50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is It Time to Ignore the Fed? | Financial Sense
- "Markets In Turmoil" S&P 500 Loses 'Crucial' 2,000 Level As Bond Yields Slump | ZeroHedge
- Marc Faber Slams US Intervention In Middle East, Warns "Whole Region Will Blow Up" | ZeroHedge
- New Technology Could End The Debate Over Pipeline Safety | ZeroHedge
- The Time Is Ripe For A False-Flag Attack On American Soil | ZeroHedge
- Summarizing The West's Russia-Ukraine Propaganda | ZeroHedge
- SCeNe FRoM AMeRiCaN JiHaD... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 30 Award-Winning Photos Of Nature Taken By Scientists | Business Insider
- ALBERT EDWARDS: THE BUYBACK BONANZA IS ENDING AND THE STOCK MARKET BUBBLE IS... | Business Insider
- What The Average Banker In The UK Makes In Bonus Pay Each Year | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- There's No Better Time For Investors To Go Bargain Hunting Than During A... | Business Insider
- Nintendo Announces Redesigned 3DS Consoles | Business Insider
- One Of Samsung's Ads For The New Galaxy Note 4 Disappeared... | Business Insider