Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Thoughts About Chinese Stocks, Reserves, and SDR Inclusion | Financial Sense
- 5 Things To Ponder: Mentally Conflicted | ZeroHedge
- Least Transparent Ever: IRS Used "Wholly Separate" Message System To Hide Communications | ZeroHedge
- Spinning Higher, As Scheduled | iBankCoin.com
- Russia-China Gas Relationship on the Rocks | Financial Sense
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- The 2015 Untrustworthies Report - Why Social Security Could Be Bankrupt In 12 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Researchers have discovered a new diet that helps severe burns heal faster | Business Insider
- This awesome GIF shows what the Philae lander saw when it... | Business Insider
- 15 incredible concert venues around the world | Business Insider
- US oil rig count rises again (USO, WTI, BHI) | Business Insider
- Microsoft reveals some unexpected plans for Windows 10 (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett's investing acumen is demonstrated brilliantly in this... | Business Insider
- 14 books Mark Zuckerberg thinks everyone should read | Business Insider