Obama comes out Swinging
President Obama went after Mitt Romney on his "47%" comment and had a moment when they compared pensions.
Obama attacked Romney based on his "47 percent" of Americans comment whom Romney said were "dependent" on government.
The president insinuated Romney’s tax proposals were a "sketchy deal" for the American people, and sought to tie the GOP nominee to George W. Bush.
Obama’s attacks extended into personal territory, too, as he frequently made reference to Romney’s immense personal wealth to make the broader case about Romney and "top-down economics."
"No, I haven't looked at my pension," he said in one exchange with Romney, "It's not as big as yours, so it doesn't take that long."
Here is the debate in its entirety:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- After General Motors’ Earnings… | iBankCoin.com
- Superstar FX Trader Whiz-kid Nothing But A Superspending Ponzi Fraud | ZeroHedge
- China's Largest Manager Of Bad Debt On The Economy: "Grim And Complicated" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Slammed To Fresh 10-Week Lows Below Key Technical Level | ZeroHedge
- Largest-Ever U.S. Military Solar Project Gets Underway | Financial Sense
- Let’s See Where the Stupid NASDAQ is at 3:59pm | iBankCoin.com
- 60% Of China's Water "Too Polluted To Drink" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Nearly Sixty Percent Of Facebook's Ad Revenue... | Business Insider
- Peter Jackson Reveals Why The Final 'Hobbit' Movie Is Getting A... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazon Has A New Service That Will Deliver 45 Pounds Of Groceries For A Flat Fee (AMZN) | Business Insider
- A California Politician Wants To Give Tons Of Students 'Free' Tuition — But... | Business Insider
- Etsy Just Bought Boutique Electronics Startup Grand St. | Business Insider