Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Prices Spike 2% to 1-Month High as U.S. Stocks Dump With Bond Yields on Poor Retail Sales Data | Financial Sense
- Equity Levitation Stumbles After Second ECB Denial Of Corporate Bond Buying, Report Of 11 Stress Test Failures | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Carry Trade: U.S. Banks Buying Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Big Four Economic Indicators Show Possible Rollover | Financial Sense
- Land Of The Free? 1 In 3 Americans Are On File With The FBI In The US Police State | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Claims It Hit US Embassy In Baghdad's Green Zone | ZeroHedge
- Spot The "Broken Market" Day | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Woman charged after baby corpses found in Canada... | Business Insider
- Take A Rare Peek Inside The Massive Data Centers That Power Google | Business Insider
- Hong Kong's Leader Says That Poor People Would Ruin A Free... | Business Insider
- This Phone Has No Frame Around Its Display, But It's Missing A Few Other Things... | Business Insider
- UNC Athletics Department Staff Members Used This Insane Slide To Defend Fake... | Business Insider
- Morgan Spurlock's New Short Film Explains The Market Economy So Even A Caveman... | Business Insider
- Inflation Inches Up (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider