Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Amazon "Tweaks" Its Hillary Book Stats: Doubles '5-Star' Reviews Overnight | ZeroHedge
- Massive Explosion Rocks Budapest, Multiple Injuries, Heavy Police Presence | ZeroHedge
- "It All Has A Very 2008 Feel To It" - For Deutsche Bank, The News Just Keeps Getting Worse | ZeroHedge
- The Obama Gun "Super Owner" - New Study Finds 50% Of Guns Owned By Just 3% Of Population | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Bails Out Banking System After Interbank Rates Hit 2009 Highs | ZeroHedge
- "Bodies On The Ground" - At Least 7 Injured In Houston, Suspect Down, Bomb Squad Called - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Stock Plunges To All Time Low After Merkel Rules Out State Bailout; Default Risk Surges | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This company makes the best pairs of socks I’ve ever worn | Business Insider
- Here are the 9 most influential people on Wall Street | Business Insider
- Here's what Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump... | Business Insider
- These are the coolest features on every Tesla (TSLA) | Business Insider
- A top journalist is suing the FDA over its alleged use of a banned and secretive... | Business Insider
- When and how you should stretch to get the maximum benefit, according to a... | Business Insider
- The fast-food industry is suddenly embracing an unlikely new ingredient | Business Insider