How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Smoking Gun: U.S. and UK KNEW Saddam Did NOT Possess WMDs | ZeroHedge
- Fashion Company SQBG Tries To Crush Shorts, Force Squeeze After Chairman Urges Investors To Pull Borrow | ZeroHedge
- 'Unpatriotic' Ford Agrees Union Deal To Offshore American Jobs And Hire Low-Paid Workers | ZeroHedge
- And The First To Admit Defeat In Currency Wars Is... | ZeroHedge
- Erdogan Says Will Resign If Oil Purchases From ISIS Proven After Putin Says Has "More Proof" | ZeroHedge
- Morgan Stanley To Cull 25% Of Fixed Income Jobs Within 2 Weeks As Revenues Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Economic Snapshot | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Another allegation of blackmail has been made against... | Business Insider
- Online sales on track to break 'Cyber Monday' record... | Business Insider
- A 'Game of Thrones' actor just obliterated the world... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Clinton presses Venezuela to uphold will of voters | Business Insider
- Kobe Bryant announces he will retire at the end of the season | Business Insider
- US stocks are little changed in early trading after... | Business Insider