Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- UN Agrees To Stop Reporting Iraqi Casualties After Military Complains | ZeroHedge
- Power To The People: John Lennon's Legacy Lives On | ZeroHedge
- Virginia Schools Ban 'To Kill A Mockingbird,' 'Huck Finn' Over Racial Slurs | ZeroHedge
- German Companies Pull Ads From Breitbart | ZeroHedge
- What Comes After the Trump Rally? | Financial Sense
- US Service Sector Rebounds in November; Majority of Businesses Positive on Direction of Economy | Financial Sense
- If Trump's Really A Populist, He'll Fight Against The Destructive AT&T-Time Warner Merger | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Facebook executive says fasting for 15 hours a day changed his life — here's... | Business Insider
- The architect behind the CIA’s torture program... | Business Insider
- There are 5 types of IUDs — here's how to choose the best one for your body | Business Insider
- The Baltimore Orioles reportedly told Jose Bautista that... | Business Insider
- The Trump administration's national security adviser... | Business Insider
- Watch Jimmy Fallon play the new 'Super Mario' game for iPhone before... | Business Insider
- $1.9 trillion dollars of economic value could be created by the use of... | Business Insider