Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Began Building A New Position – VOC | iBankCoin.com
- Spilling Over | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: October 1 | ZeroHedge
- VIX Options Halted As CBOE Breaks | ZeroHedge
- Meet The 17-Year-Old Leader Of The Hong Kong Protests | ZeroHedge
- ISM Biggest Miss Since January: Orders Tumble, Employment Slides, Backlogs Contract, Construction Spending Negative | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Are On THE Line | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Today (GPRO, MSFT, AAPL, NFLX) | Business Insider
- Apple's Design Guru Jony Ive Really Likes This $1,100 Lamp From A Famous Italian... | Business Insider
- Incredible Maps Show How Working-Class Neighborhoods... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Mongolia Has To Change Its Railroads To Account For An 85... | Business Insider
- 6 Londoners Inadvertently Agree To Trade Their Oldest Child For Public Wi-... | Business Insider