Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Equity Futures Fail To Surge Despite Ongoing Bad News Onslaught | ZeroHedge
- Saut: Dow Theory Says Primary Trend Still Positive Though Short-Term Caution Advised | Financial Sense
- Carl Icahn Wins Again: eBay To Spin Off PayPal, CEO John Donahoe Is Out | ZeroHedge
- Casinos Hoping for a Playable Hand | iBankCoin.com
- Summarizing The "Long Dollar Trade" In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Ackman, Berkowitz Slammed After Fannie Mae Plunges 60% On Court Ruling | ZeroHedge
- The Last Time Traders Were This Short 2Y Notes, Rates Collapsed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Video Shows What Happens When Tear Gas Hits Hong Kong Streets | Business Insider
- Fasting Modi meets Obama at White House | Business Insider
- US Manufacturing Activity Stays Strong (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT) | Business Insider
- Here's The Video That Made 9-11 Truthers Think A Senator Was On... | Business Insider
- Google Is Planning Ads That Will Take Over The Entire Screen Of Your... | Business Insider
- A Fat Finger Error Caused $617 Billion In Share Orders In Tokyo To Be Canceled | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com