Dendreon was worth the Gamble
Earlier this month we said throwing a few bucks at Dendreon Inc (DNDN) when it was trading at $4.07 was worth the gamble. Turned out it was in spades as DNDN shares are up 17% at $4.54. Expectations were so low, that today's so-so news was enough to rally shares.
Here's the 411 on Dendreon's move today, congrats to all those who listened to us:
The company posted a third-quarter net loss of $154.9 million, or $1.04 per share, compared with a loss of $147.1 million, or $1.00 per share, a year ago.
Excluding certain items, the company lost 59 cents. On that basis, analysts on average had expected an 86-cent loss, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly revenue rose to $78.0 million from $64.3 million.
Dendreon said its restructuring is on track and that it expects to see benefits associated with the initiative to be fully realized in the third quarter of 2013.
Dendreon was left for dead as we said. All it takes is some hope to boost a stock that is trading in the $4 range.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THE RAILS WILL GET THEIR REVENGE | iBankCoin.com
- QE FOR LIFE, HOMIE | iBankCoin.com
- FOMC Ends The QE Dream, Keeps "Considerable" Period Hopes Alive - Full Statement Redline | ZeroHedge
- It’s Alive! | iBankCoin.com
- The European Central Bank Embarks on Asset Purchases | Financial Sense
- Good Riddance To QE - It Was Just Plain Financial Fraud | ZeroHedge
- The Chunnel Tunnel in Effect | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Wall Street Tycoon And Milwaukee Bucks Owner Has Listed His NYC... | Business Insider
- Sweden recognises Palestinian state | Business Insider
- Rocket failure casts spotlight on risks of space flight | Business Insider
- The Director Of The Viral Catcalling Video Explains Why It Was Actually Street... | Business Insider
- Auto Sales Rise in October but Pricing Outlook Concerns Ford and GM | TheStreet.com
- Worried About Missing the Boat on Alibaba's Huge Run? Don’t Fret | TheStreet.com
- Legal costs push Deutsche Bank into red in Q3 | Business Insider