Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- President Obama To Explain How These New-New Sanctions Will Really Make Putin Mad - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Social Media Is Making People Dumber, Fears Elliott's Paul Singer | ZeroHedge
- Energy Myths and Conspiracy Theories | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: July 29 | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap July 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- TRiPoLi CLiNToN... | ZeroHedge
- Inside the Market's Mind: Investment’s Hard Problem...and Why It Can’t Be [Quantitatively] Eased | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Kraft Foods Saved Tang From Obscurity | Business Insider
- Cures For The World's Worst Diseases Could Be Hiding In Plain Sight | Business Insider
- Twitter's Monthly Active Users Are Growing Again — And The World Cup... | Business Insider
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: No Fan of Peabody Energy | TheStreet.com
- UPS Shares Tumble After An Ugly Earnings Report (UPS) | Business Insider
- 3 Stocks Spiking on Big Volume | TheStreet.com
- This iPhone Case And App Combo May Solve A Common Selfie-Taking Problem Once And For All | Business Insider