50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Three Weird Consequences Of NIRP | ZeroHedge
- Another Blistering Auction: Foreign Central Banks Just Can't Get Enough Of 5Y Paper | ZeroHedge
- What It Takes To Be President Of The American Police State | ZeroHedge
- When a Dollar is Not a Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Charles Bolin's Detailed Investment Outlook - Market Topping, Economic Data in Decline | Financial Sense
- What the Greek Deal Does and Does Not Do | Financial Sense
- Feds Probing Potential Insider Trading By Senator Bob Corker | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Native advertising is the future of Internet marketing... | Business Insider
- The Golden State Warriors are no longer the favorite to win the NBA... | Business Insider
- A former Apple designer has created the iPhone of vaporizers | Business Insider
- 13 public-speaking mistakes you should avoid at all costs | Business Insider
- TOLL BROTHERS: The luxury housing market looks strong everywhere except in one... | Business Insider
- Snapchat's 'X-Men: Apocalypse'... | Business Insider
- Apple has a huge decision to make about naming the iPhone (AAPL) | Business Insider