Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Taper & Quantitative Easing Reality Check | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor - Part 2: Hope & Defiance | ZeroHedge
- 30 Year Auction Prices At Highest Yield Since July 2011 | ZeroHedge
- What The Chinese Really Think Of The Shanghai Smog | ZeroHedge
- Fashionable Dirty 30′s | iBankCoin.com
- Thanks for the Free Room and Buffet, Steve | iBankCoin.com
- Checking Out the Hiltons | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Special K Made A Fake Clothing Store To Confront Women Over How Much They Talk About Being Fat... | Business Insider
- Investors Should Take Two Key Steps When Building A Diversified Portfolio | Business Insider
- Florida International University Students Arrested In... | Business Insider
- Half The Finalists For A Major Car Award Are Made By GM | Business Insider
- Mortgage Rates Tick Up to Highest Levels Since September | TheStreet.com
- REPORT: There's An 'Urgent' Situation On International Space... | Business Insider
- FYI: What Spotify Just Announced, Pandora, Rdio Already Do | TheStreet.com