50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- VIX & Stocks Surge For Second Day Amid Bond Bloodbath | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Maneuvers to Escape Its Dollar Trap | Financial Sense
- Life Expectancy In U.S. Drops For The First Time In Decades - "This Is A Big Deal" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Picks Pro Wrestling Mogul Linda McMahon To Run Small Business Administration | ZeroHedge
- Irexit: Ireland May Have to Consider Leaving the EU | Financial Sense
- Judge Dismisses Jill Stein's "Speculative Claims", Orders End To Michigan Recount | ZeroHedge
- What Time Will The ECB Tip Its Hand | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A mind-boggling video Magic Leap used to recruit employees had... | Business Insider
- Here's why your iPhone has a tiny hole next to the camera | Business Insider
- You can enroll in thousands of online classes for $15 each with this holiday deal | Business Insider
- Paris is banning half the cars on the roads amid the worst winter... | Business Insider
- The Arctic is now missing enough ice to cover 23 US states | Business Insider
- A new HBO documentary is going behind-the-scenes into Warren... | Business Insider
- 5 tips to decorate your home like a rich person, when your... | Business Insider