Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putin Accuses Turkey Of "Backstabbing", Funding ISIS, Sees "Serious Consequences" To Ties | ZeroHedge
- The Future Of Cannabis | ZeroHedge
- Apple Stock is a 10 Year Short | ZeroHedge
- M&A Spikes to Craziest Frenzy Ever, even as Bottom Falls out of Riskiest End | ZeroHedge
- At Least A Dozen Killed In Tunisian Capital As ISIS Targets Presidential Guards | ZeroHedge
- It Wasn't Us - Pentagon Shrugs At "Exaggerating, Sloppy, Uncaring" Russian Jet Shootdown | ZeroHedge
- Global Bond Markets: Where Did All the Liquidity Go? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Harrowing pictures show how dire the European refugee crisis has become | Business Insider
- Actor Paul Walker's father sues Porsche over fatal... | Business Insider
- Calm at Minneapolis protest site a night after shooting | Business Insider
- A look at the hot toys for holiday 2015 | Business Insider
- Strong dollar pressures Tiffany in 3rd quarter | Business Insider
- Erdogan says Turkey does not want escalation with Russia... | Business Insider
- BC-EU--Europe-Migrants-The Latest, EU | Business Insider