Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Risks Are Very High" Swiss Billionaire Warns "Global Financial Markets Have Never Been This Distorted Before" | ZeroHedge
- They Are "Undermining People's Trust In Their Money" | ZeroHedge
- The Death of Hope and Belief | ZeroHedge
- LiBeRTY HaNDS UP... | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Startling Student Debt Numbers That Every Young Person Should See | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- BALLS | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'The Walking Dead' spinoff may finally tell us how the zombie apocalypse... | Business Insider
- This workbook is what allegedly passes for... | Business Insider
- The odds are in Jeb Bush's and Hillary Clinton's favor | Business Insider
- Japan industrial production falls 3.4% on-month in... | Business Insider
- A 4-year-old girl boarded a public bus... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek