Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Blew It," Chuck Schumer Says Democrat Focus On Obamacare Was Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Irrational Exuberance – Descriptive Superlatives Exhaustion Point Is Reached | ZeroHedge
- When a Bubble Isn’t...? | ZeroHedge
- OPEC Decision Is "Major Strike Against The American Market", Russian Tycoon Says | ZeroHedge
- HAPPY NASDAQS | iBankCoin.com
- California Housing Market Cracks in Two, Top End Goes Crazy | ZeroHedge
- Are Low Rates Responsible for High Valuations | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 Biggest Poker Players In Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- Here's Why We Celebrate Thanksgiving When We Do | Business Insider
- Kobe Bryant's Daughter Understands The Secret To Being Clutch | Business Insider
- Phillip Hughes dies from injuries: Cricket Australia | Business Insider
- Europe And The US Are At War Over Breaking Up Google (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Tibetan tapestry fetches record $45 million in Hong Kong | Business Insider
- The 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider