Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Spotlight on the Fed | Financial Sense
- Thanks For Asking | iBankCoin.com
- PROPHECY ALERT: “The Fly’s” Predictions for 2015 | iBankCoin.com
- NatGas Crashes Most In 10 Months As Polar Vortex Arrival Delayed | ZeroHedge
- A Word For You to Learn in 2015: SUPER-CONTANGO | iBankCoin.com
- North Korea Warns Of Attacks Against White House, Pentagon And Entire "Cesspool Of Terrorism" That Is America | ZeroHedge
- U.S. vs. Global Shock | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Trick To Understanding New Media: Nobody's In Charge | Business Insider
- Spared the butcher's knife, horses get new... | Business Insider
- Construction to begin on controversial Nicaragua canal | Business Insider
- Jeff Bezos Spends 6 Hours A Year Courting These Investors | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Apple Supplier Responds To Documentary Exposing Brutal... | Business Insider