Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eurozone Equities: Political Risks versus Strong Macro Crosscurrents | Financial Sense
- POWERFUL GOLD & SILVER COILED SPRINGS: Important Charts You Have To See | ZeroHedge
- Man In Hiding After Confessing To Illegal Fundraising For The Clintons: "Fears Untimely Death" | ZeroHedge
- America's Border Patrol Budget: Spot The Obama Difference | ZeroHedge
- EIA Reports Minor Build in Crude Inventories, Draw in Gasoline Stocks | Financial Sense
- Goldman Downgrades Tesla To "Sell" On Cash And Execution Risk | ZeroHedge
- Mnuchin Manages Expectations On Tax Reform; Warns Trump "Not Touching" Entitlements | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (AAPL) | Business Insider
- A little-known Mexican-food chain run by a former Chipotle exec is crushing it | Business Insider
- Motorola's hot new phone is impressive, but it's totally... | Business Insider
- Manny Pacquiao to fight Britain's Amir Khan on April 23 | Business Insider
- The 10 most powerful agents in the NBA | Business Insider
- The fight for the future of the Democratic Party is about to reach a critical point | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek