Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How To Save Up To 100% On "Purchases" | ZeroHedge
- Previewing Putin's "Moment Of Truth" Annual Press Conference And Address To Russia | ZeroHedge
- Preliminary Michigan Consumer Sentiment for December Surges | Financial Sense
- Swiss Central Bank Plunges Into NIRP, Sends Deposit Rates Negative, Scrambles Against Safe-Haven Capital Flight | ZeroHedge
- WTF Chart Of The Day: VIX "Noise" Edition | ZeroHedge
- Russian Stocks Soar 17% - Most Since 2008; Ruble Back Below 62/USD | ZeroHedge
- Caption Contest: Dry-Cleaning Edition | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russian Tourists Are Cancelling Their Vacation Plans In Thailand | Business Insider
- Security stepped up as Australia vows transparent... | Business Insider
- Here's Why US Authorities Think North Korea Hacked Sony (SNE) | Business Insider
- Up to one million facing hunger in Ebola-hit countries:... | Business Insider
- 3 Companies That Are Likely Takeover Targets as Oil Prices Plunge | TheStreet.com
- How To Tip Your Barber, Manicurist, And Personal Trainer This Holiday Season... | Business Insider
- Here's The Trailer For 'The Interview' — The Movie The Hackers Don... | Business Insider