Dendreon was worth the Gamble
Earlier this month we said throwing a few bucks at Dendreon Inc (DNDN) when it was trading at $4.07 was worth the gamble. Turned out it was in spades as DNDN shares are up 17% at $4.54. Expectations were so low, that today's so-so news was enough to rally shares.
Here's the 411 on Dendreon's move today, congrats to all those who listened to us:
The company posted a third-quarter net loss of $154.9 million, or $1.04 per share, compared with a loss of $147.1 million, or $1.00 per share, a year ago.
Excluding certain items, the company lost 59 cents. On that basis, analysts on average had expected an 86-cent loss, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly revenue rose to $78.0 million from $64.3 million.
Dendreon said its restructuring is on track and that it expects to see benefits associated with the initiative to be fully realized in the third quarter of 2013.
Dendreon was left for dead as we said. All it takes is some hope to boost a stock that is trading in the $4 range.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germany Shuts Down Canadian Bank Tied To Money Laundering | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: How To Defeat Your Government | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach: Bonds Won't Bottom Until Panic Sends VIX Above 40 | ZeroHedge
- "People In The Market For Many, Many Years Have Been Replaced By An Algorithm" | ZeroHedge
- The American Dream Is Dead (And Now Even The Mainstream Media Is Starting To Admit It) | ZeroHedge
- Europe Closes "On The Lows": Deutsche Bank Plunges 11% To 7 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Abenomics Fails Miserably As Japan's Workers "Get Nothing" In 2015 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Watch this robot hit the same hole-in-one Tiger Woods did in 1997 | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Man confronts Donald Trump: Could you look at refugee children 'in the face... | Business Insider
- This Caribbean island is completely overrun with swimming pigs | Business Insider
- The Super Bowl's 'Woo Guy' earned the hatred of fans everywhere | Business Insider
- The 8 most bizarre foreign military uniforms | Business Insider