50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 4 Mainstream Media Articles Mocking Gold That Should Make You Think | ZeroHedge
- The War On Cash: Why Now? | ZeroHedge
- Hybrid Moves | iBankCoin.com
- Brazil's Economy Slides Into Depression, And Now Olympians Will Be Swimming In Feces | ZeroHedge
- "Moscow Must Burn": Ukraine's "Christian Taliban" Pledges Anti-Russian "Crusade" | ZeroHedge
- Why Economists and Markets Disagree on Fed Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
- Twist Those Dirty Bags! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung is going to launch its Apple Pay competitor in Europe | Business Insider
- Shake Shack is up 20% (SHAK) | Business Insider
- The 13 most popular apparel brands by age | Business Insider
- 5 things one entrepreneur learned after being rejected... | Business Insider
- A hunting club that suspended the dentist who killed... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Possible MH370 debris could be a 'flaperon' —... | Business Insider