Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shariah Gold Cometh – $2 Trillion In Assets “Could Send Price Soaring” | ZeroHedge
- Trump Says If Economy Crashes "Can Make A Deal", "Will Renegotiate Debt" | ZeroHedge
- Larry Lindsey Warns "Nothing Will Change Until The System Collapses Under Its Own Weight" | ZeroHedge
- Air Freight Volumes Across Largest Global Market Tumble 15% In First Quarter | ZeroHedge
- A Very Bearish Stanley Druckenmiller Blows Up At The Fed; Reveals His Biggest "Currency" Position | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Dash Cam Footage From Inside Alberta's "Apocalyptic" Inferno | ZeroHedge
- Turkey PM To Quit, Handing Even More Power To Erdogan: What This Means For Turkey | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Video shows the incredible scale of the US military’s... | Business Insider
- Tesla beats on earnings (TSLA) | Business Insider
- There's a Keurig-inspired machine that makes individual tortillas | Business Insider
- A 4,000-person IBM team dedicated to decoding millennials found bosses should 'coach... | Business Insider
- British entrepreneurs are bottling fresh air and selling it to China for $115 a... | Business Insider
- Blake Lively goes up against a great white shark in the squirm-inducing 'The... | Business Insider