50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is The Credibility Bubble Bursting? | ZeroHedge
- Has the Dollar-Gold Correlation Broken Down? | Financial Sense
- US Navy Sends Aircraft Carrier, Warships To Intercept Iranian Weapons Shipments In Yemeni Waters | ZeroHedge
- Just Another Manic Panic-Buying Monday In Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Roundtrip From Friday's Cliff-Dive | ZeroHedge
- What’s Squeezing Today? | iBankCoin.com
- Bond/Utility Divergence Flashes Warning Sign For S&P 500 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why this woman turned down a fabulous job at Google | Business Insider
- What it's like to leave Google for a startup — as told by three... | Business Insider
- This is the piece of sci-fi technology Neil deGrasse Tyson really wants | Business Insider
- Here's the concept art that inspired the robot from the year's best sci-fi movie | Business Insider
- Stocks are rallying (SPY, DJI, IXIC, GLD, HAL, MS) | Business Insider
- Press set to cover Britain's royal baby from a distance... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek