New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why This Friday's Payrolls Report Could See A Big Miss | ZeroHedge
- As Short Interest Soars To Record Highs, Chinese Stock Futures Flash-Crash 12.5% | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Bounce, Crude Crumble, & Dismal Data Slam Stocks, Bid Bonds & Bullion | ZeroHedge
- Beyond The Minsky Moment: China's Ponzi Schemes Are Now Investing In Other Ponzi Schemes | ZeroHedge
- Almost 100 Beheadings So Far In 2016 And Counting... And No, It's Not ISIS | ZeroHedge
- NATO Ally Erdogan Says "Contraception Is Treason, Women Not Equal To Men, Muslims Must Multiply Descendants" | ZeroHedge
- Electronic Voting Machines & Why Voters Should Be Suspicious Of Every Election | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A major drugmaker just launched an ad campaign that doesn’t name a... | Business Insider
- Yahoo could be a 'tell' for tech stocks | Business Insider
- The presidential election will cause a huge boom and bust for some American... | Business Insider
- NATE SILVER: Warriors have a 69% chance to win the NBA Finals | Business Insider
- Florida golfers were interrupted by an enormous alligator wandering onto the... | Business Insider
- Under Armour cut its guidance because Sports Authority is going out of business (UA) | Business Insider
- California governor says nominating Hillary Clinton is... | Business Insider