Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Pentagon Will Use 30 Person "Quick-Strike Team" To Deal With Domestic Ebola Patients | ZeroHedge
- But, Stocks Are Cheap... Right? | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Green Despite Big Blue; Greenback & Black Gold Red | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Comfort Zone (In 1 Simple Chart) | ZeroHedge
- New Tesla Model S May Have Us Rethink Electric Cars | Financial Sense
- ECB Unleashes (Covered) Bond Buying Program, Sovereigns Sell Off | ZeroHedge
- A Tale of Two Economies - It Was the Better of Times, It Was the Worst of Times | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 Key Elements Will Make The 'Internet Of Things' A Massive Market | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- ANDREESSEN: The American Middle Class Is A Historical Accident | Business Insider
- Here's Your Complete Preview Of This Week's Big Economic Events | Business Insider
- Here's Exactly What To Say When Your Kid Asks, 'Are We Rich?' | Business Insider
- The Real Truth Behind The Effects Of 'Truth-Telling' Drugs | Business Insider
- Runners wear masks as smog hits Beijing marathon | Business Insider