Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ukraine Military Plane Hit By Gunfire Over Pro-Russia Held Slavyansk | ZeroHedge
- John Hussman On The Federal Reserve's Two Legged Stool | ZeroHedge
- Sergey Lavrov: "If Russian Troops Or People Attacked, We'll Retaliate" | ZeroHedge
- The Earnings Season: "House Of Cards" | ZeroHedge
- Furious Chinese Rioters Beat Corrupt Policemen To Death | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Currency Collapses Nearly 70% Against Gold In 4 Months | ZeroHedge
- The Crowd Mine | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dish Network Is Partnering... | Business Insider
- A Couple Asked The Internet To Name Their Child, And The Winning Name Was... | Business Insider
- Europe Is On The Rise | Business Insider
- This Is What It's Like To Work For Billionaire Microsoft Co-Founder Paul Allen... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Here Are Goldman Sachs' Forecasts For Everything | Business Insider
- New York's Favorite Brunch Club Just Added A $1,000 Sundae To The Menu | Business Insider