Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Grand Jury Decision Unlikely This Weekend As Private Security Move "Guns & Gold" Out Of Ferguson | ZeroHedge
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets During Thanksgiving Week | ZeroHedge
- ON STRaTeGY... | ZeroHedge
- Pity the Sub-Genius | ZeroHedge
- Your Role In The World Explained (In 1 Simple Sketch) | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Sees Record Foreign Inflows As Economic Indicators Reach Decade Highs | Financial Sense
- The Worst Case If The Oil Slump Continues: "A Profit Recession" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- UK police chief claims '4 or 5' terror plots foiled | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- A Boost In German Business Confidence Just Gave Angela Merkel Some Room To Breathe | Business Insider
- Why Silicon Valley's Elites Are Obsessed With Poker | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: So Far, Larry Summers Has Been Wrong About The US Economy (GS) | Business Insider
- Google Is Closing Its Google Glass Stores — Here's What They Looked... | Business Insider
- 10 Surprising Things That Are Worth Less Than Apple | TheStreet.com