Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dallas Fed Outlook Contracts For 19th Straight Month With Wages Crashing To Sept 2013 Lows | ZeroHedge
- "As Long As All The Offensive Shit Is Verbatim, I'm Fine With It" | ZeroHedge
- The Market For Lemons, The Market For Bullshit, And The Great Cascading Credence Crash Of 2016 | ZeroHedge
- A Collision-Course With Crisis: Making The Wrong Choices For The Wrong Reasons | ZeroHedge
- Kotlikoff: America "Dead Broke" - $199 Trillion in the Red | Financial Sense
- With Italy's Bank Stress Test "A Near-Term Risk", Who Is Most Exposed? | ZeroHedge
- China Bans Websites From Original Reporting | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mortgage rates are rising but it's still a good time to... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- One type of electric car is selling super quickly | Business Insider
- 4 common myths about weight loss that you shouldn’t believe | Business Insider
- 'Star Wars' experts were asked if droids are slaves and the answer was a... | Business Insider
- Pokémon Go has revealed a new battleground for virtual... | Business Insider
- Why Silicon Valley is so terrified of Donald Trump | Business Insider