New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Stanley Fischer Speaks - More Drivel From A Dangerous Academic Fool | ZeroHedge
- Is China Dumping US Treasuries? | Financial Sense
- China Dramatically Intervenes To Boost Stocks Despite Reports It Won't; US Futtures Slump On J-Hole | ZeroHedge
- The Rich Employee | Altucher Confidential
- The Oligarch Recovery: Low Income Americans Can't Afford To Live In Any Metro Area | ZeroHedge
- US Futures Tumble After Latest Abysmal Chinese Economic Data, Crude Surge Stalls | ZeroHedge
- Three US Citizens Sentenced For Conspiracy To Start A Revolution Using WMDs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The war room, the street: 2 responses to Baltimore violence... | Business Insider
- Miley's bare breast: it's not like Janet | Business Insider
- CNN just made a major change to its debate rules that will benefit one of the GOP... | Business Insider
- How a man who moved to Taiwan to pay off his student loans turned traveling the world into a... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Silencer used to kill Mexico photojournalist: lawyer | Business Insider
- China just made a desperate move to... | Business Insider