Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saxo Bank: The Syriza Victory Is A Disaster For Europe | ZeroHedge
- Russian Ruble Extends Gains, Stocks Erase All Post-Downgrade Losses | ZeroHedge
- The Slick Lies Of Obama's "Robin Hood" Economy (In 2 Awkward Cartoons) | ZeroHedge
- The New "Shadow Of The Crisis Has Passed" Normal (In 1 Fact-Ridden Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Global QE and the Gold Price | Financial Sense
- ECB Finally Delivers QE | Financial Sense
- Will Obama’s State of the Union Proposals Survive Congress? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Americans still confusing Sikhs for Muslims | Business Insider
- This Incredible Video Shows How Wifi Is Installed In Jumbo Jets | Business Insider
- Greece's Radical Anti-Austerity Movement Just Won Power: Here... | Business Insider
- 11 Startups That Will Have You Living In The Lap Of Luxury Without Leaving Home | Business Insider
- NYC Mayor De Blasio Says Take-Out Delivery... | Business Insider
- Microsoft profit dips as revenue rises | Business Insider
- Anti-austerity Syriza wins historic Greek election... | Business Insider