Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don’t Be Fooled By The Gold Price | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: The Moment Boris Nemtsov Was Assassinated | ZeroHedge
- Push Back: Impacts of a Rising Dollar on Corporate Earnings | Financial Sense
- Venezuela's Maduro Claims US Pilot Arrested For Espionage, Bans Bush, Cheney From Entering Nation | ZeroHedge
- Most Americans Are Slaves And They Don't Even Know It | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Survival Depends on Debt Restructuring, Not Growth | Financial Sense
- Paul Krugman Is The Brian Williams Of Economics Bloggers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This might be the most gorgeous Google-powered smartwatch yet (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Google confirms plans to launch its own wireless service (GOOG... | Business Insider
- Root's ton lifts England to 309-6 against Sri... | Business Insider
- Japanese firm behind Ebola drug says tests offer 'hope... | Business Insider
- Why Samsung's most gorgeous Galaxy phones yet will leave you with mixed feelings | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Jailed Kurdish leader in Turkey urges PKK to lay down... | Business Insider