Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GM Announces Another 718K Recalls, Bringing 2014 Total To Nearly 30 Million | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Exports Tumble For 2nd Month In A Row, Worst Since Abenomics Began | ZeroHedge
- DOE, Intel Work to Keep ‘Moore’s Law’ From Expiring | Financial Sense
- The Autobiography of Kissing | Altucher Confidential
- Biotech Investors "Fight The Fed" | ZeroHedge
- MoDeRNiZeD STaTe DePaRTMeNT SeaL... | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- IGGY AZALEA: Meet The 24-Year-Old Aussie Rapper Who Is Taking Over The Summer | Business Insider
- THE SNAPCHAT REPORT: The User Numbers, Demographics, And Early Marketing... | Business Insider
- It's Unfortunate That GM Has To Include A Slide Titled 'Second Quarter 2014 Vehicle Recall... | Business Insider
- Dick's Sporting Goods Cuts 400 Jobs Since Americans Are Less... | Business Insider
- These Are The Simple Fixes That Could Help Online Retailers... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Mobile... | StreetInsider.com
- Real Madrid Buys World Cup Star James Rodríguez, Has Now Spent $398 Million On Attacking... | Business Insider