How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Schadenfreude: Economists "Stunned" By Housing Fade | ZeroHedge
- Reports Are Not Yet Confirming Slowdown Was All Weather Related | Financial Sense
- What Google Autocomplete Tells Us About America | ZeroHedge
- Apple's Total Cash Holdings Decline For The First Time Since Before Lehman | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet For Investing All of Your Money | Altucher Confidential
- More Bubble Talk | iBankCoin.com
- Russia "Forced" To Launch Drill On Ukraine Border In Response To "NATO Build Up", Will Involve Fighter Jets | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's The Funniest Exchange Between Facebook's Outgoing CFO And... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Putin Just Called The Internet A 'CIA Project' — Here's Why... | Business Insider
- Redditor Tracks Down A Man's Missing Mother In The Middle Of New York City | Business Insider
- Ducati Has Made An Airbag Jacket For Motorcycle Riders | Business Insider
- LIVE: Apple Earnings! (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Why People Are Obsessed With Teen YouTube Star Bethany Mota... | Business Insider