Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Kissinger Warns of “Fatal Mistakes” on Sanctions, Russia, Cold War | Financial Sense
- The Unfolding Economic Crisis in Europe | Financial Sense
- Bullard Does It Again, Says Market "Misread" His QE4 Comment | ZeroHedge
- US Equities Give Back All PBOC Rate-Cut Gains | ZeroHedge
- Hugh Hendry Live 2: "QE 'Worked' By Redistributing Wealth Not Creating It" | ZeroHedge
- What Record Stock Buybacks Say About Economic Growth | ZeroHedge
- FORTY BASIS POINTS | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Northwest Bio, Celldex, Puma, MannKind | TheStreet.com
- The Microsoft Engine That Nailed The World Cup Is Making NFL Playoff... | Business Insider
- Scientists Just Figured Out How To Serve Espresso In Space | Business Insider
- Bahrain election overshadowed by opposition boycott | Business Insider
- This Microsoft Customer Switched To Google... | Business Insider
- Stocks Are Now So Fantastically Expensive That They Will Likely Have Negative Returns For Years | Business Insider
- How A Five-Year-Old Startup Is Winning Deals... | Business Insider