How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Crude Continues Slide, Ruble Stabilizes, US Futures Rebound As Global Stocks Slump: All Eyes On Yellen | ZeroHedge
- The Pigmen Win Again | ZeroHedge
- Caption Contest: Dry-Cleaning Edition | ZeroHedge
- New Poll Finds 59% Of Americans Support Post-9/11 Torture – Propaganda, Cultural Sickness, Or Both? | ZeroHedge
- U.S. vs. Global Shock | Financial Sense
- IMF Now Ready To Slam The Door On The U.S. And The Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen's Last (Considerably Confused) FOMC Press Conference Of 2014 - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Snapchat Quietly Paid $30 Million To Acquire A Video Tech Startup, AddLive... | Business Insider
- Will General Electric's 2015 Oil and Gas Outlook Scare Investors? | TheStreet.com
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- UK-Based Social Media Monitoring Company Brandwatch Has... | Business Insider
- Green Day marks rock's new generation in Hall of Fame | Business Insider
- 'A Sense Of Panic' May Force... | Business Insider
- 2015 Biotech Drug/Stock Outlook: Here's What You Need to Know | TheStreet.com