50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (WCRX,TESO,IFSIA,CAS,DLIA)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Warner Chilcott PLC (WCRX) is currently trading at $21.98. Its 52 week range is between $12.9 and $25.92.
TESCO Corp (TESO) is currently trading at $15.71. Its 52 week range is between $10.01 and $23.39.
Interface Inc (IFSIA) is currently trading at $13.96. Its 52 week range is between $9.75 and $20.48.
A.M. Castle & Co (CAS) is currently trading at $12.47. Its 52 week range is $7.85 and $19.1.
dELiA*s Inc (DLIA) is currently trading at $1.54. Its 52 week range is between $1 and $1.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consumer Confidence Surges; Highest Since the 2007 Market Peak | Financial Sense
- Espirito Santo Stock Suspended After 40% Crash, "Pending Information" | ZeroHedge
- Argentina Defaults | ZeroHedge
- 21 Ways To End The Phrase "Americans Are So Broke..." | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Posing in Front of Bears Today | iBankCoin.com
- The Case for a Bull or Bear Market in Two Charts | Financial Sense
- "Scorched Earth": How Israel Converted 40% Of Gaza Into A Wasteland Of Rubble | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amarin Shocker: There's a Reason to Be Bullish Right Now | TheStreet.com
- 3 Stocks Under $10 Making Big Moves | TheStreet.com
- eBay Just Released Its Diversity Numbers, And They're Better Than Some Other Companies In... | Business Insider
- Janet Yellen Just Got Some Wiggle Room (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, IWM, TLT) | Business Insider
- Traders Are Blaming Thursday's Big Sell-Off On 1 Stat | Business Insider
- China's Elites Are Now Playing Polo | Business Insider
- BORDER BILL DISASTER: House Plan In Chaos — Senate Bill Goes Down In Flames | Business Insider