Obama comes out Swinging
President Obama went after Mitt Romney on his "47%" comment and had a moment when they compared pensions.
Obama attacked Romney based on his "47 percent" of Americans comment whom Romney said were "dependent" on government.
The president insinuated Romney’s tax proposals were a "sketchy deal" for the American people, and sought to tie the GOP nominee to George W. Bush.
Obama’s attacks extended into personal territory, too, as he frequently made reference to Romney’s immense personal wealth to make the broader case about Romney and "top-down economics."
"No, I haven't looked at my pension," he said in one exchange with Romney, "It's not as big as yours, so it doesn't take that long."
Here is the debate in its entirety:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Davos Elite Eat $40 Hot Dogs While "Struggling For Answers", Cowering in "Silent Fear" | ZeroHedge
- FBI Arrests Widow Of Orlando Nightclub Shooter | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Delusion: Halting Eurasian Integration And Saving 'US World Order' | ZeroHedge
- RealVision's 15 "Killer Charts" For Q1 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Gold Lower Before Trump Presidency – Strong Gains Akin To After Obama Inauguration? | ZeroHedge
- Death Threats Force Opera Star Bocelli To Pull Out Of Inauguration Performance | ZeroHedge
- US Deploys Third Carrier Group In Asia To Boost "Naval Air Forces" In Disputed South China Sea | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CIA director warns Trump to watch what he says, be... | Business Insider
- There's a simple test you can do at home to see if... | Business Insider
- How hacking and 'fake news' contributed to the... | Business Insider
- Monica Crowley bows out amid plagiarism... | Business Insider
- Iraqi special forces are closing in on... | Business Insider
- Former Patriots assistant floated a rumor that the Browns will try... | Business Insider
- This MIT website makes you decide who a self-driving car should kill in an... | Business Insider