How high could NMT Medical (NMTI) shares go?
Shares of NMT Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NMTI) have nearly doubled since the beginning of the month, on relatively no news.
With no news, why would the stock be up nearly 100% in the last 3 weeks? We think someone knows something, and it has to do with their clinical trials.
According to NMTI's website, their CLOSURE I trial is supposed to wrap up in 2010. The trial Will compare the effectiveness (in terms of preventing stroke or TIA recurrence) of permanent PFO closure with the STARFlex septal repair implant against conventional medications in 900 patients. It is designed to determine which form of care is superior.
The company also has a potential migraine cure with their PFO technology. NMT Medical is investigating the potential connection between a common cardiac defect called a PFO and brain attacks such as migraine headaches, stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). A PFO can allow venous blood, unfiltered and unmanaged by the lungs, to enter the arterial circulation of the brain, possibly triggering a cerebral event or brain attack. More than 18,000 PFOs have been closed globally with NMT's implant technology.
Fellow Masters, NMTI has been flying under the radar for a while now, but someone out there is taking note of their potentially groundbreaking new treatments. If they get some good FDA news this year, shares could jump to $10.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- OPEC’s Influence Has Long Been Exaggerated | Financial Sense
- China Cuts Interest Rates, Takes Number Of Central Banks Easing In 2015 To 21 | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, Over At The "New York" Stock Exchange... Lasers | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Be Fooled By The Gold Price | ZeroHedge
- Grant Williams: Why The Smart Money Is So Nervous Now | ZeroHedge
- Here Is The Reason Why Stocks Just Had Their Best Month Since October 2011 | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Drivers: Central Bank Meetings, Jobs Data and More | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Former NBA player Anthony Mason has died at age 48 | Business Insider
- Why Target forgot its formula for success | Business Insider
- Iraq predicts oil will rise to $64-65 per barrel | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- The golden age of gas is arriving | Business Insider