3 Special Dividend Stocks for 2012
Oracle Corp (ORCL), Tellabs Inc (TLAB) and Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) are paying out special dividends before the end of 2012. Here's the details and when you need to buy to cash in on the one time special 2012 dividends.
Tellabs (TLAB): Buy on/before Dec 14th for a $1 cash dividend per share. Tellabs shares are at $3.36 today.
Last week Tellabs Inc. (TLAB) announced that its board declared a special cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend is payable on December 21 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on December 14. The company has no debt. A $1 payout for a stock that trades for $3 is an amazing special dividend. Keep in mind with today's share price a $1 special dividend for TLAB is equal to 29% of its share price. Instant cash fellow Masters, that is the highest yield you will find for any special dividend issued in 2012.
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS): Buy on/before Dec 10th for a $2.75 cash dividend per share. The Sands shares are at $45.48.
Las Vegas Sands is paying out a special cash dividend on its outstanding common stock payable on December 18, 2012 to shareholders of record on December 10, 2012. Las Vegas Sands is all about the dividend in 2012, they upped their annual dividend to $1.40 per share beginning in 2013.
Oracle Corporation (ORCL): Buy on/before Dec 14th for a 18 cents per share cash dividend. Oracle shares are down 2% today to $31.62.
Oracle jumped on board the special 2012 dividend train yesterday. The company announced it would pay its Q2, Q3, and Q4 dividends before the year is up. That comes to $0.18 per share. You need to buy before/on Dec 14th to cash in on the special dividend paid on Dec 21st.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- And Scene: Ben Bernanke Says More People Should Have Gone To Jail For Causing The Great Recession | ZeroHedge
- Manifesto - The Values of Value Investing | ZeroHedge
- Stock Market Reaches Key Post-Crash Milestone | ZeroHedge
- Doctors Accuse White House Of Lying To Justify "Collateral Damage" In Kabul Hospital Bombing | ZeroHedge
- China’s Leadership: Brilliant or Clueless? | Financial Sense
- Global Stocks, Futures Jump On Barrage Of Bad Economic News; Glencore Surges, Volkswagen Slumps | ZeroHedge
- Egypt’s Gas Find Sets Mediterranean Geopolitics on Fire | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet Val the bartender: Hillary Clinton does an 'SNL... | Business Insider
- Iraq officials: car bombs in Iraq kill 18, wound 45 | Business Insider
- Search off Bahamas for lost ship turns up debris, no... | Business Insider
- Campbell, Omura, Tu win Nobel medicine prize | Business Insider
- High unemployment and inflation make these 18 countries the most 'miserable... | Business Insider
- Turkey says Russian airstrikes in Syria 'unacceptable... | Business Insider
- Flash floods on French Riviera kill at least 13 | Business Insider