New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Fast Food Workers Go On Strike In 100 Cities, Applebees Unveils The "Waiter Terminator" | ZeroHedge
- What Does It Take To Be Middle Class? | ZeroHedge
- JPM: "Smells A Little Like Tapering" | ZeroHedge
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Analysts Line Up to Declare “Decline & Fall” of Gold After 2.6% Tumble | Financial Sense
- Gold Gets Jobs Leak Early Again? | ZeroHedge
- Gold Edging Closer to Long-Term Bearish; Beware of Blind Spots! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The US Just Got An Insanely Difficult Draw For The 2014 World Cup | Business Insider
- The Best Tourist Attraction In Every State | Business Insider
- This 10-Step Guide To Surviving The Smog In China Is So Depressing | Business Insider
- Here Is The Fantastically Tiny Amount Of Money Artists Get When... | Business Insider
- A Woman In Washington Unknowingly Live-Tweeted Her... | Business Insider
- The Sad Story Behind Yahoo's Latest Startup Acquisition: Ptch | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com