Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Boosted by Caterpillar (CAT) Earnings | Financial Sense
- Russian Ruble Soars Over 5% (Swings Most Since 1998) On Intervention, Rate-Hike Rumors | ZeroHedge
- Disillusioned Millennials Dump Democrats, Blame Obama | ZeroHedge
- The Green Bird Scowl at Shorts | iBankCoin.com
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- The Day The Market Crashed - The Sequel | ZeroHedge
- LET’S TALK ABOUT SOMETHING IMPORTANT | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The No. 1 Thing Richard Branson Cares About When Hiring | Business Insider
- The Mobile Payment Industry Is About To Explode, With Apple Leading The Way | Business Insider
- Asia shares rally after US growth figures | Business Insider
- Smartwatches Are The Breakout Category That Will Finally Ignite The Wearable... | Business Insider
- This App Lets You Stream Mobile Games Online, And It... | Business Insider
- Jake Gyllenhaal Goes Psycho In His Dark New Movie 'Nightcrawler' | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Starbucks' Mobile App Is Going... | Business Insider