Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: March 30 | ZeroHedge
- First Europe, Now The Gulf's Leaders Agree To Form United Arab Military Force | ZeroHedge
- Driverless Cars Poised to Transform Automotive Industry | Financial Sense
- Big Four Economic Indicators Weaken – Weather or Recession? | Financial Sense
- According To The TSA, You May Be A Terrorist If... | ZeroHedge
- ‘Peak Gold’ in 2015? - Goldman Sachs Research Warns of Peak Gold Production | ZeroHedge
- Chances For Diplomatic Solution To Ukraine Conflict "Slim", Soc Gen Says | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An Upper East Side apartment that looks like a replica of Versailles just listed... | Business Insider
- See what happens when colorblind people see color for the first... | Business Insider
- Banking behemoths are getting outmatched by Wall... | Business Insider
- There's a problem with Gmail right now | Business Insider
- French lawmakers debate punishing prostitutes or clients | Business Insider
- Vettel stuns Hamilton to win Malaysia Grand Prix | Business Insider
- Starc truth a lesson for future one-dayers | Business Insider