Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US To Test Fire ICBM Tonight That Can Reach North Korea | ZeroHedge
- Reddit Allows “Syrian Rebel” Group To Promote Al-Qaeda Affiliates | ZeroHedge
- Gas Prices In North Korea Shoot Up 83% As China Mulls Oil Embargo | Financial Sense
- Military Spending In Perspective - Russia 'Wins' | ZeroHedge
- New Snowflake Study Proves Kanye Right: "That Major That She Majored In Don't Make No Money" | ZeroHedge
- Is the US Workforce Nearing Full Recovery? | Financial Sense
- Think Tank Reports ISIS Is Falling Apart: "May Actually Lead To More Terrorist Attacks Across The Globe" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's what would happen if the government shuts down this week | Business Insider
- Tucker Carlson applauds Bill O'Reilly on his first night in O'Reilly's time... | Business Insider
- Global markets are ripping higher after the French election | Business Insider
- The Unicorn Frappuccino infuriated baristas — but it was one of Starbucks... | Business Insider
- Before-and-after photos of Mila Kunis' childhood home, which she renovated... | Business Insider
- A biotech's new drug sold 3 times better than... | Business Insider
- Halliburton beats thanks to a surge in drilling activity (HAL) | Business Insider