GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don't Want A Muslim Registry? Abolish The Census | ZeroHedge
- Sarah Palin Slams Trump Carrier Deal As "Crony Capitalism", "Corporate Welfare" | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Pays $60 Million To Settle Gold-Manipulation Lawsuit | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's Bear Case In 7 Steps: "We Are In The 98th Percentile Of Historical Valuations" | ZeroHedge
- A New Look - NYSE Margin Debt and the Market | Financial Sense
- In Mexico, a Trying Year for Trade | Financial Sense
- Redneck Investin Part 4 - Free on the Fringe | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A new player in Silicon Valley dealmaking is snapping up tech... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Apple asks the government to make it easier to develop self-driving... | Business Insider
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution... | Business Insider
- An effort to get ecstasy FDA-approved is entering a key final test | Business Insider
- Marvel just dropped the first full trailer for 'Guardians of the... | Business Insider
- 30 awesome stocking stuffers under $25 | Business Insider