Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ally Financial (Formerly GMAC) Admits DoJ Subpoenas On Mortgage-Related Activities | ZeroHedge
- Fireworks Fly As Peter Schiff Warns "An Economy That Lives By QE, Dies By QE" | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- Low Oil Prices Hurting U.S. Shale Operations | Financial Sense
- Verbal Deflation: FOMC Statement Has Fewest Words In Over A Year | ZeroHedge
- Japan Reacts to Worsening Fukushima Disaster By ... Reopening Nuclear Plant Next to Active Volcano Which Is About to Blow | ZeroHedge
- The Day The Market Crashed - The Sequel | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Most Frustrating Part Of Tim Cook's 'I'm Proud To Be... | Business Insider
- Watch How These Cancer Patients Reacted To Their Hilariously Awful... | Business Insider
- Europe Is Still At Risk Despite A Jump In Inflation | Business Insider
- Euro sinks to two-year low under $1.25 | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer on Technology Stocks: Trust Facebook, Here's Why | TheStreet.com
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Shell posts mixed third-quarter earnings | Business Insider