GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Number Of Middle Age Californians Living With Their Parents Soars | ZeroHedge
- US Judge Rules DoJ Must Release Drone Killing Rationale Documents | ZeroHedge
- Japan Trade Deficit Largest in History; Imports Soar, Exports Barely Up | Financial Sense
- Tuesday Humor: QE Was For "The Man On The Street" Says Chairman Emeritus Bernanke | ZeroHedge
- Who is Playing for a House of Cards? | iBankCoin.com
- David Stockman Blasts "America's Housing Fiasco Is On You, Alan Greenspan" | ZeroHedge
- The Rise Of The Fatty | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GitHub Founder Resigns After Harassment Accusation,... | Business Insider
- CHART: It Hasn't Been This Hard To Pick Stocks In 20 Years | Business Insider
- The Woman Who Accused GitHub's Founder Of Harassment Is Slamming The... | Business Insider
- Here Are All The Ways You Should Be Using LinkedIn's Apps But Probably Aren't | Business Insider
- Restaurants' Adoption Of Mobile... | Business Insider
- Airbnb Removed Thousands Of 'Illegal' Listings After Challenge... | Business Insider
- Rich Ex-Facebook Exec Is Still Working Because 'I Have Kids And I Don... | Business Insider