50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- AVeRAGe WeeKLY WoRKiNG HouRS IN EuRoPe... | ZeroHedge
- Panic: China Central Bank Steps In To Bailout Stocks As Underwater Traders Pray For A Rebound | ZeroHedge
- The Template for the End Game: Lies and Fraud Followed by Bail-Ins | ZeroHedge
- Greece Deal, ADP Cheer Markets | Financial Sense
- BitGold Now Available in US! Why BitGold? | Financial Sense
- China "Crosses Rubicon" With Stock Bailout; BofA Says PBoC Risks "Hurting Its Credibility" | ZeroHedge
- A Beginning but No End | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A dangerous group has claimed credit for hacking an Italian... | Business Insider
- The one crucial reason Apple Music and Spotify can... | Business Insider
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner describes 3 qualities that make a great leader... | Business Insider
- Netanyahu unloads: The Iran deal is worse than North Korea | Business Insider
- Euro drops against dollar after Greek referendum... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com