Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New York Governor Cuomo Does Saudi Bidding, Bans Fracking In NY State | ZeroHedge
- JPMorgan Warns, Don't Expect Recent Market Volatility To Alter Fed Tightening Path | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production | Financial Sense
- Russian Food Suppliers Have Begun Halting Shipments | ZeroHedge
- What Tight Lending Conditions: Underwriting Standards Mirror Those Before Subprime Crash, OCC Finds | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen's Last (Considerably Confused) FOMC Press Conference Of 2014 - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Unleash "Scorpion" Bombs In Iraq | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chelsea reach League Cup semis, Saints crash | Business Insider
- Here's How Much Oil The World's Biggest Oil Players Are Sitting On | Business Insider
- 'A Sense Of Panic' May Force... | Business Insider
- These Are The 14 Startups You Should Watch In 2015 | Business Insider
- Today's New York Post Cover Says It All | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- A Notorious Burglar Who Targeted Silicon Valley Startups... | Business Insider