Dendreon was worth the Gamble
Earlier this month we said throwing a few bucks at Dendreon Inc (DNDN) when it was trading at $4.07 was worth the gamble. Turned out it was in spades as DNDN shares are up 17% at $4.54. Expectations were so low, that today's so-so news was enough to rally shares.
Here's the 411 on Dendreon's move today, congrats to all those who listened to us:
The company posted a third-quarter net loss of $154.9 million, or $1.04 per share, compared with a loss of $147.1 million, or $1.00 per share, a year ago.
Excluding certain items, the company lost 59 cents. On that basis, analysts on average had expected an 86-cent loss, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly revenue rose to $78.0 million from $64.3 million.
Dendreon said its restructuring is on track and that it expects to see benefits associated with the initiative to be fully realized in the third quarter of 2013.
Dendreon was left for dead as we said. All it takes is some hope to boost a stock that is trading in the $4 range.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Risk Appetite At 2006 Levels - Nears 'Euphoria' | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan Policy Meeting Preview - Chance Of A Bond Crash? | ZeroHedge
- Financial Euphoria | Financial Sense
- Goldman: "Our View Is That Tapering Is Announced At The December FOMC Meeting" | ZeroHedge
- Rainy-Day Economics… | ZeroHedge
- LOOONG STRAWS | iBankCoin.com
- Thanks To QE Bernanke Has Injected Foreign Banks With Over $1 Trillion In Cash For First Time Ever | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 13 Major Suburbs Where Poverty Is Soaring | Business Insider
- WHAT SCANDALS? Obama's Approval Rating Is... | Business Insider
- Piers Morgan Is Writing A 'Warts And All' Book... | Business Insider
- The Inventor Of The GIF Says Everyone Is... | Business Insider
- The Tracking Solutions That Could Lead An Explosion In Mobile Marketing | Business Insider
- Check Out The Hamptons Club Where The Champagne Arrives By Parachute | Business Insider