Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here Come The Money Helicopters! | ZeroHedge
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Deal Struck As "Corporate Secrecy" Wins Again | ZeroHedge
- More Pain For Biotechs Ahead: Valeant's "Astronomical" Price Increases Take Center Stage; Pfizer Gets Dragged In | ZeroHedge
- China’s New Infrastructure Bank Wins Grudging Assent From the US and Japan | Financial Sense
- Saudi Arabia Forces The UN To Drop Humanitarian Inquiry Into Yemen Atrocities | ZeroHedge
- "Siryasly" | ZeroHedge
- 10 Reasons Why JPMorgan Is Apocalyptic On The LNG Market | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet Val the bartender: Hillary Clinton does an 'SNL... | Business Insider
- Netanyahu: Israel 'in fight to death against... | Business Insider
- Here's what the Fantasy Football employee... | Business Insider
- Nobel Medicine Prize opens week of awards | Business Insider
- This chart shows where all the world’s energy comes from — and goes | Business Insider
- Republican Gov. John Kasich says he's a 'troublemaker... | Business Insider
- Asian stock markets rise after weak US jobs numbers | Business Insider