50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Slammed - Dow Tumbles 350 Points Into Red Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- An Unparalleled Display of Sheer Horror | iBankCoin.com
- Bonds Drop, Dollar Pops After Hotter-Than-Expected Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Citadel Head Bond Trader (And TBAC Member) "Leaves" After Losing $1 Billion | ZeroHedge
- The Changing World of Work: The “Signal” Value of Credentials Is Eroding | Financial Sense
- Grexit Lives As "Deluded" Forecasters Predict The Unpredictable | ZeroHedge
- "We're All Frogs In Boiling Water" Santelli Says After Lacy Hunt Warns "This Is Far From Over" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bloomberg terminals are down | Business Insider
- Jordan Spieth's win at The Masters is worth $3 per share (UA) | Business Insider
- Germany's 10-year government bond yields are about to go negative | Business Insider
- Apple is worried Samsung won't make enough chips for the next... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Chinese journalist Gao Yu, 71, jailed for 7 years: court | Business Insider
- The British housing shortage made property prices grow at their... | Business Insider