Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Paul Craig Roberts: "In America Today, Facts Cannot Compete With Lies" | ZeroHedge
- Russia Readies Back-Up System For Potential "Split With International Banking System" | ZeroHedge
- NSA To Provide "Smoking Gun" Proof Obama Spied On Trump | ZeroHedge
- Watch These Geopolitical Flashpoints Carefully | ZeroHedge
- America's #1 Again (In Healthcare Costs Around The World) | ZeroHedge
- All Eyes On Washington: US Futures Rise On Hope Healthcare Vote Will Pass | ZeroHedge
- Trader Warns: Forget The Healthcare Bill, "The Psychological Damage Has Been Done" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet the puppies that are trained by the military to... | Business Insider
- How 'Trumpcare' went up in flames — and why it should worry the GOP about... | Business Insider
- Snapchat is more like Twitter than Facebook in one important area (SNAP, TWTR, FB) | Business Insider
- Juncker: Another 'Brexit' could spell... | Business Insider
- 5 great wallets for people who travel a lot | Business Insider
- A federal judge in Virginia ruled for Trump... | Business Insider
- Trump met with truckers to push 'Trumpcare' — and Twitter is going crazy over... | Business Insider