Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "See EU Later" - On The Front Covers Of UK Newspapers Today | ZeroHedge
- If The Public Shouldn't Have Them, Why Does The IRS Need AR-15s? | ZeroHedge
- Is Brexit The First Of Many Dominoes? A Few Charts | ZeroHedge
- Shilling: World Facing High Probability of Panic Deflation | Financial Sense
- Tony Robbins Asks Everyone To "Storm Across A Bed Of Hot Coals" - Dozens Get Injured | ZeroHedge
- British Money-Changer Imposes Capital Controls, Suspends Online FX Transactions | ZeroHedge
- Synthetic Biology - Using Machines to Reprogram DNA | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how much the top Wall Street banks have earned in fees this year | Business Insider
- Jeff Gundlach dumped his entire stake in European... | Business Insider
- State bans on assault-style weapons haven't been... | Business Insider
- UK voters are Googling 'What is the EU?' — right after... | Business Insider
- Google lets you watch Pride parades like you were really there | Business Insider
- These genius products will make your next beach trip so much better | Business Insider
- VAROUFAKIS: Brexit means that the 'EU’s disintegration is now running at... | Business Insider