Top 3 Dividend Stocks for 2013
They are Exelon (EXC), Safeway (SWY), and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP).
Some are saying that Obama's "Taxmageddon" is going to be a game-over scenario for dividend stocks.
However, we don't think so. Here's why.
Institutional buyers of dividend stocks are taxed at their own rate so they did not benefit from the 2003 cut in dividend taxes anyway - which means they won't suffer from a new increase.
And even among retail investors, many have their investments in 401(k)s or IRAs. These holders will continue to receive dividends that won't be immediately taxed.
The talk is that if we fall off the fiscal cliff, taxes on dividends will revert to the full income tax rate of each individual taxpayer.
For the top retail taxpayers that are not investing using a tax-deferred account, that means the top rate on dividends will rise from 15% to 43.4% if dividends become fully taxable again.
And lastly, Bernanke is saying short term interest loans are going to stay low until 2015. Dividend yields should still offer an attractive yield compared to bonds.
Enough said, now let's get to the stocks:
Exelon (EXC) - 7% yield
Shares of the $25B Utility giant are down 28% YTD, yet it has not cut its dividend. On November 1st, EXC announced earnings that beat on EPS and they upped Guidance.
Over the past 12 months Exelon Corp (EXC) shares have traded between $28.4 and its 52-week high of $44.45. Exelon Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 15.9 and EPS of 1.87.
Safeway (SWY) Dividend Yield - 4.15%
Over the past 12 months Safeway Inc (SWY) shares have traded between $14.73 and its 52-week high of $23.16. Safeway Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.8 and EPS of 2.07.
Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) Dividend Yield - 8.27%
Over the past 12 months Energy Transfer Partners LP (ETP) shares have traded between $40.19 and its 52-week high of $51. Energy Transfer Partners LP shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.4 and EPS of 4.53.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Trap Has Been Laid | iBankCoin.com
- France Considers Forcing Google to Disclose Search Algorithm; Too Much Satisfaction! | Financial Sense
- Signs That 'The Elites' Are Feverishly Preparing For Something Big | ZeroHedge
- Which Is the Greater Threat to Investors – Inflation or Deflation? | Financial Sense
- Has The Fed Already Lost? | ZeroHedge
- Meet Fiery Cross Reef, China's Man-Made Military Island Outpost | ZeroHedge
- Did Presidential Candidate, Marco Rubio, Make A Deal With The Devil? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Unfriended' may sound dumb, but it's actually brilliant | Business Insider
- How our diets have changed in the last 22 years | Business Insider
- New Google security chief looks for balance with privacy | Business Insider
- British royal baby's first A to Z | Business Insider
- 37 incredible drone photos from across the globe that would... | Business Insider
- Two roommates stabbed each other during a heated iPhone vs.... | Business Insider
- 41 pictures that will change how you look at rabbits forever | Business Insider