Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
- Big Four Economic Indicators See Strong Advance | Financial Sense
- Potential for "Very High" Natural Gas Spikes This Year, Says Energy Analyst | Financial Sense
- Democrats Told "Don't Mention 'Economic Recovery' - It's A Political Loser" | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Collapses In Japan | ZeroHedge
- Reports Are Not Yet Confirming Slowdown Was All Weather Related | Financial Sense
- Shareholder Value: Getting Rich Slowly | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Is How Much Startup Founders Pay Themselves (And It's Less Than You... | Business Insider
- Iran Explains Why An American Plane Was... | Business Insider
- IT'S OFFICIAL: Americans Have Already Forgotten One Of The... | Business Insider
- These Scientists Made This Music Track Way Cooler... | Business Insider
- Dear Geeks: You Are Hilarious And These Amazon Product Reviews Prove It | Business Insider
- You Can Make Wonder Material Graphene In Your Kitchen | Business Insider
- Here's How To Opt Out Of Those Annoying Targeted... | Business Insider