50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Policy Error? Dollar Drops, Yield Curve Flattens, Gold Surges After Hawkish-er Fed | ZeroHedge
- A Psychiatric Diagnosis Of The U.S. 'Market' | ZeroHedge
- It's 2am In Japan, Time For Nikkei To Drop Another Tape Bomb | ZeroHedge
- FelonsVotesMatter (To Hillary) - Clinton's Election Fate In Virginia Lies With 200,000 Unregistered Offenders | ZeroHedge
- Facebook Soars After Smashing Expectations: The Quarter In Charts | ZeroHedge
- German Special Forces Raid Mosque, Apartments In Crackdown On Salafists | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Jumps Before Fed Rate Decision and Durable Goods Plunge | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sanders delegates occupy media tents at Democratic National Convention | Business Insider
- Donald Trump challenges Hillary Clinton to hold a press conference: 'I think it's time' | Business Insider
- Morocco says it has arrested 52 suspected ISIS militants and foiled... | Business Insider
- Al Qaeda offered to break ties with its branch in Syria as a '... | Business Insider
- 42 mouthwatering foods everyone should try in Japan | Business Insider
- ROOMY KHAN: The US government is creating a culture... | Business Insider
- Under Armour is taking over one of New York's most iconic places to build the... | Business Insider