Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ukrainian Stereotyping Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- Prem Watsa's 9 Observations Why There Is A "Monstrous Real Estate Bubble In China Which Could Burst Anytime" | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Bears Tread Carefully, Better Tone Coming | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Is US Losing The New Cold War? | ZeroHedge
- Seth Klarman On "Born Bulls", Bitcoin, & "The Truman Show" Market | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap March 7, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Meet The Mysterious Firm That Is About To Leave Blythe Masters Without A Job | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Lego Become The World's Hottest Toy Company | Business Insider
- Flight Technology Now Draws Inspiration From Jellyfish | Business Insider
- Meet The Stars Of Vine: These Kids Have Millions Of Followers And Make Eye-Popping Amounts Of Money | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 'SNL' Parodies Matthew McConaughey And '... | Business Insider
- Armed Men In Crimea Confiscate Journalists' Equipment, Accuse Them Of Being '... | Business Insider
- This Is Why It Feels Like Apple Stopped Innovating... | Business Insider