50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed's Failure Complicates Its Endgame | ZeroHedge
- Forget Ebola, Florida Issues "Flesh-Eating Bacteria" Public Health Warning | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Slams Israel's "Unacceptable" Shelling Of UN Shelters As "Totally Indefensible" | ZeroHedge
- Portugal Plunges To 9-Month Lows, Europe's VIX At 3-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 31 | ZeroHedge
- Another Cliffhanger | iBankCoin.com
- Inside the Market's Mind: Investment’s Hard Problem...and Why It Can’t Be [Quantitatively] Eased | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ALAN GREENSPAN: 'We Are Running Out Of Buffer In The Economy... | Business Insider
- Retailer Removes Mannequin With Visible Ribcage After Customers Complain | Business Insider
- McDonald's Japan Just Rolled Out Tofu McNuggets | Business Insider
- How An Iconic Photo Of Richard Nixon In Russia Was Taken 'By... | Business Insider
- There's A Way To Become An Attorney Without Setting Foot In Law School... | Business Insider
- LIVE: LinkedIn's Q2 Earnings (LNKD) | Business Insider
- ARGENTINE STOCKS CRASH | Business Insider