Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Leads The Way Today | iBankCoin.com
- The Fairy Tale Of Portugal's Successful Turnaround | ZeroHedge
- GPRO HAS BOTTOMED | iBankCoin.com
- Lehman Moment For Austrian "Bad Bank" Means Worse Coming | ZeroHedge
- A Peek Inside The Chaos Of A Jobless Claims Website | ZeroHedge
- My Philosophy for 2015 | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: The 145 Solution - Sapience, Not Sentience | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kerry, Lavrov open tough talks on Ukraine, Nemtsov | Business Insider
- Prince William meets Xi, visits sites on China visit | Business Insider
- Syracuse lacrosse team fooled Virginia's defense with an awesome hidden ball... | Business Insider
- Scientists measured 15,000 penises and determined the... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett fired a huge shot at the private equity business (BRKA... | Business Insider
- LIVE: Warren Buffett speaks on CNBC's 'Squawk Box' (BRKA, BRKB) | Business Insider
- Netanyahu is taking a huge risk speaking to Congress, but he only cares about one... | Business Insider