NetFlix Continues to Dominate (NFLX)
NetFlix Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) shares are trading over $230 these days and most of us are waiting to buy on a dip. This year alone NetFlix shares are up 33% and make that 120% over the past 12 months.
Today we get word that NetFlix is now the biggest source of North American web traffic, accounting for 24.71% of aggregate traffic.
The company is now planning to take over Canada.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
If for some reason you need further convincing that Netflix is taking over our lives, you only need to look at Sandvine’s latest report which shows that the video streaming company is now the biggest source of North American web traffic, accounting for 24.71 percent of aggregate traffic.
Netflix also accounts for about a third (29.70 percent, up from 21 percent last fall) of all download traffic — not surprising, since high-definition streaming is a major bandwidth hog. Netflix ended up surpassing BitTorrent for both download (10.37 percent) and aggregate Internet traffic (17.23 percent).
The traffic numbers show us that Netflix is an even more dominant force on the web than some think, and it also shows us just how quickly new markets will jump on the Netflix bandwagon.
After launching in Canada last September, Netflix managed to snag over 800,000 registered users there by the end of March 2011. Sandvine points out that number accounts for around 10 percent of Canada’s broadband households, and that Netflix traffic now consumes 13.5 percent of downstream traffic during evening peak hours in Canada.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Dollar Tumbles Ahead Of FOMC | ZeroHedge
- Nomi Prins: Why The Financial & Political System Failed And Stability Matters | ZeroHedge
- Some Things You Should Remember | iBankCoin.com
- Pentagon Approves Mandatory 21-Day Quarantine Of US Troops Returning From Ebola Missions | ZeroHedge
- Took Some TZA | iBankCoin.com
- Sellers at the Gate | iBankCoin.com
- The Buyback Of Things: IBM To Repurchase Another $5 Billion In Stock In Next Two Quarters | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 Deeply Undervalued Stocks Poised for a Big-Time Rally | TheStreet.com
- Amazon Puts Fire Behind It With Rooftop Buy, Cloud Dominance | TheStreet.com
- What makes a criminal? Gene trawl raises questions | Business Insider
- Fiat Chrysler Shares Explode After Company Announces Plan To Spin Off Ferrari (FCAU... | Business Insider
- There's A Massive Sexual Assault March Happening At Columbia University... | Business Insider
- Marry Someone With This Trait If You Want To Get Ahead In Your Career | Business Insider
- These Are The States That Value Sex Over Love | Business Insider