50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Move Higher on Strong Earnings, Low Inflation Readings | Financial Sense
- Will Argentina’s Debt Crisis Rock the Global Markets? | Financial Sense
- Europe's Proposed Russian Sanctions Leaked: Full Report | ZeroHedge
- A Zillow For Trulia Deal Changes Nothing | iBankCoin.com
- Web Poll: Bullish or Bearish? | iBankCoin.com
- REMINDER: ALL THE MAMACITAS LOVE A MAN WITH A VERYKOOL | iBankCoin.com
- Insolvent Chinese Construction Company Gets Last Minute Bailout, Avoids China's Second Bond Default | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Abuse-Proof Pain Pills Are Hitting The Market Just In Time | Business Insider
- Here's Why Everyone's Trashing Today's Awesome Jobs Report | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 5 Great Places to Retire Without a Car | TheStreet.com
- Here's Everything You Need To Know About 'Generation Alpha' — The Age Group Beyond Gen Z... | Business Insider
- Why More MBAs Are Becoming Entrepreneurs Straight Out Of Business... | Business Insider