CD Rate Shopping Around (April 2013)
The CD rates thus far in 2013 have been terrible. We would only consider Ally Bank or this week VirtualBank's CD offers. We did find a 1.3% APY offer but there's a catch.
Ally Bank has a new offer which gives you an impressive 1.3% APY. What a deal!! The only issue is it's 4 year commitment. Wah-Wah. Still if you have millions laying around and want to lock away your funds for a guaranteed payout -- this is your deal. Throw down $50K and 4 years later Ally will pay you $2,649.54. Super Rich. Click here to go to Ally's site and review the deal for yourself. Then again if you have that much money go buy $50K worth of scratch tickets and scratch away faster then Mix Master Mike. And now, MixMasterMike with the B-Boys...
VirtualBank has a 2 year CD offer at 1.16% APY. Click here to review VirtualBank's offer and other CD offers. However you will need at least $10K to enjoy VirtualBank's offers. They are all trendy calling them 'eCDs'. If they were iCD's and came with a free iPod we would like them better. If you are going to drop your money in CDs, stick with regular CD's and skip this eCD deal.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- EURUSD Surges Above 1.14 As EU Inflation Expectations Tumble To Lowest Since Q€ | ZeroHedge
- Russia Slams S&P Downgrade For "Excessive Pessimism" | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Franc Tumbles Then Soars, On Suspected Failed SNB Intervention | ZeroHedge
- Another Bailout: FXCM To Forgive 90% Of Its Mostly Foreign "Negative Balance" Customers | ZeroHedge
- New Jobless Claims at 307K, a Bit Higher Than Expected | Financial Sense
- Currency Wars - Russia Buys 20.7 Tonnes Of Gold In December; Netherlands Refutes IMF Gold Data | ZeroHedge
- Economic Cycles: Is the Expansion Over? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It Looks Like Taylor Swift's Twitter Account Got Hacked By Lizard Squad | Business Insider
- Greece's Radical Left-Wing Government Is Right About... | Business Insider
- Lyft Is Completely Overhauling Its Look, Starting With Its Fuzzy Pink Mustaches | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Alex Rodriguez And The Yankees Are About To Go To War Over A $6... | Business Insider
- GREEK BANKS ARE GETTING SHATTERED | Business Insider
- This Mental Bias Explains Why Investing Is So Scary | Business Insider