How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WiTH TRuMPeRTY... | ZeroHedge
- No, China Is Not Crashing | Financial Sense
- Chinese Warships Came Within 12 Miles Of U.S. Coast | ZeroHedge
- What Does It Mean If The Fed Hikes... And If It Doesn't | ZeroHedge
- “Fear Trade” Alert—Again | Financial Sense
- For "Fearful, Erratic Markets", China's Reserves Are The New Risk-On/Off Trigger: Goldman | ZeroHedge
- AVOID THE SAVAGE AT ALL COSTS | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Judge: Suspect's confession OK in California pier... | Business Insider
- US Open Lookahead: Venus Williams could use tips from... | Business Insider
- An elegant solution to the problem in every young banker's fridge | Business Insider
- Google is rolling out an update that will make your inner hypochondriac rejoice... | Business Insider
- We tried McDonald's answer to Chick-fil-A — here's the... | Business Insider
- Maine Dunkin' Donuts: Free coffee for 'Deflategate... | Business Insider
- Thais unveil restored statue at bomb site to boost morale... | Business Insider