Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "It's Not Abenomics, It's The Weather" Japanese Econ Minister Admits Growth Is Weak | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Carry Trade: U.S. Banks Buying Treasuries | Financial Sense
- VIX Has Never Done This Before... Ever | ZeroHedge
- Europe Demands Banks Hand Over Their Lunch Money Following Swiss Franc Libor Rigging | ZeroHedge
- EMERGENCY ASSHAT AWARD: COLLIN GILLIS | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed's Comfort Zone (In 1 Simple Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China's Q3 GDP growth falls to five-year low at 7... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Ben Bernanke Gave A Private Speech To High-Powered Investors In Tokyo, Here's What He... | Business Insider
- Marc Andreessen Slams Paul Krugman's Attack On Amazon | Business Insider
- Here's Why Amazon's Jeff Bezos Is The Highest-Performing CEO... | Business Insider
- IBM Plunges Following Huge Third-Quarter Earnings Miss and Asset Sale | TheStreet.com
- CHARTS: Guys Like Women In Their Early 20s Regardless Of How... | Business Insider