No Longer a Nine Dollar Stock
Congrats to those that listened to us when we were pimping Ford Motor Co. (F) at $9.09. Today is was one of the few stocks that advanced amongst a day of recovery after the destruction of Hurricane Sandy.
We talked up Ford in July and made it explicit when we said 'Ford could be the ideal pick for your IRA'. Ford Motor shares rallied 8% today and closed at $11.16. Since our recommendation on Ford the stock has bounced back 18.5%, which is huge for a stock that traded under $10 at the time.
Now that trading has resumed the Street rewarded Ford of its best Q3 performance -- ever. Pre-tax profits came in at almost $2.2 billion in Q3 2012. There are still concerns with its amazing CEO Alan Mulally, after all, how much longer will he stick around? Europe is a ongoing concern, how much longer will it take for a turnaround, and will it ever occur?
Here's what we do know:
In North America Ford had pre-tax revenue of over $2.3 billion. That marks a huge increase from the $1.55 billion earned in Q3 2011. As of September 30, Ford's North American operations had generated nearly $6.5 billion in pre-tax revenue for the year, which is bigger than its pre-tax figure for all of 2011. Ford credits these numbers to its strong product lineup and brisk sales.
Say what you will of Ford but keep in mind they never took a bailout and have kept the American dream alive. Despite its 18% increase in share price since our recommendation Ford still packs a 1.79% annual dividend yield.
Ford Motor Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production Rises Slightly | Financial Sense
- 'Smoking Gun' Email Confirms DNC Involvement In Inciting Violence At Trump Rallies | ZeroHedge
- The Federal Reserve Is Hillary Clinton's Secret Weapon | ZeroHedge
- EUR Jumps And Dumps, Stocks Slide As Draghi Suggests Nothing Lasts Forever | ZeroHedge
- As seen on Zero Hedge: The fix is in - wag the dog. | ZeroHedge
- Nigeria Slashes Oil Prices, Admits There Is A "Huge" Cargo Glut | ZeroHedge
- The Public Pension Time Bomb Is Starting to Explode | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A time-lapse map shows how wrong Donald Trump is about US... | Business Insider
- Washington Capitals player lost part of his ear... | Business Insider
- 27 things you can buy for a dollar | Business Insider
- Marvel released a gritty trailer for the final 'Wolverine'... | Business Insider
- The UK is hacking the Islamic State to support the fight... | Business Insider
- Here's what would happen if Donald Trump decided... | Business Insider
- The crime wave is a myth | Business Insider