50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand by 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- Felix Zulauf Sees Final Leg of the Bull Market | Financial Sense
- Q2 GDP Revised Lower To 1.1%, As Expected, Even As Personal Consumption Rises | ZeroHedge
- “Saving Social Security” May End in Dollar Devaluation | Financial Sense
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- Did the Market Just Hit a Barrier? | Financial Sense
- "Bad Cop" Fischer Spoils "Good Cop" Yellen's Party: Stocks Plunge, VIX Spikes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Point-of-sale security breaches could reduce customer... | Business Insider
- Viceland's low ratings doesn't mean you should write it off just yet | Business Insider
- Google just hired an Airbnb exec to commercialize its self... | Business Insider
- Gap and Abercrombie are trapped in retail's nightmarish cycle | Business Insider
- It sounds like ISIS is in dire financial straits | Business Insider
- Inside the office of the New York City startup that's convinced 2 million people... | Business Insider
- Colombia's peace deal has a cocaine problem | Business Insider