Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Thanks to the Fed, the Patient Is Now Past the Point of No Return | ZeroHedge
- Pakistan Faces (Another) Military Coup As PM Charged With Murder | ZeroHedge
- Exchanging Pieces on the Chessboard | iBankCoin.com
- The "European Close" Trade Goes For 5 In A Row | ZeroHedge
- It All Comes Down to the Leaders | iBankCoin.com
- The Credit Gradient | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap August 28, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The White House Just Took A Shot At Bill Kristol's Strategy Of... | Business Insider
- 8 Of The Most Ridiculously Expensive Gadgets Money Can Buy | Business Insider
- Cramer: Expect Selling and Don't Buy It | TheStreet.com
- UK raises alert level as Syria refugees top 3 million | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Someone Paid $300,000 To Rent This Hamptons Mansion For A Single... | Business Insider
- Fox News Host Bill O'Reilly Calls White Privilege... | Business Insider