15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win
Fellow Masters, all that matters is the Electoral College vote, that's it. Who cares what you and I think, it doesn't matter, it all comes down to the electoral vote. Nate Silver at the New York Times who's models are money in the bank has it pegged at a 90% chance of Obama winning the electoral vote. Thus, its time to load up on these Obama inspired stocks.
BLOW THE HOUSE DOWN
President Obama is all about alternative energy, screw oil and gasoline. We anticpate he will continue to support funding and positive momenteum for companies such as First Solar (FSLR), SunPower (SPWR) and wind turbines made by General Electric (GE). You can also just go with the ETFs that represent clean energy via the Market Vectors Solar Energy ETF (KWT), Guggenheim Solar ETF (TAN), and PowerShares Global Wind Energy Portfolio ETF (PWND).
Simply put, Wind and Solar are winners under an Obama Administration. Your weapons of choice by ticker are: FSLR, SPWR, GE, KWT, TAN, PWND.
Another sure bet is Obama has talked up throwing more money into infrastructure spending. Domestic infrastructure ETFs include First Trust North American Energy Infrastructure ETF (EMLP) and PowerShares Dynamic Building and Construction ETF (PKB).
Then there is -- Obamacare. Hospital and health care stocks are another great idea to buy up. That includes Lifepoint Hospitals Inc. (LPNT), Vanguard Health Systems Inc. (VHS), Universal Health Services Inc. (UHS), Health Management Associates Inc. (HMA). You can go with health care heavy ETFs as well, that includes Health Care Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLV), First Trust Health Care AlphaDEX Fund (FXH), and the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Healthcare Providers Index Fund (IHF).
The hospital/heathcare tickers are: LPNT, VHS, UHS, HMA, XLV, FXH, IHF.
Enjoy fellow Masters, may the best man win. If Nate Silver is wrong then jump to this article we put out a few months ago titled Stocks to Buy if Mitt Romney becomes President.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SAUT: Fade the Fed, Markets Now Dependent on Fiscal Policy | Financial Sense
- White House Launches Surprise Phone Checks On Staffers To Find "Leaker" | ZeroHedge
- Charts Of The Week: 10 Reasons To Be Cautious In This Market | ZeroHedge
- China Moves to Put North Korea in Its Place | Financial Sense
- Goldman Downgrades Tesla To "Sell" On Cash And Execution Risk | ZeroHedge
- Darrell Issa Demands Special Prosecutor Probe Trump-Russia Connections | ZeroHedge
- "Where Does This Crisis End?" - Kurt Schlichter Lays Out The Left's Violent Endgame | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Baylor coach to those who will not send their daughters to the... | Business Insider
- France passed a new advertising transparency law the entire... | Business Insider
- comScore adds YouTube mobile metrics (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Many 20-somethings share a characteristic... | Business Insider
- Kim Jong Un's half brother was assassinated — here's what... | Business Insider
- How to get the most out of voice dictation, one of the iPhone's most underrated... | Business Insider
- A $3.7 billion hedge fund interviewed dozens of job candidates,... | Business Insider