Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It's The Entrepreneur That Saves An Economy – Not The Fed | ZeroHedge
- Inside A Mid-East Coup: A Closer Look At The Russia-Iran Power Play | ZeroHedge
- Will The Failure Of Central Banking Lead To Global Bloodshed: The French Revolution Case Study | ZeroHedge
- NIRP, Its Likelihood and Effect on Commodities | Financial Sense
- A Worrying Set Of Signals | ZeroHedge
- Portugal's Ruling Coalition Prevails As Country Votes In What Amounts To Austerity Referendum | ZeroHedge
- The Bond Market Isn't Buying The Euphoria In These Ten Stocks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists have discovered hundreds of ancient... | Business Insider
- Fate of cargo ship caught in Hurricane Joaquin unknown | Business Insider
- Two Harbaughs on sideline for Michigan vs Maryland | Business Insider
- Bermuda next up to feel the effects of Hurricane Joaquin | Business Insider
- Law firm labeled hate group leading Kim Davis' crusade | Business Insider
- I tried an unlimited blowout startup called Vive, and it's... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Dolphins cornerback Grimes hurts right knee | Business Insider