How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Peter Thiel's RNC Speech: "Wall Street Bankers Inflate Bubbles In Everything From Bonds To Hillary's Speaking Fees" | ZeroHedge
- Full Text Of Donald Trump's Convention Speech | ZeroHedge
- Signs of Excessive Bullish Sentiment | Financial Sense
- Erdogan Formally Requests Gulen Extradition From US, As Power At Incirlik Airbase Restored | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: The End Of 'Choppiness' | ZeroHedge
- Beyond 28 Pages: The US - Saudi Relationship Starts To Fray | ZeroHedge
- Its 2007 Deja Vu All Over Again: Goldman Is Raising $8 Billion LBO Fund | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 'Divergent' franchise is scrapping its final... | Business Insider
- These 10 units of measurement have fascinating roots | Business Insider
- Black Lives Matter is still important after shootings in Dallas and Baton Rouge | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- McDonald's chef reveals 5 changes the company is making to its food | Business Insider
- Google leverages its user base to improve Google Maps (GOOG, GOOGL... | Business Insider
- 'There probably won't be too many positives': Here's what Wall Street... | Business Insider