50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Pension Fund Is Daytrading Your Retirement Funds, With Up To 500% Leverage | ZeroHedge
- August Retail Sales Rose Broadly | Financial Sense
- Scotland's Salmond Resigns After Losing Independence Vote | ZeroHedge
- BofA Says Bearish Bonds Means Bullish Greenback | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Fisher Admits "Fed Has Levitated Markets", Warns Of "Signs Of Excess" | ZeroHedge
- Did The Bottom Just Fall Out Of Commodities? | ZeroHedge
- Keynes Was a Failure in Japan – No Need to Embrace Him in Europe | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NFL Player Breaks Down On Sideline After Breaking Record | Business Insider
- 17 Of The Most Shocking PETA Ads | Business Insider
- Desktop Tinder Is Finally Here — And It's Terrifying | Business Insider
- Alibaba sets IPO share price, to raise $25 bn: source | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- China troops withdraw from India border as Xi visit ends | Business Insider
- CNN Made A Huge Mistake On A Scotland Independence Poll | Business Insider