Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Despite Depression, Greece Forced To Hike VAT, Add New Taxes | ZeroHedge
- Everything Changed In 1980 - Why The Fed Is Wrong | ZeroHedge
- On Krugman’s Cherry-Picking Skills – Exhibit 1: The Clinton Boom | ZeroHedge
- Massive Jump in New Home Sales, 17-Sigma Event | Financial Sense
- The Fed's Loss Of Credibility Is Real: This Is What It Looks Like | ZeroHedge
- Panic-Buyers Lift WTI Crude Back Over $48 | ZeroHedge
- The Dreadful Kagan Clan - Hillary's Warmongers-In-Waiting | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Consumers have a new mindset about clothes — and it's bad news for Macy's,... | Business Insider
- Lyft is testing a way to schedule rides in advance, but right now it's only... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right now (SPY, DJI, IXIC, IWIM) | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- ISIS just delivered its 'weakest message' ever | Business Insider
- Well-made dress shoes can make all the difference at job... | Business Insider
- 10 tips for maximizing your salary from a tech recruiter | Business Insider