Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The US Output Gap Means The 10 Year Is Going Below 1% | ZeroHedge
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
- China Bond-Sale Cancellations Soar As BofA Warns "Default Risk Is Mispriced" | ZeroHedge
- Russian Fighter Jet Flies Within 50 Feet Of US Spy Plane Over Russian Naval Base | ZeroHedge
- ZARpocalypse Now? BofAML Warns "Summer Of Shocks" Looms | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Fly Near Our Borders" - U.S. Spy Plane Again Intercepted By Russian Jet | ZeroHedge
- Apple Runs Afoul of China’s Changing Internet | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An octopus rolled up inside a broken coconut and zoomed around the ocean floor for a... | Business Insider
- How long your dog looks at you might reveal a lot about how it understands emotions | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs thinks dividend cuts are coming from big oil | Business Insider
- How real estate on the two sides of Central Park stacks up | Business Insider
- Amazon isn't just growing revenue anymore — it's growing profits... | Business Insider
- John Kerry urges Bangladesh to investigate the killing of a gay-rights... | Business Insider
- America's average 29-year-old looks a lot different than what you might... | Business Insider