50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Stanley Fischer Speaks - More Drivel From A Dangerous Academic Fool | ZeroHedge
- The Scariest Chart For Global Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Bernie Sanders Blasts "The Business Model Of Wall Street Is Fraud" | ZeroHedge
- Take The Opportunity To Bail Before It's Too Late | ZeroHedge
- Reflections on the Past Three Days and the Fed’s Policy Problem | Financial Sense
- The Economics Of Bernie Sanders | ZeroHedge
- European Stocks Suffer Biggest Monthly Loss In 4 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ohio Gov. Kasich opposes changing name of Mount McKinley | Business Insider
- Nadal survives Coric scare at US Open | Business Insider
- The Latest: No marriage licenses at Kentucky clerk's... | Business Insider
- Fisher names Golson starting QB for No. 10 Florida State | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (YHOO, GOOG,... | Business Insider
- Women dominate most of social media, but men are more active on these two... | Business Insider
- An old Apple patent reveals how its new TV remote will probably work (AAPL) | Business Insider