Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- European Parliament Plans To Remove English As An Official Language | ZeroHedge
- EU Officials To Unveil 'Ultimatum' Blueprint As Final Solution For European Super-State | ZeroHedge
- Two Black Swans, Far Greater Than BREXIT Are On the Horizon | ZeroHedge
- Did Brexit Kill the Oil Price Rally? | Financial Sense
- Why The ECB Thinks Brexit Is Not A "Lehman Moment" | ZeroHedge
- Doug Casey Debunks The Common Excuses for "Staying" In One Country | ZeroHedge
- Why Did The UK Enter The EU In The First Place? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Global stocks are getting hammered again (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- Hong Kong wants to know when its residents get detained in... | Business Insider
- The 7 most important military decisions the next president will have to make... | Business Insider
- 7 behaviors to give up if you want to be happier | Business Insider
- 'I don't mean just a little bit better': Donald Trump threatens to... | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' changed up a fan-favorite book scene to make it even... | Business Insider
- Photos show the aftermath of the Istanbul airport bombing | Business Insider