New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rise in Housing Starts Disappoint, Permits Fall | Financial Sense
- A Precious Metals Bull Makes His Last Stand | iBankCoin.com
- Flood Of Students Demanding Loan Forgiveness Forces Administration Scramble | ZeroHedge
- Fighting the Good Fight at Last Stand Hill | iBankCoin.com
- Jim Rickards on the Death of Money, China, and Financial Warfare | Financial Sense
- David Stockman Blasts "America's Housing Fiasco Is On You, Alan Greenspan" | ZeroHedge
- In "Flash Boys," Michael Lewis Misses the Point -- Deliberately | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Here's A Video Of Obama Playing Soccer With A Humanoid Japanese... | Business Insider
- Fears Of China's Supposed 'Lehman Moment' Have Been Completely... | Business Insider
- The Most Important Cities In The World | Business Insider
- Bryan Cranston Explains Why We Love Watching Violent... | Business Insider
- I'm No Chef, But Here's How I Made The Perfect Steak At Home | Business Insider
- Here's The Only Way To Get Your Passport Renewed In 24 Hours | Business Insider