Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another Look at the Gold Price Drop of 6 November | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Bank "Goes There", Applies Negative Rates To Retail Deposits | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Odd Asset Class Out This Year | ZeroHedge
- Existing Home Sales Tumble, Weakest Annual Growth Since January | ZeroHedge
- In New Video, A Grateful Al-Qaeda Thanks US For Supplying Anti-Tank Missiles | ZeroHedge
- Putin Accuses Turkey Of "Backstabbing", Funding ISIS, Sees "Serious Consequences" To Ties | ZeroHedge
- America's Great Lie. Europe's Great Shame. Russia's Great Case | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google has given its apps a 'Star Wars' makeover | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Reusable rocket: In a first, booster returns safely to... | Business Insider
- A programmer wrote scripts to secretly automate a lot of his job — including to... | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's what you need to know (SPY, DJI, IXIC, PFE, AGN) | Business Insider
- Stocks edge higher, continuing momentum from last week | Business Insider
- Here's the salary you have to earn to buy a home in 19 major US cities | Business Insider