Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ISIS: Oil as a Strategic Weapon | ZeroHedge
- And The First To Admit Defeat In Currency Wars Is... | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Chinese Buyers Have Left The U.S. Housing Market | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Arrests Generals Who Stopped Syria-Bound, Weapons-Laden, Spook Trucks | ZeroHedge
- Futures Rebound On Latest Chinese Intervention, Renewed Hopes For "Moar From Mario" | ZeroHedge
- Internal Bleeding, Cheap Tech, And Falling Angels | ZeroHedge
- Milwaukee ISM Bounce Dies As Employment, New Orders Plunge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Leaders of warming Earth meet in Paris to cut emissions | Business Insider
- US Marine found guilty of killing transgender Filipino | Business Insider
- The FIFA stars who voted for Russia and Qatar | Business Insider
- Climate talks get down to tough business of compromise | Business Insider
- NBR names 'Mad Max: Fury Road' best film of the year | Business Insider
- Angels, security and green messages mark first... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek