Cut and Paste on Corning
Corning Inc (GLW) has backed down again from the mid $14 range to the mid $13 range. In 2012 its been a monthly occurrence for GLW to drop around $1 before recovering after 5 to 10 trading sessions.
We feel this decline is no different and expect the stock to recover to mid $14 range again within 30 days. Play it safe and set your expectation for a 5 to 10% increase in the next 3 months.
We like that once again thanks to its discounted value Corning pays a 2.2% annual dividend yield. Since last Wednesday GLW has shed 5% and closed today at $13.60. You may be tired of hearing our argument for Corning so we turn to Tamara Rutter at Fool.com:
As part of the company's specialty materials segment, Gorilla Glass currently accounts for about 14% of Corning's revenue. We can expect that figure to grow in tandem with rising smartphone and tablet sales. According to a report from market research firm Display Search, sales of touchscreen devices will soar to $24 billion by 2017. That's a massive market and one in which Corning largely has the upper hand.
...Not enough to impress Mr. Market...
Shares of Corning are down 30% for the year, despite beating analyst expectations for its latest quarter. I think the market got this one wrong. Mr. Market can throw rocks at Corning's Gorilla Glass house, but it isn't shattering anytime soon. Strength in Corning's other businesses and increased demand for its Gorilla Glass should help ease the temporary weakness in its display technologies segment. In addition to its specialty materials business, the company's telecommunications unit is also packed with potential.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Refer to the article title, GLW is going to bounce back. Take a good look at what this stock has done in 2012, its almost a perfect sine wave.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are Low Rates Responsible for High Valuations | Financial Sense
- Artist's Impression Of The First Thanksgiving | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Close At Recordest Highs Ensuring 'Confident' Black Friday, Despite Macro Massacre | ZeroHedge
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- Notes on Russia | Financial Sense
- A Tidal Wave of Gold Repatriations Could be Unleashed | ZeroHedge
- The Fed Concerned About “Importing” Disinflation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One Briton killed in Kabul suicide attack: Afghan police | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Steve Jobs Has Won 141 Patents Since His Death (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Durable... | StreetInsider.com
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, USO, OIL) | Business Insider