Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Has Gone Wrong With Oil Prices, Debt, & GDP Growth? | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Biggest Test So Far | ZeroHedge
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- Portland "Orecrats" Target Income Inequality: Pass Massive 25% Tax On Corps With "Excessive CEO Pay" | ZeroHedge
- Jamie Dimon Named Chairman Of Business Roundtable Scoring Another Key D.C. Post For Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- "China Should Build More Nuclear Arms, ICBMs In Response To Trump": Local Press | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Comes Back Bid, but Still Vulnerable to Corrective Pressures | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Syrian army reportedly seizes Aleppo Old City from rebels... | Business Insider
- Leaked NSA document says metadata collection is one of agency's 'most useful tools... | Business Insider
- Sigfox targets 2018 IPO | Business Insider
- GENE MUNSTER: What to expect from Apple 'the fortress... | Business Insider
- Rahm Emanuel personally delivers letter to Trump asking him to shield... | Business Insider
- 10 misused words that can make even smart people look stupid | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about the Thai economy | Business Insider