Cut and Paste on Corning
Corning Inc (GLW) has backed down again from the mid $14 range to the mid $13 range. In 2012 its been a monthly occurrence for GLW to drop around $1 before recovering after 5 to 10 trading sessions.
We feel this decline is no different and expect the stock to recover to mid $14 range again within 30 days. Play it safe and set your expectation for a 5 to 10% increase in the next 3 months.
We like that once again thanks to its discounted value Corning pays a 2.2% annual dividend yield. Since last Wednesday GLW has shed 5% and closed today at $13.60. You may be tired of hearing our argument for Corning so we turn to Tamara Rutter at Fool.com:
As part of the company's specialty materials segment, Gorilla Glass currently accounts for about 14% of Corning's revenue. We can expect that figure to grow in tandem with rising smartphone and tablet sales. According to a report from market research firm Display Search, sales of touchscreen devices will soar to $24 billion by 2017. That's a massive market and one in which Corning largely has the upper hand.
...Not enough to impress Mr. Market...
Shares of Corning are down 30% for the year, despite beating analyst expectations for its latest quarter. I think the market got this one wrong. Mr. Market can throw rocks at Corning's Gorilla Glass house, but it isn't shattering anytime soon. Strength in Corning's other businesses and increased demand for its Gorilla Glass should help ease the temporary weakness in its display technologies segment. In addition to its specialty materials business, the company's telecommunications unit is also packed with potential.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Refer to the article title, GLW is going to bounce back. Take a good look at what this stock has done in 2012, its almost a perfect sine wave.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- “Hell Week II: The Revenge” Threatens Unrestrained Election Rejection | ZeroHedge
- “Total Fiasco, Utter Circus!” Cried The CIO Asking "What's The Next Big Trade?" | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Challenge of 2017 Directly Ahead for Gold, Stocks | Financial Sense
- Rally in Oil Continues on Global Cues, Saudi Cut | Financial Sense
- Cable Plunges To October Flash-Crash Lows After May's "Clean & Hard Brexit" Headlines | ZeroHedge
- A Hint of Gold Backwardation - Rising Gold Scarcity | ZeroHedge
- Debunking Loretta Lynch's One-Sided 'Chicago Cops Are Racist Villains' Statistics | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An exercise developed by Stanford professors will make you feel better about making... | Business Insider
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider
- Here are the qualifications of all 13 people who served as Secretary of Energy... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs just named a new head of its giant tech division | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Report: Peter Thiel may run for governor of California in... | Business Insider
- Will the Internet of Things be bigger than the... | Business Insider