4 Magic 8 Ball Stock Picks for 2013
We are now trading in 2013. Thanks to the uncertaintly of the U.S. Government we ask our collective reasoning device for help. Cue the Magic 8-Ball for help. With a few shakes we were able to determine it is right to buy shares of GameStop Corp (GME), NutriSystem Inc. (NTRI), Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG), and Financial Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLF).
SHORT SQUEEZE IS ON
If the markets except the 'Fiscal Cliff solution' it could be advantageous for heavily shorted popular stocks. That means GameStop (GME) with a 36% and NutriSystem with a 15% short interest respectively. Nutrisystem is a classic way to start the year with everyone rushing to use their products to lose weight. NutriSystem Inc 's (NTRI) is trading near the bottom of its 12 month range at $8.17 per share.
GameStop (GME) closed at $25.09 on Dec 31st. GME pays a 4% annual dividend yield despite its huge short interest. The long term outlook for video game sales remains to be seen if it can survive in the company's brick and mortar business model. However GameStop has been getting props for now selling mobile devices and tablets.
NutriSystem is planning to pay out a 8% annual divdend yield in 2013. The company needs to have impressive Q4 numbers to break out of its depressed stock price. NTRI appears to be a value play at this point, but can it convince Wall Street its worthy of a higher share price?
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) is a stock we've talked up enough on this website. It made the cut in Fast Food Stocks for 2013 and our premise remains unchanged. Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) is trading at $297.46 and is comfortably above its 12 month low.
GET LONG U.S. FINANCIALS
Rather than go with Bank of America (BAC) or Goldman Sachs (GS) buy them all with one shot using the Financial Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLF). The coming year could finally see the comeback of the best financial players. If housing continues to improve and the bad loans finally die out then lending will increase and boost everything. The XLF sports a 1.7% annual dividend yield and we love its top ten holdings (see below):
|1||Wells Fargo & Co||WFC||8.41%|
|2||JP Morgan Chase & Co||JPM||8.40%|
|4||BANK OF AMERICA CORP||BAC||6.29%|
|7||Goldman Sachs Group Inc||GS||2.83%|
|8||American Express Co||AXP||2.81%|
|9||American Intl Group Inc||AIG||2.62%|
|10||SIMON PROPERTY GROUP||SPG||2.46%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Credible Evidence" Shows Turkish Authorities Raped And Tortured Detainees Since 'Failed' Coup | ZeroHedge
- Caterpillar Retail Sales Decline For 43 Consecutive Months | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: Throw Out the Fundamentals—Negative Rates Could Push the Dow Up to 40,000 | Financial Sense
- "Hope" Fades As Consumer Confidence Ignores Stock Market Exuberance | ZeroHedge
- Michael Hudson Exposes 2016's Real 'Class War': Krugman's Neocon Neoliberalism Vs Trump's Righteous Populism | ZeroHedge
- Bernie Fans Claim Their Signs Are Being Seized At Convention | ZeroHedge
- Presenting "Putin's Useful Idiot": Anyone Who Disagrees With The Establishment | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9-year-old writes fan letter, ends up on book blurb... | Business Insider
- If you’re a total beginner to coding, this online course is the place to... | Business Insider
- The 25 healthiest cities in America | Business Insider
- DNC chair will no longer speak at her party's convention... | Business Insider
- Almost one million Americans put themselves in danger every year... | Business Insider
- EX-DEA AGENT: How I got Mexican drug cartels to trust me | Business Insider
- The DNC used incredibly weak passwords like 'obamain08' | Business Insider