50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Snowden Has A Simple Solution To Get To The Bottom Of The US Afghan Bombing "War Crime" | ZeroHedge
- The US Consumer Is Bigger Than China’s Entire Economy | Financial Sense
- Bernanke's Balderdash | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Is Now The Most Expensive Country In The World | ZeroHedge
- Asia FX Soars On China Reserves Relief As Ringgit Reversal Catches Traders Wrong-Footed | ZeroHedge
- Brazilian Nightmare Continues As Rousseff Suffers Major Setback, Impeachment Looms | ZeroHedge
- Optimistic Narrative for China? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Julian Assange... | Business Insider
- Ex-teammate: Arrested NBA player was giving cash to... | Business Insider
- Rich nations paid $62 bn in climate aid last year | Business Insider
- Chanel just created the swankiest airport we've ever seen | Business Insider
- Clinton plan seeks to crack down on Wall Street abuses | Business Insider
- Ben Carson: Hitler may have been stopped if the German public were armed | Business Insider
- The Latest: Syria launches ground push amid Russian... | Business Insider