50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump`s Deficit Spending Plan Will Bankrupt United States | ZeroHedge
- Weekly S&P 500 #ChartStorm | Financial Sense
- Which Nation Do Americans See As Their Greatest Enemy (Spoiler Alert: It's Not Russia) | ZeroHedge
- Trump Wouldn't Be The First President To Mobilize The National Guard To Enforce Immigration Law | ZeroHedge
- Bianco: Trump Will Bring More Inflation Than Real Growth | Financial Sense
- Undeniable – Small Businesses Love Trump and His Policies | ZeroHedge
- "Recessionary" Demand Forces New York Harbor To Divert Gasoline Shipments | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 12 cities with the most trees around the world | Business Insider
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution... | Business Insider
- Joe Scarborough calls Trump a 'fake president' for... | Business Insider
- The US dollar is becoming a problem | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- There's a simple reason the percentage of people owning a home is at a historic... | Business Insider
- Here's why New York's tech sector will surpass... | Business Insider