Cut and Paste on Corning
Corning Inc (GLW) has backed down again from the mid $14 range to the mid $13 range. In 2012 its been a monthly occurrence for GLW to drop around $1 before recovering after 5 to 10 trading sessions.
We feel this decline is no different and expect the stock to recover to mid $14 range again within 30 days. Play it safe and set your expectation for a 5 to 10% increase in the next 3 months.
We like that once again thanks to its discounted value Corning pays a 2.2% annual dividend yield. Since last Wednesday GLW has shed 5% and closed today at $13.60. You may be tired of hearing our argument for Corning so we turn to Tamara Rutter at Fool.com:
As part of the company's specialty materials segment, Gorilla Glass currently accounts for about 14% of Corning's revenue. We can expect that figure to grow in tandem with rising smartphone and tablet sales. According to a report from market research firm Display Search, sales of touchscreen devices will soar to $24 billion by 2017. That's a massive market and one in which Corning largely has the upper hand.
...Not enough to impress Mr. Market...
Shares of Corning are down 30% for the year, despite beating analyst expectations for its latest quarter. I think the market got this one wrong. Mr. Market can throw rocks at Corning's Gorilla Glass house, but it isn't shattering anytime soon. Strength in Corning's other businesses and increased demand for its Gorilla Glass should help ease the temporary weakness in its display technologies segment. In addition to its specialty materials business, the company's telecommunications unit is also packed with potential.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Refer to the article title, GLW is going to bounce back. Take a good look at what this stock has done in 2012, its almost a perfect sine wave.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Inside The Fed's Cold War Doomsday Bunker | ZeroHedge
- Puerto Rico Warns Of Imminent Government Shutdown Due To "Liquidity Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- Global Uncertainty With the Upper Hand | Financial Sense
- When Your Banana-Guy Starts Trading Stocks, You Know It's Over | ZeroHedge
- October 15th Bond Market Crash Explained | ZeroHedge
- WE GOT A CHART BREAK OUT | iBankCoin.com
- "F*ck This Court": Woman Who Took AK-47 To Jailbreak Pens Epic Rant Against Judge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Families of death row inmates, fearing worst, head to... | Business Insider
- This is the woman that convinced Marc Benioff to guarantee equal pay for women... | Business Insider
- Police dash cam video shows cop shooting and... | Business Insider
- Turkey, world leaders remember Gallipoli battle centenary... | Business Insider
- How Stephen Curry scored 6 points in 9 seconds to complete the most insane comeback of the... | Business Insider
- England cruise to nine-wicket triumph | Business Insider
- The 20 best apps for your new Apple Watch (AAPL) | Business Insider