Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- False Confidence Rising In The US | ZeroHedge
- This Country Will Be The Next Zimbabwe... | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 25, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Stocks Close At Recordest Highs Ensuring 'Confident' Black Friday, Despite Macro Massacre | ZeroHedge
- My Worst Day In Three Years | iBankCoin.com
- HAPPY NASDAQS | iBankCoin.com
- WTI Crude Crashes Below $70 For First Time Since June 2010 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- British detective writer P. D. James dies aged 94:... | Business Insider
- Jet-lagged McIlroy in early Australian Open golf hunt | Business Insider
- Alibaba's Opportunities May Spell Trouble for eBay and Amazon | TheStreet.com
- Obama's Middle East Dilemma Is Now Clear | Business Insider
- 20 Must-See Wall Street Movies That Will Make You Wish The Market Was Open Today | Business Insider
- The Independent Newspaper And CNBC Have Been Hacked | Business Insider
- OPEC set for pivotal decision on oil output amount | Business Insider