Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It is Mostly about the US Next Week | ZeroHedge
- Gary Shilling: "Q2 GDP Was Closer To 1% Than To 3%. It Could Even Be A Negative Number" | ZeroHedge
- The Shocking Reason Putin Isn't Worried About The $50 Billion Yukos Ruling | ZeroHedge
- Are Commodities Talking to Us? | Financial Sense
- John Hussman: "Make No Mistake - This Is An Equity Bubble, And A Highly Advanced One" | ZeroHedge
- Split Times at Mr. Market’s High | iBankCoin.com
- Sunday Matinee at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- A Miracle Rice Could Save Millions Of Lives | Business Insider
- Afghanistan Is Awash In Tens Of Thousands Of Unaccountable US Weapons | Business Insider
- Japan Unleashed Abenomics A Year And A Half Ago — Here's How It's Going | Business Insider
- Here's Why No One Knows How To Manage Their Time | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE, FAMILY DOLLAR AND ZILLOW ANNOUNCE MERGERS: Here's What You Need To Know (... | Business Insider
- Treasury Secretary Jack Lew Warns Tax Inversions Are Increasing At 'Breakneck Speed'... | Business Insider