McRib: Restructured Meat Technology
McDonalds Corp (MCD) just made our Fast Food Stocks for 2013 list. Now that the McRib is back for a limited time, its time to focus on the BBQ delicacy.
ABOUT THE MCRIB
Its made up of at least 70 ingredients. Including but not limited to such tasty bits as azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in the production of foamed plastics.
The McRib sandwich packs a 500 calories, 26 grams of fat, 44 grams of carbs, and 980 milligrams of sodium.
A professor from the University of Nebraska named Richard Mandigo developed the "restructured meat product" that the McRib is actually made of.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gary Dorsch: “Hundreds of Billions” in Defaults if Commodity Crash Continues | Financial Sense
- Financial Fridays: It’s Financial Suicide To Own A House | Altucher Confidential
- Fairy Tales & The Gun Control "Middle Ground" | ZeroHedge
- Rate-Hike Odds Tumble Post-Minutes; Stocks Soar | ZeroHedge
- Calm Before the Storm? | Financial Sense
- How Our Aversion To Change Leads Us Into Danger | ZeroHedge
- The Tragic Ending To Obama's Bay Of Pigs: CIA Hands Over Syria To Russia On A Silver Platter | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Prudhomme, Louisiana chef who popularized Cajun food, dies... | Business Insider
- Strong emotions as Obama visits grieving Oregon town | Business Insider
- 'Twilight' author says new book is 'not a real book... | Business Insider
- N. Korean capital set for military extravaganza | Business Insider
- $2M bail set for diplomat charged in UN bribery case | Business Insider
- Top producer Glencore slashes zinc output by a third | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek