Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Felix Zulauf: 2017 Could Be a "Game Changer" | Financial Sense
- Is This The Top? Champagne Shipments To US Reach 2007 Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The World's Deepest Oil Well | ZeroHedge
- Trump "Endorses" Jeanine Pirro's Call For Paul Ryan To Step Down | ZeroHedge
- Mark Cudmore: "The Marginal U.S. Stock Trader Will Be Selling Rather Than Buying This Week" | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- How The Surveillance Program Works, And Who Can Order It: Former Intel Chair Explains | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CREDIT SUISSE: Here's how high-frequency trading has... | Business Insider
- The booming US auto market is starting to get risky | Business Insider
- A Colorado appeals court sided with a group of... | Business Insider
- This slow cooker has developed a cult following around the internet | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- I've tried a lot of Bluetooth headphones, and these are the best I've ever heard | Business Insider
- Hedge fund traders from a legendary desk at Goldman Sachs... | Business Insider