Dendreon was worth the Gamble
Earlier this month we said throwing a few bucks at Dendreon Inc (DNDN) when it was trading at $4.07 was worth the gamble. Turned out it was in spades as DNDN shares are up 17% at $4.54. Expectations were so low, that today's so-so news was enough to rally shares.
Here's the 411 on Dendreon's move today, congrats to all those who listened to us:
The company posted a third-quarter net loss of $154.9 million, or $1.04 per share, compared with a loss of $147.1 million, or $1.00 per share, a year ago.
Excluding certain items, the company lost 59 cents. On that basis, analysts on average had expected an 86-cent loss, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly revenue rose to $78.0 million from $64.3 million.
Dendreon said its restructuring is on track and that it expects to see benefits associated with the initiative to be fully realized in the third quarter of 2013.
Dendreon was left for dead as we said. All it takes is some hope to boost a stock that is trading in the $4 range.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BofAML Warns 'Bad Breadth' May Spoil 2014's Stock Market Party | ZeroHedge
- Treasury "Out" Of GM For $10.5 Billion Loss (Claims 768% ROI) | ZeroHedge
- Small Bombs Under $10 | iBankCoin.com
- Wholesale Inventories Spike Most In 2 Years As "Hollow Growth" Continues | ZeroHedge
- GDP Q3 Second Estimate Rises to 3.6% | Financial Sense
- The Stuka | Financial Sense
- US Gets Involved In Another Foreign Conflict, Will Support French Troops In Central African Republic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Special K Made A Fake Clothing Store To Confront Women Over How Much They Talk About Being Fat... | Business Insider
- Here's What Dick Vitale Looked Like When He Made... | Business Insider
- Bitcoin Has Made A Major Comeback | Business Insider
- Ousted Co-Founder Slams Snapchat's Restraining Order As 'Meritless' | Business Insider
- The New York Times Gave An Incredibly Rare 4-Star Review To A Tiny Sushi... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- There's Now Even More Conservative Opposition... | Business Insider