Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Looking at the Four "Bull Market Checks": Trend, Momentum, Breadth, and Sentiment | Financial Sense
- Theresa May To Call For "Clean And Hard Brexit" As UK Warns Of "Market Correction" | ZeroHedge
- Beware of the Self Help Guru or Real Estate Seminar Business (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Why Everyone Is Complacent: "2016 Saw The Fewest S&P 500 Drawdowns Ever" | ZeroHedge
- New Video Exposes Anti-Trump Groups Plotting Criminal Acts To Disrupt Inauguration | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Specs Are So Short, It Is Now A 4 Sigma Event | ZeroHedge
- The (Highly Speculative) Path to $10,000 Bitcoin | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The company that made Prince George's dressing gown has raised £5 million | Business Insider
- How a self-made billionaire is trying to access $16 quadrillion worth... | Business Insider
- Arguing about whether the F-35 can dogfight misses a really big point | Business Insider
- In-N-Out's reclusive 34-year-old heiress reveals... | Business Insider
- I tried the sushi burrito, the 'mutant food' San Franciscans are... | Business Insider
- Asia finds itself at a 'negative intersection' in an... | Business Insider
- Wall Street's smart money... | Business Insider