Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Kyle Bass Finally Getting His Revenge? | Financial Sense
- It's Official: Verizon To Acquire Yahoo Core Assets For $4.8 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 25 | ZeroHedge
- Yen Plunges On Yet Another Strawman Headline About Stimulus, Then Surges On Denial | ZeroHedge
- "What The F**k Was That?" | ZeroHedge
- Yen Tumbles On Spurious Nikkei Headline, Stocks Shrug | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Panic" German Minister Urges Population, Claims Surge In Attacks Has "No Link To Merkel Refugee Policy" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 ways fintech is shaping the future of financial services | Business Insider
- Sansa Stark and Jon Snow will never ever get together romantically on 'Game of... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump called on speakers from... | Business Insider
- The 30 best cities for foodies around the world | Business Insider
- Get an Xbox One for its lowest price to date — and more of today's best... | Business Insider
- Vintage pictures show what Brooklyn was like in the summer of 1974 | Business Insider
- Fully understand the IoT with this report | Business Insider