Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greferendum Caption Contest: Two For The Price Of One | ZeroHedge
- SocGen Reiterates Cash Call, Says "Markets Will Stay Volatile" | ZeroHedge
- Russia Gloats: "Merkel's Misery Over Broken Europe Dreams" | ZeroHedge
- Service PMI Drops To Lowest Level Since January: Job Creation Slows, Input Cost Inflation Surges | ZeroHedge
- The Surprising Demise of Reddit | ZeroHedge
- Now’s Really Not the Time for a Liquidity Crisis | Financial Sense
- Greeks Vote In "Holy Moment" - Live Updates | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China's stock market is screwing up its master plan | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Euro tanks after Greece votes 'no' | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- This Republican presidential candidate has the sickest Donald Trump burn yet | Business Insider
- KRUGMAN: Greece's 'No' vote is a win for Europe (USD, EUR) | Business Insider
- Apply Pay is launching in the UK on July 14, leaked... | Business Insider