Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Sell In May" ... And June | ZeroHedge
- Money Is Energy: George Mobus Discusses Biophysical Economics and Alternative Theories of Value | Financial Sense
- The Hire That Could Be The Difference Between A Fed Rate Hike And BoJ Helicopter Money | ZeroHedge
- Obamacare To Unveil "Price Shock" One Week Before The Elections | ZeroHedge
- Trump Crushes Cruz With Critical Win In Indiana Primary; Sanders Takes Lead Over Hillary | ZeroHedge
- There's Only One 'Honest' Position On Obama-Trade - Kill It | ZeroHedge
- Dollar's Best Day In 6 Months Sparks Stock Slump, Bond Jump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Intel has finally admitted that it failed miserably in the mobile... | Business Insider
- Researchers have stumbled upon a battery breakthrough that could change... | Business Insider
- An etiquette expert and former flight attendant shares 15 tips that can help business... | Business Insider
- Here's the real reason why photos of Bin Laden's body won't... | Business Insider
- Jessica Alba's $1.7 billion startup delivered a ferocious... | Business Insider
- The White House doesn't know if Obama will drink the water when he visits Flint | Business Insider
- The oldest restaurant in the world is located in... | Business Insider