Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Every One Wants Dollars (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Veteran S&P Futures Trader: "I Am 100% Confident That Central Banks Are Buying S&P Futures" | ZeroHedge
- Credit Markets Signaling Near-Term Caution | Financial Sense
- Global Economies Will Dictate Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- The Breakdown Of International Cooperation | ZeroHedge
- The Unfolding Economic Crisis in Europe | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Anonymous Account Of A UVA Rape Case Is Utterly Heartbreaking | Business Insider
- The New Head Of Cadillac Says It Isn't An... | Business Insider
- Manhattan's New Most Expensive Townhouse Just Hit The Market For $63 Million | Business Insider
- Biden, Erdogan seek to ease narrow differences on Syria | Business Insider
- A Major Long-Term Change In The Labor Market Is Bad News For The US Economy | Business Insider
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Tech Executives | Business Insider
- Suicide blast in Afghan sports field kills 50: official | Business Insider