50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Time To End Monetary Central Planning | ZeroHedge
- GOP Chaos: Boehner's Chosen Successor Kevin McCarthy Pulls Out Of Speaker Race | ZeroHedge
- China’s Forex Reserves Drop Most on Record: What Does It Mean? | Financial Sense
- John Boehner To Stay On As Speaker After All, Fox Reports | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Russian Warships Launch 26 Cruise Missiles At ISIS Targets | ZeroHedge
- Day After Deutsche Bank Admits Not All Is Well, Swiss Giant Credit Suisse Also Admits It Needs More Cash | ZeroHedge
- The US Government Just Crossed The Rubicon | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This booming pizza chain just poached LeBron James from McDonald's | Business Insider
- Fiat Chrysler, UAW bargaining as strike threat looms | Business Insider
- Stephen Hawking said we should be careful of AI, but his biggest mystery is women | Business Insider
- Central banks need to be 'courageous... | Business Insider
- Vote: Councilman to become Memphis' 1st white mayor... | Business Insider
- Bale vows to lead Wales to Euro 2016 finals | Business Insider
- Syrian militant group recasts itself as moderate option | Business Insider