Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is Why China Russia & China Are Now "The Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- Better Days Ahead | Financial Sense
- Why the Debate Over U.S. LNG Exports Has Been Won | Financial Sense
- US F-22 Jets Intercept 6 Russian Warplanes 55 Miles Off The Alaskan Coast | ZeroHedge
- Central Banks Biggest Concern Should Be Market Stability | ZeroHedge
- How Does the Stock Market Perform During Rate Hikes? | Financial Sense
- America's Media-crity (In One Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 Memorable Moments From the Alibaba Opening on NYSE Friday | TheStreet.com
- New York gears up for historic climate march | Business Insider
- Scientists Discovered What Makes Someone A Good Dancer | Business Insider
- Sputtering Manchester City bid to keep Chelsea in check | Business Insider
- G20 nations want Putin at leaders' summit | Business Insider
- Spurs in search of West Brom win | Business Insider
- Why Bank of America, JPMorgan, Wells Fargo Are Finally Waking Up | TheStreet.com