Golden Crosses in Consumer Discretionary (STON,EXPR,KIRK,ISLE,NWY)
What's a Golden Crossover?
The Golden Cross is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Stonemor Partners L.P. (STON) is currently trading at $25.34. Its 52 week range is between $20.1 and $28.68.
Express Inc (EXPR) is currently trading at $18.43. Its 52 week range is between $10.47 and $26.27.
Kirkland's Inc (KIRK) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $8.26 and $17.42.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc (ISLE) is currently trading at $6.69. Its 52 week range is $4.75 and $7.92.
New York & Company Inc (NWY) is currently trading at $4.46. Its 52 week range is between $2.56 and $4.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is Where Whites In America Are A Minority | ZeroHedge
- WTI Jumps Above $48 After Bigger Than Expected Crude Inventory Draw | ZeroHedge
- UK Police Call Emergency Meetings After Explosion In Hate Crimes After Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Scathing New Report Shows Just How Bankrupt Social Security Really Is | ZeroHedge
- Bill Clinton Holds 'Private' Meeting With Loretta Lynch As FBI Probes Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Odey Makes 21% In Past 2 Days, Nearly Wiping Out Abysmal Start To The Year | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage Batters Obama: "He Came To Britain And Behaved Disgracefully" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 things to do in your 20s to become a millionaire by 30 | Business Insider
- The judge who sentenced the ex-Stanford swimmer to 6 months in jail is... | Business Insider
- BERNANKE: The UK faces years of uncertainty and Brexit is only the beginning | Business Insider
- This music service uses artificial intelligence to help you focus... | Business Insider
- 9 weird psychological reasons someone might fall in love with you | Business Insider
- A common job-interview question about money is a trap, and you should never... | Business Insider
- Budget watchdog group slams both Clinton... | Business Insider