50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Stocks, US Futures Modestly Higher As Debate Digested, Draghi Eyed | ZeroHedge
- December Rate Hike Considerations | Financial Sense
- How Do You Find The Right Path? | Altucher Confidential
- Assange Lashes Out At America: "Rigged Primary, Rigged Media, Rigged Candidate" | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of England Admits QE 'Economic' Benefits Are Temporary, More Effective As Plunge-Protection For Markets | ZeroHedge
- "Something's Broken" - VIXnado Sparks Total Chaos In Stocks As Copper & Crude Crumble | ZeroHedge
- Nigeria Slashes Oil Prices, Admits There Is A "Huge" Cargo Glut | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The best blenders out there right now | Business Insider
- The government expects 13.8 million Americans to get insurance through... | Business Insider
- These 4 maps explain Iran's strategy | Business Insider
- Mentally ill woman wrote a heartbreaking essay foreshadowing her own death at hands... | Business Insider
- Counterterrorism prosecutors are calling for access to... | Business Insider
- 'Don't come on my air and lie': Sparks fly when Bill... | Business Insider
- The public is starting to take... | Business Insider