Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mexican Peso Surges On Chatter Fed Will Rescue Currency From Trump's Damage | ZeroHedge
- Putting It All Together... | ZeroHedge
- The Dow Streak May Be Finally Over, But In February Everything Was Up | ZeroHedge
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
- "Trump Makes America Wait Again" - Why Not Everyone Was Happy With Trump's Address | ZeroHedge
- Real Personal Spending Crashes Most Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Crude Oil; Dangerous kiss of resistance in play? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 24 photos that will make you want to travel to New Orleans | Business Insider
- Apple is turning the iPhone into a Samsung Galaxy phone (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Spain just hired someone to solve its growing sex problem | Business Insider
- BUFFETT: Free trade is 'wonderful' ... but not for everyone | Business Insider
- Bill Gates says it's too early for basic income, but over time 'countries will be rich... | Business Insider
- The stock market just did something it hadn't done in at... | Business Insider
- One big change to this year's Oscars could have played a part in the best... | Business Insider