CD Rate Shopping Around (April 2013)
The CD rates thus far in 2013 have been terrible. We would only consider Ally Bank or this week VirtualBank's CD offers. We did find a 1.3% APY offer but there's a catch.
Ally Bank has a new offer which gives you an impressive 1.3% APY. What a deal!! The only issue is it's 4 year commitment. Wah-Wah. Still if you have millions laying around and want to lock away your funds for a guaranteed payout -- this is your deal. Throw down $50K and 4 years later Ally will pay you $2,649.54. Super Rich. Click here to go to Ally's site and review the deal for yourself. Then again if you have that much money go buy $50K worth of scratch tickets and scratch away faster then Mix Master Mike. And now, MixMasterMike with the B-Boys...
VirtualBank has a 2 year CD offer at 1.16% APY. Click here to review VirtualBank's offer and other CD offers. However you will need at least $10K to enjoy VirtualBank's offers. They are all trendy calling them 'eCDs'. If they were iCD's and came with a free iPod we would like them better. If you are going to drop your money in CDs, stick with regular CD's and skip this eCD deal.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- Eric Peters: "In The End, Central Banking Monetary Magic Is All Nonsense, Empty Formulas, Illusions" | ZeroHedge
- "Home Prices Are Out Of Hand Again" | ZeroHedge
- Loss of FBI Reputation Irredeemable: James Comey Will Resign | ZeroHedge
- Why Europe Secretly Roots For Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Cancels Trip To Charlotte After Mayor Tells Her To Stay Home | ZeroHedge
- Household Net Worth: The “Real” Story | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why this biotech startup is going after rare neurological... | Business Insider
- There's a scientific reason we're addicted to checking our phones | Business Insider
- Trump campaign manager: We have not 'formally' invited and '... | Business Insider
- An airline pilot reveals why the Boeing 757 is truly unique (BA) | Business Insider
- This professional bridesmaid says losing her job as a copywriter was one of the best... | Business Insider
- An entrepreneur shares the 12 best business... | Business Insider
- 8 things successful people do that lazy people don't | Business Insider