Top 3 Dividend Stocks for 2013
They are Exelon (EXC), Safeway (SWY), and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP).
Some are saying that Obama's "Taxmageddon" is going to be a game-over scenario for dividend stocks.
However, we don't think so. Here's why.
Institutional buyers of dividend stocks are taxed at their own rate so they did not benefit from the 2003 cut in dividend taxes anyway - which means they won't suffer from a new increase.
And even among retail investors, many have their investments in 401(k)s or IRAs. These holders will continue to receive dividends that won't be immediately taxed.
The talk is that if we fall off the fiscal cliff, taxes on dividends will revert to the full income tax rate of each individual taxpayer.
For the top retail taxpayers that are not investing using a tax-deferred account, that means the top rate on dividends will rise from 15% to 43.4% if dividends become fully taxable again.
And lastly, Bernanke is saying short term interest loans are going to stay low until 2015. Dividend yields should still offer an attractive yield compared to bonds.
Enough said, now let's get to the stocks:
Exelon (EXC) - 7% yield
Shares of the $25B Utility giant are down 28% YTD, yet it has not cut its dividend. On November 1st, EXC announced earnings that beat on EPS and they upped Guidance.
Over the past 12 months Exelon Corp (EXC) shares have traded between $28.4 and its 52-week high of $44.45. Exelon Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 15.9 and EPS of 1.87.
Safeway (SWY) Dividend Yield - 4.15%
Over the past 12 months Safeway Inc (SWY) shares have traded between $14.73 and its 52-week high of $23.16. Safeway Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.8 and EPS of 2.07.
Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) Dividend Yield - 8.27%
Over the past 12 months Energy Transfer Partners LP (ETP) shares have traded between $40.19 and its 52-week high of $51. Energy Transfer Partners LP shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.4 and EPS of 4.53.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Democrats Unveil 'Transition' Team | ZeroHedge
- Reva Goujon: Global Forces Indicate 2017 Is Shaping Up to Be a Big Year | Financial Sense
- Donald Trump Is Time Magazine's 2016 "Person Of The Year" | ZeroHedge
- Italy PM Renzi To Resign Today After Approval Of Budget Bill | ZeroHedge
- Will 2017 See Peak Fragility? | ZeroHedge
- With Assad On Verge Of Historic Victory, Syrian Rebels Request A Ceasefire | ZeroHedge
- ECB Stuns Markets, Announces Tapering Of Bond Purchases To €60 Billion | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 tips to decorate your home like a rich person, when your... | Business Insider
- Mexico's troubles have nothing to do with Trump | Business Insider
- Michael Moore makes a new Trump prediction: He may quit 'before... | Business Insider
- Bloomberg terminals are acting up for some users | Business Insider
- A financial psychologist reveals the 'most... | Business Insider
- 5 charts show how the American economy can grow without destroying the environment | Business Insider
- The 40 best Reuters photos of the year | Business Insider