Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 100% of Mainstream Interest Rate Theory is Wrong | ZeroHedge
- The Last Days Of The Growth Story | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 23, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- This Is How Caterpillar Just Blew Away Q3 Earnings | ZeroHedge
- Revisiting Truth's Moment | ZeroHedge
- The European Central Bank Embarks on Asset Purchases | Financial Sense
- Why It Better Not Snow This Winter, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Don't Get Used To Mobile Apps — Their Days Are Very Obviously Numbered | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- David Einhorn Gave 2 Trade Ideas At An Elite Wall Street Conference — Here's... | Business Insider
- Texas AD Says It Would Cost $6 Million To Pay Their Athletes And The Fallout Would Change... | Business Insider
- These Are The Four Most Likely Outcomes To The War In Syria | Business Insider
- Stock Market Today: Earnings, Leading Indicators Signal Strength in U.S. Economy | TheStreet.com