50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Q1 Earnings in Focus | Financial Sense
- More Whipsaw Please | iBankCoin.com
- Testy Tuesday – Tax Day Edition | ZeroHedge
- On a More Positive Note… | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- The Next Step In the Resurgence | iBankCoin.com
- Don’t Bet on Treasury Rally to Continue | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SOCIAL INSIDER: New LinkedIn App — Weibo IPO — Facebook... | Business Insider
- 12 Simple Tricks For Saving Time On Email | Business Insider
- A Bar Patron Was Allegedly Robbed Of His Google Glass After Being Threatened With A Taser | Business Insider
- Stocks Continue To Rally In The Futures Market | Business Insider
- 9 Things You Probably Don't Know About College Savings Plans | Business Insider
- Donald Rumsfeld Says He Has 'Absolutely No Idea'... | Business Insider
- A Bunch Of Finance Guys Are Whining About Buying Their Fiancées Diamond Rings On An Online... | Business Insider