50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Could Oil Prices Plummet a Second Time? | Financial Sense
- How's That Deflation Working Out For You? | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Mar 3, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Only Notable Thing About Today's Beige Book Release... | ZeroHedge
- Great Big Fat Greek Expectations | ZeroHedge
- Bumbling Failures | iBankCoin.com
- ADP Stronger, but Still Weak | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This guy has made a business of secretly... | Business Insider
- If you're over 30, you're going to have to pay more for Tinder's... | Business Insider
- A fund that hasn't bought any new stocks in 80 years is... | Business Insider
- Kim Kardashian reveals the 'accidental' reason why her mobile... | Business Insider
- This supercar just unveiled in Geneva is the future of Ferrari | Business Insider
- The cult of Valve: Why Valve's new virtual reality headset could be the... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider