Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Payrolls Reaction: Stocks, Bonds, Bullion Bid; Dollar Dump-And-Pump | ZeroHedge
- Greeks Split On Greferendum As Credit Suisse Says "No" Vote Defies "Rationality" | ZeroHedge
- Payrolls Preview: Goldman Expects Jobs Data To Disappoint | ZeroHedge
- The "Smartest Money" Is Liquidating Stocks At A Record Pace: "Selling Everything That’s Not Bolted Down" | ZeroHedge
- China Crash Accelerates, Drags Composite Under 4000; US Futures Flat Ahead Of Nonfarm Payrolls | ZeroHedge
- Europe-US Risk Diverges Most In 13 Years - How Best To Trade The Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Egypt Is On The Edge Of Full Blown Civil War | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 7/2: (... | StreetInsider.com
- How beacons — small, low-cost gadgets — will influence billions... | Business Insider
- 21 Things 'Back To The Future 2' Got Wrong About 2015 | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton's leading opponent just drew a massive, 10,000-person crowd | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- This up-and-coming fitness studio is turning into Soul Cycle's biggest threat | Business Insider
- Diabetes drug helps people lose weight: study | Business Insider