Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Thanks For The Corporate Bond Bubble, Fed | ZeroHedge
- The Chinese Buy Billboards Announcing The Renminbi As "The New World Currency" | ZeroHedge
- Push Back: Impacts of a Rising Dollar on Corporate Earnings | Financial Sense
- Nasdaq 5,000 Is Different This Time... But Not In A Good Way! | ZeroHedge
- Post-Payrolls Reaction: Stocks, Bonds, Commodities Drop, Dollar Pops, As "Good News Is Bad News" | ZeroHedge
- The Circus Is In Town | ZeroHedge
- Double Standards Exist for a Reason | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Australia floats prisoner swap to save Indonesia pair | Business Insider
- Republicans subpoena Clinton emails | Business Insider
- Brilliant woman uses Tinder to find someone to dig out her car after a... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 3/5: (ABBV)/(... | StreetInsider.com
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- The story of one man's arrest illustrates the horrifying police practices in Ferguson | Business Insider