50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Household Net Worth Hits Record $81.5 Trillion In Q2 Driven By Stock Market Surge | ZeroHedge
- Reflecting on my True Calling | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman's Yellen Press Conference Post-Mortem: "Few Surprises" | ZeroHedge
- PBoC Joins Other Major Central Banks With Unconventional Monetary Policy Action | Financial Sense
- Can Gold Finally Recover? | Financial Sense
- Fed Expected to Clarify Course | Financial Sense
- ISIS Releases New Video, Warns "Fighting Has Just Begun" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet The Average Wal-Mart Shopper | Business Insider
- Peter Thiel Explains Why PayPal Paid Customers To Sign Up In The Early Days | Business Insider
- 'Nessie' leaves Scots wondering as monster vote looms... | Business Insider
- 9 Movies We Can't Wait To See At The New York Film Festival | Business Insider
- Yahoo!'s Alibaba Cash Could Trigger a Buying Binge in Tech | TheStreet.com
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- JOE BIDEN: 'My Wife Was With Prince Harry. I'm A Little Worried Here, You Know What I... | Business Insider