50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Technical Signaled The Last Two Market Crashes And It Just Happened | ZeroHedge
- Crude Prices Surge as the Pieces Fall Into Place | Financial Sense
- How Should You Handle Your Money? Conveniently Or Safely - There's Always A Trade-off | ZeroHedge
- China Cuts Reserve Ratio Most Since 2008 In Scramble To Preserve Equity Bubble, Boost Economy | ZeroHedge
- Well That Hasn't Happened Before - Exhibit 3 | ZeroHedge
- Direct Evidence For The Supercycle | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Pump'n'Dump After RRR Cut, Retrace Friday's Crash | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Russian deputy prime minister: 'The Arctic is a Russian Mecca' | Business Insider
- Mark Hamill found out the name of the new 'Star Wars'... | Business Insider
- 7 famous founders talk about leaving their own companies | Business Insider
- Look inside a Google project so odd, it's literally called 'Project Loon... | Business Insider
- Apple's new MacBook may sound disappointing, but it's a taste of the future (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Ferrari revived, but Mercedes retain control | Business Insider