Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Bunch of Checkups from the Neck Up | iBankCoin.com
- Dow Soars 350 Points In 27 Hours | ZeroHedge
- President Obama Discusses Obamacare And The (De)Escalation - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The First Look in the Middle | iBankCoin.com
- Retail Sales Surge on Spring Thaw | Financial Sense
- 4 Key Reasons for CAPEX Accelerating | Financial Sense
- European Investors Rush To Safe-Havens - Italy/Spain Bond Yields At New Record Low | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Alibaba's Quarterly Revenues Top $3... | Business Insider
- How To Stop Facebook's Video Ads From Automatically Playing | Business Insider
- Italian Tea Company Tries To Make Drinking And Driving Seem Cute | Business Insider
- Lehigh Fraternity Suspended For Allegedly Spraying... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Cost-Per-Click On Google Ads Falls 9% Year-Over-... | Business Insider
- Fred Wilson Is Wrong, It's Great To Be A Young VC | Business Insider