Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tech Innovations You Should Watch: Light-Based Memory, Quantum Computing, and Wireless Charging | Financial Sense
- The Tragic Ending To Obama's Bay Of Pigs: CIA Hands Over Syria To Russia | ZeroHedge
- Cyberwars Escalate With US NSA As "Crown Creators Of Cyberespionage" | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- The End Of ISIS? Iraq Air Force Claims It Struck Islamic State Leader's Convoy | ZeroHedge
- Greek Cash Ban Escalates: 'Permanent' Stricter "Capital Controls" On 3 Million Pensioners, Civil Servants Imposed | ZeroHedge
- Democracy Uber Alles (But Only When It Goes Our Way) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Online lending is becoming huge... | Business Insider
- Student sorry for mac and cheese tirade, says he's... | Business Insider
- Microsoft told us that PC makers knew about its new laptop, but at... | Business Insider
- The £71 billion beer deal of the decade is happening | Business Insider
- Here's the unglamorous job Hillary Clinton was fired from before... | Business Insider
- Dell almost bought EMC in 2002 — but Michael Dell blocked the deal | Business Insider
- Conservatives always make this same fundamental error about immigration and employment... | Business Insider