50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Where The November Jobs Were: Accountants, Nurses, Waiters, Government And Part-Time Workers | ZeroHedge
- Using Deception Technology in the Race Against Cybercrime | Financial Sense
- Beyond Income Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Stagnation and the OECD's Solution | Financial Sense
- House Quietly Passes Bill Targeting "Russian Propaganda" Websites | ZeroHedge
- Tech, Small Caps Suffer Worst Week In 10 Months As Trump Hangover Hits | ZeroHedge
- The Quality of China’s Yuan Deteriorates – In One Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to invest in 'curing' cancer | Business Insider
- Furious customers are calling for Chipotle, Jeep, and Gap to... | Business Insider
- 9 appearance mistakes that could be holding you back at work | Business Insider
- Here are 11 of our favorite 2016 advent calendars | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- A startup has unveiled its hydrogen-electric truck that will hit the road in... | Business Insider
- Blame Castro for Cuba's poverty, but the US blockade didn't help either | Business Insider