Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Dakota Celebrates, Trump Advisors Propose Privatizing Oil-Rich Indian Reservations | ZeroHedge
- "Fake News" Site Threatens Washington Post With Defamation Suit, Demands Retraction | ZeroHedge
- Doom & Gloom? Perhaps Not | Financial Sense
- Unlike the Twits Who Promoted the Smear Against Alternative Media, We Actually BELIEVE IN American Values | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Shorts At 6 Year Highs; Hedge Funds Quietly Exit Stocks As Oil Shorts Crushed Again | ZeroHedge
- Carrier & The Slippery Slope | ZeroHedge
- Hope and Caution | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know today (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA) | Business Insider
- 'Why is it refreshing to make false... | Business Insider
- OMNICHANNEL STRATEGY BUNDLE: Your guide to... | Business Insider
- The 10 most popular Christmas ads on YouTube in 2016 (GOOG) | Business Insider
- The 'Westworld' finale gave fans a major clue there could be more robot... | Business Insider
- We tested what might be one of the most practical backpacks out there | Business Insider
- Hand-counting ballots looks like a ton of... | Business Insider