50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SocGen Asks The $4.5 Trillion Question | ZeroHedge
- The Monetary Approach Reigns Supreme | Financial Sense
- Despite Abysmal Weather, Feb Pending Homes Sales Surge By Most In 9 Months | ZeroHedge
- Meet Andorra: Europe's Next Failed State | ZeroHedge
- 3 Charts To Prove That 'Shadow Banking' Could Collapse The Entire Financial System | ZeroHedge
- ‘Peak Gold’ in 2015? - Goldman Sachs Research Warns of Peak Gold Production | ZeroHedge
- Steve Keen: The Deliberate Blindness Of Our Central Planners | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We checked out Victor — 'Uber for private jets' — where prices start at... | Business Insider
- IS executes at least 30 civilians in central Syria:... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- San Francisco's top 5% of earners blow the rest of the country... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Here's what US intelligence thought could happen to Hitler in 1943 | Business Insider
- International Cricket Council names World Cup XI | Business Insider