Research in Motion to be Thinner (RIMM)
Billy Halleck had an easier time surviving in the movie "Thinner" than Research in Motion (RIMM) will have becoming (as their CEO said) a "lean, mean, hunting machine." Sure they will.
Research in Motion's new CEO Thorsten Heins gave his inspirational speech to the world proclaiming that upcoming BlackBerry devices would transform his dying company into a "lean, mean, hunting machine."
Mastery doesn't buy the 4th down Hail Mary play by RIM management, who does? Anyone? Bueller?
Research In Motion (RIMM) is trading at $7.42 and its shares are 3.77% from its 52-week low. Bottom feeders love that RIM shares haven't been this low since 2003 but who really cares? No outside buyers do, they have all passed at a chance to buy the company. Trying to catch a bounce in RIM shares is a risky bet. The Blackberry will soon be a distant memory like the Palm Pilot.
Bottom line: RIM will starve to death becoming a "lean... machine", so will investors.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe's Tangled Web | Financial Sense
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets During Thanksgiving Week | ZeroHedge
- Only in America: Snow Looters Pillage A Dorito's Truck | ZeroHedge
- NATO Jets Surrounding Russia: Before And After | ZeroHedge
- The Consequences of Imposing Negative Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
- Notes on Russia | Financial Sense
- On Obama and the Nature of Failed Presidencies | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Battling Ebola: the worst of humanitarian missions | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Meet The Startup Building Drones That Could Save Lives | Business Insider
- German finance minister wants EU to have budget veto... | Business Insider
- Retire in Toledo? 12 Surprising Places That Best Serve Older Americans | TheStreet.com
- The ‘Freemium’ Model Is Brilliant, But It’s Ruining My Life | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the... | StreetInsider.com