Stocks are Up, everyone Jump In
Picking up the pieces from Hurricane Sandy the U.S. markets are now in day two of operation after taking two days off. Stocks are raging with the S&P 500 moving up 1%, the Dow Jones up 1.25% and the Nasdaq up 1.4%.
Today's increase is thanks to more jobs in the states, consumer confidence improving, and favorable ISM data. Today ADP said U.S. businesses added 158,000 jobs in October 2012. The Labor Department reported that applications for unemployment benefits dropped 9,000 to 363,000 last week. The market is taking that as a sign and money rich corporations are finally starting to hire again.
The latest consumer confidence reading for October came in at 72.2 while economists polled by Briefing.com expected a reading of 72.0. This follows prior month's 70.3 print.
October ISM Index came in better-than-expected at 51.7 versus the 51.0 Briefing.com consensus, and up from September's reading of 51.5. Meanwhile, September construction spending rose by 0.6% month-over-month, against the expected increase.
Enjoy the rally today Masters. Here's a look at the major indexes:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ackman's Pershing Square Busted For Violating Pay-To-Play Rule; Fined $75,000 | ZeroHedge
- Trumphoria Fades As Empire Fed Manufacturing Survey Signals More Stagflation | ZeroHedge
- Rally in Oil Continues on Global Cues, Saudi Cut | Financial Sense
- Making Taxes Great Again - Trump vs. GOP Proposals | Financial Sense
- Tucker Carlson Takes on DNC Chair Candidate Jehmu Greene and Humilitates Her | ZeroHedge
- Gold Lower Before Trump Presidency – Strong Gains Akin To After Obama Inauguration? | ZeroHedge
- The Psychological Impact Of Loss | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There are two money moves every parent should make before having... | Business Insider
- The... | Business Insider
- TIFFANY & CO.: Trump Tower is killing our business (... | Business Insider
- Uncertainty lingers over how Trump's tax and... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, QQQ... | Business Insider
- Nissan will test self-driving cars in London | Business Insider
- Jeff Bezos reportedly just dropped $23 million... | Business Insider