50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Two Measures of Inflation | Financial Sense
- Late-Cycle Leaders: Please Do Look at Them in a Vacuum | iBankCoin.com
- UKRaiNiaN WTF! | ZeroHedge
- Mortgage Standards Are Plunging – It’s Muppet Fleecing Time All Over Again | ZeroHedge
- WTF Headline Of The Day: Tax-Cheating IRS Staff Got Bonuses | ZeroHedge
- David Stockman Blasts "America's Housing Fiasco Is On You, Alan Greenspan" | ZeroHedge
- Top Energy Performers | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Yum Shares Rally After Earnings (YUM) | Business Insider
- You Won't Want To Miss IGNITION: Future Of Marketing This June | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Runner's Tweets At Nearly Every Mile Of The Boston Marathon Brought Readers... | Business Insider
- Brooklyn Borough President Has A Basketball Proposition... | Business Insider
- How Chipotle Is Making Service Even Faster | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com