Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Precious Metals: Fake-Rally Ends, Hostage Markets Return | ZeroHedge
- With The Lowest Volume Since Q1 2014, The Global M&A Boom May Be Over | ZeroHedge
- Just Stop It! | ZeroHedge
- Trump Escalates Clinton Attack, Calls Vince Foster Suicide "Very Fishy" | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Nears $50 After Bigger Than Expected Inventory Draw, Production Cut | ZeroHedge
- Eurogroup Agrees To Disburse €7.5BN To Greece Which Will Be Used To Repay Creditors | ZeroHedge
- A June Fed Funds Rate Hike Risks a September Economic Stall | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This critical group is taking VR very seriously | Business Insider
- JIMMY CARTER: Donald Trump has tapped into a reservoir of 'inherent racism' | Business Insider
- The public is not ready for self-driving cars (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- Sports Authority is kicking off a massive clearance sale at all its stores before shutting... | Business Insider
- Macy's is making one fatal mistake about its customers | Business Insider
- Mark Cuban's foray into politics has reached new heights | Business Insider
- Amazon just blew my mind with a new $5.99 unlimited comic book service (AMZN) | Business Insider