Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Greece Still a Country if Someone Else Owns Its Assets? | Financial Sense
- How Healthcare Is Dooming the U.S. Economy (Three Charts) | Financial Sense
- The Stock Market - A Picture Of Excess | ZeroHedge
- More and More Outlets Are Suggesting a Carry Tax on Physical Cash | ZeroHedge
- "The Greek Endgame Is Here": Probability Of IMF Default Now 70%, Says Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- UMich Consumer Sentiment Slumps To 6-Month Lows, Current Conditions Tumble | ZeroHedge
- Louis Gave: This Is the Single Most Important Thing Happening in the Financial World Today | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Apple has a new '... | Business Insider
- Greece looms large over final day of G7 finance meeting | Business Insider
- Federer, Sharapova take French Open centre stage | Business Insider
- Pakistan beat Zimbabwe to take one-day series | Business Insider
- This is the Chinese version of Google Glass and it's only a fraction... | Business Insider
- The 25 business schools that offer the best education | Business Insider