Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "F*ck This Court": Woman Who Took AK-47 To Jailbreak Pens Epic Rant Against Judge | ZeroHedge
- Overseas Investors Have "Little Appetite" For Chasing Chinese Mania: JPM | ZeroHedge
- Gold, The SDR, & BRICS | ZeroHedge
- Summarizing Today's Greek Negotiations In One T-Shirt | ZeroHedge
- Can Israel Become the World’s Next Tech Capital? | Financial Sense
- Hopium: How Far Can Irrational Optimism Take The U.S. Economy? | ZeroHedge
- Yes, Colombia! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 15 Apple Watch apps you need to download first, according to Apple (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Mobile and social are fueling massive digital-video advertising growth as... | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about Issac Asimov's Foundation, a book... | Business Insider
- Holders Sevilla through to Europa League semis | Business Insider
- EU says progress 'not sufficient' for Greece debt... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek