Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Small Cap Relative Strength | Financial Sense
- "Happy" Labor Day | ZeroHedge
- Double Whammy China PMI Misses Spark Sell-Side Demands For More Stimulus | ZeroHedge
- The 'Wages-Fuel-Demand' Fallacy | ZeroHedge
- USDJPY (And Nikkei) Surge Higher as Japanese Car Sales Collapse To 3-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Rises Again | Financial Sense
- New Technology Could End the Debate Over Pipeline Safety | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple Has Reportedly Partnered With American Express, Visa, And Mastercard For... | Business Insider
- This Startup Wants You To Control Everything In Your Home By Pointing At What You Want | Business Insider
- Why Apple Is Launching The iPhone And iWatch At The Same... | Business Insider
- Cramer: Expect Selling and Don't Buy It | TheStreet.com
- The West's Stark Choice: Arm Ukraine or Surrender | Business Insider
- 50 Days Of War In Gaza May Cost Israel Dearly | Business Insider
- Some People Don't Get Bitten By Mosquitoes — Why That's True Will Surprise... | Business Insider