GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shale Company Defaults On $175 MM In Bonds Without Making A Single Interest Payment | ZeroHedge
- The One Chart You Need To Predict The Future | ZeroHedge
- Corporate Buybacks at Record Levels | Financial Sense
- QE Inventor: It’s EASY to Create a Full-Blown Recovery, But Central Banks Chose to Make Banksters Rich Instead ... | ZeroHedge
- John Kerry: "Military Pressure May Be Needed To Oust Syria's President " | ZeroHedge
- Private Police: Mercenaries For The American Police State | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 6 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Humans just made history by reaching an icy dwarf planet for the first time | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, GOOG) | Business Insider
- NCAA suspends Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim for 9 games | Business Insider
- China lowers 2015 growth target to 'approximately 7%'... | Business Insider
- The oldest living CIA 'spy girl' reveals her... | Business Insider
- We already have some good news about the jobs number that hasn't come out yet | Business Insider
- Kerry briefs wary Gulf ministers after Iran nuclear talks... | Business Insider