Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Prices in the Post-QE World | Financial Sense
- Staring Down The Meat Grinder | iBankCoin.com
- U.S. Stock Market: Favorable Sentiment for a 4th Quarter Rally | Financial Sense
- OIL COUNTRY | iBankCoin.com
- Greenspan: Price of Gold Will Rise | Financial Sense
- 100% of Mainstream Interest Rate Theory Is Wrong | Financial Sense
- New American Dream: Rented Housing and Public Transit | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Peter Jackson Explains How The Crazy Barrel Scene In 'The... | Business Insider
- Starbucks Plans a Delivery Service as Sales Growth Slows | TheStreet.com
- The Intense, 4-Month Training Eddie Redmayne Went Through To Play... | Business Insider
- Vietnam Is Becoming A Proxy In Efforts To Contain Chinese Influence In The... | Business Insider
- LinkedIn Beats, Stock Falls, Then Rises (LNKD) | Business Insider
- EU, Ukraine must agree gas debt deal for talks to... | Business Insider
- REPORT: Right-Wing Activist Targeted In Assassination Attempt... | Business Insider