50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- With A Hard-Landing Imminent, China Reminds Residents It Is Illegal To Jump Off Tops Of Buildings | ZeroHedge
- Every One Wants Dollars (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- Grand Jury Decision Unlikely This Weekend As Private Security Move "Guns & Gold" Out Of Ferguson | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 20, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Politics is Economics in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Sell, Sell, Sell... The Central Bank Madmen Are Raging | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Tweet From A Left-Wing Blogger About... | Business Insider
- The Performance Of State-Owned Enterprises Has Been... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Apple Is Donating A Portion Of Its Sales During The Biggest Shopping Days Of The Year To... | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com