Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In "Flash Boys," Michael Lewis Misses the Point -- Deliberately | ZeroHedge
- 3D Printing Medical Technology | iBankCoin.com
- Late-Cycle Leaders: Please Do Look at Them in a Vacuum | iBankCoin.com
- A Precious Metals Bull Makes His Last Stand | iBankCoin.com
- BEAR TRAP | iBankCoin.com
- A Bowl Full of Everything | iBankCoin.com
- Furious Chinese Rioters Beat Corrupt Policemen To Death | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 Little Known Facts About Marissa Mayer Before She Became A Tech Rockstar | Business Insider
- What 9 Highly Successful People Wish They Knew Before Starting Their First Jobs | Business Insider
- Want To Become A Billionaire? Just Solve One Of These 10 Problems | Business Insider
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com
- Tim Cook Reveals His Vision For Apple In A Moving Video (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Never Hold A Hot Cup Of Coffee When You're Negotiating | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek