How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Has 6 Goldman Appointees- Swamp Drains You | ZeroHedge
- Secular Stagnation Theory: Challenge to DeLong, Summers, Bernanke, Krugman, Keen, Pettis, Edwards | Financial Sense
- ReTuRN oF THe STaTiST FaSCioNiSTaS... | ZeroHedge
- Higher Interest Rates Good for Stocks | Financial Sense
- "They Are The Opposition Party" - Trump May Evict Press From The White House | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Market Recap Jan 15, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- IMF Downplays Trump Stimulus Effect; Slashes Saudi, Mexico Growth In Latest World Economic Outlook | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Packers tight end makes incredible 35-yard catch on his toes to help set up... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- 5 hidden features to get the most out of your Xbox One | Business Insider
- You can now book workout classes directly from Google | Business Insider
- Iran: 'There will be no renegotiation' of the Iran deal... | Business Insider
- Hybrid human-robo advisors will manage 10% of all... | Business Insider
- Here are the qualifications of all 13 people who served as Secretary of Energy... | Business Insider