Japanese ETFs for 2013 for Big ROI
If you are looking to invest in Japanese ETFs then you should be playing the iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (EWJ), Precidian MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY), SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan ETF (JPP), and the winner thus far in 2013 the WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ).
These Japanese fueled long ETFs are not all created equal. Take a look at the performance since October between these 4 ETFs, the clear winner is WisdomTree's Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ). The DXJ blows away the other three, it's increased 23%. The DXJ is up double from the others when looking back since Oct. and it closed at a new 12 month high Friday (Jan 11th).
Should you select the DXJ you won't be the only trader. Via IndexUniverse.com, the DXJ is very popular with investors:
Since Nov. 30, the fund (DXJ) has attracted net inflows of more than $673.5 million in new investor dollars—which includes $236.7 million so far in 2013. The yen has weakened by about 12 percent in the past three months.
How much do these ETFs cost per share?
- iShares MSCI Japan Index (EWJ) is trading at $9.88 and its shares are now -3.34% below its 52-week high.
- MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY) is trading at $14.60 and its shares are now -1.71% below its 52-week high.
- SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan (JPP) is trading at $38.16 and its shares are now -3.51% below its 52-week high.
- WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity (DXJ) is trading at $38.53 and its shares are less than 1% from its 52-week high.
The DXJ consists of the following top holdings as of 01/11/2013
|1. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group||5.50%|
|2. Canon Inc||4.92%|
|3. Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd||4.83%|
|4. Honda Motor Co Ltd||4.17%|
|5. Mitsui & Co Ltd||3.55%|
|6. Japan Tobacco Inc||3.11%|
|7. Nissan Motor Co Ltd||2.99%|
|8. Toyota Motor Corp||2.78%|
|9. Astellas Pharma Inc||2.33%|
|10. Itochu Corp||2.20%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- From Hope To Nope - Consumer Confidence Crashes To 14-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- WTI Holds Losses After DOE Confirms Large Cushing Inventory Build Despite Crude Production Cut | ZeroHedge
- NATO Is Harboring ISIS, And Here's The Evidence | ZeroHedge
- Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks on Syrian Refugees | Financial Sense
- 9 Regional Feds Pushed For Discount Rate Hike In October | ZeroHedge
- Presenting SocGen's 5 Black Swans For 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Who Said It? "A Short-Term Border Violation Can Never Be A Pretext For An Attack" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Russian military jet has been shot down by Turkey on the... | Business Insider
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57 | Business Insider
- The 'Arrow' and 'Flash' spinoff 'Legends of Tomorrow' looks... | Business Insider
- Strong dollar pressures Tiffany in 3rd quarter | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Explosion hits bus carrying presidential guards in Tunis | Business Insider
- UK mobile carrier O2 is in the 'well advanced' stages of looking... | Business Insider