Dendreon was worth the Gamble
Earlier this month we said throwing a few bucks at Dendreon Inc (DNDN) when it was trading at $4.07 was worth the gamble. Turned out it was in spades as DNDN shares are up 17% at $4.54. Expectations were so low, that today's so-so news was enough to rally shares.
Here's the 411 on Dendreon's move today, congrats to all those who listened to us:
The company posted a third-quarter net loss of $154.9 million, or $1.04 per share, compared with a loss of $147.1 million, or $1.00 per share, a year ago.
Excluding certain items, the company lost 59 cents. On that basis, analysts on average had expected an 86-cent loss, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly revenue rose to $78.0 million from $64.3 million.
Dendreon said its restructuring is on track and that it expects to see benefits associated with the initiative to be fully realized in the third quarter of 2013.
Dendreon was left for dead as we said. All it takes is some hope to boost a stock that is trading in the $4 range.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WikiLeaks Tweets "Heavily Armed Police" Outside Ecuadorian Embassy; Says Assange Is Still Alive | ZeroHedge
- Third Wave Of Internet Cyber Attacks Lauched, Dyn Warns | ZeroHedge
- The United States Of Refugees | ZeroHedge
- Here's The 30 Seconds After The Last Debate That CNN Would Rather You Didn't See | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Support For Legalizing Marijuana Hits All-Time High | ZeroHedge
- Is Information On Google's Ties To The U.S. Government Wikileaks’ Next Focus? | ZeroHedge
- December Rate Hike Considerations | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- If you're looking for the perfect first car, you should check out the Mazda CX-3... | Business Insider
- Here's how to survive the zombie apocalypse according to 'The Walking Dead' fans | Business Insider
- The highway that links Silicon Valley with San Francisco has the strangest billboards in the world | Business Insider
- This levitating indoor cloud actually has its own... | Business Insider
- This is why the paint job on Volvo's newest car blew our minds | Business Insider
- I saved 50% of my income for a month and the hardest part wasn't cutting back my spending | Business Insider
- Americans shouldn't have to register to vote at all | Business Insider