How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Slams 'Fake News' Lies That Sweden's Mass Immigration "Is Working Out Just Beautifully" | ZeroHedge
- Trump and the Fed | Financial Sense
- Trump`s Deficit Spending Plan Will Bankrupt United States | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Equities: Political Risks versus Strong Macro Crosscurrents | Financial Sense
- The 10 Biggest Leaks Of The Trump Presidency | ZeroHedge
- Fumbling Towards Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Trump Played the Libertarian Right | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 50 most expensive colleges in America | Business Insider
- A dozen Norwegian Refugee Council staff members have been... | Business Insider
- HGTV star Scott McGillivray explains how to avoid the... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Washington prepares to bring North Koreans to US for talks | Business Insider
- Marine Le Pen is taking her first meeting with a foreign head of... | Business Insider
- Russia's ambassador to the UN has died | Business Insider