GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Number One Factor Influencing Fed Monetary Policy | ZeroHedge
- The Search for Yield and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- "Hawkish" Yellen Speech Sparks Buying Spree In Everything (Except Dollars) | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross: Yellen's Economy "May Never Walk Normally Again, This Is Not Capitalism" | ZeroHedge
- Is This Hillary Clinton's Roadmap For America? | ZeroHedge
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand by 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- Hillary Clinton Enters The Media Wars | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bernie Sanders has big plans to keep his 'revolution... | Business Insider
- A job hunter whose ridiculous résumé 'weaknesses' are going viral highlights an... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- I was a crisis negotiator for 23 years — here's what it's... | Business Insider
- We played with the $1,000 case that stops your phone from spying on you | Business Insider
- One of the key men behind Bill Ackman's bet on... | Business Insider
- A US Navy minesweeper collided with a nuclear submarine | Business Insider