GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Flows Into European Equities Reaches Feverish Pitch, Consolidation Likely Ahead | Financial Sense
- Why There Is No Wage Growth In America | ZeroHedge
- Euro Basis Swaps Keep Diving | ZeroHedge
- Can Money Flows Push Equity Prices Much Higher? | Financial Sense
- Friendly Reminder: The House of Saud Hates You | iBankCoin.com
- China's Banks Cut Dividends Amid Rising Bad Loans, Expectations Of Falling NIM | ZeroHedge
- Market View Update - March 2015 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The shattered Co-op Bank slashed its losses by more than half last year | Business Insider
- 10 rules of success Andrew Carnegie used to become incredibly rich | Business Insider
- Two astronauts are about to launch on a crazy mission that will change how we... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Think twice before pulling up personal information online from a... | Business Insider
- Saudi strikes Yemen rebels as Iran warns of '... | Business Insider
- This top global CEO posts on Instagram up to six times a day — here's why | Business Insider