Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Libya May Be Focus Of Major Rift Between US And Regional Allies | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- The Market Doesn’t Know How Stupid You Are | iBankCoin.com
- "Happy" Labor Day | ZeroHedge
- When A Marketing Campaign Goes Horribly Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Deja Vu - Someone Tell The Gold-Manipulating-Machines The Market's Shut | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap August 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fukushima workers to sue TEPCO for danger pay | Business Insider
- Pakistan minister condemns protests as lawmakers back PM | Business Insider
- Lesotho PM heading home after 'coup' | Business Insider
- The 10 Cities Most At Risk Of Being Hit By Natural Disasters | Business Insider
- The Laundromat Vs. New Laundry Apps: Which Is Better Value? | Business Insider
- When Is The iPhone 6 Coming Out? Probably September 19... (AAPL) | Business Insider
- This Startup Wants You To Control Everything In Your Home By Pointing At What You Want | Business Insider