Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Arabia Then & Now (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- What Deflation? The Price Of Ground Beef Has Doubled Since The Last Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Beyond Iran And Pakistan: 7 Nuclear Wannabes | ZeroHedge
- Can Money Flows Push Equity Prices Much Higher? | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: Saudi Warplanes Bomb Yemen | ZeroHedge
- Default Risk Soars After Ukraine's 'American' FinMin Suggests Severe Haircuts For Creditors (Including Russia) | ZeroHedge
- The World's Greatest Oil Chokepoints, And Why Yemen Matters | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Cleveland Cavaliers saved their season with 2 gutsy trades | Business Insider
- Building explodes and collapses in Manhattan's East Village | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton deleted everything on her email server | Business Insider
- REVEALED: A Breakdown Of The Demographics For Each Of The Different Social Networks | Business Insider
- This company just revolutionized our understanding of disease by... | Business Insider
- Beats knew Miley Cyrus' twerk was going to happen weeks before the VMAs aired | Business Insider
- Hurry Kane quickly off mark, Spain sink Ukraine | Business Insider