Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Physical Cash Poses a HUGE Problem For Central Banks | ZeroHedge
- What Could Reverse the Global Market Decline? | Financial Sense
- A Worrying Set Of Signals | ZeroHedge
- How Bad Can This Get, And How Fast? | ZeroHedge
- China Trolls Obama, Says "Routine" Mass Shootings Expose Failure Of U.S. Politics | ZeroHedge
- Lawrence Wilkerson: "The American 'Empire' Is In Deep, Deep Trouble" | ZeroHedge
- World's Largest Shipowners To Abandon Greece Ahead Of Major Tax Hike | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Private equity has generated dozens of billionaires — but these firms... | Business Insider
- 9 weirdest businesses in Britain where you don't pay VAT | Business Insider
- Wall Street is dominated by two crowds: the bullish and the really... | Business Insider
- 10 jihadi recruitment suspects arrested in Spain, Morocco... | Business Insider
- Steelers cut kicker Josh Scobee, sign Chris Boswell | Business Insider
- Cincinnati's Chapman throws 62 fastest pitches of... | Business Insider
- No. 13 Alabama still a force, routs No. 8 Georgia 38-10 | Business Insider