GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SAUT: Fade the Fed, Markets Now Dependent on Fiscal Policy | Financial Sense
- Dallas Fed Soars For 6th Straight Month To 11-Year Highs | ZeroHedge
- Maine Drops 9,000 From Food Stamps After Refusal To Comply With Work Requirements | ZeroHedge
- Shilling: We're Already in a Trade War with China | Financial Sense
- The U.S. Nuclear Energy Dream Is Dying | ZeroHedge
- Poland, Hungary Join Together To Challenge EU Bureaucracy | ZeroHedge
- After Trump Trolls Perez On Twitter, New Democrat Leader Vows To Be "Trump's Worst Nightmare" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The man who broke records by winning 74 games and $2.5 million on '... | Business Insider
- Under Armour's 'soaring' shoe sales reveal a terrible truth for the business | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- BUFFETT: Stocks are 'on the cheap side' and not in bubble territory (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The fight against Alzheimer's has suffered a hammer... | Business Insider
- A top Democratic senator opens up on why Hillary lost, how Democrats can counter... | Business Insider
- People are freaking out about Nicole Kidman's bizarre clap at the Oscars | Business Insider