CD Rate Shopping Around (April 2013)
The CD rates thus far in 2013 have been terrible. We would only consider Ally Bank or this week VirtualBank's CD offers. We did find a 1.3% APY offer but there's a catch.
Ally Bank has a new offer which gives you an impressive 1.3% APY. What a deal!! The only issue is it's 4 year commitment. Wah-Wah. Still if you have millions laying around and want to lock away your funds for a guaranteed payout -- this is your deal. Throw down $50K and 4 years later Ally will pay you $2,649.54. Super Rich. Click here to go to Ally's site and review the deal for yourself. Then again if you have that much money go buy $50K worth of scratch tickets and scratch away faster then Mix Master Mike. And now, MixMasterMike with the B-Boys...
VirtualBank has a 2 year CD offer at 1.16% APY. Click here to review VirtualBank's offer and other CD offers. However you will need at least $10K to enjoy VirtualBank's offers. They are all trendy calling them 'eCDs'. If they were iCD's and came with a free iPod we would like them better. If you are going to drop your money in CDs, stick with regular CD's and skip this eCD deal.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Primer For Indebted Students: Here Are Your Options | ZeroHedge
- China Equity Rally Reaches Escape Velocity As Shenzhen Trades At 71X Earnings | ZeroHedge
- 5 Year Bond Auction With Highest Yield For 2015 Leads To Strong Demand, Jump In Direct Bidders | ZeroHedge
- What's Wrong With This Picture | ZeroHedge
- Futures Flat After News Greek Deal Distant As Ever, Dollar Surge Continues | ZeroHedge
- Easy?! | Financial Sense
- New Homes Sales Surprise Forecast | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A new Google service will let you pay people instantly from your phone, like Venmo... | Business Insider
- Republicans rip the Clintons for their 'secret shell company' | Business Insider
- A Cleveland Cavaliers breakout player turned down $52 million at the start of the season,... | Business Insider
- IRS: Hackers stole sensitive tax information from 100,... | Business Insider
- The state of the world’s big emerging markets | Business Insider
- David Duchovny says new 'X-Files' script brought him to tears | Business Insider
- Bayliss appointed England head coach | Business Insider