Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tracking Juno: New York Prepares For One Of Top-5 Snow Storms In History; 50% Of Flights Cancelled | ZeroHedge
- Market Wrap: Global Risk Rattled By Syriza Surge To Power | ZeroHedge
- Lazy Greeks At Fault?? These Two Charts Suggest Otherwise! | ZeroHedge
- Self-Driving “Fully Automated” Vehicles on German Autobahn | Financial Sense
- 94% of Leading Economic Indicators Showing Positive Growth for the U.S. | Financial Sense
- Greek Bonds Battered As Dip-Buyers Rescue Greek Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Greece is the Canary In the Coal Mine for the $100 TRILLION Bond Bubble | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Follow These Twitter Meteorologists For Up-To-The Minute Blizzard Updates | Business Insider
- Only One Of Today's Flood Of Economic Reports Really Matters (DIA... | Business Insider
- LIVE: Apple Earnings! (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Apple Needs To Answer This Question For The Apple... | Business Insider
- How A $12 Million Monet Painting Was Fully Restored After A Man Punched It | Business Insider
- Cramer: $45 a Barrel Oil Is a 'Must-Hold' Level for Many Producers | TheStreet.com
- Spanish casket bears 'Quixote' author's initials | Business Insider