50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 2014 Black Friday Frenzy: America Goes Shopping, In Photos | ZeroHedge
- Renewable Energy: Does It Need Critically Rare Materials? | Financial Sense
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- The 5th Amendment: Why A Law Professor Says "Don't Talk To Police" | ZeroHedge
- Stimulate This! Thoughts On Intergenerational Fairness | ZeroHedge
- 'Wealth' Creation In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- The US Consumer Is So Exuberant, Best Buy's Website Just Died | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What the Collapse of the OPEC Cartel Means for Oil Prices | TheStreet.com
- Black Friday gets holiday shopping season in high gear | Business Insider
- Celebrities Show Off Their Beats In Apple's New Ad (AAPL) | Business Insider
- EL-ERIAN: The Oil Market Seems Surprised By OPEC — It... | Business Insider
- How Thanksgiving Took The Place Of An Awesome Military Celebration | Business Insider
- These Airline Passengers In Siberia Were Happy To Get Out And... | Business Insider
- Mexico leader plans to dissolve local police forces | Business Insider