GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Race to Diversify - Too Much Paper, Too Little Gold | Financial Sense
- When To Put On Bill Gross' Big Bund Short: Citi Explains | ZeroHedge
- Election ‘Chaos’ In UK Could Trigger ‘Lehman Moment’ For Pound | ZeroHedge
- "Crash Boys" - Michael Lewis Slays The Regulators In The Sarao Scapegoating Debacle | ZeroHedge
- Just 6 Charts | ZeroHedge
- "F*ck This Court": Woman Who Took AK-47 To Jailbreak Pens Epic Rant Against Judge | ZeroHedge
- The 7.5 Year Itch Starts Next Week | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 19 dazzling images of the most important discoveries in space | Business Insider
- I spotted a trend in the 1967 Arab-Israeli war, and it led to a legendary... | Business Insider
- One of Matt Damon's Harvard professors gave him... | Business Insider
- Total S.A. (TOT) May Sell Turkish Fuel Retail Business -... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's more proof that companies are jumping on Microsoft Office 365 like crazy... | Business Insider
- More than 700 reported dead after massive... | Business Insider
- Spurs keep Saints in check despite Pelle brace | Business Insider