50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pentagon Inspector General Launches Investigation Of Michael Flynn | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Throws Up On US Steel's "Nightmare On Elm Street" Results | ZeroHedge
- Rising Rates and Shrinking Balance Sheets Pose Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- Visualizing The Epic Collapse Of Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- US Consumers Tap Out: Credit Card Defaults Surge To 4 Year High And It's Getting Worse | ZeroHedge
- Make 'Soft Data' Great Again - Economic Confidence Rebounds To 16 Year Highs | ZeroHedge
- In Warning To North Korea, US Releases Video Of Overnight Minuteman III ICBM Launch | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What it's like to attend the TED talks, where attendees pay $10,000 to learn the next... | Business Insider
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella told an analyst that Wall... | Business Insider
- A 911 call reveals what happened when an arrested 'Bachelor'... | Business Insider
- Here's what to make of Uber's flying car ambitions | Business Insider
- Canada's housing watchdog warns of '... | Business Insider
- A fraud expert reveals 4 body language 'hotspots' that show if... | Business Insider
- Consumer Reports has demoted the Tesla Model S from its... | Business Insider