Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is China’s Economy Too Big to Transform? | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul: "Americans Must Choose Non-Interventionist Free Markets For Peace & Prosperity" | ZeroHedge
- Novel Fuel Resources, the Force of Economics and the Renewed East–West Power Struggle | Financial Sense
- Forget Geopolitical De-Escalation - Here's The Real Reason Why Oil Is Tumbling | ZeroHedge
- Monday Night Charts | iBankCoin.com
- Inside the Market’s Mind: Debt, Growth and Politics | Financial Sense
- Gold Is the Money of Kings, Debt the Money of Slaves | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- With Twitch, Amazon Poses Big Threat to Broadcasters, Google | TheStreet.com
- Australia's Ex-Foreign Minister: 'Swivel-Eyed Neo-Cons' Bankrupted... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Jimmy Fallon Steals Stephen Colbert... | Business Insider
- Zara Triggers Outrage Over Shirt That Resembles A Nazi Camp Uniform | Business Insider
- 10 Incredible 'Super Mario Bros.' Cheats You’ve Been Missing Out On For... | Business Insider
- US journalist returns home after Syria kidnapping | Business Insider