Friday Stocks Go Down the Hole
If you haven't heard Plan B has been dropped and Dow Jones Futures are down 200 points. Expect a terrible day and a kick in the pants for your 401(k), IRA's, and personal trading portfolios. It's going to suck.
Late Thursday night here is how things are looking:
Stock Futures | Americas
|Index Future||Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
If something doesn't happen fast and it looks like it won't we could be for a terrible bear run on equities. House Speaker John A. Boehner threw efforts to avoid the year-end “fiscal cliff” into chaos late Thursday, as he abruptly shuttered the House for the holidays after failing to win support from his fellow Republicans for a plan to let tax rates rise for millionaires.
Volatility is going to be off the hook tomorrow. If you happen to own shares of the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) you are going to win big.
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- We Again See Real Estate As Best Investment | Financial Sense
- Retail Sales Surge on Spring Thaw | Financial Sense
- Two Measures of Inflation | Financial Sense
- It's Time To Retire Gross Domestic Product As A Measure of Prosperity | ZeroHedge
- Potential for "Very High" Natural Gas Spikes This Year, Says Energy Analyst | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Why The West's Financial Warfare Against Russia May Lead To The Real Thing | ZeroHedge
- The Market Is Too Dependent on Hopes That Await Evidence | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How 10 Of The Most Dominant Athletes Alive Spend Their Millions | Business Insider
- Nike Is Trying To Tamp Down Rumors That The FuelBand Is... | Business Insider
- JIM O'NEILL: The Crisis In Ukraine Is Just A Symptom Of Something... | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- Jim Cramer on Chipotle, IBM, Google and Goldman Sachs Earnings | TheStreet.com
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Drone Strike Kills 15 Al Qaeda Suspects And 3 Civilians In Yemen | Business Insider