50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Remember These Days | iBankCoin.com
- Five Stocks to Consider Putting on Your Ship | iBankCoin.com
- Last Sunday’s Analysis of the Biotechnology Sector At-Large | iBankCoin.com
- High-Probability Of Russian Assault Overnight, Ukraine Pravda Says | ZeroHedge
- Trimming a Piece of That Mullet | iBankCoin.com
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- The Photo That Reveals Why US and EU Bankers Despise Russia's Putin So Much | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 27 Coolest Cars At The Geneva Motor Show | Business Insider
- Apple's Infotainment System Has Condemned Drivers To A Rough 6 Years | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs Expects Friday's Jobs Report To Disappoint | Business Insider
- Hidden Camera Captures Debate Over Costco's Future | TheStreet.com
- Google's New Office In Malaysia Is A Wild Indoor Jungle [PHOTOS] | Business Insider
- Could a Smartwatch Be Apple, Intel's Next Big Flop? | TheStreet.com
- Frontier Market And Emerging Market Stocks Are Going In Opposite... | Business Insider