How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Greece & Falling Oil Issues Stay “Contained”? – Investors on High Alert | Financial Sense
- 30Y German Bund Yield Plunges Under 1% - Record Low | ZeroHedge
- "King Dollar" Is Crushing 'Recovery'Dreams, 87% Of US Companies Have Guided Lower | ZeroHedge
- Will Draghi’s QE work? | Financial Sense
- It Begins: Energy Giant Chevron Suspends Stock Buyback, Blames "Cash Flow Squeeze" | ZeroHedge
- Greeks Turn to Gold on Bank Bail-in and Drachma Risks | ZeroHedge
- The Surprising Consequences of the Global Frenzy for Positive Yield | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- See how Salesforce has expanded from a small house to the tallest building in San... | Business Insider
- How to get the best quality wine at any price point | Business Insider
- Here's why one company bans meetings every Wednesday morning | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Marseille dig deep to keep pressure on PSG and Lyon | Business Insider
- A case for Apple's giant iPad might have just leaked (AAPL) | Business Insider
- These 11 apps and websites will make you miss your childhood | Business Insider