50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The State of the Dollar Bull Market | Financial Sense
- Wall Street Throws Up On US Steel's "Nightmare On Elm Street" Results | ZeroHedge
- Softer Hard Data Weighs on Stocks | Financial Sense
- Feudalism And The "Algorithmic Economy" | ZeroHedge
- New Snowflake Study Proves Kanye Right: "That Major That She Majored In Don't Make No Money" | ZeroHedge
- Rich People Are Living Longer And It's Going To Cost Taxpayers 'Bigly' | ZeroHedge
- China's First Home Made Aircraft Carrier Is Ready For Launch | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It looks like the end of foreign aid as we know it is... | Business Insider
- Uber just unveiled its ambitious flying taxi plan — but it will have a lot of competition... | Business Insider
- Access an exclusive BI Intelligence report for FREE today | Business Insider
- The retail apocalypse is accelerating | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, DECK, CS,... | Business Insider
- A top NFL prospect reportedly wasn't invited to the draft... | Business Insider
- T-Mobile added more than 1 million subscribers last quarter... | Business Insider