50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You Want to Fix the Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | Financial Sense
- Just Spotted In Front Of The New York Fed | ZeroHedge
- Debate Commission Admits There Was An "Issue" With Trump's Microphone | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Dump As Deutsche Doubts Drum Up 2008 Dread | ZeroHedge
- Citi Trader: "I Almost Feel Stupid Being Bearish " | ZeroHedge
- FBI Investigating More Dead People Voting In The Key Swing State Of Virginia | ZeroHedge
- China Housing Bubble Re-Inflates - "Even We Didn't Expect The Prices To Go Up This Much" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NFL POWER RANKINGS: Week 4 | Business Insider
- Overdoses now kill as many people per year as AIDS did in the... | Business Insider
- The 15 coolest airline paint jobs in the world | Business Insider
- Pope Francis issued a veiled criticism of Russia in post-Soviet Georgia | Business Insider
- How a separate 'happy budget' helps a couple... | Business Insider
- The Supreme Court is starting its new term in uncharted... | Business Insider
- The 27 scariest moments of the financial crisis | Business Insider