Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will FTC Probe Of Largest For-Profit College Lead To Another Billion Dollar Taxpayer Bailout? | ZeroHedge
- Warren Buffett and Elon Musk to Spark a Lithium Boom | Financial Sense
- The Great Greek Fudge | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: "All Wars Are Paid For Through Debasing The Currency" | ZeroHedge
- Quantum Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- Head Of Collapsed Mt.Gox Exchange Arrested With Half A Billion In Bitcoin Still Unaccounted | ZeroHedge
- Third Bailout Generates New Political Division in Greece | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 incredible concert venues around the world | Business Insider
- Here's why the financial tech industry could be set... | Business Insider
- 'Housing Bubble 2' has bloomed into full magnificence | Business Insider
- My life has not been the same since I started using this amazing meditation app | Business Insider
- 5 reasons NOT to jump on the gluten-free bandwagon | Business Insider
- The 29-year-old hacker who was able to take control over GM... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com