Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- Ukrainian Drone Captures Video Of Russian Troops Fortifying In The Crimea | ZeroHedge
- US Won't Recognize Crimea Referendum Results (And 3 Awkward Questions For West's Liberals) | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap March 6, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Looking Past Ukraine | Financial Sense
- China’s Credit Markets Under Pressure | Financial Sense
- Higher Inflation Expectations May Start With Breakfast | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Care.com's CEO Sheila Marcelo: Entrepreneurs Need To Be 'Disagreeable... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Why Harry Reid Wants Me To Stop Reading The Budget | Business Insider
- Here's Your Complete Preview Of This Week's Big Economic Events (DIA, SPY,... | Business Insider
- Obama Advisor: US Won't Recognize Crimea Annexation | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek