GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BOUGHT MOAR $BALT | iBankCoin.com
- US Equities Give Back All PBOC Rate-Cut Gains | ZeroHedge
- Japan Falls Into Surprise Recession | Financial Sense
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- "Me, The People" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 21, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- View From Far Above | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Athens' Abandoned Airport Looks Incredibly Eerie In These... | Business Insider
- Twitter Engineer Turned VC Mike Abbott: How To Get In On A Multi-Billion Market | Business Insider
- Here's Where You'll Find America's Wild Turkeys | Business Insider
- The New Head Of Cadillac Says It Isn't An... | Business Insider
- This Anonymous Account Of A UVA Rape Case Is Utterly Heartbreaking | Business Insider
- The 13 Best Custom iPhones Money Can Buy (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The Sleek Panther Drone Is The Perfect Way To Start Flying [55% Off] | Business Insider