GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deep Underground Military Bases? California Hit By Mysterious Clockwork "Booms" Daily For Years | ZeroHedge
- Celebrating 45 Years Of Phony Money | ZeroHedge
- Busting Media Myths On Peak Oil | ZeroHedge
- The Market For Lemons, The Market For Bullshit, And The Great Cascading Credence Crash Of 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Uncontrolled Refugeeism Will Be The Undoing Of Now-Ruling Political Class | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile At The DNC In Philly... | ZeroHedge
- 27-Year-Old Syrian Suicide Bomber Behind German Music Festival Attack That Injured 12 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Tour de France cyclist burns 6,071 calories a day — here's... | Business Insider
- 11 signs you're resilient — even if it doesn't feel... | Business Insider
- Instagram fitness stars are creating a new problem | Business Insider
- THE EVERYTHING SHIPPER: Amazon and the new age of delivery (... | Business Insider
- Almost one million Americans put themselves in danger every year... | Business Insider
- One dead, several injured in an explosion in Germany | Business Insider
- Chris Froome just won a wild Tour de France — here are the 6 most unforgettable... | Business Insider