Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Leap – Double-Digit Earnings Growth in 2017? | Financial Sense
- Dallas Police Retiring in Droves, Taking Lump Sum Pensions, Fearing the Money Isn’t There (And It Isn’t) | Financial Sense
- Anthem! | Financial Sense
- Is Information On Google's Ties To The U.S. Government Wikileaks’ Next Focus? | ZeroHedge
- TRUMP exposes the Establishment, politics a metaphor for FX | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production Rises Slightly | Financial Sense
- NSA Whistleblower: US Intelligence Worker Likely Behind DNC Leaks, Not Russia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet the first guy Steve Jobs ever fired at Apple ... and he wasn't even an employee | Business Insider
- HGTV’s Chip and Joanna Gaines choose the opposite of trendy when designing a home | Business Insider
- 9 tech skills that pay over $120,000 and are in demand | Business Insider
- A former Marine shares 9 tricks to become mentally tough | Business Insider
- Wisconsin man who traveled to Turkey and Syria in 2014 pleads guilty to... | Business Insider
- Weird Al turned the last presidential debate into a... | Business Insider
- Steve Ballmer says Microsoft is 'the only company that ever... | Business Insider