How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Double Whammy China PMI Misses Spark Sell-Side Demands For More Stimulus | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Deflationary Fears Are Spreading Globally | Financial Sense
- Latin America: The Clouds May Be Clearing | Financial Sense
- In Iraq, the United States and Iran Align Against the Islamic State | Financial Sense
- Ukrainian Coast Guard Attacked Near Russian Border, Some Killed | ZeroHedge
- Taupe: It’s Not Just For The Oval Office Anymore | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New test fast-tracks diagnosis for malaria | Business Insider
- Mugabe says 'friendly' China vows to help... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Man Accused Of Leaking Naked Celebrity iCloud... | Business Insider
- 22 Executives Who Wake Up Really Early | Business Insider
- Why Facebook, Twitter and Jumei Shares Are Poised for Gains | TheStreet.com
- 9 Authentic Mexican Dishes You Should Eat Instead Of The Tex-Mex Knockoffs | Business Insider