50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- John Kerry Speaks On Ukraine De-escalation: Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- WTF Moment Of The Week: No One Bought Japanese Bonds For 36 Hours This Week | ZeroHedge
- India’s Nuclear Energy Future at Risk in Elections | Financial Sense
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- More "De-escalation" - NATO Sends Five Warships To Baltic Sea | ZeroHedge
- A Bunch of Checkups from the Neck Up | iBankCoin.com
- Potential for "Very High" Natural Gas Spikes This Year, Says Energy Analyst | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How A Fuel Cell Car Works | Business Insider
- Payment Apps Are Quickly Changing How We Transfer Money To Each Other, And Around... | Business Insider
- Chinese Government Admits One Fifth Of Country's Farmland Is Polluted | Business Insider
- The Founder Of A Dot-Com Disaster Is Giving His Old Grocery Delivery Idea Another Shot... | Business Insider
- An 18-Year-Old Intern Who Kept Screwing Up Brain Surgery On Mice Accidentally Stumbled Upon A... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- E-COMMERCE INSIDER: Print... | Business Insider