Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- War On The Homeless: Cities Across America Are Making It Illegal To Feed And Shelter Those In Need | ZeroHedge
- Black American Confidence Collapses Post-Trump, Whites At 11-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- This Is the Purge We All Knew Was Coming: "Shutting Down Extremist Content" | ZeroHedge
- Catalysts for Higher Global Bond Yields | Financial Sense
- Boom and Bust | Financial Sense
- Turkey Maneuvers to Escape Its Dollar Trap | Financial Sense
- Which Of These Would You Rather Have In Your Safe? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- More than 150,000 people in Aleppo are '... | Business Insider
- Carrier worker: It's 'crazy' we have a president-elect going... | Business Insider
- Why leaving a job that's perfect on paper can be a success, not a... | Business Insider
- Some lawmakers think they can keep Social Security on life support for 75 more years... | Business Insider
- OMNICHANNEL STRATEGY BUNDLE: Your guide to... | Business Insider
- Why people believe lies and Trump's conspiracy theories | Business Insider
- Georgia police officer killed, second wounded... | Business Insider