How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Key Events And Issues In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Fun-Durr-Mentals.... | ZeroHedge
- WTF Chart Of The Day: SBUX Edition | ZeroHedge
- Euthanasia of the Economy | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Why We're Stuck with a Bubble Economy | ZeroHedge
- Here’s to Capitulation! | iBankCoin.com
- Tuesday (Un)Humor: Selfies At A Funeral | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Demographics Of Social Media Audiences, And The Unique Opportunities Offered By... | Business Insider
- I've Never Had A Meeting With A Female Auto Executive | Business Insider
- Tech Firms Call For NSA Reforms As They Protect... | Business Insider
- Robert Shiller Warns Sweden's Home Prices Are Too High In A Sidewalk Chalk... | Business Insider
- College Football Coach Bought... | Business Insider
- Here's How Much Google Should Pay To Have Its... | Business Insider
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE — Henry Blodget Presents 'The Future Of Digital: 2013'... | Business Insider