50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Bears Are Who We Thought They Were | iBankCoin.com
- 5 SCaRY WoRST CaSe SCeNaRioS... | ZeroHedge
- The December "Dots"... Drop | ZeroHedge
- The Annotated History of US Dollar Debauchery | ZeroHedge
- A Pessimist's Guide To The World In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Comstock Suspends Drilling In Eagle Ford Due To Plunging Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- Who Are The Three Biggest Data Companies In the World? 1) Google 2) the Fed 3) JP Morgan/ECB | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Juventus ease to Cagliari win | Business Insider
- HERE COME THE CUBAN CIGARS | Business Insider
- YES! Apple Pay Is Coming To The UK (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Fed makes no policy changes; says can be 'patient' | Business Insider
- A Former Seattle Seahawk Will Lead 200 Merrill Lynch Reps In San Francisco | Business Insider
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com