Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Purposeful Show of Russian Force | Financial Sense
- Cracking Open a Six-Pack | Financial Sense
- The Only Chart Needed To Understand The Global Oil Market | ZeroHedge
- Facing Reality | ZeroHedge
- The Search for Yield and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- SEC To Crack Down On "Excessive" Hedge Fund Expenses | ZeroHedge
- Is The EU Volcano About To Erupt? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse reveals the most memorable thing he ever ate while... | Business Insider
- How drones will change the world in the next 5 years | Business Insider
- Seth Meyers explains why Hillary Clinton's new email scandal isn... | Business Insider
- A Russian billionaire has a crazy plan to reach a nearby planet that might... | Business Insider
- A massive T-Rex skull was just unearthed in Montana | Business Insider
- MESSAGING APPS FOR PUBLISHERS... | Business Insider
- Why the price of prescription drugs in the US is out of control (MYL) | Business Insider