Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meanwhile, This Is Who Is Quietly Buying All The Cheap Oil | ZeroHedge
- Speak, Switzerland! | Financial Sense
- HoW JaPaNeSe HYPeRINFLaTioN STaRTS IN ONe PiCTuRe... | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators Show Possible Rollover | Financial Sense
- Someone Didn't Do The Math On The ECB's Corporate Bond Purchasing "Trial Balloon" | ZeroHedge
- Save Yourself The $250,000: This Is What Bernanke Said Behind Closed Doors | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators Near Stall Speed | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2 Canadian Soldiers Have Been Killed In Acts Of Violence In The Past 2 Days | Business Insider
- UNBOXED: The iPad Air 2 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Staples Investigating Possible Credit Card Data Breach at Stores | TheStreet.com
- 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Office Romance | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's A Quick Guide To What Traders Are Chatting About Right Now | Business Insider