Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Stocks Are More Crash-Prone Than Ever," Fleckenstein Slams "Fed's Idiot Policies" | ZeroHedge
- What Is the VIX Fear Index Telling Us Now? | Financial Sense
- Avoid the Clown Show | iBankCoin.com
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Reflecting on my True Calling | iBankCoin.com
- Household Net Worth Hits Record $81.5 Trillion In Q2 Driven By Stock Market Surge | ZeroHedge
- 238 Years Of The (Dis)United Kingdom | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Nassim Taleb And Josh Barro Went At It On Twitter And Things... | Business Insider
- Western militaries scramble to aid Ebola-hit west Africa | Business Insider
- How McDonald's Inadvertently Created A Huge Competitor In Chipotle | Business Insider
- Amazon's New Kindle Fire HDX Tablet Is Lighter And Has A Sharper Screen Than The iPad... | Business Insider
- Amazon Has New Kindle Fire Tablets, And They Start At A Dirt-Cheap $99 (AMZN) | Business Insider
- LARRY ELLISON STEPPING DOWN AS ORACLE CEO (ORCL) | Business Insider
- Dollar Spikes To Highest Level Against Yen Since 2008 (USD, JPY) | Business Insider