Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Ackman Is Down 18.6% After First 5 Weeks Of 2016; Down 41% From August 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Twitter Unveils In-House "Ministry Of Truth" | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Central Bank Failure Looks Like (Part 2) | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Is Back: 5 Year Sub CDS Soar To Record High | ZeroHedge
- It's Not March 2009... And That's Bad | Financial Sense
- Lines Around The Block To Buy Gold In London; Banks Placing "Unusually Large Orders For Physical" | ZeroHedge
- A Detailed Look At This Morning's Major Market Moves | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mexico just arrested ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán’s suspected money manager | Business Insider
- NATO is beefing up the defenses of its frontline... | Business Insider
- The Ancient Greeks wish they could've used this 'digital' 3D-... | Business Insider
- Students at the U of Michigan are getting tons of emails with Drake's '... | Business Insider
- A hair surgeon reveals why men go bald | Business Insider
- 12 fascinating facts about the Chinese economy | Business Insider
- The US intelligence chief added gene editing to a list of threats that includes North Korea's nukes... | Business Insider