New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Caught On A Hot Mic In 1992, Larry King Assures Bill Clinton: "Ted Turner Would Serve You" | ZeroHedge
- Pokemon Go Claims First Fatality; Incites Stampede; But DAU Drop Leaves Hope For Humanity | ZeroHedge
- The Broken Chessboard: Brzezinski Gives Up On Empire | ZeroHedge
- Why Is FaceBook Funding "Anti-Fed" Activists | ZeroHedge
- BleachBit Brags Of Wiping Hillary's Servers Clean With Claims It "Stifled FBI Investigation" | ZeroHedge
- Uber & Out? nuTonomy Launches First Driverless Taxi Service In Asia | ZeroHedge
- Why There's A Media Blackout On The Native American Oil Pipeline Blockade | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The embattled judge who sentenced Brock Turner to just 6... | Business Insider
- Wayfair launches virtual reality app (W) | Business Insider
- A 31-year-old who's been abroad for 5 years explains what everyone gets wrong about... | Business Insider
- An Ivy League professor explains chaos theory, the prisoner's dilemma,... | Business Insider
- The top 5 must-know retail trends in mobile and social... | Business Insider
- A legal drug that's 50 times stronger than heroin is behind an '... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton: 'A fringe element has effectively taken over the... | Business Insider