Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Blowing Even Bigger Credit Bubble Puts World at Greater Risk, Says Global Strategist | Financial Sense
- Payrolls Miss Huge: April Jobs Rose Only 160K, Below 200K Expected; Unemployment Rate At 5% | ZeroHedge
- A Big Bank Suggests WEALTH Taxation | ZeroHedge
- "I Can Only Say I'm Sorry" - Self-Professed Bitcoin "Creator" Can't Provide Proof, Backs Out | ZeroHedge
- "Nothing Has Been Fixed" - Citi's Five Reasons Why This Sucker Is Going Down | ZeroHedge
- Russian Orchestra Performs In Syria's Palmyra Ruins, Recently Held By ISIS - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Another Hedge Fund Hotel Explodes: Endo Craters | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A hedge fund manager who called the oil crash is going long these... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 10 details you might have missed in ‘Game of Thrones' so far this... | Business Insider
- Here are the big changes coming to Apple Music this summer | Business Insider
- Google is smashing its worlds together in the race to win the cloud wars (... | Business Insider
- The retail industry is transforming, but not the way you think it is | Business Insider
- Hedge funds are shaking up the companies behind the brands you know and love | Business Insider