Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WTI Slides After Biggest Inventory Build In 4 Months | ZeroHedge
- Little Focus on Big Issues | Financial Sense
- A History Of Manufactured Regime Change And Civil Unrest: Is America Next? | ZeroHedge
- California Supreme Court Decides "Grossly Ineffective" Teachers Should Keep Their Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Children Of The American Police State: Just Another Brick In The Wall | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Soar Most Since 2007 Driven By Southern Sales Surge | ZeroHedge
- Illinois Warns Of "Crippling Tax Hikes", "Devastating Impact" If Largest Pension Fund Admits Reality | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Alibaba is looking to expand in India (BABA) | Business Insider
- THE FINTECH REGULATION REPORT: How European regulators are creating fertile ground for... | Business Insider
- The rising cost of debt poses a big problem for SolarCity | Business Insider
- Investigators have found the... | Business Insider
- Report: The US was unable to stop Iraqi... | Business Insider
- Here's why a small cancer company's shares are skyrocketing (CLVS) | Business Insider
- It's a terrible time to buy a new PlayStation 4 | Business Insider