Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Decouple From “Risk-On” Indicators | Financial Sense
- This Might Be Why There’s a Student Debt Bubble | iBankCoin.com
- The World’s Gone Loopy | iBankCoin.com
- Fly Buy: $MT | iBankCoin.com
- Checking Out These Energy Trading Setups | iBankCoin.com
- This Market Won’t Top Out Until… | iBankCoin.com
- "Boldly They Rode And Well", Or Why Japan Is Not America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Two Metro-North Trains Crash, Injuring 60 People | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Apple Yanks Bang With Friends From App Store | Business Insider
- The King Of Spain Is Giving Up His Yacht As The Recession Continues | Business Insider
- JIM O'NEILL: I've Found Myself Asking 2 Questions About The Economy I Didn't... | Business Insider
- Google's Plan To Take Over The World (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Parents Hated That Disney Made A Sexy Redesign For... | Business Insider