50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Green in a Sea of Red | iBankCoin.com
- Jack Ma: If You're Poor At 35, You Deserve It | ZeroHedge
- Global Leading Indicator Plunges To Economic "Slowdown", Goldman Warns | ZeroHedge
- BofAML Repeats Art Cashin's Concerns Of A September Seasonal Slump | ZeroHedge
- What Iraq Thinks: "It Is Obvious To Everyone That ISIS Is A Creation Of The United States And Israel" | ZeroHedge
- G-20 Post Mortem: Hopes, Fears, & Dashed Exepctations | ZeroHedge
- G7 GDP Growth Before and After Crisis | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Enrique hails 'unique' Messi, Neymar as Barca win... | Business Insider
- Air France freezes low-cost plan in bid to end strike:... | Business Insider
- Fleckenstein Goes After CNBC Anchor And Her Rabid Colleagues For Talking Up A... | Business Insider
- Every Point In The Patriots-Raiders Game Was Scored By A 'Kowski' | Business Insider
- CNBC Contributor And Trader Rich Ilczyszyn Has Died At Age 46 | Business Insider
- Obama Is 'Obviously Concerned' That An Intruder Was Able To Make It... | Business Insider
- Herbalife Shares Crashed On Monday (HLF) | Business Insider