Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche Bank: "If The Fed Stick To Their Script Then The Market Could Be In For A Small Shock" | ZeroHedge
- Global QE and the Gold Price | Financial Sense
- The Stunning Difference Between Unionized And Non-Unionized Wages | ZeroHedge
- Chairman Of Joint Chiefs Honors Dead Saudi King With Essay Competition - Here's Our Entry | ZeroHedge
- Another Bailout: FXCM To Forgive 90% Of Its Mostly Foreign "Negative Balance" Customers | ZeroHedge
- Blood (and Snow) on the Street | Financial Sense
- "Prospects For A Home Run In 2015 Aren’t Good" - November Case-Shiller Confirms Ongoing Housing Market Slowdown | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 516 'Brotherhood elements' arrested on Egypt... | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- This Woman Confronted The Man Who Anonymously Harassed Her On The Internet For Years | Business Insider
- India Put On A Spectacular Show For President Obama On Republic Day | Business Insider
- HEDGE FUND MANAGER ODEY WARNS: We've Entered A Downturn That Will Be... | Business Insider
- Obama wraps up India visit with town hall meeting | Business Insider
- The iPhone Helped Apple Make History This Quarter (AAPL) | Business Insider