Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China’s Stock Markets and Revisiting 2011 Predictions | Financial Sense
- Craig Johnson Still Bullish on Stocks; Sees More Downside for Gold, Oil, and Commodities | Financial Sense
- Greece May Miss ECB Payment As Germany Says Bailout Timeline Is Unrealistic | ZeroHedge
- US Police Kill 118 People In July, Highest Monthly Total Of 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Rude Awakening for Those Who Ignored the Energy Markets' Warning Signs | Financial Sense
- Europe: Running on Borrowed Time | Financial Sense
- Is the Tide Turning? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mexico's president is facing the most damning charge yet — and his... | Business Insider
- A radical group of teachers is asking 8-year-olds to answer life's... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Argentine exec pleads not guilty in FIFA case | Business Insider
- The FBI has subpoenaed lewd text messages between Subway's Jared Fogle and a... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Britain and France are looking for outside help on the... | Business Insider