How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You Will Never Hear These Truths Discussed In The Mainstream | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Mercers - The Most Powerful Family You've Never Heard Of | ZeroHedge
- Can Trump Turn Back Time On Coal Mining Employment? | ZeroHedge
- NY Times Outs White House Sources Who Provided Intel Reports To Nunes | ZeroHedge
- Top Turkish Banker Arrested At JFK Airport Over Massive Gold Money-Laundering Scheme | ZeroHedge
- Crude Inventory Build Sends Oil Prices Into a Nosedive | Financial Sense
- CBO Warns Of Fiscal Catastrophe As A Result Of Exponential Debt Growth In The U.S. | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Seth Meyers: Why Trump is just like The Dude from 'The Big Lebowski... | Business Insider
- Top financial adviser: Thanks to technology, 'Everything you think about the... | Business Insider
- 'Stop shaking your head again': Watch... | Business Insider
- Mobile purchases in the US gain traction | Business Insider
- STOCKS REBOUND: Here's what you need to know (SNAP, F) | Business Insider
- Samsung makes smart home play | Business Insider
- Trump has already signed 45 executive actions — here's what each one... | Business Insider