Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Multi-Pronged Mortgage Debacle Next Year (So Long, “Housing Recovery”) | ZeroHedge
- TAPERMANIA | iBankCoin.com
- S&P Drops & VIX Pops As 4th Hindenburg Omen Spotted | ZeroHedge
- Exaggerating the Rise of the Yuan | Financial Sense
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: Collapse Is In The Eye Of The Bagholder | ZeroHedge
- Bow Tie Action Strutting its Stuff | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dean Of California Law School That's Being Trashed In The Press Admits To... | Business Insider
- Markets Are Higher Everywhere On Huge Day For The Fed | Business Insider
- 14-Year-Old Who Had 'Fascination' With... | Business Insider
- UN: 400-500 Reported Dead In South Sudan Clashes | Business Insider
- The Simple Reason Why Max Baucus' Proposed Move To China Is A Boon For... | Business Insider
- Texting App WhatsApp Now Has 400 Million People Using It Every Month, Making It Bigger Than... | Business Insider
- Nintendo Executive Says Super Mario Won't Be Coming To Your iPhone | Business Insider