50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Leaving The EU's Customs Union Is The Only Logical Step For A Truly "Global Britain" | ZeroHedge
- Is Bank Lending a Concern? | Financial Sense
- NYC Retail Vacancies Soar Prompting Massive Rent Concessions | ZeroHedge
- Forget ObamaCare, RyanCare, and any Future ReformCare—the Healthcare System Is Completely Broken | Financial Sense
- Ep. 221: Tucker Max – The Top Five Things I Learned From Tucker Max | Altucher Confidential
- Gold Slammed Below $1250 After Fed Fischer 'Dovish' Comments | ZeroHedge
- Congress Poised To Obliterate Broadband Privacy Rules | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Get Frye boots and bags for up to half off — and more of today's best deals from around the web | Business Insider
- An increasing number of Americans have stopped paying their car loans, and Wall... | Business Insider
- A Tesla employee is suing the company over claims of racial harassment and discrimination... | Business Insider
- Southeast Asia wants a faster, more personalized web | Business Insider
- The Cleveland Cavaliers look worn out, and it could be... | Business Insider
- The Pentagon is looking to increase support for Saudi Arabia's 2 year old... | Business Insider