Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Kaine Implies Hillary Should Be Prosecuted For Mishandling Classified Information | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 25 | ZeroHedge
- "Bedlam" As Wasserman Schultz Boo'd, Heckled Off Stage By DNC Delegates | ZeroHedge
- "An Extraordinary Development": Record Swiss Gold Flow Into The United States | ZeroHedge
- FBI Launches Probe Of 'Putin/Trump' DNC Cyber-Attack | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Fed Outlook Contracts For 19th Straight Month With Wages Crashing To Sept 2013 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Makes History As First Female Presidential Nominee | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 55 buildings in New York City you need to see in your lifetime | Business Insider
- Sigourney Weaver is working on a new 'Alien' movie and it sounds amazing | Business Insider
- 3 characteristics the most persuasive speeches share | Business Insider
- IT'S OFFICIAL: Hillary Clinton nominated as first major-party female... | Business Insider
- The mayor of New York City is reportedly under... | Business Insider
- 7 one-minute psychological tricks that will make you more successful | Business Insider
- Some Sanders-supporters are so furious about Clinton’s nomination... | Business Insider