Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Russia Is On A Gold Buying Spree | ZeroHedge
- Do Not Show This Chart To Bank Of Japan Governor Kuroda | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Comfort Plunges For Longest Streak In 7 Years | ZeroHedge
- Oil Treading Water | iBankCoin.com
- It's Official: Avago Buys Broadcom In $37 Billion Deal, Thousands In Employee Layoff "Synergies" Imminent | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales | Financial Sense
- A Global Debt Deleveraging It At Our Doorstep | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple quietly fixed a problem that made its Macs 'like... | Business Insider
- Burundi opposition says fair elections 'impossible' | Business Insider
- Here's how Dick Costolo deals with Wall Street calling... | Business Insider
- Google is laying the foundation for the future of virtual reality right now (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Nadal, Djokovic, Serena eye Paris last-32 | Business Insider
- U-20 World Cup to open under FIFA graft cloud | Business Insider
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak thinks Edward... | Business Insider