Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Google Censoring Search Results To Protect Hillary? | ZeroHedge
- The Broken Chessboard: Brzezinski Gives Up On Empire | ZeroHedge
- Herbalife Surges After Icahn Denies WSJ Selling Report, Says He Bought Another 2.3 Million Shares | ZeroHedge
- Is This Hillary Clinton's Roadmap For America? | ZeroHedge
- The EpiPen Scandal Is Worse Than You Think: What You’re Not Being Told | ZeroHedge
- German Economy Minister: "TTIP Talks Have Failed" | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Drones are about to fill the skies within the next 5 years... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- The 21 biggest stars of fall TV you need to know | Business Insider
- Something odd is going on in the market, and it could be setting us up for a... | Business Insider
- These are the languages people most want to learn | Business Insider
- French official: The anti-burkini law in France will... | Business Insider