Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Credit Markets Signaling Near-Term Caution | Financial Sense
- Notes on Russia | Financial Sense
- Dr. Gary Small on "The Alzheimer's Prevention Program" | Financial Sense
- Central Bankers, Fear And Other Bad Counselors | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Gold Initiative: Good Idea With Unintended Consequences | Financial Sense
- Forex Scandal Exposes Difficulty of Financial Regulation | Financial Sense
- Japan Falls Into Surprise Recession | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Selling in 2014 | TheStreet.com
- Unusual 11 Mid... | StreetInsider.com
- Here Are Some New Details On The Sequel To The Hottest Android Phone Of The Year | Business Insider
- Katy Perry confirmed as Super Bowl halftime singer | Business Insider
- 30 Uplifting Photos Of Entrepreneurs In The Developing... | Business Insider
- This Offshore Drilling Stock May Thrive Despite Falling Oil Prices | TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer on His Dad: 'Our Last Day Together Was Our Best One' | TheStreet.com