50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Housing Recovery Has Been Canceled Due To Data Revisions | ZeroHedge
- Traders Playing BAS Are Out Of Their Minds | iBankCoin.com
- Neither the US Nor China Will be an Engine For Global Growth Next Year | ZeroHedge
- Reminder About the New Weekly Strategy Session Look | iBankCoin.com
- Meet The Millennials: All You Ever Wanted To Know About America's Youth, In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Caption Contest: "No Tongues" Edition | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Carry Trade: U.S. Banks Buying Treasuries | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Market Volatility Is No Reason To Freak Out | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Nadal calls time on 2014, faces November 3 surgery | Business Insider
- War-scarred Ukraine votes for pro-Western future | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Sakho stars as Hammers stun Man City | Business Insider
- Lebanon army attacks gunmen in historic Tripoli market | Business Insider