Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It’s Time to Hold More Cash and Buy Gold | ZeroHedge
- 2 Figure Frank | iBankCoin.com
- US Retaliates At China Escalation, Warns Sea "Sandcastles" May "Lead To Conflict" | ZeroHedge
- The Fed Has Created A "Clockwork Orange" Market | ZeroHedge
- I’m Gonna Blow Your Mind With This Post | iBankCoin.com
- The Government's Message For Heavily Indebted Students: Don't Pay Us Back | ZeroHedge
- ECB's Willful Ignorance: Leaking Central Bank Says Austerity "Compliments" QE | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google wants you to buy things straight through YouTube videos (GOOG) | Business Insider
- More and more parents are bankrolling their adult children | Business Insider
- Polish camp trains security contractors for mission... | Business Insider
- This $1 billion Swedish payment company thinks it can save... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- It looks like Stripe is raising a really big funding round... | Business Insider