50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Gold Really Manipulated? Or, Are You Being Manipulated? | Financial Sense
- A Pledge Of Allegiance For The New Normal America | ZeroHedge
- The Fourth Turning – An Interview With Neil Howe | ZeroHedge
- Do Share Buybacks Create Value? (Spoiler Alert: No) | ZeroHedge
- The Template for the End Game: Lies and Fraud Followed by Bail-Ins | ZeroHedge
- The Greek Bluff In All Its Glory: Presenting The Grexit "Falling Dominoes" | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: The Crash (1932) | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's what the first Blackberry to run on... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Don't expect work-life balance if you want to be rich | Business Insider
- Greek finance minister accuses creditors... | Business Insider
- Federer, Murray target Wimbledon last 16 | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- 14 hacks that will make your visit to Disney World way better | Business Insider