Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Militarized Schooling? "Newtown Was A Nuclear Bomb That Changed Everything" | ZeroHedge
- 4 Setups For Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- WTF White House Statement Of The Day: Syria Airstrikes Edition | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Revision Unexpected Rises On Alleged Jump In Capex To Highest Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
- As If Millions Of European Voices Suddenly Cried Out In Terror: US Threatens More Russian Sanctions | ZeroHedge
- You Always Double Down on 11 | iBankCoin.com
- Unsuspecting Winners | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Disconcerting Story Of How A 28-Year-Old Custodian Became A... | Business Insider
- 10 American Black Hawk Helicopters Were Accidentally Blanketed In Fire... | Business Insider
- White House Rushes To Clarify After Obama Said 'We Don... | Business Insider
- Canada's NATO Delegation Just Epically Trolled Russia With This Map Of Ukraine | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett Has Some Brilliant Advice For Investors Freaked Out About Geopolitics... | Business Insider
- The Most Simple Explanation Of Cloud Computing Ever, From Google (GOOG) | Business Insider
- 23 Tech Rock Stars Who Went To Harvard | Business Insider