Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama's Climate Fascism Is Another Nail In The Coffin For The U.S. Economy | ZeroHedge
- When China Stopped Acting Chinese | Financial Sense
- Nothing to Do with Cash | iBankCoin.com
- China Stocks Open Marginally Higher As Regulators Unleash More 'Measures' | ZeroHedge
- Meet Solyndra 2.0: This US-Taxpayer-Subsidized Spanish "Renewables" Firm Is Collapsing | ZeroHedge
- First Default By U.S. Commonwealth In History: Puerto Rico Fails To Make Required Debt Payment | ZeroHedge
- The 2016 "Dream" Ticket | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Loyalists retake Yemen's biggest airbase: defence... | Business Insider
- HSBC is expecting to get hammered by more huge fines in the FX... | Business Insider
- This Dutch 'windwheel' is a... | Business Insider
- The single biggest mistake people make when taking a photo with their smartphone | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Two killed in New Hampshire carnival tent collapse | Business Insider
- GREEK MARKETS IMPLODE — stocks plunge 22.87% after 5... | Business Insider