Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ECB Stuns Markets, Announces Tapering Of Bond Purchases To €60 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: December 7 | ZeroHedge
- The Next Domino Falls As Predicted... Here's What Comes Next | ZeroHedge
- FBI Probes HuffPo Editor After "Destroy Trump Ballots" Tweet | ZeroHedge
- Crude Tumbles Below $50 After Biggest Cushing Build Since Jan 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Draghi’s Risk Is He Speaks And No One Listens | ZeroHedge
- Time Urges 65 Million Americans Who Voted For Hillary Not To Pay Taxes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia has tested a nuclear-capable drone sub that could pose a strategic... | Business Insider
- This Samsung laptop is already a good value, and today it’s $250 off | Business Insider
- Homebuyers aren't ready to be deterred by rising... | Business Insider
- Automation doesn't always kill jobs. Sometimes, it adds... | Business Insider
- Investors are sick of big, expensive stocks | Business Insider
- Japanese economic growth has been revised sharply lower | Business Insider
- 5 challenges all salespeople face — and how to fix them | Business Insider