Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Prominent Politician And Putin Critic Shot To Death In Moscow; "Shocked" John Kerry Urges Russia To Bring Justice | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Survival Depends on Debt Restructuring, Not Growth | Financial Sense
- MeeT JoHNNY JiHaD... | ZeroHedge
- GDP Gives Market No Tail-Wind | Financial Sense
- Most Americans Are Slaves And They Don't Even Know It | ZeroHedge
- STiNKiN BuLLeTS... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NY regulator puts 3 European banks in FX probe | Business Insider
- BREMMER: The outlook for US-Russia... | Business Insider
- Billionaire French industrialist Martin Bouygues dies at... | Business Insider
- China's wild panda population up nearly 17 percent | Business Insider
- The two women behind the viral dress have a plan to turn it into... | Business Insider
- Memorial rally in Moscow for slain Russian opposition... | Business Insider
- Europe's ageing population means negative interest rates... | Business Insider