Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Make or Break Week: Time to Get to Work | iBankCoin.com
- How Do You Justify Consuming ExxonMobil’s Oil? | Financial Sense
- Two Measures of Inflation | Financial Sense
- David Stockman On 'The QE Follies': Bernanke's Swell Gift To The Big Four Banks | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap April 16, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Earnings On Deck | iBankCoin.com
- FX: Ranges Persist, though Sterling is Exceptional | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Coal Is Powering The Future, And It's Going To Be Terrible For The... | Business Insider
- Why Humans Evolved To Like Alcohol | Business Insider
- SOUTH KOREAN PRESIDENT: Actions Of Sunken Ferry Captain 'Akin To Murder... | Business Insider
- PAYMENTS INSIDER: iBeacons Gain Momentum — Square Sale? — ... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- China's Strangest 'Ghost City' Is Actually... | Business Insider