Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Martin Armstrong Rages "Government Is Corrupt & Rotten To The Core" | ZeroHedge
- Initial Jobless Claims Average Nears 40-Year Low | ZeroHedge
- Speak, Switzerland! | Financial Sense
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- Why China’s Slowdown Is Taking a Heavy Toll on Canada | Financial Sense
- GDP Numbers Bear Out Fed Decision | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New Payments Startups Face An Uphill Battle To Disrupt The Credit Card... | Business Insider
- For One Day Only, Uber Will Let You Order A Kitten To Your Office | Business Insider
- Take A Look At The $48 Million Private Jet Tesco Is Selling Amid An Accounting Scandal | Business Insider
- Mesmerizing Photos Of The Lava That's Slowly Swallowing Land On Hawaii's Big Island... | Business Insider
- James Cameron: Virtual Reality 'Is A Yawn' | Business Insider
- Taxi Association President Compares UberX To ISIS Terrorists | Business Insider
- Andy Rubin, Founder Of Android, Is Out Of Google (GOOG) | Business Insider