Dendreon was worth the Gamble
Earlier this month we said throwing a few bucks at Dendreon Inc (DNDN) when it was trading at $4.07 was worth the gamble. Turned out it was in spades as DNDN shares are up 17% at $4.54. Expectations were so low, that today's so-so news was enough to rally shares.
Here's the 411 on Dendreon's move today, congrats to all those who listened to us:
The company posted a third-quarter net loss of $154.9 million, or $1.04 per share, compared with a loss of $147.1 million, or $1.00 per share, a year ago.
Excluding certain items, the company lost 59 cents. On that basis, analysts on average had expected an 86-cent loss, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly revenue rose to $78.0 million from $64.3 million.
Dendreon said its restructuring is on track and that it expects to see benefits associated with the initiative to be fully realized in the third quarter of 2013.
Dendreon was left for dead as we said. All it takes is some hope to boost a stock that is trading in the $4 range.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ROFL NATO! | ZeroHedge
- "Hillary For President" Fundraiser Busted For Illegal Campaign Contributions | ZeroHedge
- On a More Positive Note… | iBankCoin.com
- Year of the Gas | Financial Sense
- Dow Soars 350 Points In 27 Hours | ZeroHedge
- BP Manager In Charge of Cleaning Up the Gulf Oil Spill Sold $1 Million In BP Stock Before the Severity of Spill Became Known | ZeroHedge
- Obama And Biden Explain How Great The Economy And Stocks Are - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CHART OF THE DAY: The Stock Market Is More Expensive Than Usual | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- It's All Smiles For Biden And Obama In Latest Presidential Selfie | Business Insider
- Facebook Can Now Track Your Precise Location Continuously Through Your... | Business Insider
- San Francisco Billionaire Wants Tech CEOs To Give Money To The City's Poor... | Business Insider
- Honda's Famous 'Asimo' Robot Has Learned A Bunch Of New Tricks | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: WFM SBUX MRK STZ | TheStreet.com