Coupon.com Bounces Back
Coupons.com (COUP) is up 10% today trading at around $25.
COUP has a 52-week range of $15 to $33. With this new move it is putting the stock back on course to regain its position.
Coupons.com is a recent IPO and the stock hasn't done well since going public. COUP is up today on zero news. It appears we finally have some interested buyers that believe this stock is worth accumulating. The stock is now more reasonably priced. Recall the 100% gain on the IPO day, the stock was only supposed to be between $12 and $14 a share.
Investing in COUP looks to be a volatile trade at this point, this is a day traders dream. If you decide to get into the pool on this one expect to be able to swim with the short sellers. The stock was due for a bounce after hitting near its IPO entry point in early May. That bounce was due to better than expected earnings reported on May 7th:
- Coupons.com (COUP): Q1 EPS of -$0.41 misses by $0.34.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+41.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
- Shares +8.9% AH.
Could this uptrend continue?
It's a risky bet but it does appear to have great buying interest. The floor for COUP appears to be $20. Short interest last clocked at around 5% (April 30th). We are sure that number will increase when we get new data from the various websites (Yahoo, ShortSqueeze.com, Finviz, etc). This stock will remain victim to traders until earnings report on Aug 4th - 8th is delivered. Until that time expect wild swings on any news or rumors.
Bottom line: COUP is an inticing trade that could make it back to $30 overnight. However that trade comes at great risk due to lack of data on the recent IPO. Don't throw your life savings at this name, just gamble what you can.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 'North Korean' Roulette | ZeroHedge
- 5 Financial Myths You Should Ignore | ZeroHedge
- Will Sean Spicer Announce A Delay On The Vote During Today's Presser? - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- A New Trend Emerges – Digital Gold "Gifting" Gains Popularity In China | ZeroHedge
- People Are Ditching Chicago In Record Numbers As Windy City Leads U.S. In Population Loss | ZeroHedge
- Will Yesterday's Market Selloff Turn "Emotional": Here Are The Key Indicators RBC Is Looking At | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases "NightSkies 1.2": Proof CIA Bugs "Factory Fresh" iPhones | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 ways financially supporting your adult children could ruin your retirement | Business Insider
- Under Armour is about to release its most expensive shoe ever... | Business Insider
- PTC and OSIsoft team up for the industrial IoT | Business Insider
- 13 women in their 20s and 30s reveal what they waste their money on | Business Insider
- STARBUCKS CEO: Not every decision in business is an economic one (SBUX) | Business Insider
- The GOP's healthcare bill is on the brink as House showdown vote looms | Business Insider
- 'Sleep with one eye open': Schools in Honduras are... | Business Insider