Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is This Debt's Last Rattle? | ZeroHedge
- Trump Was Right: Immigration Declines Sharply Since Start Of Deportation Raids | ZeroHedge
- JPM: "Things Have Gotten Out Of Control: People Have More Confidence In Gold Than In Paper Money" | ZeroHedge
- Little Flesh Wound for Oil Shorts, Feb. 12, 2016 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Amid Low Oil Prices, OPEC's Divisions Deepen | Financial Sense
- Bert Dohmen Is Uber-Bearish and Here's Why | Financial Sense
- JPM's Kolanovic Warns Upcoming Recession Could Be Comparable To 2008 Crisis; Says "Buy Gold, Cash And VIX" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Low oil prices are causing some ISIS fighters to take a pay cut | Business Insider
- Breathtaking images of F-22 Raptors refueling over Nevada | Business Insider
- A forensic team just raised troubling questions about one of Mexico... | Business Insider
- A prominent Russian opposition figure is suing Vladimir... | Business Insider
- What it was like to watch the debut of Kanye West's strange, soulful new album... | Business Insider
- 5 myths about your 401(k) that could throw your savings... | Business Insider
- Wisconsin player takes a shot at the NCAA while... | Business Insider