Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Companies Bracing for Disappointment, Zatlin Says | Financial Sense
- Chicago Airport Security Chief Fired After United Airlines Debacle | ZeroHedge
- NYT's 'Impossible To Verify' North Korea Nuke Claim Spreads Unchecked By Media | ZeroHedge
- Why The Crude Rally Has Fizzled - Part 3 (Of 3) | ZeroHedge
- The Four Charts That Prompted An Oil Analyst To Declare The OPEC Deal A Failure | ZeroHedge
- Here’s what I thought the most important thing in life was… | Altucher Confidential
- China Update - Why Is the Consensus Now So Optimistic? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mark Cuban is backing an app that's trying to help people avoid... | Business Insider
- The defining photos of the first 100 days of Trump's presidency | Business Insider
- Merkel's party widens its lead just 5... | Business Insider
- Used car retailer Carvana's shares plunge up to 17% in debut (CVNA) | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Here's how rich you would be if you invested in Amazon at its IPO (... | Business Insider
- Nintendo just unveiled a new portable console — here's what it is and why... | Business Insider