Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consumer Confidence Surprises to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Global Business Confidence Collapses To Post-Lehman Lows | ZeroHedge
- The U.S. Shale Breakeven Price Debate | Financial Sense
- This Indicator Suggests Gold’s Bear Market Has a lot Longer to Go – But Is It Right? | Financial Sense
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- Faith, Math and Circular Logic: Why Bitcoin is More Valuable Than ANY Fiat Currency Today! | ZeroHedge
- Investor Sentiment in the Balance | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Video Appears To Show The Moment A Police Car Was Lit On Fire In Ferguson | Business Insider
- Home Prices Rise In September (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- The iPhone 6 May Have A Scratch Problem | Business Insider
- The First 'Jurassic World' Trailer Reveals The Dinosaur Theme Park Of Our... | Business Insider
- With Putin's Russia Looming, Finland Is Now Debating Joining NATO | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions... | StreetInsider.com
- This Hilarious Video Shows A Robot Escaping From A Locked Room | Business Insider