Stocks are Up, everyone Jump In
Picking up the pieces from Hurricane Sandy the U.S. markets are now in day two of operation after taking two days off. Stocks are raging with the S&P 500 moving up 1%, the Dow Jones up 1.25% and the Nasdaq up 1.4%.
Today's increase is thanks to more jobs in the states, consumer confidence improving, and favorable ISM data. Today ADP said U.S. businesses added 158,000 jobs in October 2012. The Labor Department reported that applications for unemployment benefits dropped 9,000 to 363,000 last week. The market is taking that as a sign and money rich corporations are finally starting to hire again.
The latest consumer confidence reading for October came in at 72.2 while economists polled by Briefing.com expected a reading of 72.0. This follows prior month's 70.3 print.
October ISM Index came in better-than-expected at 51.7 versus the 51.0 Briefing.com consensus, and up from September's reading of 51.5. Meanwhile, September construction spending rose by 0.6% month-over-month, against the expected increase.
Enjoy the rally today Masters. Here's a look at the major indexes:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Starbucks' 'Brand Perception' Takes A Massive Hit After Announcing Plans To Hire 10,000 Refugees | ZeroHedge
- Giant Japanese Conglomerate Flash-Crashes 20% At Open | ZeroHedge
- Solar Installations Surge 95% In 2016 | Financial Sense
- In The Police-State-Versus-Freedom Arms Race, Freedom Seems To Be Winning | ZeroHedge
- Why Everything Is Being Blamed On Putin | ZeroHedge
- "We're Very Angry": Why Trump Wants To Expand America's Nuclear Arsenal | ZeroHedge
- Is The Trump Trade Over? Here Is The "Barometer" BofA Uses To Decide | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- It might be time to create an international terrorism court | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Meet the CEO of a new firm taking on Facebook and... | Business Insider
- Here's exactly how to respond if your kid asks, 'Are we... | Business Insider
- There's a good chance Melania Trump would... | Business Insider
- Sean Spicer compared marijuana to opioids but the science doesn't support... | Business Insider