Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- More Sanctions: Europe Will Ban Purchase Of Russian Bonds; However Russian Gas Exports Remain Untouched | ZeroHedge
- Leverage, Derivatives, And The Heresy Of Opposing The 'Status Quo Institutions' | ZeroHedge
- The But-For Test; A Refined List of Buyout Targets | iBankCoin.com
- Libya May Be Focus Of Major Rift Between US And Regional Allies | ZeroHedge
- The US Guide To Middle-Eastern Terror Groups (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- The March Of War | iBankCoin.com
- Ex-NSA Director, US Intelligence Veterans Write Open Letter To Merkel To Avoid All-Out Ukraine War | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wozniacki sends Sharapova out of US Open, Federer... | Business Insider
- Eric Cantor Just Got A Job At A Wall Street Bank — Here Are The Details Of His $3.4... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Murray beats Tsonga to reach US Open quarter-finals | Business Insider
- People Are Complaining About The Anime... | Business Insider
- The 10 Cities Most At Risk Of Being Hit By Natural Disasters | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, QQQ, DG, FDO) | Business Insider