50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nothing But Trouble | iBankCoin.com
- Greek Capital Controls Begin: Greek Banks, Stock Market Will Not Open On Monday | ZeroHedge
- The Next Round of the Great Crisis Has Just Begun | ZeroHedge
- H-OPA! | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of This Week In America | ZeroHedge
- Varoufakis Reveals Europe's Stunning Denial Of Greek People's Right To Vote | ZeroHedge
- How To Cover Your Ass: The Greek Edition | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ocado revealed its secret behind its sales surge | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- The inspiring rags to riches career of Shark Tank judge... | Business Insider
- The Financial Times blasts Greek prime minister Alexis... | Business Insider
- Programmatic ad pricing is starting to rise as demand outstrips supply | Business Insider
- Greece's military budget is getting bigger even as the country's... | Business Insider
- Puerto Rico, crushed by debt, seeks moratorium | Business Insider