Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Billionaire Capital Turns Into Ghost Town: "Home Contracts Down 80%", Trophy-Cars Pile Up In Showrooms | ZeroHedge
- Fed Admits It Has No Clue | Financial Sense
- Truth in Numbers | Financial Sense
- "America Is On Our Side": Al-Nusra Commander Tells German Press US Is Arming Jihadists | ZeroHedge
- DeuTSCHe BaNK EXPLaiNeD... | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Is The Highest In 9 Years (& The Lowest Since 2015) | ZeroHedge
- DOJ Is Assessing Size Of Criminal Penalty It Can Levy On Volkswagen "Without Putting Company Out Of Business" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hybrid robo-advisors will manage 10% of all... | Business Insider
- Target chief digital officer exits as retailer lags in... | Business Insider
- 3 things an MIT scientist learned about how Donald Trump speaks by studying his debates | Business Insider
- Food delivery company FreshDirect has raised $189 million in... | Business Insider
- A new study finds that Earth is the warmest it's been in the... | Business Insider
- You can save on great cases for your new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus today | Business Insider
- Iconic hedge fund manager Perry Capital is... | Business Insider