50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Two-Thirds Of Global PMIs Deteriorate In August | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Are Jumping On Heavy Volume | ZeroHedge
- Manipulation = Fragility | ZeroHedge
- If The Fed Is Always Wrong, How Can Its Policies Ever Be Right? | ZeroHedge
- Policy Confusion Reigns As China Caps Muni Debt, Uncaps Bank Debt, And Bad Loans Soar | ZeroHedge
- Gartman Goes From "Stock Prices Have A Long Way To Fall" To "I'm Confused But Still Buying Stocks" In 7 Days | ZeroHedge
- It Gets Even Uglier In Canada | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The super-simple way to determine if you are getting enough sleep | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- The 25 hottest under-the-radar startups in America right now | Business Insider
- 7-Eleven under pressure in Australia over wage fraud... | Business Insider
- Los Angeles poised to vote on 2024 Olympic plan | Business Insider
- London's colourful Notting Hill Carnival kicks off | Business Insider
- Asian stocks fall after Fed suggests Sept rate hike... | Business Insider