50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TRI,FMCN,MFB,AVP,VIVO)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Thomson Reuters Ord Shs (TRI) is currently trading at $28.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.28 and $41.34.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $23.51. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $37.58.
Maidenform Brands Inc (MFB) is currently trading at $22.42. Its 52 week range is between $17 and $32.19.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $21.64. Its 52 week range is $16.09 and $31.6.
Meridian Bioscience Inc (VIVO) is currently trading at $18.72. Its 52 week range is between $14.81 and $27.37.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THe 9-11 VeTo | ZeroHedge
- WTI Extends Losses As US Oil Rig Count Rises To 7-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Washington Mall Shooter Caught: Suspect Is 20 Year Old Turkish Immigrant | ZeroHedge
- Apple Tumbles After Channel Checks Reveal iPhone 7 Exuberance Misplaced | ZeroHedge
- "Hell To Pay" - The Final Condition For A Market Crash Is Falling Into Place | ZeroHedge
- Extensive Immigration Study Finds Impact On "Aggregate Wealth Of Natives Is, At Best, A Wash" | ZeroHedge
- Japan: Government Re-Evaluates Its Economic Calculations | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A hot new hedge fund just made some big hires | Business Insider
- There's something really bizarre about how Clinton's preparing to... | Business Insider
- This is how Europe fights back against Russian... | Business Insider
- Flight attendants share the 16 most common misconceptions people have... | Business Insider
- New surveillance video shows alleged NYC bomber planting bomb that... | Business Insider
- Here's the electric car Audi is building to take on Tesla (TSLA) | Business Insider
- These are the worst faux pas you can make in 17 different countries | Business Insider