50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The "Devastating" Truth Behind America's Record Household Net Worth | ZeroHedge
- "I’ve Never Seen Anything Like This Before" - The Housing Markets In The Hamptons, Aspen And Miami Are All Crashing | ZeroHedge
- 49ers Fans Burn Kaepernik Jerseys After 'Black-Oppression'-Protesting QB Refuses To Stand For National Anthem | ZeroHedge
- How to Leave the European Union | Financial Sense
- Dallas Fed Respondent: "Sometime After The Election, Data Will Show That In 2016 The U.S. Was In Recession" | ZeroHedge
- Jim Rickards: "There Will Be A War On Gold" | ZeroHedge
- Just 3 Charts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein goes on a tweetstorm about Harambe and... | Business Insider
- Taylor Swift was dismissed from jury duty on a sexual-assault case because of bias | Business Insider
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- Jimmy Fallon hilariously impersonated Ryan Lochte at the VMAs | Business Insider
- One of the oldest ways to write software is finally starting to fade | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider
- J. Crew just made a desperate move to save itself | Business Insider