Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greeks Turn To Bitcoin To Dodge Capital Controls | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: Sunday's Vote Will Determine Liberty Or Serfdom | ZeroHedge
- Greece Deal, ADP Cheer Markets | Financial Sense
- Do Share Buybacks Create Value? (Spoiler Alert: No) | ZeroHedge
- The Real Bubble: Average M&A Multiple Hits 16x As First Half Volume Crosses Record $1 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- They Want To Use "Hate Speech Laws" To Destroy Freedom Of Speech In America | ZeroHedge
- Japan’s Yen Has Only Begun to Fall | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Batman wasn't originally supposed to be in the 'Batman v... | Business Insider
- Brazil targets 15 banks in forex fixing probe | Business Insider
- HSBC thinks Greek banks will be closed next week – whatever happens | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know in markets today | Business Insider
- Iran talks in endgame inching close to nuclear deal | Business Insider
- Solar Impulse arrives in Hawaii, completes historic flight... | Business Insider
- Philippines halts ferry rescue as hopes for survivors... | Business Insider