Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Enough With the Greeks Already | iBankCoin.com
- How Clinton Foundation Donations Led To Billions In Weapons Sales To Autocratic Regimes | ZeroHedge
- Greece Postpones Meeting With Creditors, Denies ATM Tax | ZeroHedge
- Who Would Win A Conflict In The South China Sea: The Infographic | ZeroHedge
- Stocks, Bonds, Commodities Tumble On Durable Goods "Good News", USD Soars | ZeroHedge
- Peter Schiff Is Furious At "Double Seasonally Adjusted" Economic Data | ZeroHedge
- Not Scared Yet. Still Bear Hunting | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meth seizures quadruple across much of Asia-Pacific: UN | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Britain poised for 'Brexit... | Business Insider
- Why Charter is paying $56 billion to acquire Time Warner... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- Apple design head Jony Ive has DOUBLE the patents of Thomas Edison | Business Insider
- How Burger King turned business around to dominate fast food | Business Insider