How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Auditing The IRS: "Is There Any Limit To The Scope Where You Folks Can Go?" | ZeroHedge
- Adding Insult To Injury, South African Gold Mining Union Demands Up To 60% Wage Hikes | ZeroHedge
- This Might Be Why There’s a Student Debt Bubble | iBankCoin.com
- Class of 2013: The Most Indebted Ever | ZeroHedge
- What Inflation Means to You: Inside the Consumer Price Index | Financial Sense
- Stocks Decouple From “Risk-On” Indicators | Financial Sense
- Japan Economy Minister: "Yen's Excessive Strength Has Been Largely Corrected; Further Weakness Could Be Harmful" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US Airways Flight Attendants, Finally United, Look to the Next Merger | TheStreet.com
- This is What A Syrian Airstrike On A Small Town Looks Like | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- What's Tough And Awesome About Being A Well-Known Couple In Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- Here's What You Need To Do Today If You're A Victim Of Revenge Porn | Business Insider
- Thanks To Apple And Google, Wearable Technology Is On Track To Become A $50 Billion Market (... | Business Insider
- Air Force Targets $50M Savings With Apple iPads | TheStreet.com