Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- S&P 500 Breaks Below Key Technical Support, Dow Nears 1000-Point Plunge | ZeroHedge
- EURO UNDeRTaKeR... | ZeroHedge
- Currency Carnage Continues: Cable, USDJPY Tumble As FX Markets Open | ZeroHedge
- European Stocks, US Futures Extend Slide On UK Chaos, Pound Carnage | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed State Coincident Index Declines to Multi-Year Lows | Financial Sense
- The Fed's Rate Hike Plans Are Now "In Tatters" - What Wall Street Thinks | ZeroHedge
- Dow Futures Down 900 Points From Pre-Brexit Highs, Plunge Below Friday's Crash Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why you should never ask the hiring manager these 5 common interview questions... | Business Insider
- There is one drug in the world that can make you smarter —... | Business Insider
- Aliens could be contacting Earth without us knowing | Business Insider
- 18 annoying things job candidates do that make hiring managers not... | Business Insider
- You may have Amazon credits waiting for you — here's how to check | Business Insider
- Jefferies just put the hype about a Wall Street rebound into perspective... | Business Insider
- Byron Wien shares the most important investing advice he learned from his late mentor | Business Insider