No Longer a Nine Dollar Stock
Congrats to those that listened to us when we were pimping Ford Motor Co. (F) at $9.09. Today is was one of the few stocks that advanced amongst a day of recovery after the destruction of Hurricane Sandy.
We talked up Ford in July and made it explicit when we said 'Ford could be the ideal pick for your IRA'. Ford Motor shares rallied 8% today and closed at $11.16. Since our recommendation on Ford the stock has bounced back 18.5%, which is huge for a stock that traded under $10 at the time.
Now that trading has resumed the Street rewarded Ford of its best Q3 performance -- ever. Pre-tax profits came in at almost $2.2 billion in Q3 2012. There are still concerns with its amazing CEO Alan Mulally, after all, how much longer will he stick around? Europe is a ongoing concern, how much longer will it take for a turnaround, and will it ever occur?
Here's what we do know:
In North America Ford had pre-tax revenue of over $2.3 billion. That marks a huge increase from the $1.55 billion earned in Q3 2011. As of September 30, Ford's North American operations had generated nearly $6.5 billion in pre-tax revenue for the year, which is bigger than its pre-tax figure for all of 2011. Ford credits these numbers to its strong product lineup and brisk sales.
Say what you will of Ford but keep in mind they never took a bailout and have kept the American dream alive. Despite its 18% increase in share price since our recommendation Ford still packs a 1.79% annual dividend yield.
Ford Motor Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Smoking Hot Wives, Gold, And The Dollar (+ Other Good Stuff) | ZeroHedge
- Household Net Worth: The “Real” Story | Financial Sense
- Foreign Buying Plummets In Vancouver: Sales To Foreigners Crash 96% | ZeroHedge
- The Wedge That's Driving Facebook's Stock | ZeroHedge
- China Is Cracking Down On Shadow Banking, But One European Country Is Encouraging It | ZeroHedge
- "It's Serious Business" - Trump VP Pence Confirms Bill Clinton's Ex-Girlfriend "Will Not Be At Debate" | ZeroHedge
- Five Killed At Washington State Mall; Manhunt For Gunman Continues | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A 32-year-old disabled vet thought ITT Tech was his ticket out of... | Business Insider
- These are the earbuds that finally sold me on the idea of Bluetooth... | Business Insider
- Here's how the world's most iconic brands have... | Business Insider
- I've been a wealth advisor for 20 years — here are... | Business Insider
- Watch an airstrike knock out an ISIS tank near the terror group's capital city | Business Insider
- Suicide bomber kills 7, wounds 28 in Baghdad | Business Insider
- Astronomers discovered what's hiding inside this... | Business Insider