Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Herbalife Surges After Icahn Denies WSJ Selling Report, Says He Bought Another 2.3 Million Shares | ZeroHedge
- The Real Threat... Violence From The Left | ZeroHedge
- What the New SEC Money Market Fund Regulations Mean for the Financial System | Financial Sense
- In Surprising Twist, Ackman Named As Potential Buyer Of Icahn Herbalife Stake | ZeroHedge
- Policy Error? Treasury Curve Crashes To Dec 2007 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Enters The Media Wars | ZeroHedge
- Crude Lifts After Rising Oil Rig Count Trend Ends | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- PAUL TUDOR JONES: 'We have to think outside the box' | Business Insider
- Mercedes-Maybach rivals Tesla with a new... | Business Insider
- The IMF made Greece a sacrificial lamb to save the euro | Business Insider
- This watch originally designed for Navy SEALs is one of the toughest on the market | Business Insider
- Companies keep using this trick to make their earnings look better | Business Insider
- I was a crisis negotiator for 23 years — here's what it's... | Business Insider
- Mika Brzezinski trashes Trump on 'Morning Joe': You don't know '... | Business Insider