No Longer a Nine Dollar Stock
Congrats to those that listened to us when we were pimping Ford Motor Co. (F) at $9.09. Today is was one of the few stocks that advanced amongst a day of recovery after the destruction of Hurricane Sandy.
We talked up Ford in July and made it explicit when we said 'Ford could be the ideal pick for your IRA'. Ford Motor shares rallied 8% today and closed at $11.16. Since our recommendation on Ford the stock has bounced back 18.5%, which is huge for a stock that traded under $10 at the time.
Now that trading has resumed the Street rewarded Ford of its best Q3 performance -- ever. Pre-tax profits came in at almost $2.2 billion in Q3 2012. There are still concerns with its amazing CEO Alan Mulally, after all, how much longer will he stick around? Europe is a ongoing concern, how much longer will it take for a turnaround, and will it ever occur?
Here's what we do know:
In North America Ford had pre-tax revenue of over $2.3 billion. That marks a huge increase from the $1.55 billion earned in Q3 2011. As of September 30, Ford's North American operations had generated nearly $6.5 billion in pre-tax revenue for the year, which is bigger than its pre-tax figure for all of 2011. Ford credits these numbers to its strong product lineup and brisk sales.
Say what you will of Ford but keep in mind they never took a bailout and have kept the American dream alive. Despite its 18% increase in share price since our recommendation Ford still packs a 1.79% annual dividend yield.
Ford Motor Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Today’s Trading Is All About Blinking First | ZeroHedge
- Fed's National Activity Index Plunges In May | ZeroHedge
- Gold Spikes Most In 7 Years To 27-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Britain Votes: All You Need To Know About Today's Brexit Referendum And What To Look For | ZeroHedge
- Spot Today's NYMEX Close Banging | ZeroHedge
- Derivative Strategist Warns Of $150 Billion In Quant Selling Over The Next Three Days | ZeroHedge
- VIX Jammed Back Below 20 As Dip-Buyers Surge After Limit-Down Halt | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the best college in America to attend if you want to make a high... | Business Insider
- 7 simple tips for charging your iPhone as quickly as possible | Business Insider
- Here's who's saving more — and less — for retirement than you are | Business Insider
- These are the thinnest laptops in the world | Business Insider
- Why another Google stock buyback could be on the way (GOOGL, GOOG) | Business Insider
- A big group of major business leaders just endorsed... | Business Insider
- Restaurants are using this method to keep you coming back (... | Business Insider