No Longer a Nine Dollar Stock
Congrats to those that listened to us when we were pimping Ford Motor Co. (F) at $9.09. Today is was one of the few stocks that advanced amongst a day of recovery after the destruction of Hurricane Sandy.
We talked up Ford in July and made it explicit when we said 'Ford could be the ideal pick for your IRA'. Ford Motor shares rallied 8% today and closed at $11.16. Since our recommendation on Ford the stock has bounced back 18.5%, which is huge for a stock that traded under $10 at the time.
Now that trading has resumed the Street rewarded Ford of its best Q3 performance -- ever. Pre-tax profits came in at almost $2.2 billion in Q3 2012. There are still concerns with its amazing CEO Alan Mulally, after all, how much longer will he stick around? Europe is a ongoing concern, how much longer will it take for a turnaround, and will it ever occur?
Here's what we do know:
In North America Ford had pre-tax revenue of over $2.3 billion. That marks a huge increase from the $1.55 billion earned in Q3 2011. As of September 30, Ford's North American operations had generated nearly $6.5 billion in pre-tax revenue for the year, which is bigger than its pre-tax figure for all of 2011. Ford credits these numbers to its strong product lineup and brisk sales.
Say what you will of Ford but keep in mind they never took a bailout and have kept the American dream alive. Despite its 18% increase in share price since our recommendation Ford still packs a 1.79% annual dividend yield.
Ford Motor Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Naysayer Reality Check: Waymo’s Self-Driving Taxi Debuts in Phoenix, for Free | Financial Sense
- ViVa MaRooN…MaCRoN... | ZeroHedge
- Blistering Foreign Demand In Blockbuster 2 Year Auction; Highest Indirects In 8 Years | ZeroHedge
- Paul Brodsky: "Only The Court Jester Gets To Speak Truth To Power And Laugh About It" | ZeroHedge
- China To Test New Weapons, Stage Live Fire Drills In Retaliation To US THAAD Deployment | ZeroHedge
- "Amber Warning Sign" Issued For EURUSD Bulls | ZeroHedge
- S&P: These Ten Retailers Will File For Bankruptcy Next | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- Waymo started a war with Uber, and it could be Uber's downfall (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Defense Intelligence Agency: Michael Flynn never told us about his Russia... | Business Insider
- I learned how to control a screen with my mind, and the strange technique could... | Business Insider
- After half a dozen trips abroad, I'm convinced an old-school travel tool is always worth... | Business Insider
- Starbucks has mastered social media with the Unicorn... | Business Insider
- Merkel says recent events have 'severely hit' EU... | Business Insider