50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Colombia: Sam Zell May be Onto Something | ZeroHedge
- PLaNeT OF MiSTaKeS... | ZeroHedge
- The Panic Trade Wins Again | iBankCoin.com
- Mission Accomplished? S&P Recovers Yesterday's Losses On 30%-Below-Average Volume | ZeroHedge
- Gold Manipulators Busted After Zero Hedge Report On Flagrant Gold Spoofing | ZeroHedge
- Fed Cites Weather, “Transitory” Factors in FOMC Statement; No Hat Tricks; What About Consumer Sentiment? | Financial Sense
- Markets Are Stirring: Complacency Meets Froth | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- William and Kate back home with Britain's new princess | Business Insider
- 9 things every Las Vegas rookie should know | Business Insider
- 'We're all blonde': US envoy hits back at Ankara... | Business Insider
- Here's the way the 'Avengers' sequel... | Business Insider
- 6 nightclubs and bars that will fulfill your wildest Vegas dreams (and then some) | Business Insider
- Manny Pacquiao: 'I thought I won the fight. He didn't do nothing... | Business Insider
- 9 characters who have been able to lift Thor's hammer | Business Insider