Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Measuring How Much Poorly Thought Out Regulation Hurts The US Consumer? | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Here's How Obama Can Halt "Tax Inversions" Without Congress (& Why It Doesn't Matter) | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Explodes Higher To October 2007 Highs | ZeroHedge
- US Equities Flat While China Surges On More Stimulus And Bailout Hopes | ZeroHedge
- Mapping The Global Contagion From Portugal's Systemic Banking Crisis | ZeroHedge
- THe SCHLoCK HeaRD RouND THe WoRLD... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One Of The Creators Of AOL Instant Messenger Pivoted His Next Company So... | Business Insider
- 9 Unfair Advantages That Help People Get Ahead | Business Insider
- Israel's Most Internationally Recognized Writer Warns Freedom Of Speech... | Business Insider
- The Highest-Paying Jobs At Apple [RANKED] (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley's Junior Bankers Are About To Get A Solid Raise | Business Insider
- Chinese Hackers Stole Plans For Israel's Iron Dome | Business Insider
- Kyle Korver's Insane Offseason Fitness Challenge Involved Running On The Ocean Floor... | Business Insider