Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump: "Hillary's Plan For Syria Would Lead to World War III" | ZeroHedge
- Evolution Of An Investor (A Peek Into My Mind) | ZeroHedge
- Why Aren’t Global Markets Freaking Out Over China’s Currency? | Financial Sense
- Pending Home Sales Growth Disappoints As Post-Summer Slump Accelerates | ZeroHedge
- Earnings 'Magic' Exposed | ZeroHedge
- As Calais "Jungle" Burns, Refugees Try To Storm Their Way Back In | ZeroHedge
- Is the Fed Fix in for the election? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 Guinness World Records that brought people together for bizarre and wonderful... | Business Insider
- 'Don't vote for him': Adele riffs... | Business Insider
- Gold Star father Khizr Khan berates Trump from mosque:... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- A Stanford professor explains how to persuade someone to change their mind... | Business Insider
- Chipotle misses big on sales but says next year will be great (CMG) | Business Insider
- Chip Gaines of HGTV's 'Fixer Upper' explains how to know when... | Business Insider