Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank Jog: Deutsche Bank's Demand Deposits Tumble By 13% In Q3 | ZeroHedge
- Ugly! "Failure Almost Guaranteed" Regardless Of Who Wins The Election | ZeroHedge
- Evolution Of An Investor (A Peek Into My Mind) | ZeroHedge
- Moody’s: The M&A Market Is Flashing a Red Warning Sign | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: ISIS Destroys Abrams Tank With Anti-Tank Missile | ZeroHedge
- Forget OPEC The Oil Market Is Rebalancing (Video) | ZeroHedge
- What is dirt cheap and better than Obamacare, drugs, chiropractors, or internet porn? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the raw materials we need to fuel the electric car boom | Business Insider
- The woman behind 'female Viagra' sold her company for $1 billion — that's... | Business Insider
- THE APP ENGAGEMENT REPORT: The tools and tactics brands, marketers, and app... | Business Insider
- I've read 12 books about money over the past year — and 3 key pieces of advice... | Business Insider
- 15 items you should always buy on Amazon | Business Insider
- The vital information missing from New York's unprecedented gun... | Business Insider
- A soldier's photos from Iraq reveal a beautiful yet hellish landscape that... | Business Insider