50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is How ISIS Is Building An Airforce | ZeroHedge
- Is It Time to Ignore the Fed? | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Rises Again | Financial Sense
- Deflation’s Final Curtain Call (Part 2) | Financial Sense
- The Eurozone Is a Growing Problem for U.S. Economy | Financial Sense
- Double Whammy China PMI Misses Spark Sell-Side Demands For More Stimulus | ZeroHedge
- A Look at the Coming 30-Year Inflation Cycle | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 TV Shows to Binge Watch Before the Fall Season | TheStreet.com
- Why J.C. Penney's New Brooklyn Store Is Only Part of the Revival | TheStreet.com
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- MITT ROMNEY: Obama's 'Mistakes' Led To The Rise Of ISIS | Business Insider
- Parents of tumour boy held in Spain as sympathy grows | Business Insider
- Apple Just Unlocked A Big Mystery About How The App Store Works (AAPL) | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek