Japanese ETFs for 2013 for Big ROI
If you are looking to invest in Japanese ETFs then you should be playing the iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (EWJ), Precidian MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY), SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan ETF (JPP), and the winner thus far in 2013 the WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ).
These Japanese fueled long ETFs are not all created equal. Take a look at the performance since October between these 4 ETFs, the clear winner is WisdomTree's Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ). The DXJ blows away the other three, it's increased 23%. The DXJ is up double from the others when looking back since Oct. and it closed at a new 12 month high Friday (Jan 11th).
Should you select the DXJ you won't be the only trader. Via IndexUniverse.com, the DXJ is very popular with investors:
Since Nov. 30, the fund (DXJ) has attracted net inflows of more than $673.5 million in new investor dollars—which includes $236.7 million so far in 2013. The yen has weakened by about 12 percent in the past three months.
How much do these ETFs cost per share?
- iShares MSCI Japan Index (EWJ) is trading at $9.88 and its shares are now -3.34% below its 52-week high.
- MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY) is trading at $14.60 and its shares are now -1.71% below its 52-week high.
- SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan (JPP) is trading at $38.16 and its shares are now -3.51% below its 52-week high.
- WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity (DXJ) is trading at $38.53 and its shares are less than 1% from its 52-week high.
The DXJ consists of the following top holdings as of 01/11/2013
|1. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group||5.50%|
|2. Canon Inc||4.92%|
|3. Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd||4.83%|
|4. Honda Motor Co Ltd||4.17%|
|5. Mitsui & Co Ltd||3.55%|
|6. Japan Tobacco Inc||3.11%|
|7. Nissan Motor Co Ltd||2.99%|
|8. Toyota Motor Corp||2.78%|
|9. Astellas Pharma Inc||2.33%|
|10. Itochu Corp||2.20%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Better Days Ahead | Financial Sense
- Record Beheadings And The Mass Arrest Of Christians – ISIS? Or Saudi Arabia! | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: September 16 | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap September 16, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Babson's Warning | ZeroHedge
- The Consequences Of Fracking: Two Clashing Views | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New York Congressman Says ISIS Won't 'Be Afraid To Put A... | Business Insider
- The Part Of Syria Directly Controlled By The UN Is Now Too Dangerous For... | Business Insider
- A British Designer Very Publicly Backed Scotland In Her London Fashion Week Runway Show... | Business Insider
- It Sounds Like Battery Life Might Still Be An Issue With The iPhone 6 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here's How ISIS Is Wrecking Iraq's Oil Industry | Business Insider
- New York's Pension System Has $5.6B In Hedge Funds — And It... | Business Insider
- This $6 Million Brooklyn Apartment Comes With Parking Spot — And A Tesla | Business Insider