Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap September 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Not All Coffee is Bulletproof | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap September 30, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Spot The Total Logic Fail | ZeroHedge
- USDJPY Surge Drags Nasdaq Green, Bonds Ain't Buying It (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Sentiment Remains Strong | Financial Sense
- Japan Stunned After Biggest Ever, $617 Billion "Fat Finger" Trading Error Slams Stocks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- A Walk-Off Single Sent The Kansas City Royals To The Playoffs After 12 Innings | Business Insider
- With Purchase of Move, News Corp. Puts Focus on the Internet | TheStreet.com
- Fasting Modi meets Obama at White House | Business Insider
- China manufacturing growth unchanged in September | Business Insider
- Stunning Aerial Drone Footage Shows The Massive Scope Of The Hong Kong... | Business Insider
- Eurozone manufacturing in doldrums, Markit index shows | Business Insider