50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dudley Says "We Are A Long Way From Additional QE" | ZeroHedge
- A Winter of Discontent for Russia | Financial Sense
- China & The Return Of The "Yellow Peril" - The Muddled Economics Of Scapegoating | ZeroHedge
- When The FOMC Completely Loses The 'Inflation' Argument | ZeroHedge
- The Best Explanation If Exposed As An Ashley Madison Member... | ZeroHedge
- An Unprecedented Shift in The Oil-Dollar Correlation Regime | ZeroHedge
- Fed Drum Roll | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- STOCKS GO NUTS, DOW GAINS 620: Here's what you need to know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, IWM, GS, BA... | Business Insider
- THE VIRTUAL REALITY CONTENT REPORT: Why... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Man who allegedly stabbed 2, shot officer... | Business Insider
- This 30-year-old is the sole employee of a $1.2 billion fund | Business Insider
- Air guitarists duke it out at Finland world championships... | Business Insider
- 50 Cent is putting his 50,000-square-foot palace back... | Business Insider
- Here's the Chinese factory where Airbus assembles its most popular plane | Business Insider