Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Leaked Troika Documents Show Greece Needs Huge Debt Relief | ZeroHedge
- This Insane Debt Chart Explains Why Chinese QE Is Inevitable | ZeroHedge
- Malvinas 2.0? Argentina Plans Asset Seizure Of Falkland Oil Companies | ZeroHedge
- Strap In! China Is Crashing Again | ZeroHedge
- Recession vs. Wealth Inequality | Financial Sense
- When Disruption Gets Too Disruptive | ZeroHedge
- European Regulators Suspend Trading In Greek Bonds Citing "Trading Harmony" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Arnold Schwarzenegger asked Mark Zuckerberg about his workout routine — Here's what... | Business Insider
- This new app uses a clever trick to help you never miss... | Business Insider
- It's a $28.3 billion insurance mega deal (ACE, CB) | Business Insider
- GREECE DEFAULTS (GREK) | Business Insider
- After studying 500 millionaires, a journalist noticed one characteristic they all had in common... | Business Insider
- After 32 years of headaches, David Geffen may sell his... | Business Insider
- Rousseff urges investors to get on Brazil bandwagon | Business Insider