Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Divided Deep State Is A Symptom, Not The Disease | ZeroHedge
- Russophobia - Symptom Of US Implosion | ZeroHedge
- Schumer Says He Will Oppose Gorsuch Nomination, Threatens Filibuster | ZeroHedge
- The Swamp Drains Trump | ZeroHedge
- Swedes Begin Construction Of Police Fortress In "Little Mogadishu" | ZeroHedge
- Hawkier Fed, Drowning Oil, and Insiders Jumping Ship | Financial Sense
- Here Are The Reasons Why Today's Republican Debacle Makes Tax Reform Less Likely | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The NFL wants to speed up games and clean up the advertising — here is how | Business Insider
- 23 extensions, apps, and tricks that will boost your... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- 'You don't haul somebody overseas': Ex CIA director says... | Business Insider
- STOCKS REBOUND AFTER 'TRUMPCARE' VOTE PULLED: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- AMC is planning an ad-free streaming... | Business Insider
- Etihad takes a shot at Trump's laptop ban in new ad | Business Insider