50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Stocks Enter Bear Market | ZeroHedge
- European Bank Bloodbath Crashes Bond, Stock Markets | ZeroHedge
- If Knowledge Is Power, Is It Also Wealth? | ZeroHedge
- Worth Wray on the Single Most Dangerous Catalyst for a Global Financial Crisis | Financial Sense
- Bill Clinton Slams "Sexist" Sanders 'Trolling'... Yeah Seriously | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Feb 8, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- "Timmy" Geithner Gets Loan From Jamie Dimon For PE Investment | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ad-block software is approaching 200 million users — here's how... | Business Insider
- Fans think this 'Game of Thrones' theory teased... | Business Insider
- This startup thinks it can get young people hooked on video news —... | Business Insider
- You can now take your iPhone 6 into... | Business Insider
- Facebook is exploring ways to be more like YouTube | Business Insider
- DAY IN THE LIFE: How 'SportsCenter' anchor Hannah Storm prepped for... | Business Insider
- 17 thoughtful Valentine's Day gifts every woman will love | Business Insider