50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Manufacturing Runs | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- The Last Time Traders Were This Short 2Y Notes, Rates Collapsed | ZeroHedge
- "America's Demographic Situation Is A Ticking Time Bomb" | ZeroHedge
- Russia’s Gokhran Buying Gold Bullion In 2014 and Will Buy Palladium In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Another Conspiracy Theory Becomes Fact: The Fed's "Stealth Bailout" Of Foreign Banks Goes Mainstream | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- EBAY TO SPIN OFF PAYPAL (EBAY) | Business Insider
- Bad Roads, Bridges, And Traffic Are Costing... | Business Insider
- David Einhorn Makes $92 Million From Bagels (BAGL) | Business Insider
- There Goes The Dollar Again | Business Insider
- Why Everyone Is Going Crazy For Sweetgreen — The Healthy 'Slow Food' Chain... | Business Insider
- German retail sales climb in August | Business Insider
- Britain Is Not At All Sure It Likes The New 'Green' Coke Flavor (KO) | Business Insider