Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Richard Russell: The Passing of an Icon | Financial Sense
- Fourth Turning - Politicians Driving The World Towards War | ZeroHedge
- "Friend & Ally" Or "Barbaric Death Cult" - You Decide | ZeroHedge
- Can The Oil Industry Really Handle This Much Debt? | ZeroHedge
- Kurt Kallaus: Still No Recession; Expect Mild Acceleration in 2016 | Financial Sense
- How Turkey Exports ISIS Oil To The World: The Scientific Evidence | ZeroHedge
- Submerging Markets | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RANKED: the best fast food in America | Business Insider
- IMF poised to put Chinese yuan in elite currency basket | Business Insider
- 'The Walking Dead' mid-season finale recreates a huge scene from the... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Some Ugandans spent 20 hours awaiting pope | Business Insider
- Lakers star Bryant says this is his final season in the... | Business Insider
- 76ers tie NBA worst with 0-18 start after loss to... | Business Insider
- UN: Maurice Strong, climate and development pioneer, dies | Business Insider