50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Syrian Rebels Destroy Russian Helicopter With US-Supplied Anti-Tank Missile | ZeroHedge
- Global Bond Markets: Where Did All the Liquidity Go? | ZeroHedge
- Russia Deploys Warship Off Syrian Coast To "Destroy Any Threats To Russian Planes" | ZeroHedge
- Student "Tyrants In Training" Demand Journalists Swear Loyalty Oath Before Reporting On Them | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Personal Income for October | Financial Sense
- Valeant Just Won't Stop Falling | ZeroHedge
- THaNKSGiViNG 2015... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- 'Tokyo Story' star Setsuko Hara dies at 95 | Business Insider
- Price exits after 2 periods but Canadiens beat Rangers 5-... | Business Insider
- German cabin staff say cancelling Lufthansa strike | Business Insider
- A sign that Wall Street is going to have a lousy Christmas (GS, MS, C, BAC, JPM... | Business Insider
- Rockies' Reyes pleads not guilty to abusing wife in... | Business Insider
- Hate speech found on Yik Yak caused a university president to... | Business Insider