Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bail-Ins at “Bad Bank” Unconstitutional Says Austrian Court | ZeroHedge
- ETF Trading Volume Eclipses US GDP | ZeroHedge
- 1 In 5 US Stocks Now In Bear Market | ZeroHedge
- An Exasperated Tsipras Calls For Syriza Referendum On Bailout Cancellation | ZeroHedge
- "Moscow Must Burn": Ukraine's "Christian Taliban" Pledges Anti-Russian "Crusade" | ZeroHedge
- Blankfein Warns Of "Jarring" Jolt From Fed Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Tumble In Close Of Trading "Causing Panic", US GDP To Be Revised Higher On Seasonal Adjustments | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GE may be shipping $10 billion worth of work overseas | Business Insider
- A Nigerian general is leading a multi-national... | Business Insider
- A small change Slack made 48 hours before launch shows why users love its $2.8 billion app | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 10 things in tech you need to know today | Business Insider
- The Q2 GDP report should look a lot better than the... | Business Insider