Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart Of The Day: Who Is Buying? | ZeroHedge
- Baltimore 'Freddie Gray' Demonstrations Turn Violent: Police Cars Smashed, Stores Looted, Multiple Arrests - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Volatility Is The Square Root Of Time & Fat Tails | ZeroHedge
- How The Fed Creates Zombies In One Simple Flow Chart | ZeroHedge
- Europe Has Completely Lost It | ZeroHedge
- The View at 30,000 Feet | Financial Sense
- New Highs To Nowhere On Nothing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a funny reason people didn't understand how to use... | Business Insider
- Scientists are skeptical about the secret blood test that has made Elizabeth Holmes... | Business Insider
- England cruise to nine-wicket triumph | Business Insider
- Robbery saved 9 Greek climbers from Nepal quake | Business Insider
- Russian hackers read Obama emails: report | Business Insider
- Clashes rage in Yemen as calls for peace talks grow | Business Insider
- The market is getting nervous about something experts are struggling to define | Business Insider