Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ukraine Introduces Capital Controls | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Fears "Pension Funds Will Be Taken To Fund Infrastructure" | ZeroHedge
- Can the Economy Withstand Another Housing Breakdown? | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap September 22, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- New Short/ New Long | iBankCoin.com
- Retailer Tesco Explains How Companies Are "Solidly Beating" Expectations In One Sentence | ZeroHedge
- Last Stand Approaching for Gold | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Celebrities, Politicians, And More Than 300,000 People Show Up To NYC's Climate... | Business Insider
- Stock Market Today: Stocks at Session Lows but Nowhere Near | TheStreet.com
- SHOE COMPANY: Our Ex-CEO Who Disappeared With All Our Money Called Us Over... | Business Insider
- iPhone Users Are Freaking Out After Apple Removed 'Camera... | Business Insider
- You Will Never See iPhone Lines The Same After Watching This Unsettling Video On New York City's... | Business Insider
- Every Point In The Patriots-Raiders Game Was Scored By A 'Kowski' | Business Insider