Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germany Debates Putting "Troops On Streets" To Protect Against Terrorism | ZeroHedge
- Something "Unexpected" Happened When Seattle Raised The Minimum Wage | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Vol Crashes To 2016 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Buybacks Tank - Will Stocks Follow? | Financial Sense
- Cracking Open a Six-Pack | Financial Sense
- The Search for Yield and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- State Department Urges US Citizens To Leave Gaza "As Soon As Possible" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The Trends Creating New Winners And Losers In The Card... | Business Insider
- A new study should have Coke and Pepsi terrified | Business Insider
- I've used a meditation app loved by Wall Streeters and Olympic athletes daily for the past 8 months, and now I can't... | Business Insider
- Chilling video shows American ISIS hostage Kayla Mueller shortly after she was... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- 11 morning routine tweaks that will make the rest of your... | Business Insider
- Putin has 2 major problems | Business Insider