50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NY Fed President Dudley Thinks A New Housing Bubble Is A Perfect Cure For Soft Retail Sales | ZeroHedge
- Cyberwarfare, Driverless Cars, and Quantum Computing - FS Insider Podcasts for Science and Tech Lovers | Financial Sense
- US B-2 Bombers Strike ISIS Camps In Libya, Killing Dozens | ZeroHedge
- China Orders Local Weather Bureaus To Stop Issuing Smog Alerts | ZeroHedge
- Trump and the Four Levers of Government Policy | Financial Sense
- Chinese New Home Prices Soar by 12.4% in December -- Higher by 25% in Tier One Cities | ZeroHedge
- CIAs role in financial markets EXPOSED by documents release | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 12 flight-booking hacks every traveler should know | Business Insider
- This chart shows when robots might take over all trucking jobs | Business Insider
- Bleacher Report's cofounder talks about... | Business Insider
- Bitcoin is fighting back (BTC) | Business Insider
- A new law will prevent the government from wasting millions of dollars every year | Business Insider
- Etihad's new airport lounge at JFK is all about 'unparalleled luxury' | Business Insider
- New survey shows how much Fox News dominated the 2016 election | Business Insider