50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Consumers Hunker Down: Personal Spending Misses; Savings Rate Soars To Highest Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Has Deflation Been Defeated? | Financial Sense
- It’s Official – Biggest Nino Ever – Killer La Nina to Follow | Financial Sense
- Suspects Armed With Kalashnikovs Take Hostages In French Town Near Belgian Border | ZeroHedge
- Fractional-Reserve Banking is Pure Fraud, Part I | ZeroHedge
- It's A Fake, Fake, Fake America | ZeroHedge
- No End In Sight For Commodity Carnage As Chinese Fear Fed Hike Blowback | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 non-GMO foods that are totally unnatural | Business Insider
- Australia-led group wins $7 bn electricity deal over... | Business Insider
- The NBA is drooling over a 19-year-old Australian freshman who looks ready to dominate... | Business Insider
- This is America's new $13 billion warship | Business Insider
- World War III is trending on Twitter after... | Business Insider
- Spotlight on Coe and Russia at IAAF meeting | Business Insider
- People are calling ISIS by a name they don’t want... | Business Insider