50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eric Hadik: 'Seismic Shift' Coming for US Dollar, Gold Market | Financial Sense
- Global Stocks Unchanged; US Futures Rise Above 2,100 As Traders Celebrate Memorial Day | ZeroHedge
- Cuddling and Egg McMuffins Show Economic Slowdown Underway | Financial Sense
- "All Men Are Not Created Equal" Louisiana State Rep. Rejects Declaration Of Independence | ZeroHedge
- Why The Next Black Swan Will Turn Into A Flock | ZeroHedge
- Beyond The Minsky Moment: China's Ponzi Schemes Are Now Investing In Other Ponzi Schemes | ZeroHedge
- This Is Not A Drill. This Is The Real Thing. | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A finance exec says the best way to... | Business Insider
- An ice age on Mars is ending — here's why that... | Business Insider
- Mark Cuban's foray into politics has reached new heights | Business Insider
- There’s one overlooked industry at the heart of all of our modern conveniences | Business Insider
- Overdoses from legal drugs are exploding — and a new plan to curb the... | Business Insider
- This dinner plate cuts 30 calories from each meal | Business Insider
- Apple and Microsoft are still fighting an old war — while Amazon and... | Business Insider