Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- One Man (Who Is Not A Fan Of Trump) Explains Why Trump Winning Is Good For Democracy | ZeroHedge
- Freedom Isn't Free: It Costs Taxpayers $700 Billion Per Year | ZeroHedge
- Futures Rebound As Crude Regains $45 On Canada Fears; Turkey Hammered | ZeroHedge
- Jim Grant Asks When The World Will Realize "That Central Bankers Have Lost Their Marbles" | ZeroHedge
- Warning: Hawkishness Ahead | Financial Sense
- Large Truck Orders Continue To Plunge, Down 39% In April | ZeroHedge
- Establishment Republicans plan to solve wage stagnation and entitlements … on your back | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This critical group is taking VR very seriously | Business Insider
- 5 traditions you should know before going to the Kentucky Derby | Business Insider
- This is the one stat that has every Wall Street banker depressed... | Business Insider
- I tried using IBM's bot to buy Mother's Day flowers and it was a struggle | Business Insider
- Michael Moore has harsh words for the company that released his latest... | Business Insider
- The 8 worst guns ever made | Business Insider
- The woman behind GMO technology on feeding the world and... | Business Insider