Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gary Dorsch: “Hundreds of Billions” in Defaults if Commodity Crash Continues | Financial Sense
- This Is How The IMF "Predicted" China's Slowdown | ZeroHedge
- "The Saudi Population Are Growing Restless": A Deep Look Inside The "Black Box" That Is Saudi Arabia | ZeroHedge
- Hardcore Career Advice For A 13 Year Old | Altucher Confidential
- Fukushima Kids Suffer Thyroid Cancer Up To 50x Normal Rate, New Study Finds | ZeroHedge
- GOP Chaos: Boehner's Chosen Successor Kevin McCarthy Pulls Out Of Speaker Race | ZeroHedge
- "Neutralizing" John Lennon: One Man Against The "Monster" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Appeals court rules for heirs of Santa Claus song... | Business Insider
- Fabbri gets tiebreaker in 3rd as Blues beat Oilers,... | Business Insider
- Ex-teammate: Arrested NBA player was giving cash to... | Business Insider
- European mining companies are having a great day on the stock market so far | Business Insider
- Death row in Texas gets its first new inmate of the year | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Round 2: Downstream South Carolina towns brace for... | Business Insider