New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is How Italy "Fixes" Its Unsustainable Debt Problem | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- Fed Expected to Clarify Course | Financial Sense
- 50 Years Of Washington’s Air Wars: Why They Always Fail | ZeroHedge
- The 4C’s That Never Happened - And Those That Did | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why China Russia & China Are Now "The Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- California Or Ethiopia? "Families Dream Every Night About Water" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Kelly Ripa And Mark Consuelos Finally Sold Their SoHo Penthouse For $20... | Business Insider
- Enrique hails 'unique' Messi, Neymar as Barca win... | Business Insider
- China jails Uighur scholar for life for 'separatism... | Business Insider
- What It's Like To Be A Teenage Girl At A Huge Convention Of YouTube Stars (GOOG... | Business Insider
- China's Scotch Indicator Is Signaling Disaster | Business Insider
- Tesco Rushes In New Finance Chief As Meltdown... | Business Insider
- Mexico's Drug Cartels Have An Ingeniously Simple Method Of Laundering... | Business Insider