50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Most Indirect Bidders For 7 Year Paper Since US Downgrade Means Lowest Yield In Over A Year | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Gold Initiative: Good Idea With Unintended Consequences | Financial Sense
- Stimulate This! Thoughts On Intergenerational Fairness | ZeroHedge
- Prosperity Amidst the Ruins | ZeroHedge
- Banking At The Box Office | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Close At Recordest Highs Ensuring 'Confident' Black Friday, Despite Macro Massacre | ZeroHedge
- Notes on Russia | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- American Air's Envoy: 'An Airline That Is Coming Apart' | TheStreet.com
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- New Home Sales Climb | Business Insider
- The European Parliament Just Voted To Break Up Google (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Consumer Confidence Is At A Seven-Year High (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider