Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- McClellan: "Gobs of Liquidity" to Fuel Markets Higher | Financial Sense
- Portland Rose Parade Cancelled Amid Violent Threats From Anti-Fa: "You've Seen How Much Power We Have... Police Can't Stop Us" | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Asks "Does Washington Plan To Nuke Russia & China?" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Touts Achievements, Blames Dems For Disappointments, Blasts Media In 100-Day Rally | ZeroHedge
- Trump Slams "Disrespectful" North Korea After Unsuccessful Missile-Test, Warns Situation Is "Bad" | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Machine-Gun Wielding Robots And 'HyperSubs' Of Modern Warfare | ZeroHedge
- How Bitcoin, The Internet, and The Startup Societies Foundation Got One Man Out of Venezuela | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOLDMAN SACHS: This negative stock market signal... | Business Insider
- Move over Putin — Trump's got a new man crush | Business Insider
- Alphabet just revealed details of a... | Business Insider
- Trump on Ted Cruz: 'Like. Dislike. Like.' | Business Insider
- A cofounder of an investing business that's changing Wall Street talks finance, tech... | Business Insider
- There are a handful of remaining Blockbusters in the US — here's a... | Business Insider
- Trump will speak with Singapore's and Thailand's leaders... | Business Insider