Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WiNGS OF THe DoVe... | ZeroHedge
- Futures Levitate To Fresh Record Highs On Just Right Mix Of Bad News | ZeroHedge
- If Only This Happened At The Fed, Things Would Be Vastly Different | ZeroHedge
- California Droughts: Then And Now | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Stumble On J-Hole But Close Best Week In 4 Months | ZeroHedge
- JPM's Three Scenarios Of How The Ukraine Conflict Plays Out | ZeroHedge
- Jackson Hole: Janet Yellen Is The Wrong Chairperson For the Fed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trading Radar for 8/22:... | StreetInsider.com
- UEFA will not recognise results of Crimean clubs in... | Business Insider
- ISIS Takes To Crowdfunded Social Network After Twitter Bans Graphic... | Business Insider
- Here's The Excellent Essay That Helped One Student Get Into Harvard Business School... | Business Insider
- New Study Reveals The Lingering Economic Devastation Left By Hurricanes | Business Insider
- Sears' Disturbing State Explained by This One Data Point | TheStreet.com
- Talks resume to end Pakistan political drama | Business Insider