Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Draghi Now Has All the Ammunition He Needs for QE - Implementation Still a Problem | Financial Sense
- Recent Hindenburg Omens Signaled Caution, Now What? | Financial Sense
- THe INTeRViEW... | ZeroHedge
- Conrad Black: The Saudis Fear Western Alliance With Iran; Crashing Oil Is Their Retaliation | ZeroHedge
- Valuation Estimate of SP500 2015 Returns: 2,246 Target | Financial Sense
- Jim Grant: "The Fed Has A 3rd Mandate... The Administration Of American Equity Prices" | ZeroHedge
- There Is Hope In Understanding That A Great Economic Collapse Is Coming | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 18 Perfect Gifts For The World Traveler | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- The Final 'Hobbit' Movie Had A Huge Opening Weekend | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- Belarus blocks sites, closes stores to stem currency... | Business Insider