GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Even The Fed's "Owners" Aren't Buying What Janet Is Selling | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Prepares To Liquidate Its Remaining Gold Holdings To Pay Coming Debt Maturities | ZeroHedge
- You Get What You Deserve | ZeroHedge
- Mainstream Media Guide To Obama's Economic "Recovery" | ZeroHedge
- Is Deutsche Bank Signaling A New Banking Crisis? | ZeroHedge
- Krinsky on Stock Market: Primary Trend Has Shifted to the Downside | Financial Sense
- 65,000% Spike In Reported Radioactivity After Tritium Leaks At Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- NBC's Chuck Todd had an awkward exchange with Donald Trump about how he treats... | Business Insider
- Coca-Cola has discovered an untapped market to save the soda business | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider
- 'Some of the biggest barriers to progress are white women... | Business Insider
- Steve Harvey makes fun of his Miss Universe gaffe... | Business Insider
- These gorgeous young twin models just got hired by Calvin Klein — and now they'... | Business Insider