New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- AIIB, SDRs, and the Yuan – Latest Developments | Financial Sense
- Building Explodes, Collapses In Manhattan, Multiple Injuries Reported - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Central Banks Are Paralyzed At The Zero Bound | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia and Iran Compete in Yemen | Financial Sense
- Our Top 10 Must-Listen Broadcasts for 2015 | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap Mar 26, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- China's Stock Bubble Leaves BNP Speechless: "What Happens Next Is An Unknown-Unknown" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Doing this one thing every morning is changing my life | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Mark Cuban highlights 11 ways to know you're meant to be an... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, CVX,... | Business Insider
- Apple could stop the new Facebook Messenger before it's even... | Business Insider
- Selfies are evolving beyond the selfie stick | Business Insider
- Nobel's will goes on display for first time | Business Insider