Top 3 Dividend Stocks for 2013
They are Exelon (EXC), Safeway (SWY), and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP).
Some are saying that Obama's "Taxmageddon" is going to be a game-over scenario for dividend stocks.
However, we don't think so. Here's why.
Institutional buyers of dividend stocks are taxed at their own rate so they did not benefit from the 2003 cut in dividend taxes anyway - which means they won't suffer from a new increase.
And even among retail investors, many have their investments in 401(k)s or IRAs. These holders will continue to receive dividends that won't be immediately taxed.
The talk is that if we fall off the fiscal cliff, taxes on dividends will revert to the full income tax rate of each individual taxpayer.
For the top retail taxpayers that are not investing using a tax-deferred account, that means the top rate on dividends will rise from 15% to 43.4% if dividends become fully taxable again.
And lastly, Bernanke is saying short term interest loans are going to stay low until 2015. Dividend yields should still offer an attractive yield compared to bonds.
Enough said, now let's get to the stocks:
Exelon (EXC) - 7% yield
Shares of the $25B Utility giant are down 28% YTD, yet it has not cut its dividend. On November 1st, EXC announced earnings that beat on EPS and they upped Guidance.
Over the past 12 months Exelon Corp (EXC) shares have traded between $28.4 and its 52-week high of $44.45. Exelon Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 15.9 and EPS of 1.87.
Safeway (SWY) Dividend Yield - 4.15%
Over the past 12 months Safeway Inc (SWY) shares have traded between $14.73 and its 52-week high of $23.16. Safeway Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.8 and EPS of 2.07.
Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) Dividend Yield - 8.27%
Over the past 12 months Energy Transfer Partners LP (ETP) shares have traded between $40.19 and its 52-week high of $51. Energy Transfer Partners LP shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.4 and EPS of 4.53.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Are The Odds That The 2020-2022 Olympics Will Be Cancelled? | ZeroHedge
- WTI Slides After Biggest Inventory Build In 4 Months | ZeroHedge
- July New Home Sales Soar to 12.4% Month-over-Month, Surprises Forecast | Financial Sense
- Four Iran Ships "Harassed" US Destroyer, Carried Out "High Speed Intercept" In Strait Of Hormuz | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 24, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand With 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- Gilts Spike After Cover Ratio In Today's 15Y+ POMO Tumbles, BOE Buys All Bonds At Premium | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LinkedIn's HR chief shares her best career advice for 20-... | Business Insider
- The 30 smartest celebrities in Hollywood | Business Insider
- Elite colleges are ditching a major admissions requirement | Business Insider
- 6 video games you probably didn't know were based on books | Business Insider
- Top agency talent weighs in on the emerging ad landscape | Business Insider
- J.K. Rowling won't stop expanding the 'Harry Potter'... | Business Insider
- A 'potentially significant market shift' is happening in housing | Business Insider