Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: January 30 | ZeroHedge
- The Raging “Currency Wars” Across Europe | Financial Sense
- Either Oil Soars Back To $88, Or Energy Stocks Have To Tumble By Over 40% | ZeroHedge
- How Do You Solve A Problem Like Syriza? | ZeroHedge
- Apple Boosts Earnings Picture Though Overall Trend Still Negative | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul On Gold & The Fed's Failed 'Utopian Dream' | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Is "Pressing" Obama For $3 Billion In Financial Aid | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why networking meetings should never last more than 45 minutes | Business Insider
- 3 Biggest Takeaways From Amazon's Fourth-Quarter Earnings Report | TheStreet.com
- Jay Z Has Bought One Of Spotify's Biggest Rivals For $56 Million | Business Insider
- Fed Already Knows It Won’t Raise Rates Until September: Economist | TheStreet.com
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Explanations to 13 jokes only smart people understand | Business Insider
- McDonald's Failed CEO Was Reluctant To Make The Brand Like Chipotle (MCD, CMG... | Business Insider