Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- More Oil Production and Weakening Gasoline Demand - Oil Market Still in Denial | ZeroHedge
- NY Times: "Every Time Trump Tweets It Drives Our Subscriptions Wildly" | ZeroHedge
- China Moves to Put North Korea in Its Place | Financial Sense
- Gold Price 'Struggling' as Trump 'Set to Sway' Fed Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- Kansas City Fed Survey: February Activity Highest Since 2011 | Financial Sense
- Stockman: "After March 15 Everything Will Grind To A Halt" | ZeroHedge
- Truth... Hurts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Thousands march... | Business Insider
- South Korea names North Korean officials... | Business Insider
- Here's why everyone is talking about Meryl Streep's Oscar dress | Business Insider
- The real reason why everyone thinks millennials are the worst... | Business Insider
- This Oscar-nominated director's dress made a huge statement against Trump's... | Business Insider
- This is how impeachment works — and what a president would... | Business Insider
- Investing in the age of Trump | Business Insider