Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China’s FX Reserves Drops Most in 10 Months; Yuan at 8 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Michigan Republicans File Emergency Motion To Halt Recount As Another Major Snag Emerges | ZeroHedge
- Our "Gaslight" Financial System | ZeroHedge
- Buffett Wins Again: Berkshire To Get $29 Billion Boost Under Trump Tax Plan | ZeroHedge
- China Newspapers Blast "Diplomatic Rookie" Trump For "Inability To Keep His Mouth Shut" | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Comes Back Bid, but Still Vulnerable to Corrective Pressures | Financial Sense
- The Biggest Gold Heist Of All Time | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Senate Republicans are not on board with privatizing... | Business Insider
- Singapore can't afford to be pushed around by China | Business Insider
- New exam results may support Trump's claim that some American... | Business Insider
- It looks like Pokémon Go is doing a big partnership with... | Business Insider
- British PM says the UK will help Gulf states 'push... | Business Insider
- 45 ways to make more money in 2017 | Business Insider
- Wall Street is wrong about luxury home sales | Business Insider