Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Gorilla Run Has to Commence NOW | iBankCoin.com
- Pawns In A Deadly, Grotesque Geopolitical Game | ZeroHedge
- MH17 Will Usher In A Completely New Kind Of War - One The US Cannot Win | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Continues to Expand | Financial Sense
- CPI Remains Stubbornly High as Yellen's "Noise" Won't Go Away | ZeroHedge
- Netflix Meets EPS, Beats On International Subs, Guides To Lower Q3 EPS And Domestic Subs | ZeroHedge
- The New Scariest Chart In America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Top High School Basketball Player Signs $1.2 Million Contract In China Instead Of Going To College... | Business Insider
- BATS Exchange Announces Departure Of President Who Made Misleading Statements On CNBC | Business Insider
- The 10 Worst Apple Products Of All Time | Business Insider
- The 10 Best Tequila Drinks on the Planet | TheStreet.com
- RORY MCILROY: How Nike's $200 Million Man Spends His Money | Business Insider
- Blake Lively Introduces E-... | Business Insider
- A Mysterious Condition Is Killing Workers In Dongguan, China In Their Sleep | Business Insider