How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SHHHH, IT’S VIX SEASON | iBankCoin.com
- Europe Demands Banks Hand Over Their Lunch Money Following Swiss Franc Libor Rigging | ZeroHedge
- United States Of China: In Which States Is Your Landlord Most Likely To Be Chinese | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- A Quality Gem | iBankCoin.com
- Is This Why Stocks Closed Not "Off The Lows"? | ZeroHedge
- Speak, Switzerland! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Outrageous Email Reveals How... | Business Insider
- The US Won't See Another Solar Eclipse Like This Week's Until 2023 | Business Insider
- European Markets Are Surging | Business Insider
- Facebook Is a 'More Compelling Investment' Than Twitter | TheStreet.com
- The Point Guard The Miami Heat Drafted For LeBron James Has... | Business Insider
- Steve Ballmer On His Relationship With Bill Gates: 'We've Dusted Up Many Times... | Business Insider
- Welcome To Ranger School, Where The Army's Toughest Soldiers Are Made... | Business Insider