Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- HEAD of the FBI’s Anthrax Investigation Says the Whole Thing Was a SHAM | ZeroHedge
- GE Gets Out at the Top | Financial Sense
- DAX Plunges Most In 4 Months, Bund 5 bps Away From Negative | ZeroHedge
- Modern-Day Monetary Cranks and the Fed's "Inflation" Target | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Slammed - Dow Tumbles 350 Points Into Red Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- Signs That 'The Elites' Are Feverishly Preparing For Something Big | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Re-Tumble After DOJ Said To Block Comcast-Time Warner Deal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Leaked Sony emails reveal 'Peter Rabbit' feature film may be in the... | Business Insider
- How Google's culture of transparency helps it prevent 'backstabbing' | Business Insider
- Obama says 'no greater threat to planet than climate... | Business Insider
- Replica of French general's historic US... | Business Insider
- 10 super-genes that scientists could someday program into your body | Business Insider
- The CEO is highlighting an important point about money and happiness | Business Insider
- Millions of users of dating site Match.com are at risk of having their... | Business Insider