50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe Has A Solution For The Unemployment Problem: Fake Jobs | ZeroHedge
- China Stocks Crash, US Futures Flat Ahead Of More Greek Rumors | ZeroHedge
- Greece Feigned Deal Progress, Launched Rumors To Avert Bank Run | ZeroHedge
- How FIFA Makes (And Spends) Its Money | ZeroHedge
- How Healthcare Is Dooming the U.S. Economy (Three Charts) | Financial Sense
- P2P King Has 'An Offer You Can't Refuse' | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Austria Repatriates Gold, Confirms Loss Of Faith In Bank Of England | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a new rival to Kickstarter — but it... | Business Insider
- Here's how Dick Costolo deals with Wall Street calling... | Business Insider
- CEO of bankrupt Linux company says employee lawsuits put it out of business | Business Insider
- 21 tips for spelling like the pros | Business Insider
- Big changes are coming to Google's struggling social platform, Google+ (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Scientists restore lost memory in mice, shedding... | Business Insider
- This sad chart shows that women are paid less the men in ALL 50 states | Business Insider