50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Analyzing Trump's Election Chances: What Does The Donald Need To Do To Win? | ZeroHedge
- Summary Of Recent Fed Statements: Spot The Common Theme | ZeroHedge
- The Collapse Of American Free Press: Martin Armstrong Rages "It's Just Over" | ZeroHedge
- How Does 2016 Compare to Stock Market Peaks in 2000 and 2007? | Financial Sense
- Bretton Woods: RIP | Financial Sense
- Obamacare Is Rapidly Becoming The Poster-Child For American Inequality | ZeroHedge
- A Displeased Colin Powell Accuses Hillary Of "Trying To Pin" Email Scandal On His Advice | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lionel Messi's boyhood club wants to bring him back home after the... | Business Insider
- Fully understand the IoT with this report | Business Insider
- Google's app-install ad business hits growth spurt (GOOG, GOOGL... | Business Insider
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution... | Business Insider
- We visited the burger chain that's embroiled in a 'David and Goliath scenario' with... | Business Insider
- Will the Internet of Things be bigger than the... | Business Insider
- The Philippines' new president is waging a drug war... | Business Insider