Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mortgage Applications Have Biggest May Collapse Since Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Pinpointing Europe's Social Unrest Hot-Spots | ZeroHedge
- The Nikkei's Collapse: A 1987 Refresher | ZeroHedge
- Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Market Attitudes? | iBankCoin.com
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Trade Recap | iBankCoin.com
- Did Corporate Buybacks Just Jump The Shark? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Shocking Before And After Pictures Of How Climate Change Is Destroying The Earth... | Business Insider
- The Most Pinned Brand On Pinterest Doesn't Even Use A Pinterest... | Business Insider
- Trading Radar for 05/24: Foot... | StreetInsider.com
- Target Lowers Full-Year Outlook, Shares Fall | TheStreet.com
- 11 Terrible Blown Calls That Prove MLB Is In The Middle Of An Umpiring Crisis | Business Insider
- There's Only One Way To Survive In Investing | Business Insider
- Markets Are On The Verge of Euphoria | Business Insider