Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond Spreads, Yield Curves, and French Elections | Financial Sense
- Puerto Rico Takes First Steps Toward Bankruptcy-ish Filing | ZeroHedge
- France and Europe Dodge Bullet, Yet Risks Still Ahead | Financial Sense
- Pentagon Inspector General Launches Investigation Of Michael Flynn | ZeroHedge
- Active Management Now More Important than Ever | Financial Sense
- Measuring Hard and Soft Power in a Potential War With North Korea | Financial Sense
- The Next Trade War: Trump Threatens To Terminate "Horrible" Trade Deal With South Korea | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The death of the American mall is forcing Starbucks to make some major... | Business Insider
- New video shows how Syria and Russia spun the chemical... | Business Insider
- Ford's profit drops as higher costs and investments weigh | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- 18 photos that show how much fun astronauts have in space | Business Insider
- 10 things you can learn about money in 10 minutes that will change your life | Business Insider
- A big Cisco naysayer has reversed course and now believes the company... | Business Insider