Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Economics Of Bernie Sanders | ZeroHedge
- Surprise! 125 Classified Exchanges Show Up In Latest Clinton E-mail Dump | ZeroHedge
- Is China Dumping US Treasuries? | Financial Sense
- Wondering Why Dow Futures Just Spiked Over 100 Points? | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, In Sweden, Banks Are Refusing To Open Savings Accounts | ZeroHedge
- ConocoPhillips Fires 10% Of Global Workforce, Warns Of "Dramatic Downturn" To Oil Industry | ZeroHedge
- Putin Targets US Monetary System: "Aims To Eliminate US Dollar From Trade" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Three sentences from Deutsche Bank's... | Business Insider
- Here is the exact ballot question Britain will answer when it votes on... | Business Insider
- Police address mix-up leaves man, officer wounded, dog dead... | Business Insider
- 11 ways rich people think differently than the average person | Business Insider
- India regulator accuses Google of online search abuse | Business Insider
- Right-wing party exits parliamentary coalition in Ukraine... | Business Insider
- Immunity lifted, prosecutors close in on Guatemala... | Business Insider