Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Can Survive An Oil Price War | ZeroHedge
- The U.S. Shale Breakeven Price Debate | Financial Sense
- "Me, The People" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 21, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- More Good News for Employment | Financial Sense
- The Broken Market Chronicles: For The Third Year In A Row, The "Most Shorted Names" Generate The Highest Return | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Why Europe Wants To Break Up Google (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Hong Kong democracy movement split in protest-weary city... | Business Insider
- RBS admits European stress test blunder | Business Insider
- Here's What Happened When Steve Jobs Called Jon Stewart After He Made Fun... | Business Insider
- A Tech Company Once Valued At $1 Billion Is About To Sell For $15 Million... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Teens Are Tweeting Unappealing Photos Of Their School Lunches With The Hashtag #... | Business Insider