New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Supporters Rally In Downtown Atlanta With Semi-Automatic Weapons | ZeroHedge
- Bianco: Trump Will Bring More Inflation Than Real Growth | Financial Sense
- Kraft Heinz Withdraws $143 Billion Offer For Unilever, After Warren Buffett Got Cold Feet | ZeroHedge
- "Recessionary" Demand Forces New York Harbor To Divert Gasoline Shipments | ZeroHedge
- F-15s Cause Sonic Boom Over Palm Beach In Scramble To Intercept Unresponsive Aircraft | ZeroHedge
- Trump and the Fed | Financial Sense
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A high-profile hedge fund sent a letter explaining all the reasons it... | Business Insider
- How Wall Street psychologists and Tony Robbins inspired one... | Business Insider
- Google helped build an app that designs you a personalized dress based... | Business Insider
- Here are all the controversial things the Trump administration has done... | Business Insider
- Under Armour made some huge mistakes that are turning into a nightmare (UA) | Business Insider
- A top Wall Street bank is looking for the next generation of dealmakers | Business Insider
- How the ‘French Bill Gates’ Alexandre Mars... | Business Insider