Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Move Over Oil – Lithium Is the Future of Transportation | Financial Sense
- Is This Where All Those Companies "Leaving England" Will Go | ZeroHedge
- Onward Toward Bullion Bank Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Why Is The U.S. Embracing Iran - Again!? | ZeroHedge
- Union Jacked | Financial Sense
- The Rise Of An Investing Legend: Mikael Syding | ZeroHedge
- Previewing Today's Main Event: David Cameron Arrives In Brussels | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The most successful tech IPO of the year just rocketed up another 10% (TWLO) | Business Insider
- Over 1 million unclaimed bodies are buried on a little-known island in New York... | Business Insider
- eBay is looking to a unique location to get more customers (... | Business Insider
- The iPhone 7 could have a totally new kind of home button (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Silicon Valley is obsessed with building utopian cities of the future | Business Insider
- Daniel Radcliffe and Paul Dano talk about being in the... | Business Insider
- Google wants permission to track you more so that it can show you better ads (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider