Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 'Defense' - The U.S. Military Outspends These Countries Combined | ZeroHedge
- Fracking Comes to the Arctic in a New Alaska Oil Boom | Financial Sense
- Rich People Are Living Longer And It's Going To Cost Taxpayers 'Bigly' | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela's Maduro - Selling The Golden Goose | ZeroHedge
- 2017 Second-Quarter Forecast | Financial Sense
- Baby Boomers Borrowed $100BN In Student Loans For Their Children And Now Defaults Are Soaring | ZeroHedge
- Elites Are Orchestrating A Global Catastrophe: "There Are Many Things The President Does Not Know" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Far-right French... | Business Insider
- We took a helicopter to dinner at the Rockefeller Estate with the... | Business Insider
- Demand for newer drugs boosts Eli Lilly (LLY) | Business Insider
- Why the iPhone 8 could cost a lot more than a typical iPhone, in one... | Business Insider
- Prosecutors say an inmate at the jail Sheriff David Clarke... | Business Insider
- 9 books that will give you something to talk about at any party you attend | Business Insider
- Industry-wide ad blocking could finally acknowledge... | Business Insider