Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- December Rate Hike Considerations | Financial Sense
- Is Oil About to Rollover? | Financial Sense
- US Futures, Global Stocks, Metals Rise On Economic Confidence, Upbeat Earnings | ZeroHedge
- All I Want To Do Is Play | Altucher Confidential
- Tesla Now Fully Able to Self-Drive Safer Than Humans | Financial Sense
- Is China About to Go “Scorched Earth” on the US Dollar? | ZeroHedge
- America's "Two-Party System" Has Jumped The Shark | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Access an exclusive BI Intelligence report for FREE today | Business Insider
- These sheets are one of the biggest viral-marketing... | Business Insider
- 9 behind-the-scenes photos from the making of 'The Walking Dead' season... | Business Insider
- A Navy SEAL told us why we should 'do something that... | Business Insider
- The Canadian dollar is surging after the Bank of Canada said... | Business Insider
- Here's what it's really like to have obsessive-compulsive disorder | Business Insider
- Obamacare premiums are going up by an average of... | Business Insider