GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Stumbles Below $49 As Goldman Warns "Lower For Even Longer" | ZeroHedge
- A Look at Long-Term Trends in Employment by Age Group | Financial Sense
- "Maybe It's Not The Guns... Maybe It's The People Holding The Guns" | ZeroHedge
- Tech Innovations You Should Watch: Light-Based Memory, Quantum Computing, and Wireless Charging | Financial Sense
- The 20 Habits of Eventual Millionaires | Altucher Confidential
- Fed Officials Call For NIRP… is a Physical Cash Ban Next After That? | ZeroHedge
- What The "Real F**king News" Would Look Like | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 25 best business schools for networking | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Palestinian stabs Jewish man in central Israeli city | Business Insider
- Microsoft, not Apple, is guiding the future of tablets now (MSFT, AAPL) | Business Insider
- Couples get silent treatment in London's new dating... | Business Insider
- Firing, suspension, retirement rock college football | Business Insider
- Actor Daniel Craig inspects UN's demining work in... | Business Insider