Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Current Oil Price Slump Far From Over | Financial Sense
- Market Recap Jul 1, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- For The Bookies The Referendum Outcome Is Clear: Paddy Power Pays Out For "Yes" Votes | ZeroHedge
- Domestic Auto Sales Tumble, Miss For 6th Of Last 7 Months (Don't Tell Phil LeBeau) | ZeroHedge
- Who Will Be The Last To Crash? | ZeroHedge
- Athens On The Potomac - It Could Never Happen Here, Right? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: June 30 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Uber is reportedly losing boatloads of money | Business Insider
- Rare case of wallaby fostering tree kangaroo in pouch | Business Insider
- One CEO explains why he refuses to have an office | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- This Londoner is raising thousands for a... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Greece isn't panicking about capital controls because millions of people... | Business Insider