50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mnuchin "Not Worried" About Robotization Of America's Workforce Despite Shocking New Report | ZeroHedge
- Ring The Alarm: UK Entering Meltdown Mode | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Navalny Arrested As Opposition Protests Sweep Russia | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta GDPNow Confirms “Hard” Data Still Disappointing | Financial Sense
- OPEC, Non-OPEC Oil Producers Recommend Extending Production Cuts By Six Months | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Top? Champagne Shipments To US Reach 2007 Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Trump Obamacare Repeal Blew Up Bigly Because of a House Divided Against Itself | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Elon Musk reveals how much sleep he gets each night | Business Insider
- There's a gaping hole in the... | Business Insider
- Chris Bosh has become the NBA's most interesting man off the court | Business Insider
- Trump has met with 81 executives since being elected president — here's who... | Business Insider
- A top Wall Street banker quit his job to fight for civil... | Business Insider
- Here's how much it costs both Saudi Arabia and the US... | Business Insider
- 23 questions you should never ask at the end of a job interview | Business Insider