Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Played the Libertarian Right | ZeroHedge
- What Is Good for the Dollar Is Bad for Gold | Financial Sense
- Who's Contributing How Much To Financing NATO? | ZeroHedge
- Viewing the Media's Racism Through a Different Filter | ZeroHedge
- The Week's Key Economic And Financial Events | ZeroHedge
- The Billionaire-Owned, Corporate Media Is As Worthless As Ever | ZeroHedge
- New Poll Finds That 80% Of Americans Oppose Sanctuary Cities | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why this pocket-sized Bluetooth speaker is such a convenient piece of tech... | Business Insider
- Toyota just teased a new electric concept car ahead of... | Business Insider
- 'A murderer and sociopathic serial killer': One of Philippine... | Business Insider
- The next iPhone could make it so you never have to worry about having... | Business Insider
- Trump's lawyer has told 4 different stories about the Russia-... | Business Insider
- The Supreme Court could be headed for another 4-4 split over a... | Business Insider
- People keep storming GOP town hall meetings around the country | Business Insider