Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Central Bank Credibility, The Equity Markets, And Gold | ZeroHedge
- A Tale Of Two Credit Markets: New Auto Loans Highest In 9 Years As New Mortgages Slump Near Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- Scorching Demand For 5 Year Treasurys: Indirect Bid Highest On Record | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Car Ploughs Into Demonstrators During Ferguson Rally In Minneapolis | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: A Rant - What I Learned From Ferguson | ZeroHedge
- The 2014 Oil Price Crash Explained | ZeroHedge
- Burgers and Lock Ups | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Airbnb Exec Thinks The Company Should Win A Nobel Peace Prize | Business Insider
- You Can Get One Of The Best Android Phones In The World Basically For Free... | Business Insider
- Hughes' blow a cruel example of cricket's risks | Business Insider
- The Mistral Warship Fiasco Reflects France... | Business Insider
- The Amount Of Money On The Line In The College Football Playoff Is A Lot Less Than You... | Business Insider
- Jet-lagged McIlroy in early Australian Open golf hunt | Business Insider
- Newly Translated Documents From The '80s Reveal The... | Business Insider