50/200-day MA Crossovers (ARP,ABMD,DCM,ANAC,CAAS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Atlas Resource Partners LP (ARP) is currently trading at $23.77. Its 52 week range is between $21.23 and $28.23.
Abiomed Inc (ABMD) is currently trading at $19.87. Its 52 week range is between $11.8 and $26.17.
NTT DoComo ADR repsg 1/100 Ord Shs (DCM) is currently trading at $16.18. Its 52 week range is between $13.81 and $17.49.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc (ANAC) is currently trading at $6.39. Its 52 week range is $3 and $8.25.
China Automotive Systems Inc (CAAS) is currently trading at $5.19. Its 52 week range is between $3.51 and $6.1.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Janet Yellen's "Double-Dissent, Exit Strategy" FOMC Press Conference - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Apple’s Smartwatch May Put Biotech on Silicon Valley Time | Financial Sense
- Global Un-Warming? Antarctic Sea-Ice Reaches Record High Levels | ZeroHedge
- Not All That It Seems | ZeroHedge
- What Happened After China's Last "Stealth QE"? | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Prepares For Bank Runs; 'Quietly' Sends Millions Of Banknotes North | ZeroHedge
- Germany Issues 2Y Note At Record Low Yield Of -7bps | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Stanford Psychologist Won A MacArthur Genius Grant For Showing How... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- ISIS Is Having An Alarmingly Easy Time Recruiting Fighters In Turkey | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Apple Could Be Gearing Up To Sell 50 Million Apple Watches Next Year (AAPL... | Business Insider
- New York's Pension System Has $5.6B In Hedge Funds — And It... | Business Insider
- You Just Got A Big Raise, America! | Business Insider