Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sweet Sixteen | iBankCoin.com
- 10 Warnings Signs Of Stock Market Exuberance | ZeroHedge
- Stocks For Your “Buy the Dip Grab Bag” | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- The Iranian "Stolen Passport" Passenger Plot Thickens | ZeroHedge
- US Foreign Policy (In One Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- An End To Austerity? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Charts Like This Bring Back Bad Memories For Me | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- The Fuel Cell Stocks Are Being Ridiculous Again Today (FCEL, BLDP, PLUG) | Business Insider
- Target Disastrously Photoshops Teen Swimsuit Model | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (SPX, SPY, DIA, DJI, QQQ, TLT, GLD, FCEL) | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com