New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Futures Spike After Banks Unveil Tens Of Billions In Buybacks | ZeroHedge
- Onward Toward Bullion Bank Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Global Stock Surge Continues As "Investors Look To Central Banks For Support" | ZeroHedge
- One American's True Story: "How I Went From Middle Class To Homeless" | ZeroHedge
- Kuroda Is Trapped As The BOJ Can't Ease Any Further: Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- This Will Push The Gold Market Over The Edge | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Portfolio Strategy Analysis & Why ETFs Suck (Video) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A self-made millionaire confesses the biggest financial... | Business Insider
- Time Inc. CEO: 'I hadn't even... | Business Insider
- A 'Game of Thrones' actor was just as excited as fans for... | Business Insider
- Expats are drying up the biggest economy in... | Business Insider
- BRANSON: Virgin has lost a third of its value after... | Business Insider
- Companies are cashing in on chat apps | Business Insider
- I run my own company – here are my favorite tools to... | Business Insider