Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Its Housing Bubble Pops, Chinese Real Estate Firms Halt Monthly Pricing Data | ZeroHedge
- The Geopolitics Of 2017 In 4 Maps | ZeroHedge
- Raoul Pal Warns The Day Of Reckoning Looms For VIX Shorts: "Reminds Me Of Portfolio Insurance In 1987" | ZeroHedge
- Republicans, Democrats, and Voodoo Economics | ZeroHedge
- S&P Futures, Dollar Rise As World Awaits Trump Inauguration Speech | ZeroHedge
- National Park Service BTFO: Cucked Agency Ordered to Cease Using Twitter After Mocking Trump Inauguration | ZeroHedge
- Yellen: Hot For Obama... But Not Trump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- IBM Watson wants to help streetlights become smarter (IBM) | Business Insider
- The US Air Force is considering this new low-cost fighter for counterterrorism missions | Business Insider
- Putin is ready to meet Trump | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Actress Ashley Judd became the breakout star of the Women's March on... | Business Insider
- Semi-pro English soccer team roasts the Trump... | Business Insider
- Amazon has outflanked Alphabet, Microsoft and even Apple... | Business Insider