Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ten Things I Learned From Tony Hawk | Altucher Confidential
- The First Casualty Is Truth | ZeroHedge
- "Unexpected" Australian Rate Cut To Record Low Unleashes FX Havoc, Global "Risk Off" | ZeroHedge
- Warning: Hawkishness Ahead | Financial Sense
- 15 Warning Signs of Possible Market Top, Recession Next Year | Financial Sense
- After Failed Halliburton Deal, Baker Hughes Unveils "Path For The Future" Including $2.5BN Stock, Bond Buyback | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 2 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Successful people share 10 simple ways to boost your... | Business Insider
- The biggest change in fast food isn't about food — and it should terrify... | Business Insider
- Why is Amazon Video still missing from the Apple TV? (AMZN, AAPL) | Business Insider
- NASA just released the most complete look at Pluto we’... | Business Insider
- The FBI is hunting for a man who poured suspicious liquid on Whole... | Business Insider
- Watch this guy set a Guinness World Record by flying over... | Business Insider
- This photographer’s shots of Chicago's entrepreneurs are a... | Business Insider