Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Italy's Renzi Goes Toe-to-Toe with the EU over Italy's Troubled Banks | ZeroHedge
- Reagan Shooter John Hinckley Jr Released, Will Live With His Mother | ZeroHedge
- Might The Donald Be Good For Peace? | ZeroHedge
- Acampora: With Rates at These Levels, Stocks May Have Years Left to Run | Financial Sense
- Market Recap Jul 26, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Assange: "A Lot More Material" Will Be Released | ZeroHedge
- Our Monetary System Favors The Rich & Hurts The Poor | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia denies its aircraft violated Bulgarian airspace | Business Insider
- US News: These are the 6 best cars for teens | Business Insider
- These are the 20 best-selling audiobooks of 2016 so far | Business Insider
- If Apple misses this key number, it means Tim Cook is misjudging his business (AAPL... | Business Insider
- 8 subtle signs an employee is exceptional | Business Insider
- Olympic athletes are zapping their brains to improve training — here's how it... | Business Insider
- How to stop feeling so exhausted all the time | Business Insider