50/200-day MA Crossovers (DD,WM,TWI,POL,MU)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) is currently trading at $50.53. Its 52 week range is between $37.1 and $57.
Waste Management Inc (WM) is currently trading at $34.42. Its 52 week range is between $27.75 and $39.69.
Titan International Inc (TWI) is currently trading at $24.97. Its 52 week range is between $12.97 and $31.42.
Polyone Corp (POL) is currently trading at $14.71. Its 52 week range is $9.54 and $16.61.
Micron Technology Inc (MU) is currently trading at $8.46. Its 52 week range is between $3.97 and $11.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Surges, Gold and Silver Spike as Saudi Arabia Bombs Yemen | ZeroHedge
- INDEUD | iBankCoin.com
- The Genius Expert Problem | iBankCoin.com
- Futures Tumble As Yemen War Starts; Oil, Gold Surges | ZeroHedge
- "Wall of Money" Hitting Market Before 2016-2017 Global Crisis | Financial Sense
- US Services PMI Surges To 6-Month Highs, Decouples From Hard Data Reality | ZeroHedge
- Putin Is Becoming A "Vulture" Bond Investor | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NASA is about to conduct the most complex experiment on the ISS for their... | Business Insider
- AEROTERROR: A regular flight from Caracas to Tehran carried more drugs and... | Business Insider
- Here's what we know about Apple's upcoming Spotify killer | Business Insider
- Bill Ackman says he'll give NYU $1 million if Wall Street lawyer Marty Lipton... | Business Insider
- Apple's latest patent wants to personalize your... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- EU imposes anti-dumping duties on China, Taiwan steel... | Business Insider