Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in November | Financial Sense
- If Energy Prices Remain Near Current Levels, Canada's Economy Is in Trouble | Financial Sense
- China Tests Nuclear ICBMs, US Analyst Warns "Arms Control Is Failing To Increase American Security" | ZeroHedge
- Things That Make You Go Hmmm... Like A 'Run' On The Gold 'Bank' | ZeroHedge
- Recent Hindenburg Omens Signaled Caution, Now What? | Financial Sense
- Two NYPD Cops Murdered In "Execution Style" Ambush, Shooter Commits Suicide - Live Coverage | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Recap | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Are The 10 Best Used Cars For First-Time Drivers | Business Insider
- 2 NYPD Officers Were Killed In Their Patrol Car | Business Insider
- Bloodied Skrtel earns Liverpool point | Business Insider
- Saudi Oil Minister Says Russia Doesn't 'Deserve... | Business Insider
- The Crumbling Ruble And Sanctions Are Pushing... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The Story Behind The Westminster Child Abuse Scandal | Business Insider