Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Louis Gave: This Is the Single Most Important Thing Happening in the Financial World Today | Financial Sense
- Margin Debt Breaks Out: Hits New Record 50% Higher Than Last Bubble Peak | ZeroHedge
- "The Greek Endgame Is Here": Probability Of IMF Default Now 70%, Says Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- How Healthcare Is Dooming the U.S. Economy (Three Charts) | Financial Sense
- How FIFA Makes (And Spends) Its Money | ZeroHedge
- WeLCoMe To MouNT 9-11 USA... | ZeroHedge
- ECB Cracks A Joke, Says It Will "Publicly" Respond To Allegations It Privately Leaks Market-Moving News | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet the youngest participant in the Scripps... | Business Insider
- Here's what a pilot is thinking when an... | Business Insider
- Eerie diary entries written by the Silk Road founder who just got a... | Business Insider
- 7 human diseases the world is close to eradicating that are worse than smallpox | Business Insider
- The amount of trading going on in China's stock markets is... | Business Insider
- Here’s the case for how Apple could blow up the cable industry | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek