Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Wikileaks Releases Part 16 Of The Podesta Files: Total Is Now 26,803 Emails | ZeroHedge
- The Standard Of Living Of The Irredeemables Continues To Plunge As 'Not So Hidden' Inflation Soars | ZeroHedge
- GOP Sues Pennsylvania Over "Poll Watcher" Restrictions | ZeroHedge
- Yuan Downside Breakout Is On And What It Means (Spoiler Alert: Nothing Good) | ZeroHedge
- A Nation Of Immigrants? | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Are Not Long Term Investment Vehicles (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Renzi's Gamble Is Even Bigger Than Most Think | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An apology to Medarex CEO Howard Pien, 7 years in the... | Business Insider
- 15 high-paying jobs to avoid if you're a selfish person | Business Insider
- Warby Parker's CEO explains the revelation that led him to leave finance and consulting | Business Insider
- ASK A FINANCIAL PLANNER: Is it worth taking a salary cut to get stock options... | Business Insider
- Anthony Bourdain: 'I work really hard to not ever think about my place in the world... | Business Insider
- 9 small things you do that people use to judge your personality | Business Insider
- The one shoe every guy needs to add to his closet this fall | Business Insider