Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gundlach: "Sell Everything, Nothing Here Looks Good" | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases Hacked DNC Voicemails During Convention Speeches | ZeroHedge
- Signs of Excessive Bullish Sentiment | Financial Sense
- Great Graphic: How the US Recovery Stacks Up | Financial Sense
- Another "Smoking Gun" Looms As Hillary Campaign Admits Server Hacked | ZeroHedge
- How James Altucher and Ramit Sethi Helped Me Earn $50,000+ In The Past 40 Days | Altucher Confidential
- Market Recap Jul 28, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This futuristic NASA ship could reach the edge of the solar system | Business Insider
- Grubhub's stock is up 27% after blowing away Wall Street estimates (GRUB) | Business Insider
- Rumors are flying that ClassPass' CEO is stepping down — here's what's really... | Business Insider
- A new poll says Americans dislike Hillary just as much as Trump | Business Insider
- Here's a trick that could save you from a bad investment | Business Insider
- The Cheesecake Factory is facing a problem every company has to deal... | Business Insider
- A prominent legal scholar gave an interesting analogy for how the case against Rolling Stone may play out | Business Insider