Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New York Department Of Health Issues Statement On Suspected Ebola Case | ZeroHedge
- Market Liquidity Is Back Near Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- Despite WHO's Confidence, Mali Becomes 6th West African Nation With Ebola | ZeroHedge
- No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now | Financial Sense
- Neither the US Nor China Will be an Engine For Global Growth Next Year | ZeroHedge
- When The Line Between Halloween & Real Life Terror Gets Blurred | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Shrug Off Ebola, Surge Most Since 2011, Still A Red October | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Canada faces jihadist threat after home-grown attacks | Business Insider
- CSX's Michael Ward Explains How Railroads Drive the Global Economy | TheStreet.com
- Jack Bogle on Warren Buffett, Bill Gross and How to Invest in a Volatile Market | TheStreet.com
- Messi targets record as Suarez debuts in Spanish El... | Business Insider
- Brooklyn Bowling Alley Shuts Down Because Ebola... | Business Insider
- Analysts Grill Janus Capital on 'Bond King' Bill Gross' Impact | TheStreet.com
- Bankrupt Apple Sapphire Supplier Is Getting Out Of The... | Business Insider