Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: September 17 | ZeroHedge
- The Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) Bond: Nondisclosure Agreement Creates Two Classes of Bondholders | ZeroHedge
- The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 2 | Financial Sense
- Is Crimea a Short-Term Gain for Putin, but Long-Term Loss for Russia? | Financial Sense
- Asia-Pac Stocks Head For Worst Losing Streak In 12 Years | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Dramatic First-Person Video Of Attempted Gunpoint Robbery Courtesy Of GoPro | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Stanford Psychologist Won A MacArthur Genius Grant For Showing How... | Business Insider
- George the goldfish has 'high risk' brain surgery | Business Insider
- Thousands flood in ahead of Asian Games opening | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- How To Create Custom Functions In Excel | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Why Paper Cuts Hurt So Much | Business Insider