The Bullish Case for Phillips 66 (PSX)
Phillips 66 (PSX) shares just from the average target price estimates suggest a near 40% return in the next 12 months. Barrons went as far as saying they could pop 50% on restructing.
A quick look at PSX shares as of Friday's close and we see the following stats:
|Ticker||Price||52 Wk-High||52 Wk-Low||P/E||EPS||From 52wk High||From 52wk Low||Finviz TP||% from Finviz TP|
Phillips has already spun off some pipeline assets into Phillips 66 Partners (PSXP), of which it owns more than 70%. It has other assets, including a joint venture with Spectra Energy (SPE) called DCP Midstream Partners (DCP), which processes natural gas liquids.
The company could do more. It could spin out the marketing business, which supplies gasoline, diesel fuel, and aviation fuel under the Phillips 66, Conoco, or 76 brands. Chemicals and refining could also be up for grabs.
Phillips has said it expects midstream Ebitda of $2.3 billion by 2018. But even if it’s just $2 billion, at a multiple of 12 to 15—similar to other midstream companies—that business alone would be worth $24 billion to $30 billion, not too far below Phillips market value.
One fan of the stock is analyst Olsen of Tudor Pickering. On a sum of the parts, based on his 2015 estimates, he thinks Phillips is worth $94 a share, or 55% above last week’s price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nunes Calls Comey, Rogers For "Closed Session" After Finding "Concerning Info" In Intel Reports | ZeroHedge
- Trump Was Right Again: Israeli Teenager Arrested Over Phone Threats To Jewish Community Centers | ZeroHedge
- US Debt of $20 Trillion Visualized In Stacks Of Physical Cash | ZeroHedge
- The Useful And The Useless | ZeroHedge
- Six Dangerous Leftist Concepts | ZeroHedge
- Mainstream Media Has Managed To Politicize A Frivolous Lawsuit (And Used Fake Headlines To Do It) | ZeroHedge
- Buy One Eye, Get Two Crazy Eyes Free! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Etihad takes a shot at Trump's laptop ban in new ad | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Wall Street is starting to talk about the possibility of... | Business Insider
- The stories from inside North Korea's prison camps are horrifying | Business Insider
- Democrats gloat after 'Trumpcare' fails: 'So much for "The... | Business Insider
- California just set itself up for a face-off with... | Business Insider
- We should never have told people to start taking vitamins | Business Insider