How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The "Most Significant Danger" According To Elliott's Paul Singer | ZeroHedge
- Yamada on Market Top, Multi-Year Breakouts in Tech Stocks, and Downtrend in Gold | Financial Sense
- The Case For A Bull Or Bear Market In Two Charts | ZeroHedge
- Gary Shilling: "Q2 GDP Was Closer To 1% Than To 3%. It Could Even Be A Negative Number" | ZeroHedge
- New Long(s) | iBankCoin.com
- NYSE Margin Debt Storms Back To All Time Highs | ZeroHedge
- Respecting the Message of Bob Farrell’s Rule #7 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dollar Tree Buying Family Dollar Could Be Bad News For Coca-Cola And Clorox | Business Insider
- A Tanker Carrying Kurdish Crude Is Doing Donuts In The Gulf Of Mexico After A US Judge... | Business Insider
- This Company Is Turning The Desert Green — And It Could Radically Change the... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- NBA's Not-So-Free Agency Continues To Screw The Best Players | Business Insider
- Here's Why Instagram's Demographics Are So Attractive To Brands | Business Insider
- Texas Congressman Saves Child From Choking On Chicken Nuggets | Business Insider