Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did the Government Shutdown Help the Economy? | Financial Sense
- Prisoner’s Dilemma Game in Greece | Financial Sense
- Why Japan May Matter More Than Tapering | Financial Sense
- The US Government Will Soon Be The Biggest Credit Company Anywhere | iBankCoin.com
- Capitol Hill Staffers Warned "Do Not Rely" On Obamacare Website | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Property Bubble May Collapse in a Year or Two | Financial Sense
- Your Guide to December’s FOMC Meeting: Breaking Down the Participants | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Everything You Need To Know About Chipotle's Game-Changing New Catering | Business Insider
- Yahoo!, Amazon Soar, Netflix Crashes in 2014 | TheStreet.com
- It's No Longer 'Anything Goes' For CollegeHumor | Business Insider
- Florida International University Students Arrested In... | Business Insider
- 'Breaking Bad' Editor Creates Ice Skating Tribute To The Show | Business Insider
- Facebook Already Dominates As A... | Business Insider
- Facebook Stock Added To Dow Jones S&P 500 Index | Business Insider