50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Economic Consequences Of Greece | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Odd Vol Out | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: The Moment Boris Nemtsov Was Assassinated | ZeroHedge
- Five Countries Most Affected by the Oil Price Crash | Financial Sense
- Was The Government Lying Then, Or Now? | ZeroHedge
- I’m On My Way to Hell | iBankCoin.com
- Financial Bloggers Are Bullish. Does It Matter? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unbelievable video of a man feeding alligators with his mouth in a Louisiana... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett defends Berkshire's conglomerate structure — and... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett is endorsing one of the hottest startups on the planet | Business Insider
- Vladimir Putin already has a theory... | Business Insider
- Ukraine's frontlines calm ahead of gas talks | Business Insider
- Egypt court declares Palestinian movement Hamas '... | Business Insider
- There's a terrifying place called Snake Island that's home to... | Business Insider