Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why the End of China's “Strong Yuan” Policy Matters to Global Markets | Financial Sense
- Explaining The Stock Market Rebound In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Most Important Chart In Global Finance? | ZeroHedge
- The Central Bankers’ Malodorous War On Savers | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Spikes, Risk Slides After Fed's Fischer Seen As "Not Dovish Enough" | ZeroHedge
- Stoeferle: Illusion of Omnipotent Central Banker Biggest Bubble We've Ever Seen | Financial Sense
- The Evolution of America's Energy Supply (1776 – 2014) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why there are so many different kinds of salt | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Here's the brilliant way... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Here's the real story behind Martin Luther King Jr.'s greatest moment | Business Insider
- Gap is still winning in one key area | Business Insider
- Year-long Mars isolation experiment starting in Hawaii | Business Insider