Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Martin Armstrong Warns "This Time Is Very Different" | ZeroHedge
- "They Don't Want To Get Burned Again" - Oil ETF Sees Biggest Outflows In 6 Years | ZeroHedge
- Are Hedge Funds Worth More Than Kindergartens? | Financial Sense
- Virtu Revenue In Peril: Reuters, BATS Launch Crackdown On Algo FX Manipulation | ZeroHedge
- Obama-Style Immigration Reform May Be Dead As DoJ Won't Seek High Court's Help | ZeroHedge
- Global Dynamics Playing Larger Role in Fed Policymaking | Financial Sense
- Greece Slides Back Into Recession As Deposits Hit 11-Year Low | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: A 29-year-old investment banker died after leaping from his Financial... | Business Insider
- This sad chart shows that women are paid less the men in ALL 50 states | Business Insider
- One big reason why Snapchat’s rumored $16 billion valuation makes sense | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Wireless... | Business Insider
- The question that Twitter's CEO asks at every product meeting | Business Insider
- Get ready for Amazon milk and cereal, as company... | Business Insider