Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jackie, Timmy, and Bill | ZeroHedge
- Bond Market Knows What Fed Should Do | Financial Sense
- "Eight Election Trades For November 8th" | ZeroHedge
- Medical Care Costs Are Skyrocketing! | Financial Sense
- WTI Extends Losses As US Oil Rig Count Rises To 7-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- New DHS Emails Reveal Efforts To Rush Citizenship Grants "Due To Election" | ZeroHedge
- State Tax Revenues Plunge In Q2 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A startup is building a bizarre-looking electric car you can share for $37 a week | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- This exclusive report reveals the ABCs of the IoT | Business Insider
- Why Uber's self-driving cars won't last, according to an expert at MIT | Business Insider
- Donald Trump adds these 10 people to his list of possible Supreme Court nominees | Business Insider
- People are outraged over 'Transformers 5'... | Business Insider
- A new documentary investigates murder allegations against John... | Business Insider