Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trumped! Why It Happened And What Comes Next, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
- Citi Asks: "Are Investors Beginning To Price In QE4?" | ZeroHedge
- June Rate Hike Odds Collapse To Record Lows - Market Prices In No Hikes Through Feb 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Turkey PM To Quit, Handing Even More Power To Erdogan: What This Means For Turkey | ZeroHedge
- Majority Of Germans Think The Media Is Controlled By Political, Economic Elites | ZeroHedge
- 562,000 Workers Drop Out Of The Labor Force As Participation Rate Resumes Drop | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 3 ways to kill a White Walker on 'Game of Thrones' | Business Insider
- Casualties reported in shooting at DC-area mall | Business Insider
- Scientists just discovered something surprising in the... | Business Insider
- Russia says it has withdrawn a jet that was terrorizing the Syrian rebels | Business Insider
- 14 untranslatable words from foreign languages that English desperately needs | Business Insider
- Here's the dizzyingly colorful way that rainbow sprinkles are made | Business Insider
- A 'soy sauce microbrewery' just sued Arby's over its latest marketing... | Business Insider