How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Chimera Of 'Stable' Money | ZeroHedge
- What Happens When Central Banks Become Major Buyers in the Stock Market? Case Study: Japan | Financial Sense
- Oil Headwinds Become Tailwinds | Financial Sense
- Illinois Warns Of "Crippling Tax Hikes", "Devastating Impact" If Largest Pension Fund Admits Reality | ZeroHedge
- The Search for Yield and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- What's Wrong With This Picture? (Again) | ZeroHedge
- The Current Gold and Silver Price Downtrend Will Prove to be Just a Temporary Lull in a Continuing Uptrend, Part 2. | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 best movies since 2000 according to critics | Business Insider
- How the Internet of Things will affect security & privacy | Business Insider
- The CEO behind the EpiPen price hikes has a familial tie to... | Business Insider
- Why America's missile defense systems are the best in the world | Business Insider
- Donald Trump just completed a big reversal on his signature issue | Business Insider
- 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided' has a brilliant... | Business Insider
- Under Armour sparks outrage after dropping its sponsorship of a hunter whose husband... | Business Insider