How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- NYC Mayor De Blasio Ebola Update "Under Control - No Cause For Alarm" - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Speak, Switzerland! | Financial Sense
- Burst Chinese Housing Bubble Leads To First Annual Price Decline Since 2012; Prices Drop In Record 69 Cities | ZeroHedge
- Back To The Future Was Right: Hoverboards Are Just Around The Corner | ZeroHedge
- Top Ebola Scientists: Ebola More Likely to be Spread by Aerosol In Cold, Dry Conditions than In Hot, Humid Africa | ZeroHedge
- A Prime Spot for an Amazon Drop | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 15 Brilliant Quotes That Show The Genius Mind Of Box CEO Aaron Levie | Business Insider
- This Mesmerizing Map Of The Internet Lets You Explore The Web's Tiny... | Business Insider
- South Africa 282-9 in second New Zealand ODI | Business Insider
- Here's What Successful People Eat For Breakfast | Business Insider
- EU agrees landmark climate change deal: Van Rompuy | Business Insider
- Zellweger 'new face' highlights Hollywood aging taboo... | Business Insider