Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Long-Term Look at Inflation | Financial Sense
- The First Victims of the End of QE – Small Cap Stocks and Junk Bonds | Financial Sense
- Macro Weakness Sends Stocks Reeling, All Indices Red Post-MH17 | ZeroHedge
- China's Solution To “Property Companies Facing Huge Debt Burdens”: Much More Debt | ZeroHedge
- Spanish Bond Yields Tumble Below 2.5% - Lowest In History | ZeroHedge
- How To Go Out At The Top | Altucher Confidential
- Euro Eases to New 2014 Lows | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US: Here's Proof Russia Is Shelling Ukrainian Troops — Russia:... | Business Insider
- Dems Say Paul Ryan's Poverty Plan Is 'Not Fooling Anyone... | Business Insider
- 3 Risks Every Leader Should Take | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- New York Has A New 'Millionaire Lair' For The Hard-Partying Elite | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek