Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Doomsday Bunkers Of The Rich & Famous: "You Need So Many Things To Ride Out The Apocalypse" | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach: The Biggest Risk to the Current Rally Is Donald Trump | Financial Sense
- Weekly Market Recap Jan 22, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- Here Are The World's 10 Least Affordable Cities Of 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Trader Warns "Trump's First Week Could Keep Markets Busy" - What To Watch | ZeroHedge
- A Trade War Is in No One's Interest | Financial Sense
- US Banks: Higher Rates Vs. Weaker Loan Growth | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This list of every 'Word of the Year' is like taking a trip through time | Business Insider
- A couple who saved $50,000 to travel the world talks earning, spending, and working their... | Business Insider
- Tesla's Autopilot investigation could change the nature of... | Business Insider
- 18 movies you need to know about this year coming out of the Sundance Film Festival... | Business Insider
- The Sean Spicer meme broke through in a way almost no other political meme has | Business Insider
- Rubio decides to support Trump's secretary of state nominee after... | Business Insider
- Trump's first week in office promises to be 'one of the most interesting if... | Business Insider