Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Might Be Forced to Cut Oil Production | Financial Sense
- U.S. Sees Record Foreign Inflows As Economic Indicators Reach Decade Highs | Financial Sense
- He BLew THeM ALRiGHT... | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- Global Economies Will Dictate Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
- Happy Thanksgiving! | FundMyMutualFund
- Chicago PMI Suffers 4th Biggest Drop Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Why We Celebrate Thanksgiving When We Do | Business Insider
- South Korea current account surplus expands in October | Business Insider
- Russia's Most Powerful Oil Official Says Oil Could... | Business Insider
- Here's Where You'll Find America's Wild Turkeys | Business Insider
- Amazing Unseen Images From The 14 Of The World's Best Photographers | Business Insider
- France's Stock Market Just Broke For Three And A Half... | Business Insider
- Australian team grieves with India Test on ice | Business Insider