Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Firm Behind Friday's Internet Outage Slams Critics, Threatens Western Accusers With Lawsuits | ZeroHedge
- Is China About to Go “Scorched Earth” on the US Dollar? | ZeroHedge
- Prepare For The Unthinkable | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Are Not Long Term Investment Vehicles (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Geert Wilders And The End Of Justice In The Netherlands | ZeroHedge
- The Undercurrent of Currency Issues | Financial Sense
- "Drain The Swamp" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The level of religiousness has huge effects on how much men and women... | Business Insider
- 9 details you may have missed on 'The Walking Dead' season 7 premiere... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump is the best thing to happen to American women in decades | Business Insider
- Why a 'horror documentary' about rats by Morgan Spurlock is the scariest... | Business Insider
- Sunday's big 'Walking Dead' premiere was in... | Business Insider
- $1.7 trillion in unfunded state pensions is... | Business Insider
- One of the most popular fruit crops in the world could be decimated by... | Business Insider