50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- After Bubble Pops, Saudi Arabia Opens Stock Market To Foreign "Greater Fool" Investors | ZeroHedge
- Portugal President Admits Espirito Santo Failure Could Be Systemic As Another HoldCo Goes Bankrupt | ZeroHedge
- It's Time For The BRICS To Act To Counter US Destabilization Efforts | ZeroHedge
- Facebook a Standout Even Among the Leaders | iBankCoin.com
- The Catalysts for a Correction | Financial Sense
- 5 Reasons Why The Market Won't Crash Or Will | ZeroHedge
- Poroshenko Demands Ukraine Separatists Be Declared "Terrorists" Under International Law | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Eye-Popping Chart Of Ex-US Companies Shows Why People Are Freaking Out About... | Business Insider
- Biotech Giant Blows Away Expectations After Selling $3.5 Billion Of Its '... | Business Insider
- How Your Diet Is Stressing You Out | Business Insider
- Amazon's New Earbuds Won't Get Tangled And They're A Lot Better... | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: iPhone Sales Are Up, But Its... | Business Insider
- U.S. Stocks Rebound on Encouraging Earnings and Economic Data | TheStreet.com
- Here's Where Russia Trains Separatists Before Sending Them Into... | Business Insider