Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Epsilon Theory: Two Discoveries | Financial Sense
- Mission Accomplished | Financial Sense
- Is it Time to Get Defensive? | Financial Sense
- Turkey Arrests Generals Who Stopped Syria-Bound, Weapons-Laden, Spook Trucks | ZeroHedge
- Puerto Rico Avoids $354 Million Default With Absurd Revenue "Clawback" | ZeroHedge
- Internal Bleeding, Cheap Tech, And Falling Angels | ZeroHedge
- The Lull Before The Storm - An Ideal Chance To Exit The Casino, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kenyan university: 1 dead during stampede over drill | Business Insider
- New York state adding $200M more to $2.5B fight against... | Business Insider
- What you need to know about the Paris climate talks | Business Insider
- The FIFA stars who voted for Russia and Qatar | Business Insider
- Eurozone bailout fund releases money for ailing Greek... | Business Insider
- One of the hottest gift items this Christmas just got a huge endorsement from Wall Street (FIT... | Business Insider
- 13 things mentally strong people don't do | Business Insider