Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mitt Romney Is Now Heavy Favorite For Secretary Of State | ZeroHedge
- BRICS Caught Between India and China | Financial Sense
- “Fake News” Has Been a Problem for Thousands of Years … Here’s How to Stop It | ZeroHedge
- BaN THe BRo... | ZeroHedge
- Iran Furious After Obama Said To Extend Iran Sanctions; Oil Jumps To 2016 Highs | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's Bear Case In 7 Steps: "We Are In The 98th Percentile Of Historical Valuations" | ZeroHedge
- VP Pence Lays Out Aggressive Agenda For First 100 Days | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump and his team are shocked that people... | Business Insider
- Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is stepping down ($SBUX) | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Video by New York Times reporter shows just how massive the Standing Rock... | Business Insider
- 13 rules for using commas without looking like an idiot | Business Insider
- An early-childhood expert reveals what parents should do to raise kind kids | Business Insider
- One of the 3 surviving soccer players pulled from the... | Business Insider