New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Berserk Rampathon Algo Just Bought The S&P At 2,130 | ZeroHedge
- "Some North Korean Folks Are Hacking..." President Obama Explains "Costs" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The Burning Questions For 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in November | Financial Sense
- The Stock 'Market' Just Broke Another Intriguing Record | ZeroHedge
- Epic Bot Fraud: Up To 50% Of All Publisher Traffic Is From Fake Clicks; Billions In Ad Revenue At Risk | ZeroHedge
- RERAX, I AM A DOCTOR | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple suppliers accused of poor treatment of workers | Business Insider
- UN General Assembly wants to refer North Korea to ICC | Business Insider
- Obama warns N. Korea over Sony hack: 'We will respond... | Business Insider
- SONY: No VOD Distributor Will Release 'The Interview' | Business Insider
- Here's What To Say In Your LinkedIn 'Summary' Statement... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- 11 Tiny Design Features That Show Apple's... | Business Insider