Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- These Two Assets Show Us a Crash is Coming | ZeroHedge
- Cybersecurity Companies in the "Military-Internet Complex" | Financial Sense
- Are You Faster Than A Stock Market Spoofer? | ZeroHedge
- Gold: Year 2007 Again | Financial Sense
- Hey Dick (Fisher) - Explain This | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Greece Expulsion From the Eurosystem Could Be Especially Damaging to the Currency Union | Financial Sense
- It’s K-Cup Time | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- People are already testing how long the Apple Watch can survive underwater (... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- This simple trick lets you record as much Snapchat video as you want | Business Insider
- FINANCIAL ADVISOR INSIGHTS: The author of 'This Time is Different'... | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (GOOG, AMZN, MSFT, CMCSA,... | Business Insider
- Sony offered Daniel Craig $5 million... | Business Insider
- One of YouTube's most viral videos was never supposed to be public in... | Business Insider