Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frenzied Speculative Activity in China's Equity Markets | Financial Sense
- Can Money Flows Push Equity Prices Much Higher? | Financial Sense
- Dallas Fed Collapses At Fastest Pace Since Lehman, Lowest Since June 2011 | ZeroHedge
- Just One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Trade Idea | iBankCoin.com
- Broke? You May Now Be Entitled To a Free Home | ZeroHedge
- The Unintended Consequences Of 'Mandatory Voting' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A scientist who wants to contact aliens has a plan to beam the entire... | Business Insider
- Incredible chart shows how intelligence changes as we age | Business Insider
- Air strike kills at least 15 at camp for Yemen... | Business Insider
- 37,000 people are about to find out if they got into Harvard | Business Insider
- Market Wrap:... | StreetInsider.com
- Apple has a new plan to crush its rivals and boost iPhone sales, and it... | Business Insider
- Ex-PM Olmert found guilty in corruption case: Israel media... | Business Insider