How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Kunstler: There Are Only 2 Choices For The Masses - "Doomer" Or "Wisher" | ZeroHedge
- A Net Assessment of the World | Financial Sense
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sachs Predicting $45 Oil by October | Financial Sense
- Bernanke Says "No Large Mispricings In US Securities"; These 5 Charts Say Otherwise | ZeroHedge
- China Sets Up Gold Investment Fund For Central Banks | ZeroHedge
- Should The Clinton 2016 Campaign Change Its Logo? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hull relegated as Stoke ruin Gerrard farewell | Business Insider
- Greece issues fresh warning on IMF payment in June | Business Insider
- Samsung to merge two major units | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- I just finished Marvel's new 'Daredevil' series and was completely... | Business Insider
- Struggling BlackBerry announces new round of layoffs | Business Insider
- Djokovic, Nadal, Serena star in super Tuesday | Business Insider