Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed's Bullard: Raise Rates or Face ‘Devastating’ Bubbles | Financial Sense
- Waiting & Watching | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed's Artificial Steepening Of The Yield Curve | ZeroHedge
- One Month After Austria's Black Swan Shocker, The ECB Quietly Asks Banks to "Detail Their Exposure" | ZeroHedge
- How The Education System Destroys Social Networks | ZeroHedge
- Bonds & Crude Dump, The Dollar & Stocks Jump As Top Houthi Leaders Reportedly Killed | ZeroHedge
- Yemen Ground Invasion By Saudi, Egyptian Troops Imminent | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why the death penalty in America is sexist | Business Insider
- You can watch Premier League football for free with BT's super cheap new... | Business Insider
- Here's the angry memo that Macintosh's original developer sent to Apple... | Business Insider
- Twitter just launched Periscope, its hot new streaming app (TWTR)... | Business Insider
- Telefonica sells O2 to Hutchison Whampoa for £10 bn | Business Insider
- EU imposes anti-dumping duties on China, Taiwan steel... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com