Fiscal Cliff Solution: Fire U.S. Lawmakers
He said, she said... none of us care Boehner. You said $1 million, Obama countered with $400K, then the GOP dropped the ball. We are moments away from the credit agencies downgrading the United States of America (again). If that happens then stocks will really tank.
Our stocks are about to get the kiss of death provided the Fiscal Cliff situation is not resolved.
What job in America provides you a lifelong pension, great compensation, and not do a damn thing?
As a Senator you get paid at least $174K, and Boehner rakes in $223,500 for arguing full-time and accomplishing zero. You also get to deduct $3K each year for 'living expenses'. You also get great health insurance and a generous retirement plan, again thanks to Joe and Jane U.S. Taxpayer.
Back to the situation at hand -- "Plan B" has been dropped and equities are falling.
GOP members you are going to have to raise taxes.
Democrats please be sensible and agree to whatever the GOP is willing to do.
Both parties stop embarrassing Americans that voted for you and reconcile your differences before the shit hits the fan.
Enough is enough. Remember the actions of your elected leaders and next time you get to vote, let them have it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama Defends The Failure Of His Syria Policy Before A Belligerent 60 Minutes | ZeroHedge
- Glencore Production Cuts Backfire After World's Second Largest Miner Vows To Fill The Glencore Void | ZeroHedge
- Deflation = Debt + Demographics + Disruption | ZeroHedge
- Last Week's "Savage Reversal" Was The "Biggest Momentum Whiplash Since 2009" | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: A Decisive Shift In The Power Balance Has Occurred | ZeroHedge
- Peter Boockvar's Contrarian Play: Sell US Stocks, Buy Commodities and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- The Failure To Act Responsibly Will Be The Addendum To Bernanke's Memoirs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Running couple says 'I do' at mile 8 of Chicago... | Business Insider
- The brightest minds on China explain what's going on | Business Insider
- Sic'em: Baylor reaches No. 2 in AP Top 25 behind Ohio... | Business Insider
- CFOs are increasingly outsourcing these jobs to consultants | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Welcome to the 'third wave... | Business Insider
- This service will sell all your old stuff for you and take a cut of the profits | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek