Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Peak Irony: Mexico Wants To Build The Wall To Stop Illegal Immigration | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jul 25, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Foreign Central Banks Flee From Ugly, Tailing 2Y Treasury Auction, Lowest Bid To Cover Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Are Catching Down To Oil's Plunge | ZeroHedge
- "Billionaires For Billary": Mike Bloomberg Will Endorse Hillary | ZeroHedge
- FBI Launches Probe Of 'Putin/Trump' DNC Cyber-Attack | ZeroHedge
- Acampora: With Rates at These Levels, Stocks May Have Years Left to Run | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 50 places in Europe you need to visit in your lifetime | Business Insider
- This country could be the next winner in the South China Sea | Business Insider
- A Texas police officer was shot dead at his home near Austin | Business Insider
- 14 signs you're a terrible employee — even if it doesn't feel like it | Business Insider
- Watch a cat get a CAT scan at a super-advanced animal... | Business Insider
- DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will resign after the Democratic... | Business Insider
- On one day a year there's a 'magical jump' of activity on dating apps... | Business Insider