50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Judge Rules Bitcoin Isn't Money Because It "Can't be Hidden Under A Mattress" | ZeroHedge
- Un-Dovish Fed Stays On Hold, Upgrades Economy, Suggests "Risks Have Diminished", George Dissents | ZeroHedge
- What To Expect When You're Expecting The FOMC | ZeroHedge
- For Those Who Slept Through The "Yen Rollercoaster", This Is What You Missed | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 27 | ZeroHedge
- Oil Rally Hopes Crushed as Inventories Hit All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Raoul Pal: "The Era Of Doing Nothing And Getting Paid For It Is Over" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'We do not believe that Freddie Gray killed himself': Prosecutor... | Business Insider
- A robot wrote the... | Business Insider
- 30 high-paying jobs that don't require a bachelor's degree... | Business Insider
- Apple sold its billionth iPhone | Business Insider
- A mysterious purple blob was discovered in the deep ocean | Business Insider
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by... | Business Insider
- The hilarious and heartwarming Craigslist 'missed connections... | Business Insider