New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Baby Boomers Are Drowning In Loans: Debt Of Average 67-Year-Old Soared 169% In Past 12 Years | ZeroHedge
- Clueless Fed?! | Financial Sense
- The 8 Principles Of The Newer Normal | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: 800 Angry Farmers Storm Greek Ministry, Beat Cops With Shepherd's Sticks | ZeroHedge
- Here's What Julian Assange Thinks About Voting For Hillary Clinton | ZeroHedge
- 10,000 Greek Farmers Stage Massive Revolt In Athens, Destroy Police Cars | ZeroHedge
- Can Big Oil Continue to Pay Dividends? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's reportedly doing an... | Business Insider
- It keeps getting harder to argue the US economy is entering recession (SPY, SPX, QQQ, USD, DXY) | Business Insider
- KYLE BASS: There's a 'ticking time bomb' in China... | Business Insider
- An inside look at Marine One — Obama’s favorite presidential perk | Business Insider
- New research points to the unexpected and dangerous... | Business Insider
- After the VW scandal, Germany wants to introduce random... | Business Insider
- An easy way to tell if you’re getting enough sleep | Business Insider