NetFlix Continues to Dominate (NFLX)
NetFlix Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) shares are trading over $230 these days and most of us are waiting to buy on a dip. This year alone NetFlix shares are up 33% and make that 120% over the past 12 months.
Today we get word that NetFlix is now the biggest source of North American web traffic, accounting for 24.71% of aggregate traffic.
The company is now planning to take over Canada.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
If for some reason you need further convincing that Netflix is taking over our lives, you only need to look at Sandvine’s latest report which shows that the video streaming company is now the biggest source of North American web traffic, accounting for 24.71 percent of aggregate traffic.
Netflix also accounts for about a third (29.70 percent, up from 21 percent last fall) of all download traffic — not surprising, since high-definition streaming is a major bandwidth hog. Netflix ended up surpassing BitTorrent for both download (10.37 percent) and aggregate Internet traffic (17.23 percent).
The traffic numbers show us that Netflix is an even more dominant force on the web than some think, and it also shows us just how quickly new markets will jump on the Netflix bandwagon.
After launching in Canada last September, Netflix managed to snag over 800,000 registered users there by the end of March 2011. Sandvine points out that number accounts for around 10 percent of Canada’s broadband households, and that Netflix traffic now consumes 13.5 percent of downstream traffic during evening peak hours in Canada.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Homeland Security Staff Suddenly "Locked Out" Of Computer Networks | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Gasoline Glut In 27 Years Could Crash Oil Markets | ZeroHedge
- A Storm Is Brewing Over Europe | Financial Sense
- Gallup Finds Americans' Hostility To Russia Soared After Obama's 2012 Re-Election | ZeroHedge
- Theory of Relativity | ZeroHedge
- Our Systems Are Failing: "This Is An Evolutionary Moment For Our Species" | ZeroHedge
- The Trump Triumph Challenges Economic Predictions for 2017 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the future of financial advice | Business Insider
- THE MOBILE PAYMENTS IN CHINA REPORT: What the US... | Business Insider
- Hundreds of EU citizens rally for Brexit rights in London | Business Insider
- The average iPhone user spends a ton of money on apps,... | Business Insider
- Here is eMarketer's deep dive into... | Business Insider
- We're learning more about the stunning DeMarcus Cousins trade,... | Business Insider
- The head of an investment bank explains how Trump, Brexit, and the rest... | Business Insider