50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed Lacks The Physical Cash, Legal Authority And Computer Systems To Implement NIRP, According To The Fed | ZeroHedge
- Momo Bad News: JPM's Quant Guru Kolanovic Confirms Tech Bubble Has Burst... Again | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Feb 8, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Increasingly Fragile Upper-Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- Chart of the Day: Nonfarm Payrolls and Bank Tightening | Financial Sense
- Who Really Needs A Gold Standard? | ZeroHedge
- Eric Hadik on Gold, Oil, and Stocks; Sees Accelerating Crash Cycles in 2016 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- People called for Beyoncé boycott after her Super Bowl... | Business Insider
- Avocados from Mexico’s boss told us... | Business Insider
- North Korea will now reportedly have America's most advanced missile system... | Business Insider
- Los Angeles is tearing down a landmark bridge from 1930's... | Business Insider
- Consumers value... | Business Insider
- These are the best indoor HDTV antennas | Business Insider
- 'Kung Fu Panda 3' cruises to top the box office... | Business Insider