Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 'Bikers For Trump' Vow To Form A "Wall Of Meat" To Protect Inauguration From Protesters | ZeroHedge
- Is The Biggest Treasury Drawdown In History Imminent? The "Bond Shock" Story Refuses To Go Away | ZeroHedge
- Canadian Military's Second-In-Command Has Been Relieved Of Duty For Leaking Highly Classified Information | ZeroHedge
- Ignore At Your Peril | ZeroHedge
- Trump says "Dollar too strong"- Gold breaks $1215, Silver to $17 | ZeroHedge
- Pound Soars Most Since 2008 After UK's May Calls For Parliamentary Vote On Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Why Futures Are Lower: JPMorgan Summarizes The Chaotic Overnight Session | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- $1.9 trillion dollars of economic value could be created by the use of... | Business Insider
- The 10 best stock pickers that you should have listened to in 2016 (REI, ECA, GNW, SIVB... | Business Insider
- Obama: Here's what surprised me most about being president | Business Insider
- Nike made a special pair of personalized Air Jordans for President... | Business Insider
- This MIT website makes you decide who a self-driving car should kill in an... | Business Insider
- Amazing insight into what US intelligence knew about Hitler in 1943 | Business Insider
- Early champions of the most ubiquitous retirement plan in the US say it hasn't lived... | Business Insider