Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans | ZeroHedge
- This Innovation Will Help U.S. Companies Win the Oil Price War | Financial Sense
- All It Takes For Panic-Sellers To Become Manic-Buyers: One Made Up Rumor | ZeroHedge
- 5 Year Bond Auction With Highest Yield For 2015 Leads To Strong Demand, Jump In Direct Bidders | ZeroHedge
- Iraq Trolls US, Calls Latest Military Operation "We Are At Your Services, Hussein" | ZeroHedge
- The End Game Continues: Austria Repatriates Gold | ZeroHedge
- NATO General Warns, Putin Is A "Dangerous Gambler... Willing To Use Nuclear Weapons" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hillary Clinton is winning the Hollywood primary | Business Insider
- DANIEL FUSS: The Fed will 'drag their feet absolutely as long as possible... | Business Insider
- Vox Media buys Kara Swisher's tech trade publication... | Business Insider
- Really, it's OK if your airliner loses an engine | Business Insider
- Twitter bots reveal when Uber and Lyft drivers are offering weed or listening to Hannah Montana... | Business Insider
- IRS: Hackers stole sensitive tax information from 100,... | Business Insider
- EU to unveil latest plan to absorb migrants fairly | Business Insider