Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Farage Bashes Tax-Advantaged Hypocritical European Politicians | ZeroHedge
- Seeing Shades of Grey in the Dark Side | iBankCoin.com
- Japanese Bond Market Halted At Open As Bond Selling Purge Goes Global | ZeroHedge
- It's Central Banker Appreciation Day | ZeroHedge
- Hewlett-Packard: Value Trap or the Best Post-Memorial Day Buy? | iBankCoin.com
- Watch The IRS' Lois Lerner Plead The Fifth - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Trade Recap | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- This Chart Shows Why ESPN Is Laying Off Hundreds Of... | Business Insider
- Here's How The Indiana Pacers Can Pull Off An Upset Against The Heat | Business Insider
- When To Break It To The Kids That They're Filthy Rich | Business Insider
- SocGen: There's 'Simply No Growth Recovery' In China | Business Insider
- BOEHNER: It's 'Inconceivable' That Obama Didn't... | Business Insider
- Eurozone Manufacturing Data Comes In Better-Than-Expected, But Still Ugly | Business Insider