Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pension Shortfalls Could Be 4X to 7X Greater Than Reported | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: Hackers Take Control Of A Moving Tesla From Miles Away | ZeroHedge
- Futures Fail To Rebound As Deutsche Bank Tries To Comfort Markets That It Is "Fine" | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Is The Highest In 9 Years (& The Lowest Since 2015) | ZeroHedge
- DeuTSCHe BaNK EXPLaiNeD... | ZeroHedge
- Madness Swirls at House Judiciary Committee as Comey Attempts to Justify Hillary Innocence | ZeroHedge
- DOJ Is Assessing Size Of Criminal Penalty It Can Levy On Volkswagen "Without Putting Company Out Of Business" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MARIO DRAGHI: Negative interest rates have made everyone... | Business Insider
- The first paid jobs of 27 TV stars | Business Insider
- The 20 colleges with the most school spirit | Business Insider
- Blackberry is going to outsource the production of its signature smartphone (... | Business Insider
- Why McDonald's Chicken McNuggets come in only 4 shapes | Business Insider
- Walmart might invest a billion dollars into one of Amazon's biggest rivals (WMT, AMZN) | Business Insider
- A legendary Morgan Stanley banker reveals the importance of 'emotional... | Business Insider