50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Shocking Admission: "The Federal Reserve Is A Criminal Conspiracy" | ZeroHedge
- Almost $3 Trillion Of European Debt Has Negative Rates As German Yields Collapse Further | ZeroHedge
- China Builds $6 Million Bridge To Nowhere | ZeroHedge
- Expect Volatility With First Decline in Corporate Earnings in Three Years | Financial Sense
- Is Greece's Debt Odious? | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Surges Higher As 'Hope' Trumps Reality | ZeroHedge
- Yellen's Speech: Labor Markets and Nonlinear Dynamics | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lloyds will stop paying investors billions of pounds on some of its... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- They can't all be unicorns: Once-hyped cloud startup Nebula goes out... | Business Insider
- Crude oil is surging (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- Questions persist about sexual effects of baldness drug | Business Insider
- Search Google backwards with this secret April Fools' Day... | Business Insider
- Arkansas governor's son is 'proud' to... | Business Insider