Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Homeland Security To Restrict West Africa Travelers Entry To America | ZeroHedge
- Big Misses for Retail Sales, NY Manufacturing | Financial Sense
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- NYSE Gives Up Trying To Fix Itself | ZeroHedge
- Oil Tops $83, Gold Over $1255 As Commodities Spike Higher & Riyal Slides To 2009 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 21 | ZeroHedge
- Real Hourly Wages Drop In September, Fail To Rise In 6 Of Past 7 Months | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Autopsy Report Reveals The Cop's Story About What Happened In... | Business Insider
- Nadal crushes Herbert for Basel last-eight place | Business Insider
- EMC Buys Out Its Joint Venture With Cisco | Business Insider
- Boeing profits up on higher commercial deliveries | Business Insider
- Shaky Japanese economy hit by growing trade deficit | Business Insider
- Bayern promised red-hot welcome at Roma | Business Insider
- 13 Things We Just Learned About Conservatives And... | Business Insider