50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russian-OPEC Production Cut Remains a Long Shot | Financial Sense
- “The People Who Cast The Votes Don’t Decide An Election, The People Who COUNT The Votes Do.” | ZeroHedge
- A Wounded Deutsche Bank Lashes Out At Central Bankers: Stop Easing, You Are Crushing Us | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of America Admits The U.S. May Already Be In A Recession | ZeroHedge
- You Get What You Deserve | ZeroHedge
- 10-Year Old Austrian Boy Raped By Iraqi Refugee Due To "Sexual Emergency" | ZeroHedge
- Google Or Apple, FactSet Asks "Who's Bigger"? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A serial angel-investor explains how he allocates his time | Business Insider
- A new breed of investor is thriving on the... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- A young couple may have gotten an advance clue... | Business Insider
- This Caribbean island is completely overrun with swimming pigs | Business Insider
- 4 crucial steps to take to prepare for your Wall Street interview | Business Insider
- An obscure outdoor brand blew its entire ad budget on one of the weirdest Super Bowl commercials we... | Business Insider