Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Today Responds To Wahl Public Departure: Just A "Self-Promotional Stunt" | ZeroHedge
- Pipeline to Turkey Intensifies Dispute Over Iraqi Oil | Financial Sense
- Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? | Financial Sense
- A Divergence Among Nasdaq 100 Stocks | Financial Sense
- Due for a Sell Off | iBankCoin.com
- Loophole Makes Hilarious Mockery Of US Crude Oil Export Ban | ZeroHedge
- Has This Chart "Reached A Permanently High Plateau"? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The Founder Of WhatsApp Posted This Unassuming Note In A Forum Five Years Ago | Business Insider
- UBER RIVAL CEO: Uber Is For The Rich, We're For Everyone Else | Business Insider
- The 'Big Hug Mug' On 'True Detective' Is Selling For... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Here's A 10 Second Guide To What Traders Are Chatting About Before The Jobs Report | Business Insider