Dendreon was worth the Gamble
Earlier this month we said throwing a few bucks at Dendreon Inc (DNDN) when it was trading at $4.07 was worth the gamble. Turned out it was in spades as DNDN shares are up 17% at $4.54. Expectations were so low, that today's so-so news was enough to rally shares.
Here's the 411 on Dendreon's move today, congrats to all those who listened to us:
The company posted a third-quarter net loss of $154.9 million, or $1.04 per share, compared with a loss of $147.1 million, or $1.00 per share, a year ago.
Excluding certain items, the company lost 59 cents. On that basis, analysts on average had expected an 86-cent loss, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly revenue rose to $78.0 million from $64.3 million.
Dendreon said its restructuring is on track and that it expects to see benefits associated with the initiative to be fully realized in the third quarter of 2013.
Dendreon was left for dead as we said. All it takes is some hope to boost a stock that is trading in the $4 range.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is it Autumn 2007 All Over Again? | ZeroHedge
- Mother Nature Massacres Natural Gas Bulls | ZeroHedge
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
- US PMIs Tumble, Catch Down To 'Hard Data' Disappointment As "Post-Election Upturn Loses Momentum" | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Equities: Political Risks versus Strong Macro Crosscurrents | Financial Sense
- Sales and Earnings Back At Highs, But So Are Valuations | Financial Sense
- Solar Installations Surge 95% In 2016 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One of the best electric toothbrushes you can buy isn’t from a big name brand | Business Insider
- CSX CEO Michael Ward is retiring | Business Insider
- Chipotle is fixing one of its customers' top complaints (CMG) | Business Insider
- Families say homeopathic remedies harmed hundreds of... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 6 tech gadgets to help you get through your commute | Business Insider
- Save up to 50% on Patagonia's best winter gear — and more of today's... | Business Insider