GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Treasury Cracks Down On Tax Inversions | ZeroHedge
- Market Becoming Increasingly Selective; Focus on Strongest Areas | Financial Sense
- Strategy for the Dump in Gold | iBankCoin.com
- Global Leading Indicator Plunges To Economic "Slowdown", Goldman Warns | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: September 22 | ZeroHedge
- The US Ponzi Economy | ZeroHedge
- Monday Humor: Pot-Club-Owning Alaska Reporter, "F##k It, I Quit" Live On Air | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Republican Party Just Dumped A Whole Bunch Of Their Dirt On... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- American Honors America West, the Airline That Took Over the World | TheStreet.com
- Masked Gunmen Target Berlin Apple Store And Steal iPhone 6 Money (AAPL) | Business Insider
- People Are Getting Into Fights Outside Apple Stores Because No One In China Can Buy... | Business Insider
- China jails Uighur scholar for life for 'separatism... | Business Insider
- Here's A Breakdown Of The Speech That Won The World... | Business Insider