Dendreon was worth the Gamble
Earlier this month we said throwing a few bucks at Dendreon Inc (DNDN) when it was trading at $4.07 was worth the gamble. Turned out it was in spades as DNDN shares are up 17% at $4.54. Expectations were so low, that today's so-so news was enough to rally shares.
Here's the 411 on Dendreon's move today, congrats to all those who listened to us:
The company posted a third-quarter net loss of $154.9 million, or $1.04 per share, compared with a loss of $147.1 million, or $1.00 per share, a year ago.
Excluding certain items, the company lost 59 cents. On that basis, analysts on average had expected an 86-cent loss, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly revenue rose to $78.0 million from $64.3 million.
Dendreon said its restructuring is on track and that it expects to see benefits associated with the initiative to be fully realized in the third quarter of 2013.
Dendreon was left for dead as we said. All it takes is some hope to boost a stock that is trading in the $4 range.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A History Of Manufactured Regime Change And Civil Unrest: Is America Next? | ZeroHedge
- TRoLL MaGaZiNe | ZeroHedge
- 85% Of Wall Street Expects a "Dovish Hike Signal" From Yellen Tomorrow | ZeroHedge
- How Canada Is Handling the Flood of Chinese Money | Financial Sense
- FBI Reports Linking Hillary To Vince Foster "Suicide" Disappear From National Archives | ZeroHedge
- A Typical Pattern Shows We’re Headed for Recession | Financial Sense
- What the New SEC Money Market Fund Regulations Mean for the Financial System | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US retailers should look to the UK in order to... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- This crazy 'Star Wars' theory flips everything we know about Rey in 'The... | Business Insider
- You won’t recognize the new world of digital payments without... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton: 'A fringe element has effectively taken over the... | Business Insider
- We’re obsessed with these sheets — the company behind them wants to... | Business Insider
- 10 vacation costs that can add up quickly without you... | Business Insider