Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Oil About to Rollover? | Financial Sense
- Meet The Man Who Can Expose "The Real Hillary Clinton Scandal" | ZeroHedge
- Moody’s: The M&A Market Is Flashing a Red Warning Sign | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased in September | Financial Sense
- The Public Pension Time Bomb Is Starting to Explode | Financial Sense
- Fear Won’t Drive the Failure of Globalism, But Blinding Contempt Will | ZeroHedge
- Too Many Tired Bulls | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The philosophy... | Business Insider
- Watch a US-led coalition airstrike obliterate a factory producing ISIS' most dangerous weapon | Business Insider
- Go inside the swanky New York loft where Bustle's CEO and founder makes his home... | Business Insider
- A massive cyberattack caused major websites to go... | Business Insider
- The one shoe every guy needs to add to his closet this fall | Business Insider
- This couple retired at 43 to travel Europe full time on $18,... | Business Insider
- Russia has muscled the US out of Syria | Business Insider