Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Have Central Banks Entered An Undeclared War? | ZeroHedge
- Housing Data Broadly Mixed | Financial Sense
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- LooTeRS!!! | ZeroHedge
- You’ve Been in This Business Too Long If... | ZeroHedge
- On The Looming Wall Of Chinese Defaults, Restructuring Firm Warns "You Know It's Coming" | ZeroHedge
- T-Pain Has Spoken on The Habit $HABT | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE EU WANTS TO BREAK UP GOOGLE (GOOG) | Business Insider
- 4 Reasons GameStop Is Crashing | Business Insider
- Here's The New 'Average' Barbie Doll — She Has... | Business Insider
- OBAMA: 'I Forgot My Blackberry' | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- The Stage Is Set For An Epic Finish At The World... | Business Insider
- Delta Order Affirms the Age of the Airbus A350 Is Approaching | TheStreet.com