50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed Has Boxed Itself Into A Corner | ZeroHedge
- The Surprising Consequences of the Global Frenzy for Positive Yield | Financial Sense
- Greece Begins The Great Pivot Toward Russia | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "If The Fed Stick To Their Script Then The Market Could Be In For A Small Shock" | ZeroHedge
- Why The U.S. Shale Boom May Come To Abrupt End | ZeroHedge
- An Entire Generation of Fund Managers is Unprepared For the Next Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Syriza’s Victory Is Not the End but the Beginning | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Spotify Is Looking To Raise $500 Million In New Funding | Business Insider
- Teenager Keys outshines Venus to make Australian Open... | Business Insider
- Amazon surprises market with $214 mln quarterly profit | Business Insider
- This Incubator Only Accepts Startups That Can Actually Improve The World | Business Insider
- Here's How Teens Describe The Anguish Of Being Without Their Phones For 24 Hours | Business Insider
- Blatter submits bid for fifth term as FIFA president | Business Insider
- ANALYST: China's 'Long-Awaited Day Of Reckoning' Is Almost Here | Business Insider