Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart Of The Day: Recession Dead Ahead? | ZeroHedge
- GDP Shocker: Atlanta Fed Calculates Q1 Growth Of Only 1.2% | ZeroHedge
- EuRo QE DeMoNSTRaTeD... | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Rise As ISIS Attack Iraq Oil Pipelines | ZeroHedge
- SaVinG PRiVaTe EmaiLS | ZeroHedge
- Global Oil Glut Could Further Depress Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- In "Unprecedented Move" Nobel Peace Prize Chairman Demoted For Decision To Give Obama 2009 Award | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Most Americans think the government helped Wall Street more than Main Street after... | Business Insider
- Coca-Cola is redesigning its European packaging so all of its flavors look the same (KO) | Business Insider
- GDF Suez in 2.5-bn-euro bond issue, including... | Business Insider
- Ken Griffin makes $90,000 per hour even while he's sleeping, according to his... | Business Insider
- Peter Thiel: Google's lucrative search monopoly may be about to end | Business Insider
- The story of one man's arrest illustrates the horrifying police practices in Ferguson | Business Insider
- 8 tips for surviving in an open office | Business Insider