Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 4 Mainstream Media Articles Mocking Gold That Should Make You Think | ZeroHedge
- Pending Home Sales Plunge Most Since 2013, Holdout Buyers Blamed | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: China’s Holding of Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Threat Of Cyber War – “Other Reason To Own Physical Gold” – Rickards | ZeroHedge
- MeiN CoiF! | ZeroHedge
- The Disgusting #hashtag | iBankCoin.com
- Could Trump Win? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A family found $1 million worth of Spanish coins off... | Business Insider
- A Texas lawmaker just compared Planned Parenthood to Nazi Germany | Business Insider
- Greece's Tsipras: Party rebels could force an early... | Business Insider
- The director of 'True Detective' season 1 is unveiling a new Netflix... | Business Insider
- Photos of New Zealand's glow worm-filled cave world... | Business Insider
- Tigres held by River in Copa Libertadores stalemate | Business Insider
- 4 reasons you're more qualified for your dream job than you think | Business Insider