50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Sell: $X | iBankCoin.com
- Here's Some Frightening Honesty (Courtesy Of The US Congress) | ZeroHedge
- Mitt Romney Announces He Is Not Running For President: "Best To Give Other Leaders The Opportunity" | ZeroHedge
- Asset Price Deflation Coming Up? | Financial Sense
- Apple Boosts Earnings Picture Though Overall Trend Still Negative | Financial Sense
- ECB Threatens Athens With Bank Funding Cutoff If No Deal In One Month: February 28 Is Now D-Day For Greece | ZeroHedge
- DuMB AND DuMBKoPF... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A case for Apple's giant iPad might have just leaked (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Australia 1 South Korea 0 at half-time in Asian Cup final... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Pro-democracy protesters to return to Hong Kong streets | Business Insider
- How Apple made its money this record-breaking... | Business Insider
- Djokovic bids to remain unbeaten in Aussie final | Business Insider
- Why Britain's chocolate tastes better than America's | Business Insider