Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 10 Examples Of The Social Decay That Is Eating Away At America Like Cancer | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Shifting Center of World Economy | Financial Sense
- What Record Stock Buybacks Say About Economic Growth | ZeroHedge
- HFT War Stories: The Algo That Couldn't Count | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape - How The Children Of Chinese Oligarchs Live It Up In SoCal | ZeroHedge
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- Forex Scandal Exposes Difficulty of Financial Regulation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tony Robbins Says The Most Lucrative Investment Is In 'American Capitalism... | Business Insider
- Two People Are Dead After A Balcony Collapse In... | Business Insider
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part I' Should... | Business Insider
- Wagner, Machida going for figure skating gold in Bordeaux... | Business Insider
- Here's How Likely Each Poker Hand Is | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Northwest Bio, Celldex, Puma, MannKind | TheStreet.com