Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- With 6 Hours Until The Greek Vote, This Is Where We Stand | ZeroHedge
- Nomi Prins: In A World Of Artificial Liquidity – Cash Is King | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why The Euro Is Finished | ZeroHedge
- Rosenberg on Greece, US Economy, and Stocks | Financial Sense
- Cash On A Greek Bank Account? *Poof* It’s Gone! | ZeroHedge
- Panic: China Central Bank Steps In To Bailout Stocks As Underwater Traders Pray For A Rebound | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin Surges After Initial Forecasts Show "No" Vote Ahead | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Task force to probe alleged Malaysia PM money trail | Business Insider
- A 25-year-old Australian just rode the fastest time... | Business Insider
- The Empire State Building was flashing colors last night to... | Business Insider
- Cavendish primed for wind, rain on Tour second stage | Business Insider
- Europe's impossible dilemma: let Greece stay or let it... | Business Insider
- How to tell if your Cuban cigars are real or fake | Business Insider
- They're not engaged, but everything's planned: The life of a secret Pinterest... | Business Insider