Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THiS TiMeY DiFFeReNT... | ZeroHedge
- America’s Ballooning Student Debt: Lessons Learned From Chile | Financial Sense
- UMich Consumer Sentiment Tumbles As "Hope" Drops To Lowest Since 2014 | ZeroHedge
- North Dakota Becomes First State To Legalize Drones Weaponized With Tasers, Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets & Sound Cannons | ZeroHedge
- S&P 500 Surges 5.9% - Biggest 2-Day Spike Since Fed Announced QE1 | ZeroHedge
- Why QE4 Is Inevitable | ZeroHedge
- Pending Home Sales Miss, NAR Says Stock Plunge Is Good For Housing Affordability | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik | Business Insider
- Swedish card reader startup iZettle just raised €60 million and... | Business Insider
- Mark Cuban explains why all entrepreneurs need to learn to accept... | Business Insider
- Texas, Mexico get 2nd chances in LLWS title games | Business Insider
- This 30-year-old is the sole employee of a $1.2 billion fund | Business Insider
- Here's the real story behind Martin Luther King Jr.'s greatest moment | Business Insider
- Will Tropical Storm Erika hit Florida? Many factors at... | Business Insider