Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Massive Mis-Governance" - Q4 Obliterates The Case For QE And ZIRP | ZeroHedge
- "Change" Indeed | ZeroHedge
- Market Wrap: Futures Unchanged Despite Latest Chinese Rate Cut | ZeroHedge
- "We Are Failing To Deliver On Our Obligations As Americans" | ZeroHedge
- ISM Manufacturing Tumbles To 13-Month Lows, Employment Slumps, Construction Spending Plunges | ZeroHedge
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets In February And YTD | ZeroHedge
- STiNKiN BuLLeTS... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- ANALYST: The '60 Minutes' report on Lumber Liquidators was way... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Mesmerizing time-lapse of Arby's 13-hour commercial showing brisket being smoked | Business Insider
- N. Korea fires missiles in anger at South-US military... | Business Insider
- At least 10,000 march in memory of slain... | Business Insider
- Here's what's new on Netflix in March | Business Insider