50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Highs in Cumulative A/D Is Not Confirmation of a Healthy Market | Financial Sense
- Peak Food, an Introduction | Financial Sense
- Chicago PMI Bounce Is Dead, Crashes Back Near 6 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- The "Revolving Door" Goes Full Retard: SEC Hires Goldmanite Who Previously Worked At The SEC | ZeroHedge
- Friday Humor And Epic Trolling: Joe LaVorgna Says Q1 GDP Actually Rose 1.2% (If Seasonally Adjusted Some More) | ZeroHedge
- The Winship Train Goes Onward | iBankCoin.com
- Easy?! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Instagram hijacker' Richard Prince has another new exhibit and it's... | Business Insider
- Founder of the Silk Road drug marketplace sentenced to life in prison | Business Insider
- Spontaneous sex is a myth — here's how a 'sex schedule' could save... | Business Insider
- Alex Rodriguez is quietly producing for the New York Yankees | Business Insider
- An NYC nightclub doorman unwittingly threw away... | Business Insider
- Samsung is reportedly developing a crazy phone with two screens that you might... | Business Insider
- Apple just gave a huge boost to one of the hottest startups in... | Business Insider