Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WikiLeaks Reveals The "Snowden Stopper": CIA Tool To Track Whistleblowers | ZeroHedge
- Market Risks Increasing As Investors Grow Complacent | Financial Sense
- World Bank Maintains Oil Price Forecast At $55 | Financial Sense
- Meet The Machine-Gun Wielding Robots And 'HyperSubs' Of Modern Warfare | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Inflows Into European Stocks Since 2015, Just As The Economic Pullback Begins | ZeroHedge
- Duterte Warns Trump: "That Guy Kim Simply Wants To End The World" | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Asks "Does Washington Plan To Nuke Russia & China?" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Grand Theft Auto' has never looked this good | Business Insider
- Happiness expert says an easy way to strengthen... | Business Insider
- Move over Putin — Trump's got a new man crush | Business Insider
- The truth about corporate tax cuts | Business Insider
- How to Build a Robo Advisor: Advice for Starting a Robo... | Business Insider
- The best DSLR cameras you can buy | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek