50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- If Varoufakis Is Charged With Treason, Then Dijsselbloem Should Be As Well | ZeroHedge
- "It Depends On What The Meaning Of The Word "Some" Is": Goldman Says Don'tt Read Too Much Into Fed Statement | ZeroHedge
- Biotech Slide Sends Nasdaq, Small Caps Reeling | ZeroHedge
- Softness in Q2, Financials Better | Financial Sense
- Is the Tide Turning? | Financial Sense
- Third Bailout Generates New Political Division in Greece | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: The Moment Diver Discovers $1 Million In Gold From 300-Year-Old Spanish Shipwreck | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What 12 highly successful people eat for breakfast | Business Insider
- Businesses will love these 8 new features in Windows 10, but there's a... | Business Insider
- Why you might have to wait for your Windows 10 upgrade — and how to get it right now if... | Business Insider
- Meet the intern who has been named CEO of a 5,000-person company... | Business Insider
- Congress is careening toward another cliff — and there's no clear solution in sight | Business Insider
- The lynch pin of Obama's Asia pivot is about to... | Business Insider
- China artist Ai Weiwei says Britain restricted his visa | Business Insider