Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FEMA Contractor: Unrest After 395% Food Price Spike Coming Soon | ZeroHedge
- Why All The Post-Brexit Hysteria? | ZeroHedge
- The Accusations Begin: David Cameron Blames Brexit On Merkel And EU "Immigration Failure" | ZeroHedge
- "You Want To Own Gold" Marc Faber Warns "Brexit Is The Excuse For QE4" | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns Of Downside Risk To $50 Oil Forecast Due To Ceasefire With Niger Delta Avengers | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Hedge Unwind Sparks Volumeless Dead Cat Brounce | ZeroHedge
- April Spending Exuberance Plunges Back To Earth In May As Income Growth Slows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drunken-driving convictions could increase because of the Supreme Court's... | Business Insider
- Brexit was a reaction to the 'avalanche of failed socialist rules and... | Business Insider
- Voters were asked which words describe Donald Trump, and the results were brutal | Business Insider
- People are upset over Mark Zuckerberg building a wall in Hawaii | Business Insider
- The Phillippines' new president is already making good... | Business Insider
- 12 ways a top product designer would rearrange the human body for... | Business Insider
- Kellogg's is opening a restaurant that charges more than $7 for a bowl of... | Business Insider