Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman: "The Boost From Lower Taxes Will Now Be Smaller, Occur Later Than Expected" | ZeroHedge
- Should We Pay Off $20 Trillion in National Debt by Selling Federal Assets? | Financial Sense
- The Difficulties in Making US Manufacturing Great Again | Financial Sense
- Is This The Top? Champagne Shipments To US Reach 2007 Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Is Bank Lending a Concern? | Financial Sense
- "If They Want To Blow It Up, They Can" - How Republicans Can Hobble Healthcare Without Repeal | ZeroHedge
- Mnuchin "Not Worried" About Robotization Of America's Workforce Despite Shocking New Report | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A 300-year-old British bank is muscling in on Wall Street | Business Insider
- Syria threatens Scud missile strikes if Israeli airstrikes... | Business Insider
- 7 things no man should wear in the spring — and what you should wear instead | Business Insider
- These 13 online classes will help you jump-start your career this year — and they’re... | Business Insider
- 'We are in a geopolitical environment that is extremely dangerous... | Business Insider
- 'Beauty and the Beast' nabs top box-office spot... | Business Insider
- I tried Stitch Fix, the subscription box that actually gets me because... | Business Insider