Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Which Type of Facebook Will We Get? | iBankCoin.com
- WHeRe IN THe WoRLD IS RoN KLaiN? | ZeroHedge
- The Similarities Between Germany and China | Financial Sense
- USDJPY Spikes On 10-Day-Old News About Japan's Pension Fund Allocation | ZeroHedge
- Q3 GDP Rises 3.5% Despite Sharp Slowdown In Consumption, Pushed Higher By Government Spending Spree | ZeroHedge
- FOMC: "We Screwed Up" | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Mint Gold Coin Sales Near 60,000 - "Islamic State, Ebola, Putin, Ukraine" and Swiss Gold Initiative | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Deutsche Bank Posts $117 Million Loss And Fires CFO | Business Insider
- First Iraqi Kurdish fighters bound for Kobane arrive... | Business Insider
- Legal costs push Deutsche Bank into red in Q3 | Business Insider
- How E-Commerce Is Finally Disrupting The $600 Billion-A-Year Grocery Industry... | Business Insider
- Here's Why Nicaragua Is Unbelievably Safe Despite Being Impoverished | Business Insider
- CONFIRMED: Yahoo Has Poached Top Amazon Exec Lisa Utzschneider (AMZN) | Business Insider