50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A few thoughts on Gold, currency and “risk free savings” in the wake of Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Brexistential Bloodbath - Dow Crashes 600 Points As Vol Explodes | ZeroHedge
- 2016 Is the Year of Cheap Renewables, Not Oil | Financial Sense
- Historic, Mind Boggling Rise In Gold Open Interest Friday | ZeroHedge
- Synthetic Biology - Using Machines to Reprogram DNA | Financial Sense
- "Tired Of The Expense Of Living Here" - Californians Continue To Leave State In Droves | ZeroHedge
- Hillary's Official Calendar Is "Missing" A Lot Of Entries | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Harvard MBA student shares 5 business books... | Business Insider
- The top 5 must-know retail trends in mobile and social... | Business Insider
- Yahoo's former CEO just bought a $3.35 million home in Los Angeles — take a look... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- These surprisingly beautiful eco-friendly lamps are made from... | Business Insider
- The Brexit could cause major complications for British Airways (IAG) | Business Insider
- 2 reasons California's drought hasn't caused food prices to skyrocket... | Business Insider