50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Of Keynesian Cul-De-Sacs And The Fed Creating More Financial Market Uncertainty | ZeroHedge
- US Stocks Slammed; Retrace Payroll Gains | ZeroHedge
- Las Vegas Housing Demand Has Crashed While Supply Surging | ZeroHedge
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Reached; No Extension Of Unemployment Benefits Means Unemployment Rate Set To... Plunge | ZeroHedge
- PMs Surge As Stocks Slumber On Dow's Lowest Range In 16 Months | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, This Is How They Settle Things In Georgia's Parliament | ZeroHedge
- Some Stunning Perspective: China Money Creation Blows US And Japan Out Of The Water | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- ALBERT EDWARDS: If People Were Paying Attention To This Obscure Inflation... | Business Insider
- Adam Sandler Tops Forbes' List Of Most Overpaid Actors... | Business Insider
- These Are The 10 Unhealthiest States In The US | Business Insider
- eBay CEO Slams Amazon's Delivery Drones As A 'Fantasy' | Business Insider
- A Former Exec At The 'Wolf Of Wall Street' Firm Has A Few Bones To... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com