Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Mixed Warning Signals, Grid Defection, and the Repricing of US Debt | Financial Sense
- Implications of the Secular Stagnation Debate | Financial Sense
- Despite US Services PMI Miss, Markit Says "FOMC Should Normalize Policy Sooner" | ZeroHedge
- Apologies To A Grandson: "It's Not The Country I Imagined For You" | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP 'Excuse' Emerges: Up To 16,000 West Coast Port Truckers Go On Strike | ZeroHedge
- Gentlemen Don’t Wear iWatches | iBankCoin.com
- 2010 Flash Crash Arrest Motivated By Greed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Greece's finance minister channels FDR: 'I... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Android is finally beating Apple in this one key metric (... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek