50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I AM NOW +5% FOR THE DAY! | iBankCoin.com
- U.S. to Foreign Officials: Stop Buying U.S. Treasuries | Financial Sense
- More Bubble Talk | iBankCoin.com
- Not So Fast: Allergan Adopts Poison Pill, Valeant CEO "Disappointed" - What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- Solar Boombox | iBankCoin.com
- Flood Of Students Demanding Loan Forgiveness Forces Administration Scramble | ZeroHedge
- Russia May Halt Oil Supplies On Ukraine Theft | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why A New Skyscraper In Saudi Arabia Could Mean Doom For The Global Economy... | Business Insider
- Facebook's... | Business Insider
- Here's The Starbucks Map Of America (SBUX) | Business Insider
- Why Tesla Motors Stock Is Higher This Morning | TheStreet.com
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, QQQ, AMZN, GM, KO, SBUX, P, UPS... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (AAPL, FB, AMZN... | Business Insider
- The iPad Has Hit A Wall | Business Insider