New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Great Graphic: China’s Holding of Treasuries | Financial Sense
- The 2015 Untrustworthies Report - Why Social Security Could Be Bankrupt In 12 Years | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Saves Capitalism! | ZeroHedge
- Why Do So Many Working Age Americans Choose Not To Enter The Workforce? | ZeroHedge
- Is the Tide Turning? | Financial Sense
- Weak 7 Year Auction Tails 0.8 bps After Foreign Central Bank Buyers Balk | ZeroHedge
- US Supreme Court To Decide What Constitutes Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- After... | StreetInsider.com
- Confirmed: GitHub lands $250 million in funding and is now worth $2 billion | Business Insider
- The CFO of FireEye, once a Wall Street darling, is leaving and the stock is tumbling (... | Business Insider
- Bill Gross prays the Fed will listen to Rick Santelli (JNS) | Business Insider
- OPEC chief says oil cartel 'not ready' to cut... | Business Insider
- Rolling Stone's managing editor is out | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider