GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Handed Merkel $375 Billion Invoice For NATO Defenses During Recent Visit | ZeroHedge
- Praxis Seeks to Revive the Apprenticeship Model of Employment | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: Trump Rally Turns Violent After Provocations From 'Counter-Protesters' | ZeroHedge
- New Hedge Fund Fee Structures Reveal Traditional Model On Verge Of Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Pepe Escobar: Daesh, Creature Of The West | ZeroHedge
- Why Middle Class Whites Are Dying Faster (In 6 Painful Charts) | ZeroHedge
- Did Erdogan Just Hand Rutte The Dutch Election? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- The top 5 predictions for the future of digital | Business Insider
- 'Is he ready to apologize?': Fox News anchor confronts... | Business Insider
- Hedge fund traders from a legendary desk at Goldman Sachs... | Business Insider
- THE INTERNET OF THINGS 2017 REPORT: How the IoT is improving lives to transform the... | Business Insider
- One of the biggest hedge fund launches of... | Business Insider
- 5 things you didn't know you needed for your next workout | Business Insider