Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Banco Espirito Santo CEO, Who Quit Last Month, Detained In Money Laundering Probe | ZeroHedge
- Back From Lunch | iBankCoin.com
- When Twitter Word Order Goes Badly Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Creation Of S&P 500 ETFs Rises To All Time High | ZeroHedge
- IMF Cuts US GDP From 2.0% To 1.7% As US Retail Sales Forecast Slashed From 4.1% To 3.6%: Winter Blamed | ZeroHedge
- Overnight Manufacturing PMI Euphoria Boosts Futures To Fresh Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, Ukraine's Government Collapses, PM Yatsenyuk Resigns | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Burger King's 33-Year-Old CEO Is Completely Reshaping The Company | Business Insider
- The Horrifying Story Of What Is Happening To Former US Interpreters In Afghanistan | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- In One Tweet, Here's Why Apple Will Be Happy To... | Business Insider
- Immigration Reform Is Actually Happening – Just Not On Capitol Hill | Business Insider
- CHINESE MANUFACTURING BEATS EXPECTATIONS, SURGES TO 18-MONTH HIGH (FXI, EWH) | Business Insider
- What It's Like To Be Part Of New York's Most Renowned Public... | Business Insider