Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GPRO HAS BOTTOMED | iBankCoin.com
- Which New World Order Are We Talking About? | ZeroHedge
- How Likely Is the Greek Bailout Strategy to Succeed? | Financial Sense
- Oil Price Collapse: Supply or Demand? | Financial Sense
- More Giant Craters Appear In Siberia, Scientists Nervous To Investigate | ZeroHedge
- VIX Broke A Major Record Last Week | ZeroHedge
- "Change" Indeed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google confirms plans to launch its own wireless service (GOOG... | Business Insider
- Unbelievable video of a man feeding alligators with his mouth in a Louisiana... | Business Insider
- Asian firms challenge Apple with snazzy new smartphones | Business Insider
- Memorial rally in Moscow for slain Russian opposition... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Here's how rich you'd be if you had bet $1,000 on Warren... | Business Insider