How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Gross Sues PIMCO "Cabal" Over Ouster, Seeks "Hundreds Of Millions", Blames El-Erian | ZeroHedge
- How To Make Millions With Idea Sex | Altucher Confidential
- Optimistic Narrative for China? | Financial Sense
- From Bezzle To Bummer - The Mirage Of "Psychic" Wealth | ZeroHedge
- Why Are You So Angry? | Financial Sense
- Jobless Claims, Leading Economic Indicators Still Not Warning of Recession | Financial Sense
- Despite Surging Job Cuts, Initial Jobless Claims Tumble Back Near 42 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Land Rover is coming out with a new drop-top SUV | Business Insider
- Alberto, Rangers beat Blue Jays in 14th, lead ALDS 2-0 | Business Insider
- NATO chief: Alliance faces 'conflict, instability' | Business Insider
- Moore hits winner to lift Lynx over Fever 80-77 | Business Insider
- Americans jump out to another lead in Presidents Cup | Business Insider
- APNewsBreak: Ohio challenges FDA's stand on execution... | Business Insider
- The Fed thinks stocks are expensive (SPX, SPY, DJI, IXIC, TLT, TLO, USD) | Business Insider