Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- HEADING TO THE SUN IN A CAR MADE FROM DYNAMITE STICKS | iBankCoin.com
- S&P Tumbles 15 Points At Open, Erases All ECB QE Gains; EURUSD Opens Below 1.1150 As Traders Seek Safety Of Swiss Franc | ZeroHedge
- "Leverage Mismatches" - Why Q-ECB May Not Be A Favorable Development | ZeroHedge
- "Out Of My Face Please" - Why Are US Soldiers In Mariupol? | ZeroHedge
- Aircraft Carrier Stennis Has Biggest Ordnance Onload Since 2010 | ZeroHedge
- Lazy Greeks At Fault?? These Two Charts Suggest Otherwise! | ZeroHedge
- Blood (and Snow) on the Street | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ship Your Enemies Glitter Was Just One Big Viral Marketing Stunt | Business Insider
- Police Raided Amazon's Tokyo Headquarters Looking For Child... | Business Insider
- Follow These Twitter Meteorologists For Up-To-The Minute Blizzard Updates | Business Insider
- Apple Pay Is Coming To Nearly 200,000 Vending Machines... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The Global Slowdown Is Making Asia's Debt Mountain Even Worse | Business Insider
- An Analyst Says Everybody... | Business Insider