Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Senate Confirms Mattis (Defense) & Kelly (Homeland) On Trump's First Day | ZeroHedge
- The Epidemic Of Bad Ideas | ZeroHedge
- Exposing The "Fake News" Censorship Industry | ZeroHedge
- It’s Finally Morning Again In America, And A New Day For Our Country Starts Now | ZeroHedge
- One Hour After Taking Office, Trump Suspends FHA Mortgage Fee Cut | ZeroHedge
- Summing Up 8 Years Of Barack Obama | ZeroHedge
- Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman 2016 Pay: $22,500,000 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Trump and Putin’s relationship is headed for a divorce | Business Insider
- Watch protesters and Trump supporters get into a fiery argument on... | Business Insider
- You're wasting money if you use a modem from your cable company —... | Business Insider
- Trump addresses the CIA: 'I am with you 1,000%' | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Sony slashed over $100 off the price of one of my favorite pairs of headphones | Business Insider
- Robert Kraft's gutsy $175 million investment in the New England Patriots has paid... | Business Insider