Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Responds To CIA Chief Brennan, Asks "Was He The Leaker Of Fake News?" | ZeroHedge
- Can Marine Le Pen Pull Off French Election Stunner? Germany Loses No Matter Who Wins | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Specs Are So Short, It Is Now A 4 Sigma Event | ZeroHedge
- “Total Fiasco, Utter Circus!” Cried The CIO Asking "What's The Next Big Trade?" | ZeroHedge
- A Hint of Gold Backwardation - Rising Gold Scarcity | ZeroHedge
- Trump Team Responds: May Move White House Briefings To Accommodate More Than Just "Media Elite" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Slides After Saudis Suggest Early End To OPEC Deal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 ways to spot a fake diamond | Business Insider
- The... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- This summer's biggest natural phenomena is cutting right across the US... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Here are the qualifications of all 13 people who served as Secretary of Energy... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek