Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Bad Could It Get? US Government Order Of 160,000 HazMat Suits Gives A Clue | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators Update | Financial Sense
- Life is Like a Game. Here’s How You Master ANY Game | Altucher Confidential
- ISM Biggest Miss Since January: Orders Tumble, Employment Slides, Backlogs Contract, Construction Spending Negative | ZeroHedge
- Argentina Pushes for Global Debt Restructuring Mechanism | Financial Sense
- Have the Stomach for the Ride | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: October 1 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- There's One Major Problem With Pepsi's New Stevia-Sweetened Drink | Business Insider
- The Founder Of Mysterious Amazon-Killer Jet.com Is Thinking About... | Business Insider
- Dear Marissa Mayer: Here's What You Can Do To Save Your... | Business Insider
- Here's What To Expect From Thursday's Big ECB Meeting | Business Insider
- The Most Important Changes Coming To Windows In The Next Version (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Inside The Dangerous Underground World Of Bounty Hunters... | Business Insider