50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Varoufakis' Father Defends His Son After EU Praises "Significant Progress" Without Finance Minister | ZeroHedge
- Endangered Species: The Self-Employed Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- Why The Powers That Be Are Pushing A Cashless Society | ZeroHedge
- Leaking Las Vegas: Forced Rationing Looms As Lake Mead Faces Federal "Water Emergency" | ZeroHedge
- Economy Tied in a Spending Knot | Financial Sense
- The War On Cash: Australia Leads The New Age Of Economic Totalitarianism | ZeroHedge
- Key Signals That Oil Prices Are on the Up | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the biggest problem people have when they start meditating | Business Insider
- Mourinho steels Chelsea for challenges ahead | Business Insider
- Check out the world's first luxury yacht designed specifically for women | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Eurozone raises growth outlook for 2015 to 1.5 percent | Business Insider
- Kid who got into every Ivy League university is turning them all... | Business Insider
- This British tech company takes its entire... | Business Insider