Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nikkei Futures Halted Limit Up (+1100) As USDJPY Tops 112 | ZeroHedge
- New American Dream: Rented Housing and Public Transit | Financial Sense
- Bank of Japan Reaction Context: Nikkei 225 Is Up 1000 Points In 7 Hours | ZeroHedge
- Second Spaceship Crash In One Week: Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo Suffers "In-Flight Anomaly" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Kill The Shorts | iBankCoin.com
- The Wrath of Draghi: First German Bank Hits Savers with Negative Interest Rate | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japan Just Boosted QE And The Nikkei Exploded To A 7... | Business Insider
- Israel police kill Palestinian after attack on hardliner... | Business Insider
- Terrible Things Happen All Of The Time And The Stock Market Keeps Going Up | Business Insider
- Ex-Apple Supplier Says A Soured Deal With Apple Forced It Into Bankruptcy (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Miami Heat Rookie James Ennis' Dunk Is Already A Candidate For NBA... | Business Insider
- Here's What Richard Branson Told Us About Virgin Galactic Just Last Month | Business Insider
- Everything You Need To Know About Beacons, The Tech Big Retail Is Counting On... | Business Insider