Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Banks: Higher Rates Vs. Weaker Loan Growth | Financial Sense
- As Its Housing Bubble Pops, Chinese Real Estate Firms Halt Monthly Pricing Data | ZeroHedge
- "The Potential Problems Are As Follows" - How The Bull Market Could End According To Credit Suisse | ZeroHedge
- Why Big Oil Is Unprepared for the Coming Energy War | Financial Sense
- Chinese, Germans Bidding To Turn Abandoned Nuclear Wasteland Of Chernobyl Into Solar Farm | ZeroHedge
- Gold, Silver, Copper Market Analysis 1-21-2017 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Donald Trump Becomes The 45th President Of The United States Of America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 animals that scientists want to bring back from extinction | Business Insider
- Everyone has got China's debt problem all wrong | Business Insider
- 24-year-old star Ravens linebacker is retiring... | Business Insider
- The Honda CR-V is an intuitive and comfy ride for the everyday driver | Business Insider
- Trump will determine the fate of the dollar | Business Insider
- 17 photos of the stunning inaugural ball gowns worn by first ladies over... | Business Insider
- Trump's pick for labor secretary may have saved a fast-food chain — but... | Business Insider