Happy Earnings Season 2013
Alcoa (AA) reported and their revenue beat the Street. Off we go into Earnings Season 2013.
Alcoa shares closed flat today at $9.10 a share. Following the earnings report, Alcoa ticked 8 cents higher to close at $9.18. Alcoa predicts that demand for aluminum will increase 7% in 2013. That's good news considering last year in 2012 the company had a gain of 6%. Alcoa believes the best prospects are in aerospace but there will be slower improvements in demand for autos, packaging, and building & construction materials.
Mastery hopes stocks will have a better day Wednesday thanks to Alcoa's decent news. The futures are looking good late Tuesday night with all 3 major indexes slightly higher.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Isn't It Ironic: Mt.Gox Hacker Demands Ransom From Exchange Users To Not Reveal Their Personal Data | ZeroHedge
- Silver Spikes Most In A Month As Gold Tops $1350 | ZeroHedge
- Playing the Weakest Link | iBankCoin.com
- You've Heard Of McMansion, Now Meet The McCastle | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 11 | ZeroHedge
- Futures Fail To Rally On Lack Of Yen Carry Levitation | ZeroHedge
- HCLP Up Another 3% Today | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Opportunity Knocks | TheStreet.com
- 35 Companies That Are Changing The Way We Shop And Eat | Business Insider
- REPORT: Feds Investigating Business Dealings Of Christie... | Business Insider
- A Great Anecdote About Dennis Rodman Being A Basketball Genius | Business Insider
- Jimmy Fallon And Jon Hamm Expertly Photobomb Tourists In NYC | Business Insider
- Here's A Quick Guide To What Traders Are Chatting About Right Now | Business Insider
- Experts Say The Black Boxes From The Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane Should Turn Up Soon... | Business Insider