How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- We Again See Real Estate As Best Investment | Financial Sense
- ECB Moving Closer to Unconventional Policy | Financial Sense
- The Market Is Too Dependent on Hopes That Await Evidence | Financial Sense
- U.S. Consumer Spending: A Positive Surprise! | Financial Sense
- EaSTeR ViSiToRS... | ZeroHedge
- Whitney Tilson on The Art Of Value Investing | iBankCoin.com
- The One Thing Most Desired By Chinese Consumers Is... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What Happened To 7 Of The Earliest Employees Who Launched Amazon | Business Insider
- The 15 Most Thrilling Roller Coasters In America | Business Insider
- Ignore the Haters: Marissa Mayer Is Doing Incredibly Well at Yahoo! | TheStreet.com
- Dear Geeks: You Are Hilarious And These Amazon Product Reviews Prove It | Business Insider
- Here’s How To Unlock Three Android Easter Eggs | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Fear and Loathing on Wall Street | TheStreet.com
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek