Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Ukraine In Very Dangerous Situation", No Lethal Assistance Coming Says White House | ZeroHedge
- Citi Mortgage Originations Drop To Record Low | ZeroHedge
- Futures Tread Water As Geopolitical Fears Added To Momentum Collapse Concerns | ZeroHedge
- "Priceless" | ZeroHedge
- REITs | iBankCoin.com
- Commodity-Backed Currencies? China Buys Huge Copper Mine; Russia Onshores Largest Gold Miner | ZeroHedge
- Gold Gets the Knife Today | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bitcoin Is On A Bit Of A Tear | Business Insider
- Markets Are Lower | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- FBI Makes Unintentionally Hilarious Video Warning Study Abroad Students Not To Get Tricked... | Business Insider
- Google Buys Drone Company Titan Aerospace | Business Insider
- Watch This Breathtaking Video Of Russian Soldiers Parachuting Onto Arctic Ice | Business Insider
- A Top Executive Joined Payment Startup Clinkle, Then Quit 24 Hours Later —... | Business Insider