Cut and Paste on Corning
Corning Inc (GLW) has backed down again from the mid $14 range to the mid $13 range. In 2012 its been a monthly occurrence for GLW to drop around $1 before recovering after 5 to 10 trading sessions.
We feel this decline is no different and expect the stock to recover to mid $14 range again within 30 days. Play it safe and set your expectation for a 5 to 10% increase in the next 3 months.
We like that once again thanks to its discounted value Corning pays a 2.2% annual dividend yield. Since last Wednesday GLW has shed 5% and closed today at $13.60. You may be tired of hearing our argument for Corning so we turn to Tamara Rutter at Fool.com:
As part of the company's specialty materials segment, Gorilla Glass currently accounts for about 14% of Corning's revenue. We can expect that figure to grow in tandem with rising smartphone and tablet sales. According to a report from market research firm Display Search, sales of touchscreen devices will soar to $24 billion by 2017. That's a massive market and one in which Corning largely has the upper hand.
...Not enough to impress Mr. Market...
Shares of Corning are down 30% for the year, despite beating analyst expectations for its latest quarter. I think the market got this one wrong. Mr. Market can throw rocks at Corning's Gorilla Glass house, but it isn't shattering anytime soon. Strength in Corning's other businesses and increased demand for its Gorilla Glass should help ease the temporary weakness in its display technologies segment. In addition to its specialty materials business, the company's telecommunications unit is also packed with potential.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Refer to the article title, GLW is going to bounce back. Take a good look at what this stock has done in 2012, its almost a perfect sine wave.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Takes The Lead In Latest Bloomberg Poll As All Eyes Turn To Tonight's Debate | ZeroHedge
- "Hillary 2016" Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- “Gold Will Likely Soar To A Record Within Five Years" | ZeroHedge
- Houston Shooter Nathan Desai Found To Be Wearing Nazi Paraphernalia At Time Of Shooting | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- Chart: The Central Bankers’ Bubble – 2007 vs. Today | Financial Sense
- The Natural Gas War Burning Under Syria | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The CEO of a $60 million furniture startup explains why... | Business Insider
- This professional bridesmaid says losing her job as a copywriter was one of the best... | Business Insider
- This early warning indicator of looming financial risks is... | Business Insider
- Cold War-era allies are finally putting North Korea on... | Business Insider
- A rare 'Black Moon' will rise this Friday. Here's what that means | Business Insider
- PRESENTING: The most important charts in the world from the brightest... | Business Insider
- Charlotte lifts midnight curfew as their state of... | Business Insider