Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Second Largest US Pension Fund To Sell 12% Of Stocks Holdings In Advance Of "Another Downturn" | ZeroHedge
- The China Slowdown: Who Loses in the Middle East? | Financial Sense
- ISM Non-Manufacturing: Continued Growth at a Slower Rate | Financial Sense
- Markets and Morality | Financial Sense
- "The Biggest Problems We Face Is That We’re All Flying Blind To A Large Degree" Warns Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- Trump Signs Pledge To Not Run As 3rd-Party Candidate | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: 10 Things I Hate About (You) Twitter Finance | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Barclays is selling a bulk of its Portuguese assets — but the... | Business Insider
- Intel is about to drive another stake through the heart of the... | Business Insider
- Uber told drivers to take showers, and now it’s being used against them in... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Hillary Clinton's defense of her personal email server just got... | Business Insider
- Cristiano Ronaldo liked his wax statue so much he paid the artist $31,000 to make one the... | Business Insider