New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Globalists Gas Game Theory | ZeroHedge
- Ukrainian Stereotyping Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- Ukrainian Drone Captures Video Of Russian Troops Fortifying In The Crimea | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Video Analysis 03/08/14 | iBankCoin.com
- Former US Defense Secretary Gates Admits "Crimea Will Not Slip Out Of Russia's Hands" | ZeroHedge
- The Fallacy Of Forward Guidance In 4 Charts | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Dealing With Haters | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Shutterstock Shares Up as Getty Images Focuses on Digital | TheStreet.com
- Liam Neeson And Obama Send A Message To Putin In 'SNL' Cold... | Business Insider
- Get Excited For The Cosmos Premier With These Incredible Images Of The Universe | Business Insider
- Lena Dunham Spoofs 'Scandal' On 'SNL' | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- GROVER NORQUIST: Here Are The Only 6 Republicans Who Can Win In 2016 | Business Insider
- First Comparison: BMW i3 vs. Chevrolet Volt | TheStreet.com