Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fortune Belongs to the Bold | Financial Sense
- Durable Goods Orders Rise More Than Forecast | Financial Sense
- Dollar Indices: Research Rubbish? | Financial Sense
- Breakout in Bond Yields Foreshadows Possible Economic Acceleration | Financial Sense
- European Central Bank: Let Them Go Bankrupt! | ZeroHedge
- America's Bubble Economy Is Going To Become An Economic Black Hole | ZeroHedge
- A Look at Recent IPOs | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Mobile Commerce Grows Nearly Three Times Faster Than Desktop E-Commerce | Business Insider
- A Day In The Life Of A Tumblr Employee Is Pretty Enviable | Business Insider
- The Guy Who Created Google+ And Then Redesigned Facebook Has A New Job (FB) | Business Insider
- The Porn Industry Has Already Dreamed Up Some Awesome Ideas For Google Glass (GOOG) | Business Insider
- P&G CEO Bob McDonald Steps Down After Pressure From Bill Ackman, Activist Investor (PG... | Business Insider
- This Beautiful Video Will Make You Fall In Love With Cicadas | Business Insider
- KOTOK: This Low Inflation Environment Is Fantastic For... | Business Insider