Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who's Really Behind The Soft-Coup? Obama-Founded Activist Group Offers Anti-Trump Protest "Guide" | ZeroHedge
- The Art And Pseudoscience Of Monetary Policy | ZeroHedge
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
- Trump Left Saudi Arabia Off His Immigration Ban... Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- "It's Unfair" - Hispanic Workers Upset After Being Fired For Absence On "Day Without Immigrants" | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: Investors Will Soon Realize They Were Too Optimistic | ZeroHedge
- What's Wrong With This Picture? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This fascinating map is the Ottoman Empire’s take on the United States In 1803 | Business Insider
- A high-profile hedge fund sent a letter explaining all the reasons it... | Business Insider
- An investor in Twitter, Slack and Tumblr explains the power of 'goosebumps... | Business Insider
- How I landed a 6-figure job at LinkedIn without a degree | Business Insider
- Trump launches another blistering attack on media while he and chief... | Business Insider
- BAML: Investors around the world are freaking out about Trump's... | Business Insider
- Robo Advisors: Here's how to craft the optimal... | Business Insider