How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Google Searches For "Conservative Outreach Manager" After Failing To Elect Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Is the Bank of Japan TRYING to Crash the Markets? | ZeroHedge
- Is Janet Yellen Sabotaging The Trump Administration? | ZeroHedge
- Are Fiscal Stimulus Expectations Too High? | Financial Sense
- In Mexico, a Trying Year for Trade | Financial Sense
- Boom and Bust | Financial Sense
- Supreme Court Rules On Insider Trading For First Time In 20 Years: Why It Matters | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple is urging the US government to speed up self-... | Business Insider
- FED'S BULLARD: Trump's policies could be... | Business Insider
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey says it's '... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- This financier left Wall Street to start a marijuana chocolate company | Business Insider
- Patriots breakout rookie joined a women's book club... | Business Insider
- Use a strategy practiced by everyone from Darwin to Google to be more... | Business Insider