Dendreon was worth the Gamble
Earlier this month we said throwing a few bucks at Dendreon Inc (DNDN) when it was trading at $4.07 was worth the gamble. Turned out it was in spades as DNDN shares are up 17% at $4.54. Expectations were so low, that today's so-so news was enough to rally shares.
Here's the 411 on Dendreon's move today, congrats to all those who listened to us:
The company posted a third-quarter net loss of $154.9 million, or $1.04 per share, compared with a loss of $147.1 million, or $1.00 per share, a year ago.
Excluding certain items, the company lost 59 cents. On that basis, analysts on average had expected an 86-cent loss, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly revenue rose to $78.0 million from $64.3 million.
Dendreon said its restructuring is on track and that it expects to see benefits associated with the initiative to be fully realized in the third quarter of 2013.
Dendreon was left for dead as we said. All it takes is some hope to boost a stock that is trading in the $4 range.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hedge Funds which are really Money Managers have become Dumb Money (Video) | ZeroHedge
- 'Cost-Burdened-Renters' Surge To Historic Highs As Hillbama-nomics Fails For Low-Income Faithful | ZeroHedge
- How The Pentagon Is Preparing For A Tank War With Russia | ZeroHedge
- 2016 Is the Year of Cheap Renewables, Not Oil | Financial Sense
- Civil Uprising Escalates As 8th EU Nation Threatens Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Gloats: "The Crusader Union Falls Apart" | ZeroHedge
- Is Brexit The First Of Many Dominoes? A Few Charts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Belgium just detains two people after new anti-terror raids | Business Insider
- EU commissioner: Volkswagen should pay... | Business Insider
- Turmoil at one of the world's largest oil producers might drive up prices | Business Insider
- The 'Netflix of luxury watches' can put a Rolex on your wrist for $150 | Business Insider
- Life as an investment banker is miserable right now | Business Insider
- 11 things to do in your 20s to become a millionaire by 30 | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider