New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "If Trump Loses, I'm Grabbing My Musket": Former Congressman Ready To Go Full Revolution | ZeroHedge
- While Presidential Election Takes Focus, US Economy Slips Further | Financial Sense
- What Are Some Ugly Truths? | Altucher Confidential
- Is the Fed Fix in for the election? | ZeroHedge
- "The Fed Failed..." And That Changes Everything | ZeroHedge
- Let Crude Crash: US Oil Producers Are Hedging At Levels Not Seen Since 2007 | ZeroHedge
- Slumping Used Car Prices Spell Disaster For Subprime Auto Securitizations | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's cord situation is completely out of control (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Apple just added a mini touch display on the keyboards of its new laptops — ... | Business Insider
- Judge approves historic $265 million settlement in... | Business Insider
- LivingSocial was once worth $6 billion — now its main competitor is buying it for a 'non... | Business Insider
- Messaging apps are now bigger than social networks (FB, AAPL) | Business Insider
- THE SMARTWATCH REPORT: Forecasts, adoption trends,... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek