Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NATO Is Harboring ISIS, And Here's The Evidence | ZeroHedge
- It's A Fake, Fake, Fake America | ZeroHedge
- Ask The Expert - Steve St. Angelo! | ZeroHedge
- Then On My Way To the Doctor, This Happened | Altucher Confidential
- The Good Ol' Days: When Tax Rates Were 90 Percent | ZeroHedge
- Presenting SocGen's 5 Black Swans For 2016 | ZeroHedge
- The Fundamental Truth of the Market Matter | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LeBron leads Cavs past Magic, joins Robertson on elite... | Business Insider
- How George Osborne magicked up £18.7 billion to... | Business Insider
- An Italian company created an electric bike that will message you if... | Business Insider
- Kate Spade outlet stores are being accused of fooling... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Pastor among 8 indicted in fatal New York church beating | Business Insider
- A drone captured breathtaking footage of these surfers'... | Business Insider