50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekly Market Summary - Volatility Likely to Remain High | Financial Sense
- The 80/20 Rule Is Crushing The Economy | ZeroHedge
- Meet Your "Independent" Media, America | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Yields Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- US Foreign Policy Explained (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Credit Markets Suggest Caution | Financial Sense
- China’s Leadership: Brilliant or Clueless? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Angels win 2-1 to prevent Rangers from clinching AL West | Business Insider
- Here's how many people die from terrorism compared to... | Business Insider
- 'A terrible day' - 9 killed by gunman in Oregon town | Business Insider
- No. 15 Oklahoma beats No. 23 West Virginia 44-24 | Business Insider
- More rain, flooding forecast along soggy East Coast | Business Insider
- London minicabs have hired a '... | Business Insider
- Bush: New guns laws aren't right reaction to mass... | Business Insider