New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Imports Into China via Hong Kong Double | ZeroHedge
- Trader: Trump Tax Plan Likely To Send S&P To New Record Highs "No Matter What He Says" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Adminstration Begins Probe Into Aluminum Imports' "National Security Threat" | ZeroHedge
- Still Confused About Trump's 1-Page Tax Plan? Goldman Explains It All | ZeroHedge
- S&P 500; Dangerous place to run out of gas! | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Steel Crashes After Slashing Guidance By More Than 50% | ZeroHedge
- Coulter Drops Out of Berkeley Speech, Citing Cowardice Amongst Conservative Groups | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Here's how the price of everyday items... | Business Insider
- 7 things that should be free but aren't | Business Insider
- The Acura NSX supercar has some innovative cupholders | Business Insider
- AT&T launches '5G Evolution' (T) | Business Insider
- Boeing beats on earnings, misses on revenue (BA) | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider