Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- From Trump Tower To Clinton's Compound - The Homes Of The 2016 Presidential Candidates | ZeroHedge
- UBS Exposes The "Scary Reality" Of High Yield Energy | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Suffer Second Biggest Crash In History, 1,500 Companies Halted Limit Down | ZeroHedge
- Europe's New Colonialism: ECB Rejects Greek Request To Reopen Stock Market | ZeroHedge
- Concerned About "Treason" Charges, Varoufakis Issues Public Statement On "Cloak And Dagger" Drachma "Plan B" | ZeroHedge
- BEHOLD! Generosity | iBankCoin.com
- Putin Trolls Obama, Says FIFA's Blatter Deserves A Nobel Prize | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Royal Mail is in big trouble | Business Insider
- Ikea is selling a placemat with an unsettling new feature | Business Insider
- Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk, Steve Wozniak and over 1,000... | Business Insider
- How Turkey’s decision to join the fight against... | Business Insider
- Turkey in new air raids against PKK Kurdish rebels... | Business Insider
- These are the 10 greatest Ferraris of all time | Business Insider
- 6 rules for eating like an Italian | Business Insider