Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here's Why All Pension Funds Are Doomed, Doomed, Doomed | ZeroHedge
- Is There Ample Evidence To Indict Hillary? This Judge Thinks So | ZeroHedge
- UMich Consumer Confidence Fades From Early May Exuberance, Inflation Expectations Slump To Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- Cuddling and Egg McMuffins Show Economic Slowdown Underway | Financial Sense
- Bank of America's Winning Excuse: "We Didn't Mean To" | ZeroHedge
- Charles Bolin's Detailed Investment Outlook - Market Topping, Economic Data in Decline | Financial Sense
- Self Employment Tax Penalties Continue To Plague Small Businesses | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Canadians keep shooting lasers at planes and it's... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- India is quietly becoming a space exploration powerhouse | Business Insider
- IMF: The last generation of economic policies may have been a complete failure | Business Insider
- Democrats are coming up with a different way to challenge Trump... | Business Insider
- Aaron Rodgers says 'mic'd up' technology... | Business Insider
- While everyone was paying attention to Zika, a much deadlier mosquito-borne virus... | Business Insider