Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- About That "Strong" March Retail Sales "Bounce": Good Thing Summer's Coming! | ZeroHedge
- U.S. to Foreign Officials: Stop Buying U.S. Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Holiday Bounce Mode | iBankCoin.com
- It’s Official: America is an Oligarchy and NOT a Democracy or a Republic | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Bars Entry To Russian Men Aged 16-60 | ZeroHedge
- Does the U.S. Have the Highest Corporate Tax Rates in the World? | Financial Sense
- On a More Positive Note… | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Prison Is Starting To Feel Like Home In 'Orange Is The New Black'... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, GS, MS, CMG) | Business Insider
- 5 Men Who Confessed To New York's Most Notorious Rape Could Get Millions... | Business Insider
- An 18-Year-Old Intern Who Kept Screwing Up Brain Surgery On Mice Accidentally Stumbled Upon A... | Business Insider
- 50 Years Ago, This Was The Advice A 'Charm School Handbook' Gave To Teenage... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek