Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Seven Decades Of Data Prove This Is A Really Dumb Idea... (But They'll Do It Anyway) | ZeroHedge
- The Mystery Deepens: Dutch Central Bank Denies Reports It Bought Gold For The First Time In 17 Years | ZeroHedge
- Chairman Of Joint Chiefs Honors Dead Saudi King With Essay Competition - Here's Our Entry | ZeroHedge
- US Services PMI Improves But New Orders Drop To Post-Recession Low | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Franc Slumps Most Since September 2011 | ZeroHedge
- China Leading Index Plunges To 6 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- New Long | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stocks Haven't Been This Expensive In 10 Years | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Anti-austerity Syriza wins historic Greek election... | Business Insider
- Man 'Off His Face' On Booze And Cocaine Got GCHQ Director's Number And Was Even... | Business Insider
- Australia Iron Ore Has Crashed | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: After The ECB's QE Announcement, Here's What Happens Next In Europe (GS,... | Business Insider
- These Two Charts Explain Why Kleiner Perkins Wanted To Buy This Four-Year-Old VC... | Business Insider