50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: August 28 | ZeroHedge
- Thanks to the Fed, the Patient Is Now Past the Point of No Return | ZeroHedge
- More on the Casinos | iBankCoin.com
- MAKING LATERAL MOVES | iBankCoin.com
- Rand Paul Slams US Interventionists' "Unhinged Foreign Policy" For Abetting The Rise Of ISIS | ZeroHedge
- A-D Line Foretells Job Openings | Financial Sense
- Fukushima Increased Cesium Levels 100 to 1,000 Times Worldwide ... and 1,000,000 to 10,000,000 Times On the U.S. West Coast | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung's New Necklace Is The Strangest Tech Product We've Seen... | Business Insider
- The 14 Most Caffeinated College Campuses In America | Business Insider
- Look At IBM's Wild Cult-Like Songbook From 1937 (IBM) | Business Insider
- Precision in mid-air as rope jumpers soar on Greek isle | Business Insider
- Time Warner Pulls Out Of Deal That Would Have Valued Vice Media At $2 Billion... | Business Insider
- Netflix Knows What We Really Want, And It's An Alcoholic Talking Horse | Business Insider
- Janet Yellen Owns A Very Expensive Collection Of Stamps (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider