50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- World Stocks Hit All Time High, S&P Futures Rise To Within 1% Of Record | ZeroHedge
- LePen Euro Panic Over – “For Now” | ZeroHedge
- EURUSD Spikes Above 1.09 After Reuters Telegraphs ECB Hawkish Turn | ZeroHedge
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Sees "Decades Of Pain Ahead" Thanks To Internet Disruption | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Open It" - 9 Mexican States On Alert After Radioactive Material Stolen | ZeroHedge
- Who Will Live In The Suburbs If Millennials Favor Cities? | ZeroHedge
- Confronting Russophobia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HBO's new 'Silicon Valley' opening sequence is filled with... | Business Insider
- White House officials were reportedly worried Trump would... | Business Insider
- An Israeli startup armed with $45 million is taking on Google and Apple in the race to sell... | Business Insider
- Russia increased its defense budget to become the third biggest spender in 2016 | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- The Canadian dollar is tumbling | Business Insider
- 3 things I learned about focus from shooting a sniper rifle with a... | Business Insider