Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Will Live In The Suburbs If Millennials Favor Cities? | ZeroHedge
- Obama To Receive $400,000 Speaking Fee At Cantor Fitzgerald Conference | ZeroHedge
- US Home Prices Rise At The Fastest Pace Since July 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Sweden’s Gold Reserves: 10,000 gold bars (pet rocks) shrouded in Official Secrecy | ZeroHedge
- A Delighted Wall Street Reacts To The French Election | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Slip Despite Draw In Crude, Gasoline Inventories | Financial Sense
- "Don't Open It" - 9 Mexican States On Alert After Radioactive Material Stolen | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The demand for 'local' food is growing — here's why investors should... | Business Insider
- 9 commonly mispronounced foods — and the right way to say them | Business Insider
- The death penalty probably won't be abolished anytime... | Business Insider
- Arkansas plans to execute 2 convicts Monday — the first double execution... | Business Insider
- Obama is giving his first post-presidency speech Monday in... | Business Insider
- Russia increased its defense budget to become the third biggest spender in 2016 | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street today | Business Insider