How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nature Rebounds | Financial Sense
- "Diva Of Distress" Dissed: Court Tosses Lynn Tilton's Lawsuit Against SEC, Which Is Suing Her For Fraud | ZeroHedge
- Crude Slumps To $57 Handle As DOE Confirms Surprise Inventory Build, Production Hovers Near Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- CHOKING ON MY OWN BLACK SMOKE | iBankCoin.com
- Could Armenia Be The Next Ukraine? | ZeroHedge
- Tuesday Humor: Merkel's Desktop | ZeroHedge
- Crude Crashes To $56 Handle - 10-Week Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bill de Blasio is going nuclear against Andrew Cuomo | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Brutal chart shows why Chris Christie probably should've run for president in... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- RadiumOne — the adtech company recently rumored to be... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 7/... | StreetInsider.com