Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Much of Asia Is Thankful for the Upcoming iPhone Release | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Highest Since Recession | Financial Sense
- Germany Working On Deutsche Bank Rescue Plan As Lender Sells Unit To Shore Up Liquidity | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Hackers Take Control Of A Moving Tesla From Miles Away | ZeroHedge
- The Old Wall Street Trader Is Dead, Algo’s Now Rule the Day | Financial Sense
- 'Mastermind' Of Bridge-Gate Testifies Chris Christie Knew Of Plot In "Real-Time" | ZeroHedge
- US Home Price Growth Slowest In A Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- BMW will return to Le Mans in 2018 (F) | Business Insider
- What everyone gets wrong about 'sanctuary cities' | Business Insider
- MARIO DRAGHI: Negative interest rates have made everyone... | Business Insider
- The AP fact-checked Monday's debate — here's the... | Business Insider
- These are the biggest winners and losers since OPEC's last meeting (USO,... | Business Insider
- This is the Audi SUV we've all been waiting for | Business Insider
- Why beard oil is the most important product every guy with facial hair should use | Business Insider