50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Is Right Between Oil And Other Commodities: One Hedge Fund's Opinion | ZeroHedge
- These Americans Are Preparing For War With Their Own Government | ZeroHedge
- Keynes Must Die | ZeroHedge
- Something Stunning Is Taking Place Off The Coast Of Singapore | ZeroHedge
- Disruptors of Financial Technology | ZeroHedge
- Ralph Acampora: Technicians Are Very Bearish Right Now | Financial Sense
- De-Petrodollar-ization Esclates - China Imports Record Amount Of Russian Oil In April | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This brutal chart puts you at the heart of Wall Street's pain | Business Insider
- 5 signs you're going to be extraordinarily successful | Business Insider
- This college student came up with an ingenious way to fix his crooked... | Business Insider
- Fully understand the Fintech Ecosystem with this report | Business Insider
- Norse mythology is weirdly the most diverse part of the Marvel... | Business Insider
- Help! My coworker's perfume is making me sick | Business Insider
- Meet the Army’s new badass anti-tank weapon | Business Insider