Groupon Bounces Back
If you picked up Groupon (GRPN) shares at the start of September then you timed it perfectly. Groupon shares have bounced back 28% this month and are no longer a stock under $5.
However if you bought Groupon shares back in February you would be down 77%. Groupon is a highly volatile stock and you can get burned if you trade on the wrong day. Groupon shares are more than a buck from its four dollar 52-week low. Today Groupon shares had a stellar day finishing at $5.34 for a 13.8% gain.
Groupon shares jumped today after the company announced its mobile card reader. It allows merchants to accept credit and debit cards by swiping them through a card reader attached to an iPhone or iPod touch. Groupon is guaranteeing it has the cheapest rates — and will beat a merchant's current rates if it doesn't.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Mobile card reader is fine and dandy but it doesn't guarantee the stock becomes a 10 bagger from this point.
Mastery would love to say its all sunshine and butterflies from here on out for GRPN but that's crazy pills.
For those of you looking for a stock in the $5 range with a ton of volume, always in the news, jumps 10% +/- in a single day -- this is your play.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buy the VIX and Sell Equities into June Rate Hikes (Video) | ZeroHedge
- BCA: Global Equities Hanging By a Thread | Financial Sense
- Martin Armstrong Warns The Rise Of Nationalism Throughout Europe Is Inevitable | ZeroHedge
- 6 Giant Corporations Control The Media, And Americans Consume 10 Hours Of "Programming" A Day | ZeroHedge
- What the Greek Deal Does and Does Not Do | Financial Sense
- Self Employment Tax Penalties Continue To Plague Small Businesses | ZeroHedge
- How The Senate Just Took "A Hatchet To American Liberty" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Japan's prime minister publicly scolded Obama to his face over '... | Business Insider
- BMW has created 100 years worth of incredible machines — here are some of the best | Business Insider
- The top 5 must-know retail trends in mobile and social... | Business Insider
- 19 unprofessional habits that could cost you a job | Business Insider
- Electric-car startup Faraday Future is already in expansion mode | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider