50/200-day MA Crossovers for Friday (UGI,NUVA,PHMD,GLW,COMV)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
UGI Corp (UGI) is currently trading at $29.3. Its 52 week range is between $24.07 and $33.12.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) is currently trading at $20.67. Its 52 week range is between $11.02 and $34.91.
PhotoMedex Inc (PHMD) is currently trading at $18.18. Its 52 week range is between $9.1 and $18.44.
Corning Inc (GLW) is currently trading at $13.31. Its 52 week range is $11.51 and $21.14.
Comverge Inc (COMV) is currently trading at $1.8. Its 52 week range is between $1.03 and $4.45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- London Real Estate Prices Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Q3 GDP Advance Estimate: A Surprisingly Strong 2.9% | Financial Sense
- Putin Tried To Warn Us About Syria Three Years Ago, But Nobody Listened | ZeroHedge
- Twitter Beats On Revenue And EPS, Cuts 9% Of Workforce As Part Of Business Restructuring | ZeroHedge
- While Presidential Election Takes Focus, US Economy Slips Further | Financial Sense
- Why the Elite hate Russia | ZeroHedge
- Moody's Warns Deutsche Bank Is Dangerously Close To Falling Below Its "Default Point" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Product changes are finally coming to Twitter, but it might be too little... | Business Insider
- Tronc and Gannett plunged on a report that banks have backed out of... | Business Insider
- The 16 most cliché Halloween costumes of 2016 | Business Insider
- A... | Business Insider
- Here's why I don't worry about warming up my car when it's cold | Business Insider
- Closing arguments in Bridgegate trial unexpectedly postponed due to unspecified 'legal... | Business Insider
- What it's really like to work as a TSA officer | Business Insider