Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- He Lived Through Hyperinflation, Devaluation And Confiscation: This Is His Advice | ZeroHedge
- OFFICIAL RELEASE: World Silver Deficits –12 Years Running | ZeroHedge
- A Heatmap Of Global CapEx 'Shrinkage' | ZeroHedge
- Oklahoma Leads The World In Seismic Activity As 2015 Quake Count Tops 5,000 | ZeroHedge
- KaleBios 'Black Friday' Begins As Shrekli Forces 65% Short-Squeeze Surge In Pre-Market | ZeroHedge
- Why China Hit The Panic Button On Metals Traders (In 1 Simple Copper Chart) | ZeroHedge
- "Mysterious" Fire Hits Argentine Ministry Of Finance, Destroys Years Of Prior Regime's Files | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- FANTASY PLAYS: It's time to trust the replacement... | Business Insider
- SALLIE KRAWCHECK: My advice for women wanting to break into Wall Street or Silicon... | Business Insider
- Pregnant women are dancing on Instagram and we've never seen anything like it... | Business Insider
- Calm at Minneapolis protest site a night after shooting | Business Insider
- Utah man passes airport security with stolen boarding... | Business Insider
- AP Interview: US must address waste, fraud in Afghan aid | Business Insider
- Glitch causes bank customers to see billions in charges | Business Insider