Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Wrath of Draghi: First German Bank Hits Savers with Negative Interest Rate | ZeroHedge
- LET’S TALK ABOUT SOMETHING IMPORTANT | iBankCoin.com
- BusinessWeek Wants YOU To Become A Keynesian Debt Slave | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $TRIP | iBankCoin.com
- The "Carry Trade" For The Working Man | ZeroHedge
- Russian Ruble Soars Over 5% (Swings Most Since 1998) On Intervention, Rate-Hike Rumors | ZeroHedge
- The European Central Bank Embarks on Asset Purchases | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Hedge Fund Manager Vanished After Credit Suisse Accidentally Wired Him $1.5 Million... | Business Insider
- CONFIRMED: Yahoo Has Poached Top Amazon Exec Lisa Utzschneider (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Trent Reznor Is Working On A Top Secret Apple Project (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Hazmat Suit Supplier Shares Explode (LAKE) | Business Insider
- Stephen Hawking Gave Filmmakers A Priceless Gift After Watching The... | Business Insider
- Colsaerts gets out big guns to take Shanghai lead | Business Insider
- Here's What Teachers Really Think Of America's... | Business Insider