50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- After VISA's Stock Split, The Most Important Company In The Dow Jones "Industrial" Average Is... | ZeroHedge
- A Side Note to the Madness | iBankCoin.com
- The History Of Global Crises Through The Eyes Of The US Dollar | ZeroHedge
- S&P Gives Up AAPL-Bounce Gains, Dow Negative Post-QE3 | ZeroHedge
- Either Oil Soars Back To $88, Or Energy Stocks Have To Tumble By Over 40% | ZeroHedge
- Putin Pivots Back: Russia Confirms Willingness To Provide Financial Aid To Greece | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen Now Advises Democrats What The Fed's Monetary Policy Plans Are | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Raul Castro Says The US Must Return... | Business Insider
- Serena sets up dream Slam final with Sharapova | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- GREEK BANKS ARE GETTING SHATTERED | Business Insider
- Check Out This Futuristic Hospital With... | Business Insider
- Hershey Just Made Its First Acquisition That Isn't Candy | Business Insider