Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- IMF Cuts Global Growth For The Fourth Time In 12 Months... But That's Not The Biggest Problem | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 5 | ZeroHedge
- How The Chinese Will Establish A New Financial Order | ZeroHedge
- A "Heroic" Ben Bernanke Blames Congress For Poor Economic Recovery | ZeroHedge
- Why Bank of America Just Cut Its Year End S&P500 Target To 2,000 | ZeroHedge
- The Bond Market Isn't Buying The Euphoria In These Ten Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Glencore Stock Is Re-Crashing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Marijuana pesticide flap brings consumer lawsuit in... | Business Insider
- Senators to ask US general about troop levels in... | Business Insider
- The 12 most innovative countries in the world | Business Insider
- Cards catcher Molina will try to play with splint over... | Business Insider
- Israel demolishes Palestinian attacker'... | Business Insider
- Mother-son bond over guns links Oregon, Connecticut... | Business Insider
- California adopts bill ensuring equal pay for women | Business Insider