GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Zillow Said to Be Bidding for Trulia | iBankCoin.com
- ‘Apocalypse’ Krugman Ignores History, Keynes And Lenin’s Warnings | ZeroHedge
- 10,000 PERCENT! | iBankCoin.com
- The Future Is Smaller - That's The Only Way This Works | ZeroHedge
- China Seals Off Yumen City After Outbreak Of Bubonic Plague | ZeroHedge
- Foster’s: Australian for Breakout | iBankCoin.com
- Want To Outperform The Market, Buy Illiquid Stocks (And Pray) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Facebook Crushes Earnings And The Stock Soars To An All-Time High (FB) | Business Insider
- BOEHNER TO OBAMA: Tell Us Where You Stand On The Key Issue In The Border Crisis | Business Insider
- Judge 'Gives Girls Gone Wild' Founder $5,000 Daily Fine... | Business Insider
- Watching This Robot Trying To Open A Door Will Blow Your Mind | Business Insider
- 5 Awesome Google Features You Didn't Know About | Business Insider
- Leaked Court Documents Show How Much Steve Ballmer Is Willing To Overpay For The... | Business Insider
- A San Francisco Startup Has Plans To Blow Up The Egg Industry | Business Insider