Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sweet Sixteen | iBankCoin.com
- Looking Past Ukraine | Financial Sense
- Celebrating China's First Bond Default: Copper Limit Down, Yuan Crashes Most In Six Years | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- Enter the Inter | Financial Sense
- Can the Rally in Global Commodities Be Sustained? | Financial Sense
- Abenomics Crucified With Lowest GDP Since Abe, Worst Current Account Deficit On Record | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ROUBINI: 'Bitcoin Is A Ponzi Game And A... | Business Insider
- The Truth About The Soda Machines At South By Southwest | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Beware the Bears | TheStreet.com
- Here's The Trailer For The New 'Cosmos' Series That Debuts... | Business Insider
- Man Raises Over $50,000 On Kickstarter To Publish Books — Instead Burns Every Copy In... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek