NetFlix Continues to Dominate (NFLX)
NetFlix Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) shares are trading over $230 these days and most of us are waiting to buy on a dip. This year alone NetFlix shares are up 33% and make that 120% over the past 12 months.
Today we get word that NetFlix is now the biggest source of North American web traffic, accounting for 24.71% of aggregate traffic.
The company is now planning to take over Canada.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
If for some reason you need further convincing that Netflix is taking over our lives, you only need to look at Sandvine’s latest report which shows that the video streaming company is now the biggest source of North American web traffic, accounting for 24.71 percent of aggregate traffic.
Netflix also accounts for about a third (29.70 percent, up from 21 percent last fall) of all download traffic — not surprising, since high-definition streaming is a major bandwidth hog. Netflix ended up surpassing BitTorrent for both download (10.37 percent) and aggregate Internet traffic (17.23 percent).
The traffic numbers show us that Netflix is an even more dominant force on the web than some think, and it also shows us just how quickly new markets will jump on the Netflix bandwagon.
After launching in Canada last September, Netflix managed to snag over 800,000 registered users there by the end of March 2011. Sandvine points out that number accounts for around 10 percent of Canada’s broadband households, and that Netflix traffic now consumes 13.5 percent of downstream traffic during evening peak hours in Canada.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Forget Ferguson, 244 Teenagers Have Been Shot In Chicago Since Michael Brown Died | ZeroHedge
- This Indicator Suggests Gold’s Bear Market Has a lot Longer to Go – But Is It Right? | Financial Sense
- The Clear Definitive Sign That We Are In a Stock Market Bubble | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $COH | iBankCoin.com
- British and American Security Services Pass Around Our Nude Photos ... While Protecting Pedophiles | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- As the ‘Sanctions War’ Heats Up, Will Putin Play His Gold Card? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hollande Puts Delivery Of The Mistral Warship To Russia... | Business Insider
- How Women, Booze, And Money Made Spotify's CEO 'Completely... | Business Insider
- Afghanistan OKs Terrifying 'Night Raids... | Business Insider
- Iran nuclear deal deadline extended to July 1 | Business Insider
- Mining giant BHP outlines plans to cut costs | Business Insider
- Women not equal to men: Turkey's Erdogan | Business Insider
- The World Is Full Of Taxis — And They're All Different | Business Insider