Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Rising (Central Bank) Tide Turns Everyone Into A Genius | ZeroHedge
- US Military Begins Moving THAAD Anti-Missile System Into South Korea Deployment Site | ZeroHedge
- Ethereum Surges To All Time High As SEC Considers Ether-based ETF | ZeroHedge
- Crashing Canadian Mortgage Lender Bailed-Out By 321,000 Retired Ontario Healthcare Workers | ZeroHedge
- Gas Prices In North Korea Shoot Up 83% As China Mulls Oil Embargo | Financial Sense
- Blistering Foreign Demand In Blockbuster 2 Year Auction; Highest Indirects In 8 Years | ZeroHedge
- Still Confused About Trump's 1-Page Tax Plan? Goldman Explains It All | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Twitter sees best user growth in over a year (TWTR) | Business Insider
- 6 little-known tricks that can help you upgrade your... | Business Insider
- House Oversight chair: It looks like Michael Flynn broke the law with Russian... | Business Insider
- THE VOICE ASSISTANT LANDSCAPE REPORT: How artificially intelligent voice assistants are changing... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Man who ambushed Pennsylvania troopers at their barracks, killing 1, is sentenced to... | Business Insider
- If you want to retire early, follow these 6 savings life... | Business Insider