Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- After General Motors’ Earnings… | iBankCoin.com
- The Adaptive Genius of Rigged Markets | Financial Sense
- Flash Boys Has Been Dethroned At The Top Of The Amazon Bestseller List By This Book | ZeroHedge
- Putin Says "Use Of Force In Ukraine Will Have Consequences" As Column Of Military Vehicles Seen Heading Toward Border | ZeroHedge
- Russia Warns West "Remove Forces"; Begins Military Exercise On Ukraine Border | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: April 24 | ZeroHedge
- US Navy Makes Gas from Seawater | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 Awesome Starbucks Menu Items You Can't Get In America | Business Insider
- Tech CEO Who Allegedly Hit His Girlfriend 117 Times Avoids Jail And Plans A $100... | Business Insider
- Should You Buy Or Lease A Car? | Business Insider
- LIVE! Real Madrid Scores A Beautiful Counterattacking Goal Against... | Business Insider
- The First Thing Every Bond Investor Needs To Consider | Business Insider
- Stephen Colbert Surprises Jon Stewart To Say Goodbye... | Business Insider
- 4 GIFs Of Nene Destroying Joakim Noah In The Wizards-Bulls Series | Business Insider