Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Last Days Of The Growth Story | ZeroHedge
- Chain Store Sales Growth Worst Since 2010 (Or Why "The Fed Turned The Market Around") | ZeroHedge
- Ready to Take Some Lumps, if Need Be | iBankCoin.com
- Central Banker Admits Central Bank Policy Leads To Wealth Inequality | ZeroHedge
- If You Like Your Broken Markets... Treasury Futures Edition | ZeroHedge
- Equity Levitation Stumbles After Second ECB Denial Of Corporate Bond Buying, Report Of 11 Stress Test Failures | ZeroHedge
- A Tale of Two Economies - It Was the Better of Times, It Was the Worst of Times | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- YELP SHARES CRASH (YELP) | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (AAPL, GOOG, YELP, TWTR,... | Business Insider
- Myanmar migrants retract British tourist murders... | Business Insider
- The World's Second Biggest Retailer Is Getting Hammered As Profits Collapse 90% | Business Insider
- The 11 Most Popular Apps Employees Use At Work | Business Insider
- Caterpillar Crushes Expectations And The Stock Is Going Nuts (CAT) | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com