Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- W-I-L-D! | ZeroHedge
- JPM Head Quant: Expect Up To $300 Billion In Program Selling, "5-10% Near-Term Downside To The S&P500" | ZeroHedge
- The US Government Will Spend $1.25 Million To Develop A Propaganda Cartoon For Pakistan | ZeroHedge
- Forget Brexit, This Is The Ticking Time Bomb For The Markets | ZeroHedge
- Derivative Strategist Warns Of $150 Billion In Quant Selling Over The Next Three Days | ZeroHedge
- 750,000 Californians Past The Age Of 65 Are Still Working | ZeroHedge
- "See EU Later" - On The Front Covers Of UK Newspapers Today | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How lesbians became Subaru's 'perfect customers' | Business Insider
- The 20 best countries to live in, according to millennials | Business Insider
- comScore begins tracking offline foot traffic and sales | Business Insider
- How old 17 self-made billionaires were when they made their... | Business Insider
- 5 apps to help you get your finances in check | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Turmoil at one of the world's largest oil producers might drive up prices | Business Insider