50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Making Taxes Great Again - Trump vs. GOP Proposals | Financial Sense
- Secular Stagnation Theory: Challenge to DeLong, Summers, Bernanke, Krugman, Keen, Pettis, Edwards | Financial Sense
- Trump Was Right: Top NATO General Concedes Alliance Is "Obsolete" | ZeroHedge
- Chelsea Manning Thanks Obama "For Giving Me A Chance" | ZeroHedge
- Target Tumbles After Cutting Guidance, Reports Poor Comps; Drags Wal-Mart Lower | ZeroHedge
- Here's Why America's Drug War Has Been An Epic Failure | ZeroHedge
- A Foreign Nation Did Interfere In A US Election...In 1980 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to experience the Sundance Film Festival like a celebrity | Business Insider
- STOCKS DO NOTHING: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- Antonio Tajani, a former Silvio Berlusconi ally, is the... | Business Insider
- Here's how President Obama starts every morning | Business Insider
- DARPA is demonstrating a robotic co-pilot for planes and helicopters | Business Insider
- This chart shows when robots might take over all trucking jobs | Business Insider
- This graphic shows how out-of-control San Francisco housing prices have gotten | Business Insider