Cut and Paste on Corning
Corning Inc (GLW) has backed down again from the mid $14 range to the mid $13 range. In 2012 its been a monthly occurrence for GLW to drop around $1 before recovering after 5 to 10 trading sessions.
We feel this decline is no different and expect the stock to recover to mid $14 range again within 30 days. Play it safe and set your expectation for a 5 to 10% increase in the next 3 months.
We like that once again thanks to its discounted value Corning pays a 2.2% annual dividend yield. Since last Wednesday GLW has shed 5% and closed today at $13.60. You may be tired of hearing our argument for Corning so we turn to Tamara Rutter at Fool.com:
As part of the company's specialty materials segment, Gorilla Glass currently accounts for about 14% of Corning's revenue. We can expect that figure to grow in tandem with rising smartphone and tablet sales. According to a report from market research firm Display Search, sales of touchscreen devices will soar to $24 billion by 2017. That's a massive market and one in which Corning largely has the upper hand.
...Not enough to impress Mr. Market...
Shares of Corning are down 30% for the year, despite beating analyst expectations for its latest quarter. I think the market got this one wrong. Mr. Market can throw rocks at Corning's Gorilla Glass house, but it isn't shattering anytime soon. Strength in Corning's other businesses and increased demand for its Gorilla Glass should help ease the temporary weakness in its display technologies segment. In addition to its specialty materials business, the company's telecommunications unit is also packed with potential.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Refer to the article title, GLW is going to bounce back. Take a good look at what this stock has done in 2012, its almost a perfect sine wave.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Vote Chaos: McConnell Says No Vote Until Monday As Ryan Delays Presser "Until Further Notice" | ZeroHedge
- China's Largest Dairy Operator Suddenly Crashes 90% To Record Low, Muddy Waters Says "Worth Close To Zero" | ZeroHedge
- Dijsselbloem Must Go, But That Solves Nothing | ZeroHedge
- Schumer Says He Will Oppose Gorsuch Nomination, Threatens Filibuster | ZeroHedge
- French Elections: Populist Revolution Or Status Quo? | ZeroHedge
- Anti-Trump Propagandist David Brock Suffers Heart Attack | ZeroHedge
- NOW Can We Admit the War On Terror Has Failed? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Democrats press Trump's SEC nominee over his ties to Goldman Sachs | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- These are the 15 best airports in the... | Business Insider
- 'Subprime credit losses are accelerating': There's a problem in the auto loan... | Business Insider
- 9 things I no longer do with my money | Business Insider
- Some Mexicans want to retaliate against Trump by... | Business Insider
- NASA will soon launch Roomba-like robots to stalk and spy on astronauts | Business Insider