50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Madness Swirls at House Judiciary Committee as Comey Attempts to Justify Hillary Innocence | ZeroHedge
- End Of An Era: BlackBerry To Stop Making Smartphones | ZeroHedge
- Just Spotted In Front Of The New York Fed | ZeroHedge
- The Growth of the Anti-Establishment Movement Outside the West | Financial Sense
- Citi Has One Unpleasant Chart For Anyone Thinking Of Buying Twitter | ZeroHedge
- You Want To Fix The Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | ZeroHedge
- India Assets Slide After Modi Launches "Surgical Strikes" In Kashmir, Killing Two Pakistani Soldiers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Elon Musk expects to find aliens on Mars and... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Here are the 5 best ways to prepare your car for fall | Business Insider
- Former Ivy League admissions officer reveals how schools... | Business Insider
- Here's the best way to keep your smartphone charged when you're off the grid | Business Insider
- Apple just made a huge deal to push the iPhone into big businesses (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Beware of fraudulent IRS emails in your inbox | Business Insider