50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Proof That Golf And Economics Don't Mix | ZeroHedge
- Forget Orwell And Rand, We’ve Gone To Full On Plato | ZeroHedge
- Still Lower Prices Ahead For Oil? | Financial Sense
- Saxobank CIO: "Non-Productive Society Reigns Supreme In Most Developed Countries" | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Why Monetizing Debt Could End In Revolutions | ZeroHedge
- NATO Jets Surrounding Russia: Before And After | ZeroHedge
- China Manufacturing PMI and Output Back in Contraction | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Gunmen execute 28 on Kenya bus near Somalia border | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Retailers Are Missing A Huge Opportunity On The Mobile Web | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Aereo May Be Dead, But Over-The-Top Television Is Just Beginning | TheStreet.com
- Woman Opens A Professional Cuddle Store And Charges $60 An Hour To Snuggle | Business Insider
- What Men Fantasize About | Business Insider