50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mission Accomplished | Financial Sense
- Russia Sends NATO A Clear Message By Arming Fighter Jets With First Air-To-Air Missles | ZeroHedge
- EU Reaches Deal With Turkey, Will Pay €3 Billion To Stem Refugee Outflow But Not Everyone Wants To Pay Up | ZeroHedge
- US Equities: Bye-Bye Buybacks | Financial Sense
- Newly-Completed Fukushima 'Containment' Wall Already "Slightly Leaning" | ZeroHedge
- A Contrarian Perspective on the Short Euro Trade | Financial Sense
- How Green Energy Really Works | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, and 10 other successful people were doing... | Business Insider
- 29 things you should never include on your résumé | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (AMZN,... | Business Insider
- University of Chicago calls off classes over online... | Business Insider
- French Connection is popping | Business Insider
- UC Irvine’s 7-foot-6 center dunked on an opponent without even jumping | Business Insider
- Thousands mourn at funeral of Kurdish lawyer in Turkey | Business Insider