Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Afternoon Roll Call | iBankCoin.com
- Is China Already The World's Largest 'Owner' As Opposed To 'Holder' Of Gold? | ZeroHedge
- Watch As Donetsk Locals Stop A Ukraine Tank | ZeroHedge
- Gold Tumbles Most In 4 Months On China Demand Slowdown Fears | ZeroHedge
- When You're Not Around: Setting Your Family Up for Success | Financial Sense
- Monday Humor: So You Want To Be A Trader... | ZeroHedge
- Unrigged Market Soars On 3:30 PM Fundamental Bullish Catalyst | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- FBI Makes Unintentionally Hilarious Video Warning Study Abroad Students Not To Get Tricked... | Business Insider
- The Internet Has Already Donated $68,000 To Make These Robotic Lego-Like Toys A Reality | Business Insider
- Undaunted By String Of Failures, Facebook Is Trying — Again — To Get Into Payments (FB) | Business Insider
- Donald Rumsfeld Says He Has 'Absolutely No Idea'... | Business Insider
- The Amazing Life And Career Of Wall Street's Favorite Writer, Michael Lewis | Business Insider
- 13 Tricks For Getting Higher Tips When Waiting Tables | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer: A Bizarro-World Market | TheStreet.com