50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Gold Is Undervalued | ZeroHedge
- It Will Take 398,879,561 Years To Pay Off The US Government's Debt | ZeroHedge
- NYC Doctor Confirmed Positive For Ebola; Contact With Girlfriend (Quarantine) & 3 Others; "Unlikely" Contagious On Subway | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Continue to Define Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- Saxobank CIO Warns "Another Shock Drop Is Coming.. And It's Coming Soon" | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Carry Trade: U.S. Banks Buying Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Meet Janet Dupree:72, Alcoholic, HIV-Positive, $16,000 In Student Debt: "I Won't Live Long Enough To Pay It Off" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Canada faces jihadist threat after home-grown attacks | Business Insider
- Obama: US Is 'Shaken' By Canadian Shooting | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Ebola Has Now Spread To Mali | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Yahoo's Struggle To Find Real Growth (YHOO... | Business Insider
- Here's Why Your iPhone Photos Sometimes Appear Upside... | Business Insider
- Microsoft Cloud Was A Ray Of Sunshine This Quarter With Revenue Up 128% (MSFT) | Business Insider