Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 5 Things The Libertarian Party Stands For | ZeroHedge
- What Would Ludwig von Mises Do In Venezuela? | ZeroHedge
- Here's Why All Pension Funds Are Doomed, Doomed, Doomed | Financial Sense
- Former Morgan Stanley Chief Asia Economist: "Don't Listen To The Ruling Elite, The World Economy Is In Real Trouble" | ZeroHedge
- Friday Humor: "Wesley's Boobie Trap" Replaces Strippers With Robots | ZeroHedge
- Should Britain Leave the EU? Two Analysts Debate | Financial Sense
- Bitcoin Surges To 2016 Highs On Rising Chinese Demand; Decouples From Gold | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- EX-UNDERCOVER DEA AGENT: What I did when drug dealers asked me to try... | Business Insider
- A 35-year-old and his wife ditched the rat race for a cabin in... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- How drones will change the world in the next 5 years | Business Insider
- Rich Americans trust old white guys the most | Business Insider
- Consumers have a new mindset about clothes — and it's bad news for Macy's,... | Business Insider
- Save $30 on an excellent pair of Bose earbuds — and more of... | Business Insider