Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Number Of Companies Beating Revenue Estimates Hits Lowest Level In Two Years | ZeroHedge
- Gold, the SDR and BRICS | Financial Sense
- Gold, The SDR, & BRICS | ZeroHedge
- Overview Of Our Energy Modeling Problem | ZeroHedge
- America Ranks Below Israel In World Happiness Index | ZeroHedge
- Worst Drop In Core Durable Goods Since December 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Based on the Non-Massaged Data, China is Growing at 3% at Best | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a startling difference between what men want in a wife and in a... | Business Insider
- Pandora didn't pay 50 employees for two years (P... | Business Insider
- Look at how similar red-hot Chinese startup Xiaomi... | Business Insider
- Police dash cam video shows cop shooting and... | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about Issac Asimov's Foundation, a book... | Business Insider
- Slack's CEO reveals what it's like building the fastest $2 billion... | Business Insider
- Health care inflation for America's senior citizens is out of control | Business Insider