Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Scotland Says "No" - Pound Remains Vulnerable To Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Louis-Vincent Gave: Asia Best Looking Market Right Now | Financial Sense
- LiBeRTY BeNT OUT oF SHaPe... | ZeroHedge
- Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways | ZeroHedge
- First CalPERS, Now Texas Teachers Cut Hedge Fund Exposure | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Video Analysis 09/20/14 | iBankCoin.com
- HoNK To THe CHieF... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SAP's Bid for Concur Is Better Than What CEO McDermott Said It Is | TheStreet.com
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- This GIF Shows How Unemployment Swept Across America After The... | Business Insider
- Sovereign Scotland Would Hurt Its Economy, but England Shouldn't Care | TheStreet.com
- MUNSTER: iPhone 6 Plus... | Business Insider
- Pope in Albania to promote inter-religious harmony | Business Insider
- Somehow, The Jameis Winston Suspension Just Got Stranger | Business Insider