How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pakistan Opposition Leader Slams US: "You Like Only Those Governments In Muslim Countries That Are Your Slaves" | ZeroHedge
- Ebay PayPal Spin-Off - Who Knew What When? | ZeroHedge
- After Russia Shutters McDonalds, The West Wonders Who's Next? | ZeroHedge
- Ebola Suspect Tested In California: Statements From Kaiser Permanente And Dept Of Public Health | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Minutes Show Many Members Believe Rates Should Rise Sooner | ZeroHedge
- Lucid Dreaming! | Financial Sense
- China’s Credit Slowdown Raises Concerns About Overall Economic Health | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Is Draft Beer Better Than Bottled Beer? | Business Insider
- S&P 500 Is Just 5 Points From An All-Time High | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- 43 Years In The Evolution Of Nike Sneakers | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- DOW AND S&P CLIMB, NASDAQ SLIPS: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, IEP,... | Business Insider