Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
- Buchanan: If There's A 2nd Cold War, Did Russia Really Start It? | ZeroHedge
- "Global LIBOR Scapegoat" Turns To Public Crowdfunding To Fund Appeal | ZeroHedge
- Notorious Hacker Makes 'Bombshell' Claim: "I Got Inside Hillary's Completely Unsecured Server" | ZeroHedge
- "Bankers Will Choose To Fly Instead Of Die" - Why Bill Gross Thinks Helicopter Money Is Imminent | ZeroHedge
- "Summer Of Shocks" Is Upon Us: BofA Warns "Own Volatility", Wait To Buy Stocks Until VIX > 20 | ZeroHedge
- German Study Proves It – 95% Of Greek "Bailout" Money Went To The Banks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- George Clooney and Julia Roberts killed it in 'Carpool Karaoke... | Business Insider
- 14 untranslatable words from foreign languages that English desperately needs | Business Insider
- MARK CUBAN: Donald Trump will run a 'Seinfeld campaign' | Business Insider
- A 22-year-old former addict wrote about rehab, and his famous dad... | Business Insider
- This 90-year-old homeless woman befriended Hollywood stars, and it changed her life... | Business Insider
- A self-made billionaire gifted each of his 2,000 employees shares worth $150,000... | Business Insider
- This one thing many financial advisors do to get more clients can completely backfire | Business Insider