50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Happy" Labor Day | ZeroHedge
- Libya May Be Focus Of Major Rift Between US And Regional Allies | ZeroHedge
- The Chart Obama Does Not Want Merkel To See | ZeroHedge
- Sunday Matinee at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- Inflation | ZeroHedge
- What Does a “Good” Chinese Adjustment Look Like? | Financial Sense
- Middle-East 'Frenemies' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New test fast-tracks diagnosis for malaria | Business Insider
- Album Sales In America Just Hit An All-Time Low | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Why Facebook, Twitter and Jumei Shares Are Poised for Gains | TheStreet.com
- CaixaBank to buy Barclays Spain operations | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Here Are Goldman Sachs' Forecasts For Everything | Business Insider