Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Shale Industry Is Painfully Adapting to Low Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Kotlikoff: America "Dead Broke" - $199 Trillion in the Red | Financial Sense
- Deep Underground Military Bases? California Hit By Mysterious Clockwork "Booms" Daily For Years | ZeroHedge
- "As Long As All The Offensive Shit Is Verbatim, I'm Fine With It" | ZeroHedge
- "Politically Correct" German MP Demands Probe Over Police Shooting Of Axe-Wielding Jihadist | ZeroHedge
- In First "Emergency" Decree, Erdogan Seizes Thousands Of Hospitals, Schools, Charities | ZeroHedge
- A Post Western World? A Disturbing Interview With Prof. Harry Redner | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's what a standard serving size of each of your... | Business Insider
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider
- Yahoo is the latest piece of Verizon's $10 billion plan to challenge Facebook and... | Business Insider
- Instagram fitness stars are creating a new problem | Business Insider
- The absolute best cosplay photos from San Diego Comic-Con 2016 | Business Insider
- The new 'Harry Potter' is 2016’s best... | Business Insider
- Malcolm Gladwell tells us about his beef with... | Business Insider