How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- The REAL Looting Is Happening On Wall Street … Not In Ferguson | ZeroHedge
- Gary Shilling on Interest Rates, Deleveraging, and Corporate Profits | Financial Sense
- 2,200 National Guard Troops To Be Deployed In Ferguson Tonight, Up From 700 | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $COH | iBankCoin.com
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- US "Secret" Deal With Saudis Backfires After Oil Minister Says US Should Cut First | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Thomas Cook shares slump as chief executive quits | Business Insider
- Chicago PMI Misses Expectations (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- Here's Why People Don't Believe In Climate Change | Business Insider
- Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson police... | Business Insider
- This Is How Google Actually Decides Who To Hire (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Home Prices Rise In September (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- Netflix Alleges These Emails Show Yahoo's CIO Took Kickbacks In His Old Job (NFLX... | Business Insider