Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Postcards from Ferguson, Missouri. | iBankCoin.com
- Don't Tell Germany Draghi Is About To Monetize 90% Of Bund Issuance | ZeroHedge
- The New Boremal | ZeroHedge
- U.S. vs. Global Shock | Financial Sense
- 150 Years Of Global Monetary Policy Summed Up In One Word (And 1 Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Tumble As USDJPY Hits 120 | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's Teenage Son Mugged Near Home | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Here Are Some Of The US's Options For Cyber-Retaliation Against North Korea... | Business Insider
- Check Out This British Crowdfunding Campaign To Send A Rocket To Drill On... | Business Insider
- Construction to begin on controversial Nicaragua canal | Business Insider
- How An Indie Band Lost $12,000 On Tour And Still Called It A Success | Business Insider
- No Bargains in Rising Market: Why Not Buy High and Sell Higher? | TheStreet.com