50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Exit the Dragon – China’s Debt Is Everyone’s Problem | Financial Sense
- Meanwhile, Traders Are Getting Angrier With Every Passing Day | ZeroHedge
- "Sell In May" ... And June | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap May 2, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- "Unexpected" Australian Rate Cut To Record Low Unleashes FX Havoc, Global "Risk Off" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Leads Clinton In Latest Poll As Cruz Suffers 'Death Cross' | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Foreign Minister Repeats Warning To US Over Sept 11 Law | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Space Jam 2' starring LeBron James is officially happening | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' star says 'sorry' for lying... | Business Insider
- Assad reportedly struck an ominous deal with ISIS to recapture Palmyra | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Toddlers have shot 23 people in the US already this year | Business Insider
- John Oliver catches up the cicadas with what's happened in the last 17 years | Business Insider
- We’re probably not alone in the universe | Business Insider