50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
- ECB Moving Closer to Unconventional Policy | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap April 16, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Staff Sergeant Dignam’s Take on Whether the Market Has Bottomed | iBankCoin.com
- Reports Are Not Yet Confirming Slowdown Was All Weather Related | Financial Sense
- Obama To Provide More Non-Lethal Aid To Ukraine Such As Helmets And Sleeping Bags | ZeroHedge
- Q1 Earnings Season Summary: More Than Half Have Missed Revenues | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Markets Rise In Asia | Business Insider
- It's Time to Sell Yahoo | TheStreet.com
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich Gives Classic 46-Word Press Conference After... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Jim Cramer on Chipotle, IBM, Google and Goldman Sachs Earnings | TheStreet.com
- 50 Years Ago, This Was The Advice A 'Charm School Handbook' Gave To Teenage... | Business Insider