Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Efficient Markets? August Oil Futures Flash Smash & Crash Into Expiry | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Utility Companies Push Back in Net Metering Battle | Financial Sense
- Ackman Unleashes Herbalife's Biggest Single-Day Gain Ever | ZeroHedge
- Hope Is Not a Strategy | Financial Sense
- Index Review | Financial Sense
- Yellen Hints at Detrimental Fed Action | Financial Sense
- SSDD | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Two Famous Faces From The Financial Crisis Executed A Deal Today That Reportedly Made One A... | Business Insider
- Pro-Russian Separatists Officially Hand Over Black Boxes... | Business Insider
- A New Apple Patent Called ‘iTime’ Might Hint At What’s Coming For The iWatch | Business Insider
- Taco Bell Is Facing Its Biggest Slump In Years | Business Insider
- We're About To Get Some News About Inflation, And The Market Might Not Like It | Business Insider
- A Federal Appeals Court Just Invalidated Obamacare In These 36... | Business Insider
- Herbalife Is Surging (HLF) | Business Insider