Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Atlanta GDPNow Confirms “Hard” Data Still Disappointing | Financial Sense
- The Countries Where "Made In America" Really Matters | ZeroHedge
- Trump Signs Executive Order Rolling Back Obama's Climate Policies: Who Benefits The Most? | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of GOP Obamacare Repeal Negotiations | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices +3% as Fed Rate Rise Lags Inflation, Dollar Falls, Greek Debt Deadlines Loom | Financial Sense
- It's "Judgment Time": Goldman Sees Three Options For Traders | ZeroHedge
- Despite Dip-Buying Panic, The Dow Has Not Seen Longer Losing Streak Than This Since 1978 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- The best earbuds for every budget | Business Insider
- These undershirts solve one of the biggest problems guys have with them | Business Insider
- Rouhani hints at 'big development... | Business Insider
- 5 books that will improve your communication skills | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs leads bank stocks lower (GS, BAC... | Business Insider
- Tech startup Yext prices its IPO at $8 to $10 a share | Business Insider