Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Time to Sell Junk Bonds? Maybe Not | Financial Sense
- Housing Data Rebounds; Walmart Disappoints | Financial Sense
- Tick Tock, The Greek Time Bomb Is About To Go Off | ZeroHedge
- You Know It's A Fiscal Crisis When... Republicans Raise Taxes | ZeroHedge
- US Retaliates At China Escalation, Warns Sea "Sandcastles" May "Lead To Conflict" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 21 | ZeroHedge
- With ISIS Controlling "More Than Half Of Syria", The US Prepares To Pounce | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This $1 billion Swedish payment company thinks it can save... | Business Insider
- Ireland awaits count in historic gay marriage vote | Business Insider
- It looks like Stripe is raising a really big funding round... | Business Insider
- Senate blocks bill that would end US bulk data dragnet | Business Insider
- A tiny European country is making Russia extremely nervous | Business Insider
- Netflix is thinking about getting rid of star ratings | Business Insider
- The 2nd-best boxer in the world is getting closer to the biggest fight of his career... | Business Insider