Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Look Out Troika, Portugal Names Socialist Antonio Costa Prime Minister | ZeroHedge
- Robbery In Progress At Chase Branch On 6th Avenue In Downtown Manhattan | ZeroHedge
- The Republican Party | ZeroHedge
- Ask The Expert - Steve St. Angelo! | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta Fed Slashes Q4 GDP Forecast | ZeroHedge
- Turkish Delight? Post-EU Close Buying Binge Sends Dow, S&P Surging Above Overnight Highs | ZeroHedge
- WTI Holds Losses After DOE Confirms Large Cushing Inventory Build Despite Crude Production Cut | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know in markets today | Business Insider
- Police: Newborn left in Christmas nativity manger at... | Business Insider
- This controversial founder’s supposed email to a VC sounds like... | Business Insider
- Braves add veteran pitcher Bud Norris to young rotation | Business Insider
- A drone captured breathtaking footage of these surfers'... | Business Insider
- Sony employees' hacking suit settlement gets... | Business Insider
- Here's what to do when your boss catches you looking... | Business Insider