Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Caught On Tape: National Guard Troops Patrol California City, Conduct New Jersey "Homeland Response Drill" | ZeroHedge
- BCA: Geopolitical Forces Likely to Push Oil Lower Near Term | Financial Sense
- DoRKa THe GeeK... | ZeroHedge
- Early Q1 Reports Come In | Financial Sense
- US Navy Sends Aircraft Carrier, Warships To Intercept Iranian Weapons Shipments In Yemeni Waters | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Developer Kaisa Officially Defaults, Restructures Debt | ZeroHedge
- "Surviving Or Thriving" - What Canada's 40% Surge In Meat Prices Means For Ordinary People | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Navy's bribery and prostitution scandal... | Business Insider
- After the collapse of Sweet Briar,... | Business Insider
- Mark Hamill felt forced into returning for 'Star Wars... | Business Insider
- The depressing reason the Mediterranean migrant crisis won... | Business Insider
- HSBC analysts expect Tesco to come booming back from its worst results in a... | Business Insider
- Tsunami warning after 6.8 magnitude quake hits Okinawa:... | Business Insider
- The modern prison system was created in Benjamin... | Business Insider