Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Buy: $FRO | iBankCoin.com
- Market Rally Continues Along With QE | ZeroHedge
- Waiting for the Beard to Come In | iBankCoin.com
- THE GIMP IS OUT | iBankCoin.com
- When Central Banks Buy Stocks | Financial Sense
- Mystery Sponsor Of Weapons And Money To Syrian Mercenary "Rebels" Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Note the Weak Ones, Too | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Groupon Founder Andrew Mason Says He's... | Business Insider
- How It Would Look If Men Posed The Way Female American Apparel Models... | Business Insider
- Why The US Open Finals Moving To ESPN Is A Huge Win For... | Business Insider
- Our Excel Spreadsheet For The Preakness Says You Should NOT Bet On Orb, Even Though... | Business Insider
- Apple's Next iPhone Is... | Business Insider
- Google CEO Larry Page... | Business Insider
- New Yorkers Are Livid Over Photos Taken Through Their Apartment Windows | Business Insider