New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- French Socialist Primary Winner Proposes Tax On Robots, Universal Income, Right Of Foreigners To Vote | ZeroHedge
- Trader Warns "Trump's First Week Could Keep Markets Busy" - What To Watch | ZeroHedge
- As Dollar Slides, Equity Generalists "Are Increasingly Uncomfortable" With Reflation Trades | ZeroHedge
- Basic Incomes in Finland and Scotland Are Reaction to Trump's Politics | ZeroHedge
- Europe's "VIX" Spikes Most In 4 Months | ZeroHedge
- Where Are We Going, Where Have We Been? | Financial Sense
- US Banks: Higher Rates Vs. Weaker Loan Growth | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- BREMMER: This was the 'biggest single line' in Trump's inauguration... | Business Insider
- Failures in the fight against ISIS reveal some... | Business Insider
- Steve Kerr jabs Sean Spicer while making a joke about his NBA career | Business Insider
- Defense Secretary Mattis' first message to the troops tells you... | Business Insider
- An underdog has emerged as the winner of the first round of... | Business Insider
- Liam Neeson opens up about working with Martin Scorsese on 'Silence... | Business Insider
- The world's most expensive Big Mac is currently in Switzerland | Business Insider