Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The SHOCKING Inside Scoop On Being a Guest Writer At Zero Hedge | ZeroHedge
- The Most Expensive Cities To Live In Across The Globe | ZeroHedge
- Gold and Silver Update - It's Game On! | ZeroHedge
- Italy's Bank Bailout Fund Already One Third Empty After First Bank Rescue | ZeroHedge
- BiLDeRBeRG NeWS... | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Surge To New Cycle Highs After China Strengthens Yuan By Most In 11 Years | ZeroHedge
- China "Wealth Manager" Disappears With $154 Million | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The top games Apple thinks everyone should have on their iPhone (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Comcast scores a win over cord-cutters (CMCSA) | Business Insider
- 15 celebrities who are obsessed with 'Game of Thrones' | Business Insider
- Heineken's Global Brew Master reveals a seismic change in the beer industry... | Business Insider
- RUBENSTEIN: Rich people don't want to be president anymore, they just want... | Business Insider
- We tried a trampoline fitness class — and it was much harder than we expected | Business Insider
- How Amazon's Netflix competitor could be a success without making... | Business Insider