Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- End of U.S. Dollar Hegemony - Not | Financial Sense
- The Folks Who Know the Most About Their Firms… and the Economy… Are Selling the Farm | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Summation Index Rate of Change | Financial Sense
- Stunning Scenes From California's Central Valley Drought | ZeroHedge
- How Long Can U.S. Production Survive Low Oil Prices? | Financial Sense
- Propaganda 101 – How The Pentagon Is Trying To Rewrite Vietnam War History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Champions Toulon open with tough win over Scarlets | Business Insider
- Indonesia inaugurates outsider Widodo as president | Business Insider
- Everyone Loves This Story Of How An... | Business Insider
- Whisper CEO Tells Users To Email Him If... | Business Insider
- This Sleek, Impressive, High-Tech Throwback Is The Latest Sports Car From Mercedes-AMG | Business Insider
- Hong Kong govt to open talks with democracy... | Business Insider