50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bob, I got a bad feeling on this one. | ZeroHedge
- If It Looks Like A Recession, And Smells Like A Recession... | ZeroHedge
- "Jingle Mail" Makes Comeback In Canada As Underwater Borrowers Mail Keys Back To Banks | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 154 – Russell Simmons: How to Earn Your Worth | Altucher Confidential
- Goldman's Take: "Additional Hikes Remain FOMC Baseline" | ZeroHedge
- Amid Low Oil Prices, OPEC's Divisions Deepen | Financial Sense
- WTI Crashes To $27 Handle As US Energy Credit Risk Spikes Above 1500bps To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How the Canadian-born son of a Cuban refugee became the first Latino... | Business Insider
- A robot has solved a Rubik's Cube in under a second | Business Insider
- The west’s decades-long advantage in military... | Business Insider
- 7 reasons why airlines can bump you off a flight | Business Insider
- How old 17 self-made billionaires were when they made their... | Business Insider
- The insane Sherp ATV is a Russian-made machine with 4 huge tires that can also swim | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek