Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank of Japan: The Limits Of Monetary Tinkering | ZeroHedge
- Lessons from Japan: Decades of Decay, Endless Monetary Expansion | Financial Sense
- Trump Leads Clinton In Latest Poll As Cruz Suffers 'Death Cross' | ZeroHedge
- "If..." | ZeroHedge
- Ten Things I Learned From Tony Hawk | Altucher Confidential
- "Only The Dumb Save" - ECB Pens Incoherent Response To Germany's Criticisms | ZeroHedge
- Banks Tighten As Economic Uncertainties Increase | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lord Bilimoria took us through the backrooms of the Palace of Westminster and explained why has... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- RANKED: The 10 best fast-food chains on Instagram | Business Insider
- A Wall Street bank questioned the dominance of Bloomberg, and the response shows... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- 10 books that will change the way you think about the future | Business Insider
- We tested out the app that allows you to make free international calls without an... | Business Insider