50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Automaker Panic Button Looms After China's Top Carmaker Warns Of "Grim" Outlook | ZeroHedge
- When The Yen Was A Last Resort Safety Bid, You Know It Was Bad | ZeroHedge
- America’s Ballooning Student Debt: Lessons Learned From Chile | Financial Sense
- Atlanta Fed Cuts Q3 GDP Forecast To A Paltry 1.2% | ZeroHedge
- Where Does the Market Go From Here? | Financial Sense
- Yuan Devaluation Kills Two Birds With One Stone | Financial Sense
- The Financial Times Demands End Of Cash, Calls It A "Barbarous Relic" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mark Cuban explains why all entrepreneurs need to learn to accept... | Business Insider
- Iran premieres big-budget epic film 'Muhammad' | Business Insider
- Texas, Mexico get 2nd chances in LLWS title games | Business Insider
- TOM LEE: Here are 4 reasons to 'stay bullish' | Business Insider
- As asylum-seekers flood in, Germany struggles to house... | Business Insider
- Turkish planes hit IS in Syria with coalition for first... | Business Insider
- Year-long Mars isolation experiment starting in Hawaii | Business Insider