NetFlix Continues to Dominate (NFLX)
NetFlix Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) shares are trading over $230 these days and most of us are waiting to buy on a dip. This year alone NetFlix shares are up 33% and make that 120% over the past 12 months.
Today we get word that NetFlix is now the biggest source of North American web traffic, accounting for 24.71% of aggregate traffic.
The company is now planning to take over Canada.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
If for some reason you need further convincing that Netflix is taking over our lives, you only need to look at Sandvine’s latest report which shows that the video streaming company is now the biggest source of North American web traffic, accounting for 24.71 percent of aggregate traffic.
Netflix also accounts for about a third (29.70 percent, up from 21 percent last fall) of all download traffic — not surprising, since high-definition streaming is a major bandwidth hog. Netflix ended up surpassing BitTorrent for both download (10.37 percent) and aggregate Internet traffic (17.23 percent).
The traffic numbers show us that Netflix is an even more dominant force on the web than some think, and it also shows us just how quickly new markets will jump on the Netflix bandwagon.
After launching in Canada last September, Netflix managed to snag over 800,000 registered users there by the end of March 2011. Sandvine points out that number accounts for around 10 percent of Canada’s broadband households, and that Netflix traffic now consumes 13.5 percent of downstream traffic during evening peak hours in Canada.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Handed Merkel $375 Billion Invoice For NATO Defenses During Recent Visit | ZeroHedge
- Warning: Three Major Bellwethers are on Red Alert | ZeroHedge
- Having Missed Friday's Move, Gartman Is Looking To "Reestablish Net Short Positions" | ZeroHedge
- The Difficulties in Making US Manufacturing Great Again | Financial Sense
- Is Twitter Now Censoring Drudge Report? | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 221: Tucker Max – The Top Five Things I Learned From Tucker Max | Altucher Confidential
- And Now Fake Consumer Confidence Too: Gallup Says Confidence In The Economy "Tumbled" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Senator from ground zero of the opioid crisis has no idea what he's talking about | Business Insider
- GM is jumping as it faces off with David Einhorn over... | Business Insider
- It looks like 'The Walking Dead' season 7 finale is setting up a big moment... | Business Insider
- HBO is reviving 'True Detective' for season 3 | Business Insider
- ISIS has left sinister threats for Iraqi forces as it... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- The 'Jon Stewart of Egypt' explains why satirizing... | Business Insider