No Longer a Nine Dollar Stock
Congrats to those that listened to us when we were pimping Ford Motor Co. (F) at $9.09. Today is was one of the few stocks that advanced amongst a day of recovery after the destruction of Hurricane Sandy.
We talked up Ford in July and made it explicit when we said 'Ford could be the ideal pick for your IRA'. Ford Motor shares rallied 8% today and closed at $11.16. Since our recommendation on Ford the stock has bounced back 18.5%, which is huge for a stock that traded under $10 at the time.
Now that trading has resumed the Street rewarded Ford of its best Q3 performance -- ever. Pre-tax profits came in at almost $2.2 billion in Q3 2012. There are still concerns with its amazing CEO Alan Mulally, after all, how much longer will he stick around? Europe is a ongoing concern, how much longer will it take for a turnaround, and will it ever occur?
Here's what we do know:
In North America Ford had pre-tax revenue of over $2.3 billion. That marks a huge increase from the $1.55 billion earned in Q3 2011. As of September 30, Ford's North American operations had generated nearly $6.5 billion in pre-tax revenue for the year, which is bigger than its pre-tax figure for all of 2011. Ford credits these numbers to its strong product lineup and brisk sales.
Say what you will of Ford but keep in mind they never took a bailout and have kept the American dream alive. Despite its 18% increase in share price since our recommendation Ford still packs a 1.79% annual dividend yield.
Ford Motor Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Did We Go To War?" Terrified Indiana Residents Woken By Unannounced Military Exercise | ZeroHedge
- When a Dollar is Not a Dollar | ZeroHedge
- US Services PMI Tumbles, Misses By Most On Record "Dealing Blow To Q2 Rebound Hopes" | ZeroHedge
- All You Need To Know About The China Boom-Bust Cycle In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- In Today's Layoff News: Microsoft Fires 1,850; Intel Cuts 350; Shell Terminating 2,200 | ZeroHedge
- What It Takes To Be President Of The American Police State | ZeroHedge
- Can Oil Prices Hold Onto Gains at $50 Per Barrel? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One killed, 3 injured in shooting at New York concert venue | Business Insider
- This is why a US aircraft carrier is a force to be reckoned with | Business Insider
- 12 things you need before you head to the beach this weekend | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- People are getting worked up over these photos of US soldiers fighting ISIS in Syria | Business Insider
- Walmart is axing a popular ad-matching tool at 500 stores — and its a brilliant move | Business Insider
- Seven undercover inmates spent 2 months in jail — here are the most outrageous things... | Business Insider