Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "What If China Devalues To 8?" BofA Warns Of "Profound" Consequences For Commodities, Financial System | ZeroHedge
- And The Options Market Breaks (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Presenting Never-Ending QE In One Easy Flowchart | ZeroHedge
- The Bigger-est Hockeystick Ever: Presenting The ECB's Latest Inflation Expectations | ZeroHedge
- Suddenly The Bank Of Japan Has An Unexpected Problem On Its Hands | ZeroHedge
- West Point Professor Calls For Military Strikes On Journalists Critical Of War On Terror | ZeroHedge
- With China's Markets Closed For 2 Days, The "National Team" Comes To America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- House Judiciary panel sets first Planned Parenthood... | Business Insider
- Asian stocks rise amid China holiday, get Wall Street perk... | Business Insider
- J. Crew just got a sign that its turnaround plan might be doomed | Business Insider
- Report on Ferguson unrest offers lessons in what not to do... | Business Insider
- Super PAC backing Scott Walker announces $9 million ad buy... | Business Insider
- Worker who helped Clinton set up email server takes Fifth... | Business Insider
- 20 amazing photos of lattes that are almost too gorgeous to drink | Business Insider