50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China’s Market Finally Looks Like a Buy | Financial Sense
- A Cup of Coffee with a Metal and Miner for Your Weekend Brunch | iBankCoin.com
- Here's How Obama Can Halt "Tax Inversions" Without Congress (& Why It Doesn't Matter) | ZeroHedge
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge | Financial Sense
- A Long-Term Look at Inflation | Financial Sense
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Q2 Earnings Show Improvement Over Prior Quarters | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dollar Tree, Family Dollar Merge, Coach & Herbalife Earnings, Jim's Marathon | TheStreet.com
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- WHITE HOUSE TO RUSSIA: Prepare To Get Whacked By The Worst Sanctions Yet | Business Insider
- 9 Surprising Facts About Retail Giant Wal-Mart | Business Insider
- I Used Google Shopping Express Once And Now I Never Want To Leave My House Again | Business Insider
- Chinese Hackers Stole Plans For Israel's Iron Dome | Business Insider
- The US Economy Does Better Under Democratic Presidents, But Party Affiliation Has Nothing To... | Business Insider