GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Dramatic Outcome, Austria's Right Wing Presidential Candidate Is Defeated Thanks To Postal Votes | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- The Ebb and Flow of Inventories | Financial Sense
- Brazilian Risk Assets Slammed After New President Suffers First Corruption Scandal Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Pension Liabilities Jump 168%, Understated by $11.5 Billion | Financial Sense
- Can Oil Prices Hold Onto Gains at $50 Per Barrel? | Financial Sense
- Herbalife First Soars Then Dumps After FTC Settlement Report Is Denied | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Want to achieve better work-life balance? Don't check email on weekends, says... | Business Insider
- KFC chef reveals his favorite item on the menu — and it's the biggest... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right now (SPY, DJI, IXIC, IWIM) | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- The head of The Gates Foundation reveals the biggest challenge in the... | Business Insider
- Bill Cosby will stand trial on sexual assault charges... | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN SACHS: New Obama rule on overtime likely to add 100,000 jobs... | Business Insider