Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Escalates Syria Proxy War: Threatens Full Naval Blockade Of Syria | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Furious French Workers Attack Air France Executives, Rip Their Clothes Off | ZeroHedge
- The Oil Price Shock – A Boon, or a Harbinger of Disaster? | Financial Sense
- China’s New Infrastructure Bank Wins Grudging Assent From the US and Japan | Financial Sense
- Tanker Rates Soar As China Hoards Saudi's "Cheap" Oil Amid Biggest Price Cut Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- NIRP, Its Likelihood and Effect on Commodities | Financial Sense
- Jim Cramer Flip-Flops Back To Bullish Following 100 Point S&P Surge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cisco teams up with robot company so it can watch hundreds of robots on factory floors (CSCO) | Business Insider
- Palestinians: Israel to destroy homes of militants | Business Insider
- Trio wins Nobel Chemistry Prize for DNA repair work | Business Insider
- One of the trendiest coffee chains in the US just got... | Business Insider
- We got a hands-on look at the Surface Book — Microsoft’s first-ever laptop everyone’s... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Kelly isn't changing anything despite Eagles' 1-3... | Business Insider