Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond Risk Crashes To 2-Year Lows As VIX Shorts Fold | ZeroHedge
- Stunning University Of Kansas 'Safe Space' Vs. 'Free Speech' Meeting Caught On Tape | ZeroHedge
- Fed Admits It Has No Clue | Financial Sense
- A Force For Good? | ZeroHedge
- Trauma Programming: "Up To Our Eyeballs In Manufactured Strife" | ZeroHedge
- Medical Care Costs Are Skyrocketing! | Financial Sense
- Saudis Offer To Cut Production By 500,000 Barrels: "The Oil Market Situation Is Much More Critical" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The wait for Nintendo's next console is testing the company's most passionate fans | Business Insider
- It's time for car companies to dump large badges | Business Insider
- Germany is expecting a 'golden autumn' | Business Insider
- Here's how Clinton and Trump compare on women's... | Business Insider
- Everyone on Wall Street is talking about the same 2 words | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today (DB, WFC, SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA) | Business Insider
- If Apple built a car, here are the companies it would probably work with (AAPL) | Business Insider