Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GUESS WHAT, PAL? | iBankCoin.com
- Rick Perry "ISIS Could Be In US, Need To Be Eliminated Now" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: August 22 | ZeroHedge
- Obamacare Is A Disaster For Businesses, Philly Fed Finds | ZeroHedge
- DOJ Announces Record $16.7 Billion Mortgage Settlement With Bank Of America: Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Argentina Peso Collapses At Fastest Pace In 8 Months, Hits Record Low | ZeroHedge
- 30 Facts That Prove The American Middle-Class Is Being Destroyed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Steve Ballmer Will Teach At Stanford In The Fall, USC... | Business Insider
- These New Technologies Are Making Smartphones Less... | Business Insider
- People Are Urging GoFundMe To Shut Down A $200,000 Campaign Supporting The... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Salesforce.com Reports Earnings: A Solid Beat And It Has Raised Its Guidance For The... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Netflix Paired With The Oculus Rift Headset Could Transform Your Home Into A Movie Theater... | Business Insider