Research in Motion to be Thinner (RIMM)
Billy Halleck had an easier time surviving in the movie "Thinner" than Research in Motion (RIMM) will have becoming (as their CEO said) a "lean, mean, hunting machine." Sure they will.
Research in Motion's new CEO Thorsten Heins gave his inspirational speech to the world proclaiming that upcoming BlackBerry devices would transform his dying company into a "lean, mean, hunting machine."
Mastery doesn't buy the 4th down Hail Mary play by RIM management, who does? Anyone? Bueller?
Research In Motion (RIMM) is trading at $7.42 and its shares are 3.77% from its 52-week low. Bottom feeders love that RIM shares haven't been this low since 2003 but who really cares? No outside buyers do, they have all passed at a chance to buy the company. Trying to catch a bounce in RIM shares is a risky bet. The Blackberry will soon be a distant memory like the Palm Pilot.
Bottom line: RIM will starve to death becoming a "lean... machine", so will investors.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece Deal, ADP Cheer Markets | Financial Sense
- BofA's Dire Prediction: Only Direct Government Buying Can Save China Stocks Now | ZeroHedge
- Athenian Democracy vs. Neoliberal Gods | ZeroHedge
- Have the Saudis Miscalculated the Impact of Lower Crude Prices on US Production? | Financial Sense
- MaRaTHoN MeNSCH-auBLe | ZeroHedge
- Deadlines Come and Go, Markets Endure | Financial Sense
- Official Greferendum Results Show "No" Landslide: Singular Logic Projects "Oxi" Victory | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A tiny 25-year-old Colombian rider with a freakish VO2 max... | Business Insider
- Australia fast bowler Harris retires on eve of Ashes | Business Insider
- Netanyahu unloads: The Iran deal is worse than North Korea | Business Insider
- Iran atomic bomb probe may be completed in 2015: IAEA | Business Insider
- Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, and Coach are making the same mistake —... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek