Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand by 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- Martin Armstrong: "They Will Rig The Game... They Can't Afford A Trump Victory" | ZeroHedge
- WikiLeaks' Assange Warns Clinton Campaign: More "Unexpected", Game-Changing Emails Loom | ZeroHedge
- VIX Spikes Most Since Brexit After Crude Carnage, Biotech Bust, Asian Angst | ZeroHedge
- July New Home Sales Soar to 12.4% Month-over-Month, Surprises Forecast | Financial Sense
- Market Recap Aug 24, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- New Lidar Chips for Self-Driving Vehicles Are Smaller Than a Dime, Cost $10 to Manufacture | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 22 colleges that accept students with the highest SAT... | Business Insider
- The sneaky way Frank Ocean got out of his record contract to release his acclaimed new... | Business Insider
- Chefs give their 13 rules for making a great sandwich | Business Insider
- There's one state where Obamacare is 'very near collapse' | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- I took a hot lap with the Stig from 'Top Gear' — then I took some hot laps of... | Business Insider
- GM's car-sharing service Maven hits 4.2 million miles (GM) | Business Insider