Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As the ‘Sanctions War’ Heats Up, Will Putin Play His Gold Card? | Financial Sense
- Japanese Trade Deficit Streak Hits Record 44 Months, Yen & Stocks Decoupling | ZeroHedge
- Neo-Feudalism Has Officially Arrived – Congressman Suggests Building A Moat Around White House | ZeroHedge
- November Macro Update: Growth Is Still Missing | Financial Sense
- Initial Jobless Claims Hit 2-Month Highs, Continuing Claims Tumble To 14-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Kissinger Warns of “Fatal Mistakes” on Sanctions, Russia, Cold War | Financial Sense
- Ukraine Admits Its Gold Is Gone: "There Is Almost No Gold Left In The Central Bank Vault" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mohamed El-Erian Sees Disruption Threat, Shrinkage for Big Banks | TheStreet.com
- Homebuilding Is Picking Up Again, but It's All About Rentals | TheStreet.com
- Yet Another Of Google's Space Balloons Has Fallen Out Of The Sky... | Business Insider
- Format Your Data In Seconds With These Excel Shortcuts | Business Insider
- Doubts linger over Clarke's Test fitness | Business Insider
- The 'Internet of Things' Will Be The World's Most Massive... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek