Obama comes out Swinging
President Obama went after Mitt Romney on his "47%" comment and had a moment when they compared pensions.
Obama attacked Romney based on his "47 percent" of Americans comment whom Romney said were "dependent" on government.
The president insinuated Romney’s tax proposals were a "sketchy deal" for the American people, and sought to tie the GOP nominee to George W. Bush.
Obama’s attacks extended into personal territory, too, as he frequently made reference to Romney’s immense personal wealth to make the broader case about Romney and "top-down economics."
"No, I haven't looked at my pension," he said in one exchange with Romney, "It's not as big as yours, so it doesn't take that long."
Here is the debate in its entirety:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ron Paul: The Right Lessons From Obamacare's Meltdown | ZeroHedge
- Don't Think Armageddon, Think "A Thousand Balls Of Flame... And Then Crickets!" | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Questions "Are Central Bankers Coming To A Bitter End?" | ZeroHedge
- Black Panther Party Leader Blasts Billary: "Democrats Are Pimping Us Politically, Promising Everything, Giving Nothing" | ZeroHedge
- Greek 'Thought Police' Prosecute Bishop For (Accurately) Calling 'Refugees', "Illegal Migrants" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Extends Losses As 'Short-Squeeze' Ammo Is Now Exhausted | ZeroHedge
- Obama's Parting Gift: $20 Trillion In Public Debt And A Rising Budget Deficit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- September is the best month | Business Insider
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider
- UN pays tens of millions to the Assad regime under... | Business Insider
- 2 Chicago men charged in shooting of Nykea... | Business Insider
- Why a lifesaving drug that's been around since 1923 is still... | Business Insider
- Hey, traders — here's how to tell whether your job is going to... | Business Insider
- Watch a US-led coalition airstrike level an ISIS position as the advance... | Business Insider