NetFlix Continues to Dominate (NFLX)
NetFlix Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) shares are trading over $230 these days and most of us are waiting to buy on a dip. This year alone NetFlix shares are up 33% and make that 120% over the past 12 months.
Today we get word that NetFlix is now the biggest source of North American web traffic, accounting for 24.71% of aggregate traffic.
The company is now planning to take over Canada.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
If for some reason you need further convincing that Netflix is taking over our lives, you only need to look at Sandvine’s latest report which shows that the video streaming company is now the biggest source of North American web traffic, accounting for 24.71 percent of aggregate traffic.
Netflix also accounts for about a third (29.70 percent, up from 21 percent last fall) of all download traffic — not surprising, since high-definition streaming is a major bandwidth hog. Netflix ended up surpassing BitTorrent for both download (10.37 percent) and aggregate Internet traffic (17.23 percent).
The traffic numbers show us that Netflix is an even more dominant force on the web than some think, and it also shows us just how quickly new markets will jump on the Netflix bandwagon.
After launching in Canada last September, Netflix managed to snag over 800,000 registered users there by the end of March 2011. Sandvine points out that number accounts for around 10 percent of Canada’s broadband households, and that Netflix traffic now consumes 13.5 percent of downstream traffic during evening peak hours in Canada.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did Brexit Kill the Oil Price Rally? | Financial Sense
- WTI Jumps Above $48 After Bigger Than Expected Crude Inventory Draw | ZeroHedge
- What's Driving This Ramp? The Biggest Short Squeeze In 5 Years | ZeroHedge
- Union Jacked | Financial Sense
- There Is Now A Staggering $11.7 Trillion In Negative Yielding Debt | ZeroHedge
- "Back Into The Hurricane" - Doug Casey Warns "Gold Will Go Higher Than Most People Can Imagine" | ZeroHedge
- Brexit, A Step In The Right Direction: The Optimistic View | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We took a spin around the track in the highly anticipated $156,000 Acura... | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' actor on what may lie in store for Bran Stark next... | Business Insider
- A financial planner explains whether to sign up for store credit cards | Business Insider
- Budget watchdog group slams both Clinton... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton issued 2 very different... | Business Insider
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The Trends Creating New Winners And Losers In The Card... | Business Insider
- This music service uses artificial intelligence to help you focus... | Business Insider