50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Tops $83, Gold Over $1255 As Commodities Spike Higher & Riyal Slides To 2009 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Santelli & Schiff: "A Messy Exit Is A Given... Ending QE Will Plunge US Into Severe Recession" | ZeroHedge
- "We Are From The Government And We Are Here To Get Rid Of Ebola" | ZeroHedge
- Universities Feel the Gales of Creative Destruction | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap October 20, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Anyone for a Deep Fried Apple Burrito? | iBankCoin.com
- New Tesla Model S May Have Us Rethink Electric Cars | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Peyton Manning Is A Freak And Is Doing Things Never Seen Before At His Age | Business Insider
- This Amazing Brooklyn Startup Office Looks Like A Jungle Gym | Business Insider
- How To Get An Hour Of Ad-Free Music On Pandora For $0 | Business Insider
- The World Is Losing The War Against Ebola | Business Insider
- Why Ebola Probably Won't Go Airborne | Business Insider
- Franco-German mini-summit to tackle growth, budget | Business Insider
- City face CSKA behind closed doors, Guardiola returns... | Business Insider