Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Aug 27, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- How The US Economy Underwent Half A Rate Hike In The Past Week Without The Fed's Permission | ZeroHedge
- What I Learned from Chess | Altucher Confidential
- Gold “Insurance Policy” and Deserves a Place in Portfolios – Carmignac | ZeroHedge
- The Scariest Number For The Oil Industry: $550 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Why the End of China's “Strong Yuan” Policy Matters to Global Markets | Financial Sense
- Fiscally Irresponsible? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japan inflation flat, household spending slips | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Scientists, tribe study shrinking Washington state glacier... | Business Insider
- Sorry Burger King, McDonald's just said no to your joint '... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump may be helping Ted Cruz with his 'endgame' | Business Insider
- Here are all of the Pixar movies coming to theaters in the next few years | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek