50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why the End of China's “Strong Yuan” Policy Matters to Global Markets | Financial Sense
- Monday Humor: Go 'West' Young Men | ZeroHedge
- Oil Price Collapse Triggers Currency Crisis in Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- Dow Futures Plunge 200 Points As Oil Drops 4% Ahead Of China PMI | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia's Stock Market Just Logged Its Worst Month Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Rages "Blame The Fed, Not China" For The Stock Market Crash | ZeroHedge
- Malaysia Bans The Color Yellow As Protests Swell Into The Hundreds Of Thousands | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donald Trump may be dooming the GOP with a 10%... | Business Insider
- The weekend is over, and we're tumbling again (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- An old Apple patent reveals how its new TV remote will probably work (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Trump's idea for mass deportation similar to 1930s... | Business Insider
- A racial gap in kidney transplants closes but work remains... | Business Insider
- Right now Buzz Aldrin may be our best hope of colonizing Mars | Business Insider