50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Should Have Known Something Was Wrong" | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Spent Nearly $100 Billion On Foreigners To Fight Terrorists | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Oct 8, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- 47 Years After 1968, Bundesbank STILL Fails To Deliver A Gold Bar Number List | ZeroHedge
- Lack of Wage Growth Means Retail Spending Woes | Financial Sense
- Fed Admits "Changes In Asset Prices", "Decline In Equity Prices" Influenced Rate Decision | ZeroHedge
- Why Are The IMF, The UN, The BIS And Citi All Warning That An Economic Crisis Could Be Imminent? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donaldson leaves playoff game after taking knee to head | Business Insider
- NHL teams must adapt to 'novelty' of 3-on-3 OT... | Business Insider
- If you've been a long-time Netflix user, your bill is going to go up $2 in... | Business Insider
- Snyder supports switching Flint water system back to... | Business Insider
- Spain: VW investments guaranteed despite emission debacle... | Business Insider
- Strong emotions as Obama visits grieving Oregon town | Business Insider
- Etsy is tumbling (ETSY, AMZN) | Business Insider