50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The Next Black Swan Will Turn Into A Flock | ZeroHedge
- Ben Carson: President Hillary Would Bring About "Tremendous Carnage And Death" | ZeroHedge
- Things Are Thriving In The "Modern Hooker Economy" | ZeroHedge
- Unintended Consequences: Easy Money = Overcapacity = Trade Wars | ZeroHedge
- Army Tests Driverless Vehicles On Michigan Roads To "Save Lives, Cut Costs" | ZeroHedge
- Do "Targeted" US Killings Of Militant Leaders Work? Not So Much | ZeroHedge
- Why This Friday's Payrolls Report Could See A Big Miss | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A bird's eye view of 14 stunning beaches around the world | Business Insider
- So far, the 2016 election is looking a lot like the one that came before it... | Business Insider
- A favorite way of cooking meat in the summer might be bad for you — here's how to do... | Business Insider
- The Arctic Ocean is about to get 'spicier' | Business Insider
- The inside story of Apple's forgotten project... | Business Insider
- Obama defended a cornerstone of his legacy in Asia as it keeps getting shredded at... | Business Insider
- Consumers' mindsets are shifting dramatically — and it's killing brands... | Business Insider