50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- But It's Tuesday!! | ZeroHedge
- The Dollar Is Going Up | Financial Sense
- Two Issues for the Fed: When and How | ZeroHedge
- Hilsenrath Hits The Tape: Ignore Everything I Said Two Weeks Ago | ZeroHedge
- Breakout in Bond Yields Foreshadows Possible Economic Acceleration | Financial Sense
- The Fed in Focus This Week | Financial Sense
- Headed for Euphoria | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 Rules That Should Be Guiding Your Career | Business Insider
- Senate Panel Approves Broad Immigration Bill | Business Insider
- The 15 Healthiest Cities In America | Business Insider
- Fan Hijacks Spurs-Grizzlies Postgame By Screaming 'We Did It!' Directly Into... | Business Insider
- How Prada Grew Its Brand Value Faster Than Any Other Last Year | Business Insider
- The Most Pinned Brand On Pinterest Doesn't Even Use A Pinterest... | Business Insider
- EXPERT: 'Desperate Anger' Is Driving The Rise In Anti-Gay Hatred | Business Insider