Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hyundai To Boost Investment In The US To $3.1 Billion Over 5 Years | ZeroHedge
- Bonds & Bullion Are Surging As Small Caps Give Up 2017 Gains | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Boosted By Struggling US Dollar | Financial Sense
- Key Events In The Coming Week: Trump Inauguration, Davos, Theresa May, ECB, China GDP | ZeroHedge
- Ackman's Pershing Square Busted For Violating Pay-To-Play Rule; Fined $75,000 | ZeroHedge
- The 2017 Outlook: Shifting Regimes | Financial Sense
- Gundlach: The Biggest Risk to the Current Rally Is Donald Trump | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 hidden features to get the most out of your Xbox One | Business Insider
- PUTIN: The people behind the Trump dossier are 'worse than... | Business Insider
- Here's every piece of land Obama has put under protection during his... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Here’s how much money people on 'The Bachelor' get paid | Business Insider
- Samsung will announce on January 23 what caused... | Business Insider
- 10 countries with the best female coders | Business Insider