Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Caption Contest: "So Bullish It Hurts" Edition | ZeroHedge
- GDP Numbers Bear Out Fed Decision | Financial Sense
- S&P 500 Spikes To Record High - How It Got There | ZeroHedge
- Silver, Copper Slammed As Commodities Crumble Into US Open | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- The Biotech Pain Trade | iBankCoin.com
- Mysterious Chinese Buyer Of Record Crude Oil Cargoes Revealed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Police Cars Are So Awesome You'll Want To Get Pulled Over | Business Insider
- One Stock Is Responsible For 109 Points Of The Dow Rally | Business Insider
- Here's What Was In The 5,000 Pounds Of Cargo Destroyed In Tuesday's... | Business Insider
- 5 Things You Need To Do If You're In Customer Service | Business Insider
- Most Of The Highest-Paid Players In The World Series Will Not Start Game 7 | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Charlie Rangel Says Some Republicans 'Believe That... | Business Insider