50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- CNN Caught in Locker Room Talk; Crew Jokes About Trump's Plane Crashing | ZeroHedge
- This Is The "Most Dangerous Moment In Human History," Stephen Hawking Warns | ZeroHedge
- Will Rand Paul Fight Fake News With a Filibuster? | ZeroHedge
- Norway Buying $130 Billion In Global Equities As Sovereign Wealth Fund Continues To Bleed Cash | ZeroHedge
- In The Year Of Fake News, Finance Cannot Be Entertainment | ZeroHedge
- FAIL... | ZeroHedge
- The 20 Most Sinister Psyop Leaflets Of All Time | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Private insurers won't love it when Trump repeals Obamacare... | Business Insider
- TRUMP: Companies won't leave US anymore 'without consequences... | Business Insider
- 11 skills you can learn in a week that will impress just about anyone | Business Insider
- A Utah teenager brought guns to school — and his parents... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today (SBUX, SWHC, BP) | Business Insider
- Apple asks the government to make it easier to develop self-driving... | Business Insider
- A startup has unveiled its hydrogen-electric truck that will hit the road in... | Business Insider