50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As the Apple Turns: How Obvious it Too Obvious? | iBankCoin.com
- Deleveraging, Releveraging And Finding The New Saturation Point | ZeroHedge
- Present Shock And The Loss Of History And Context | ZeroHedge
- They Better Pray There Is No Short Squeeze... | ZeroHedge
- China's Bird Flu Goes Airborne | ZeroHedge
- USA: Unemployment Down | ZeroHedge
- Four Signs That We're Back In Dangerous Bubble Territory | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japan's Breathtaking 7% Plunge Is The Worst Since The Fukushima Disaster | Business Insider
- The History Of Fatalities From Tornadoes, Floods, Hurricanes, And... | Business Insider
- PAUL TUDOR JONES: Babies Are The Biggest 'Killer' Of Women's Trading... | Business Insider
- Charles Schwab: Investors Will Benefit From A 'More Cyclical Stance' | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: The Japanese Nikkei's Historic Plunge In Context | Business Insider
- Moms Are Power Users Of Social Media On Mobile | Business Insider
- George Zimmerman Lawyers Release Photos Of Trayvon Martin Holding Guns,... | Business Insider