Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Doing Channel Checks Into El Pollo Loco | iBankCoin.com
- Macro Weakness Sends Stocks Reeling, All Indices Red Post-MH17 | ZeroHedge
- How The NSA Is Actively Helping Saudi Arabia To Crackdown On Dissent | ZeroHedge
- Argentina Bonds/Currency Tumble As Delegation Snubs Mediation | ZeroHedge
- World Oil Production – Where Are We Headed? | Financial Sense
- Has Fractional-Reserve Banking Really Passed the Market Test? | ZeroHedge
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 12 Bizarre Things Wall Streeters Do To Be Better Traders | Business Insider
- Carl Icahn Just Made $131 Million (FDO, DLTR) | Business Insider
- Chinese Industrial Profits Spike (FXI, EWH) | Business Insider
- Here's What Apple's Murder of Microsoft Might Look Like | TheStreet.com
- 2 Palestinians Were Brutally Beaten By A Jewish Mob In Jerusalem [Report] | Business Insider
- Why Gilead Sciences Stock Is Up Today | TheStreet.com
- Former Yale Professor Says Ivy League Schools Are Churning Out 'Zombies... | Business Insider