Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Team Will Not Attend Davos: "Would Betray Populist-Fueled Movement" | ZeroHedge
- Why Is Obama Moving Troops Into Poland, Provoking Russia Right Before The Inauguration? | ZeroHedge
- Theresa May To Call For "Clean And Hard Brexit" As UK Warns Of "Market Correction" | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Challenge of 2017 Directly Ahead for Gold, Stocks | Financial Sense
- Cyberwarfare, Driverless Cars, and Quantum Computing - FS Insider Podcasts for Science and Tech Lovers | Financial Sense
- I HaVe A DRoNe... | ZeroHedge
- "Mainstream Mediasaurus" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 13 signs you're better at adulthood than you think | Business Insider
- Ice has encrusted this desert city — and it looks like... | Business Insider
- Report: Peter Thiel may run for governor of California in... | Business Insider
- Watch a US-led coalition airstrike level an ISIS weapons factory near... | Business Insider
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider
- How Iran made the US look weak with a tiny, outdated navy and some old ballistic missiles | Business Insider
- Some 70 countries... | Business Insider