GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bitcoin Spikes To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- China To Test New Weapons, Stage Live Fire Drills In Retaliation To US THAAD Deployment | ZeroHedge
- Alex Jones Slams CIA / DOJ War On Julian Assange: 'Trump Is SO Wrong On This' | ZeroHedge
- United Passenger Who Was Dragged Off Plane Settles With Airline | ZeroHedge
- The US Dollar and Stock Market Could Spike Higher Under Trump’s Tax Plan | Financial Sense
- Chicago Airport Security Chief Fired After United Airlines Debacle | ZeroHedge
- Government Shutdown Averted For 7 Days: Senate Passes Stopgap Spending Bill | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This bra is so comfortable and fits me so well I forgot I was wearing it | Business Insider
- Stunning photos of airports taken from space | Business Insider
- 'FYRE FESTIVAL ON:' Some attendees of the cursed $12,000... | Business Insider
- Oil slides after Libya restarts pumping for export | Business Insider
- Margaret Atwood has a small but violent cameo in 'The Handmaid's... | Business Insider
- We just got our first glimpse of Elon Musk's new tunnel company (... | Business Insider
- Microsoft misses slightly on revenue, but its all-important cloud business is stronger than... | Business Insider