Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Liberia Finance Ministry Scrambles To "Instil Confidence" After Employee Dies From Ebola | ZeroHedge
- A Refreshing Summer Pause | iBankCoin.com
- By Any Means Necessary | iBankCoin.com
- Libya Warns Oil-Fire Is "Out Of Control" - What 1.5 Million Gallons Of Burning Gasoline Looks Like | ZeroHedge
- My High Beta Allocation | iBankCoin.com
- US Equities Flat While China Surges On More Stimulus And Bailout Hopes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Why You Weigh Less In The Morning Than At Night | Business Insider
- Texas Congressman Thinks Rick Perry Could Create A '... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know As Asian Markets Open | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek