Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meanwhile, In Germany... | ZeroHedge
- The Misplaced Animosity Towards Imports | Financial Sense
- GM Pickup Incentives Surge Over 80% As Auto Bubble Continues To Show Signs Of An Imminent Bust | ZeroHedge
- SAUT: Fade the Fed, Markets Now Dependent on Fiscal Policy | Financial Sense
- US Auto Dealers Forced To Rent First "Overflow Lots" In 37 Years Amid Inventory Glut | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of The Oscars | ZeroHedge
- Trump’s Speech, Europe Elections, and Political Soapbox Opera | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's exactly how to respond when your college grad... | Business Insider
- Consumer Reports names Tesla the top American car brand (TSLA) | Business Insider
- The Redskins place franchise tag on Kirk Cousins and it is going to cost them... | Business Insider
- Mattis wanted this woman as his second-in-command — here's why she turned him down... | Business Insider
- Why Hollywood finally forgave Mel Gibson at the 2017 Oscars | Business Insider
- Trump's speech highlighted victims of... | Business Insider
- One of Ken Griffin's senior staffers has left hedge fund giant Citadel | Business Insider