50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ukraine Risk Soars To 4 Year High As Opposition Offices Raided, Protests Continue - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Why Japan May Matter More Than Tapering | Financial Sense
- Today’s Hybrid Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Greece Tumbles Into The Deflationary Abyss, While Its Primary Surplus Sounds The "Grexit" Alarm | ZeroHedge
- 2014: Gold Up 70% or U.S. Equities Down 40%? | Financial Sense
- Gold & Silver Play Catch Up To Stocks' Un-Taper Exuberance | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Lions Went For A 2-Point Conversion In A Snow Storm, And It Was Brilliant... | Business Insider
- Chinese Ships Are Sailing Near Disputed Islands Claimed By Japan | Business Insider
- The WTO Just Came To A Historic Trade Deal — Here's What... | Business Insider
- 5 Rocket Stocks to Buy Before 2014 | TheStreet.com
- Here's How To Check Out Your 20 Biggest Moments Of 2013 On Facebook | Business Insider
- 18-Year-Old Cancer Survivor Invents A New Way To Throw A Football, Wins $... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek