50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Gross: Yellen's Economy "May Never Walk Normally Again, This Is Not Capitalism" | ZeroHedge
- The Reckoning Looms - Central Bankers Really Don't Know What They're Doing | ZeroHedge
- The Lack Of EpiPen Competitors Is The FDA's Fault | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank CEO Warns Of "Fatal Consequences" For Savers | ZeroHedge
- Another Warning Sign | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 26, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Services PMI Tumbles To 6-Month Lows: "GDP Growth Is Failing To Accelerate In Q3" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 ways the US and Turkey can do business together | Business Insider
- US F-22 pilots describe their conflict with Syrian jets while protecting US... | Business Insider
- Here's how America's 100-year-old National Park Service keeps things... | Business Insider
- The 10 most critical problems in the world, according... | Business Insider
- The Rock is now the highest-paid actor in the world — here's who he beat out | Business Insider
- JIM ROGERS: If Trump does what he says there will be 'bankruptcy... | Business Insider
- What it's like to have a long layover in the number 2 airport in... | Business Insider