Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- RBC Emergency Market Update: "Big Trouble For Consensus Trades" | ZeroHedge
- America's March To Default | ZeroHedge
- As Market Tumbles, Investors Rush Into Safe Haven SNAP After Mass Wall Street Upgrade | ZeroHedge
- US Confirms Coalition Airstrike In Mosul May Have Killed As Many As 240 Civilians | ZeroHedge
- Trump Creates New Office For Son-In-Law Kushner To Overhaul Government | ZeroHedge
- Major Bull Sees Much Smaller Returns for 2017 | Financial Sense
- Buckle Up, the Bank of Japan Has Blown Up the Markets (Again) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Another oil glut is coming in 2018 | Business Insider
- White House disputes report that Trump gave Merkel a $374 billion bill... | Business Insider
- 5 things you didn't know you needed for your next workout | Business Insider
- How to become a robo advisor and craft the optimal... | Business Insider
- Tesla is about to confront dueling best- and worst-case scenarios, and anything... | Business Insider
- These are the watches worn by the most powerful CEOs in the world | Business Insider
- The battle against one of the nation's biggest epidemics is now being waged... | Business Insider