Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oxygen & Markets - Why The Collapse Is Coming | ZeroHedge
- Why the Next Crisis Will Be Worse Than 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Trump Can Win The GOP Nomination | ZeroHedge
- Why The Rally Just Fizzled: Draghi's "Puff" Was Not Enough | ZeroHedge
- The Whipsaw Continues | iBankCoin.com
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Close to New All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Is China Dumping US Treasuries? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Former Austin police officer charged in girlfriend's... | Business Insider
- Grand opening: College football starts, playoff talk begins... | Business Insider
- There are two different Europes right now — Germany and France | Business Insider
- Can Clinton candidacy unravel over her emails? | Business Insider
- Here's how we ranked the best US cities to change your job | Business Insider
- Brazil economy minister rumors add to jitters | Business Insider
- 2 papal parades planned in Philadelphia, plus extra... | Business Insider