Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Crunch Time? | ZeroHedge
- Is Shorting The Yuan Dangeorus? | ZeroHedge
- The Federal Reserve - The Deep State's Central Bank | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Slams Cruz And Hillary: They Are Both "Owned By Goldman" | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Yield Collapse Leaves 5Y At Crucial Cliff | ZeroHedge
- “The People Who Cast The Votes Don’t Decide An Election, The People Who COUNT The Votes Do.” | ZeroHedge
- P2P Cracks Start To Show As LendingClub Write-Offs Double Forecasts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the extravagant rings given to Super Bowl champions over the years... | Business Insider
- 'The Points Guy' has figured out how to fly all over the world — for free | Business Insider
- Why the world's most important startup farm is changing everything | Business Insider
- This is how economic empires collapse | Business Insider
- This new service makes it easy to watch all of your Snap Stories from... | Business Insider
- Viewers loved the Audi Super Bowl ad that used a David Bowie hit | Business Insider
- 8 mistakes that make great employees leave | Business Insider