Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- UPS Braces For $3.8 Billion Charge As Treasury's Pension Benefit Decision Looms | ZeroHedge
- WTF Chart Of The Day: Speculative Frenzy '101' | ZeroHedge
- Trump Responds To California Protesters: "Felt Like I Was Crossing The Border, But I Got Here" | ZeroHedge
- Schwab Is Forcing Cash Out Of Money Market Funds And Into Treasuries | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
- The New Normal: From $34.00 an Hour to $2.65 Plus Tips. | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Apr 29, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Traditional banks may be in trouble due to digital banking | Business Insider
- Journalist freed from an Iranian prison addresses the White House... | Business Insider
- Venezuela's economic disintegration hit a sad milestone this week | Business Insider
- This photographer’s shots of Chicago's entrepreneurs are a... | Business Insider
- THE DISRUPTION OF MOBILE VIDEO... | Business Insider
- 10 signs you're burning out and how to stop it | Business Insider
- BYU's 'honor code' is making... | Business Insider