50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Gold Set To Hit $1,500 Per Ounce? | ZeroHedge
- US Has Spent $11.5 Million A Day For Past 542 Days Straight In Fight Against ISIS | ZeroHedge
- A Fully Automated Stock Market Blow-Off? | ZeroHedge
- All You Need To Know About Germany's "Most Stringent" Gun Ownership Laws | ZeroHedge
- Q3 EPS Expectations Just Turned Negative: Six Consecutive Quarters Of Declining Earnings | ZeroHedge
- "End of the Game" Near as Corporate Defaults Surge Across the Globe, Says Expert | Financial Sense
- EURUSD Plunges To Post-Brexit Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'I certainly think it's all right': Republicans... | Business Insider
- This is how British commandos pulled off ‘The Greatest Raid of All’ | Business Insider
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider
- There's a simple reason why one kind of trip gives you the worst jet lag — and you can use it... | Business Insider
- American Airlines just signaled a harsh reality for the US economy (AAL) | Business Insider
- A Canadian comedian has been ordered to pay $42,000 for insulting a disabled... | Business Insider
- UK police: Nearly 6,200 hate crimes reported in the month... | Business Insider