50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Bank of America Just Cut Its Year End S&P500 Target To 2,000 | ZeroHedge
- Barry Diller: "If Trump Wins I'll Move Out Of The Country" | ZeroHedge
- Valeant Plunges 10% Amid Exposure Of "Astronomical" Price Increases | ZeroHedge
- California Mayor Forced to Hand Over Electronics and Passwords at Airport, Compares U.S. To Nazi Germany | ZeroHedge
- How Did Picasso Create 50,000 Works of Art? | Altucher Confidential
- US Services Economy "Bounce" Dies As New Orders Crash Most Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Short Squeeze In 4 Years Leads To Longest Winning Streak Of 2015 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supreme Court rejects San Jose appeal over Athletics... | Business Insider
- The full story of Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey is much more awesome than you... | Business Insider
- Amtrak train derails in central Vermont; no word on... | Business Insider
- Police are searching for a missing Salesforce employee after a boat accident | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- 'Scary Lucy' statue gets new role in mall... | Business Insider
- California to enact tough equal pay law to address wage... | Business Insider