Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Former Hawkish Bank Of Israel Head Rumored To Be Next Fed Vice Chairman | ZeroHedge
- Wholesale Inventories Spike Most In 2 Years As "Hollow Growth" Continues | ZeroHedge
- Why Japan May Matter More Than Tapering | Financial Sense
- Beware The Balanced Portfolio | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: December 10 | ZeroHedge
- Santelli & Stockman Blast "Festering Fiscal" Budget Deal "Betrayal" | ZeroHedge
- Peak "Greater Fools"? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of... | StreetInsider.com
- Fannie, Freddie Raises Guarantee Fee Ahead of Mel Watt Confirmation | TheStreet.com
- Big Music Acts Cancel... | Business Insider
- A Simple Chart From Goldman Shows Why The Budget Deal Is Good News For The Economy | Business Insider
- China Puts Former Security Chief Under House Arrest | Business Insider
- Amy Poehler Thinks We're All Too Obsessed With Selfies And 'Capturing The... | Business Insider
- Why Advertising's Most Powerful Female Creative Thinks So Few Women Are... | Business Insider