Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Steve Keen: The Deliberate Blindness Of Our Central Planners | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Bullard: Raise Rates or Face ‘Devastating’ Bubbles | Financial Sense
- World Inflation Falls To A New 5-Year Low | ZeroHedge
- You Have Been Forewarned | Financial Sense
- Crude Oil Inventories Should Peak Soon | Financial Sense
- Spot The Odd One Out | ZeroHedge
- Why Hiring A Grass Company Was The Best Decision I’ve Ever Made | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Oklahoma scientists were really careful about announcing the connection... | Business Insider
- A whole bunch of famous people are shredding Indiana for its... | Business Insider
- Samsung's new phone looks a lot like the iPhone 6 | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Britain's Murray takes milestone 500th victory | Business Insider
- The Browns and Bucs have the most valuable collection of picks in the... | Business Insider
- International Cricket Council names World Cup XI | Business Insider