Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rude Awakening for Those Who Ignored the Energy Markets' Warning Signs | Financial Sense
- BEHOLD! Generosity | iBankCoin.com
- Caught On Tape: The Moment Diver Discovers $1 Million In Gold From 300-Year-Old Spanish Shipwreck | ZeroHedge
- New Lessons Will Be Taught Soon | iBankCoin.com
- One Economic Datapoint, Two Vastly Different Interpretations | ZeroHedge
- Violent Government Buying Spree Sends Chinese Stocks Soaring At Close Of Trading; Yellen On Deck | ZeroHedge
- American Enterprise in a Nutshell | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Malaysia PM replaces deputy, sacks AG amid scandal:... | Business Insider
- TWITTER GETS KILLED (... | Business Insider
- Los Angeles is the US's last hope for an Olympics bid | Business Insider
- US intelligence community report: America's weak response to cyber... | Business Insider
- Pork prices are surging in China | Business Insider
- BRADY FIRES BACK: There is no 'smoking gun' and this controversy is... | Business Insider
- Congress is careening toward another cliff — and there's no clear solution in sight | Business Insider