Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta; Until You Get Sentenced To 21 Months In Federal Prison | ZeroHedge
- The Cyberwars Begin: NSA Hackers Target Russian Cyber Spies As Kremlin Says It Is Being Attacked | ZeroHedge
- Oil Extends Losses as EIA Reports Filling Inventories | Financial Sense
- Can Hillary Be Trusted? Campaign Says We'll Just Have To Elect Her To Find Out | ZeroHedge
- It's All Generally Relative | Financial Sense
- Big Miss on US GDP; What to Watch If Things Are Heading South | Financial Sense
- Blood Continues To Flow In The U.S. Oil Industry As Precious Metals Rally | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 signs you're rich, even if it doesn't feel like it | Business Insider
- This futuristic NASA ship could reach the edge of the solar system | Business Insider
- Labor costs rise as expected in Q2 | Business Insider
- Franz Kafka made a stunning observation on work-life balance while dying from... | Business Insider
- Trump had words for nearly every... | Business Insider
- 14 of the world's most incredible concert venues | Business Insider
- This is what happens when you compare business school students' debt... | Business Insider