Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Extremely Dangerous" IED Found Under Bridge In Texas | ZeroHedge
- When A Nation Is Doomed - A Definition... | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Gasoline Prices Hit 6 Month High, Keep Rising | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: Drafting Women Means Equality In Slavery | ZeroHedge
- Every Time This Has Happened, A Recession Followed | ZeroHedge
- EIA Inventory Report Analysis and Key Levels to Watch in the Oil Market (Video) | ZeroHedge
- ECB Study says US data 'leaked' to key traders | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Harvard psychologist explains the key to spotting a liar | Business Insider
- 5 things to do in your last semester of college that will prepare you for the real... | Business Insider
- The 12 wealthiest public colleges in America | Business Insider
- Germany is about to legalize marijuana | Business Insider
- Adblock Plus and The Pirate Bay founder have launched a service to let people pay the... | Business Insider
- How a 20-year-old NYU student paid his $48,000 tuition bill in a year | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek