Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia’s Crisis Is Europe’s Crisis | Financial Sense
- "Houston, You Have A Problem" - Texas Is Headed For A Recession Due To Oil Crash, JPM Warns | ZeroHedge
- Judge Rules Obama's Abuse Of Executive Orders Is "Unconstitutional" | ZeroHedge
- Credit Doesn't Care What the FOMC Says: The "Recovery" That Never Was Is Over | ZeroHedge
- Belarus In Full-Blown Hyperinflation Panic: Blocks News, Online Stores; Bans All FX Trading For 2 Years | ZeroHedge
- Conrad Black: The Saudis Fear Western Alliance With Iran; Crashing Oil Is Their Retaliation | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Refuses To Cut Oil Output Even If Non-OPEC Members Do | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Seeing This Spectacular Sunrise From A Hot Air Balloon At The Edge Of Space Costs $75,000 | Business Insider
- Russia to impose customs controls to limit cereal exports... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- One Important Reason Nike Continues to Dunk the Competition | TheStreet.com
- These Will Be The 12 Biggest Movies Of 2015 | Business Insider