50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dow, S&P Give Up Last-Minute-Greek-Deal Dead-Cat-Bounce Gains | ZeroHedge
- Nature Rebounds | Financial Sense
- Greek D(efault)-Day Arrives, As Does China's Plunge Protection Team | ZeroHedge
- Tuesday Humor: Merkel's Desktop | ZeroHedge
- How Could The "Greek Experts" Be So Wrong? | ZeroHedge
- "Contained" Greek Contagion Smashes Japanese Banks Lower | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of This Week In America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Dalai Lama urges happiness and peace at Glastonbury | Business Insider
- The most powerful person in the world at every age | Business Insider
- Greeks are 'strategically' not paying their... | Business Insider
- Apple Music will charge you after 3 months if you don't do this | Business Insider
- This is what happens when markets get bored | Business Insider
- At the open, core European bonds are surging and peripheral bonds are... | Business Insider