Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yellen Capital Humiliated After First Facebook And Now Twitter Surge Higher: TWTR's Quarter In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Strong 5 Year Bond Auction Has Record Low Dealer Takedown, Directs Surge | ZeroHedge
- Former Aide To Bill Clinton Speaks – "My Party Has Lost Its Soul" | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Unemployment Jumps To Worst In 2014 As Household Spending & Retail Sales Drop For 3rd Month | ZeroHedge
- The New York Times' Revenue Since Hiring Paul Krugman | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 29 | ZeroHedge
- Futures Push Higher Ahead Of Data Deluge, Yellen Capital Statement | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LinkedIn Just Completely Revamped Its Mobile App To Help You Make More Connections | Business Insider
- Here's Where Americans Are Cashing In On Dividends And Interest | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know As Asian Markets Open | Business Insider
- Here's The Astonishing Hovercraft... | Business Insider
- Charles Barkley Says There Are Only 5 Real Jobs In The World, Explains Why We Should Never... | Business Insider
- Here's Putin's Next Move (RSX) | Business Insider
- MICROSOFT: The Government Has A Sneaky Way Of Forcing Tech Companies To Turn Over Your... | Business Insider