New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- It's Official: America Is Not The Greatest Country On Earth... It's 28th! | ZeroHedge
- Washington Mall Shooter Caught: Suspect Is 20 Year Old Turkish Immigrant | ZeroHedge
- Something Odd Emerges When Fact Checking The "Fact Checkers" | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Imports Record Amount Of Gold From Switzerland In July | ZeroHedge
- Most Dangerous Person On The Planet Today: Hillary Clinton | ZeroHedge
- US Government Embraces Self-Driving Vehicles: “Rise of New Technology Is Inevitable” | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet the new Wall Street trader | Business Insider
- A divorce attorney shares 4 things successfully married couples do | Business Insider
- US retailers should look to the UK in order to... | Business Insider
- These reenactment photos show how brutal the pivotal battle of the Korean War was | Business Insider
- LSU has reportedly fired Les Miles | Business Insider
- A 28-year-old raised $75 million for his new hedge fund... | Business Insider
- We're paying off $124,000 in student loans using this handy... | Business Insider