New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators Show Possible Rollover | Financial Sense
- Jim Grant On Complexity: The Hidden Cost Of Central Bank Actions | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- The Dollar Decline Continues: China Starts Direct Convertibility With Asia's #1 Financial Hub | ZeroHedge
- Shadow Banking Assets Increase By $5 Trillion To Record $75 Trillion, 120% Of Global GDP | ZeroHedge
- Let me get this straight… | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- German Unemployment Takes An Unexpected Plunge | Business Insider
- Watch How These Cancer Patients Reacted To Their Hilariously Awful... | Business Insider
- Suddenly, Businesses In Europe Are Starting To Feel Better About Everything | Business Insider
- Jefferies Banker In The Middle Of A Very Messy Divorce Takes A Leave Of Absence | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- 5 Things You Need To Do If You're In Customer Service | Business Insider
- Modi Madness Catapults India Stocks To Record Highs | Business Insider