Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Best-Selling 'Monetary-Policy' Books Are All Anti-Fed | ZeroHedge
- Greece Is On The Ragged Edge: Bloodied Idealogues Vs. Bloodthirsty Technocrats | ZeroHedge
- Obama "Remembers" Ramadi | ZeroHedge
- The Market is Rapidly Running Out of Props… | ZeroHedge
- Now Hiring In China: Porn Identification Officers | ZeroHedge
- Lake Mead Water Level Mysteriously Plunges After Nevada Quake | ZeroHedge
- The Single Largest Misallocation of Capital in History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Norwich down Middlesbrough to win promotion jackpot | Business Insider
- Watch this guy attempt to eat 9,000 calories in one sitting for this over-the-top... | Business Insider
- Demonstrator shot dead as protests erupt outside... | Business Insider
- The 8 essential items you need in your home survival kit | Business Insider
- 'Peacemaker' Ancelotti dismissed by ruthless Madrid | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Queen Elizabeth II owns every dolphin in... | Business Insider