Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- O'Keefe Drops "Bombshell" Undercover Footage From Within CNN | ZeroHedge
- Reddit Caught Censoring Posts Using The Term “Rothschild” | ZeroHedge
- Trump Administration Unveils First Step In Building Border Wall | ZeroHedge
- It's Bubble Time | ZeroHedge
- Significant Stock Market Narrative Development: There is a Westerly Trump Wind Underneath It | ZeroHedge
- Solar Installations Surge 95% In 2016 | Financial Sense
- A Bad Plan Is Better Than No Plan | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The longest-serving US diplomat implicitly rebuked... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- It might be time to create an international terrorism court | Business Insider
- One of the founders of Apple tells us a great story about Steve Jobs... | Business Insider
- Syria's warring factions... | Business Insider
- OMNICHANNEL STRATEGY BUNDLE: Your guide to... | Business Insider
- FBI rejects White House request to publicly debunk Russia stories | Business Insider