Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Watch As A Ukraine MiG "Buzzes The Trees" To Spook East Ukraine Civilians | ZeroHedge
- A Blueprint for Investing in Frontier Markets | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing Taxes Around The World | ZeroHedge
- What Collateral Shortage? Collectible Cars Used As "Hard Assets" | ZeroHedge
- Further Downside May Be Ahead, Though Long-Term Trend Still Intact | Financial Sense
- WTF Moment Of The Week: No One Bought Japanese Bonds For 36 Hours This Week | ZeroHedge
- On a More Positive Note… | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- CHART: NBA Tops All Sports Leagues With Highest Average Salary For Players | Business Insider
- OBAMA: Russia Doesn't Want A Military Confrontation With The US | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- This Horrifying Robot Rolls Around On The Floor And Barely Looks Real | Business Insider
- This New Fellowship Is Trying To Get New York's Tech Talent To Solve Some Of... | Business Insider
- Snapchat Uses A Hokey-Sounding Success Strategy And Makes Employees Talk About Their Feelings... | Business Insider