50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Has the 2014-2016 Crisis Window Been Delayed? | Financial Sense
- Ebola Suspect Tested In California: Statements From Kaiser Permanente And Dept Of Public Health | ZeroHedge
- "A Random Straight Line On Wall Street" | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Beheads Captured American Journalist, Threatens To Kill Another | ZeroHedge
- Futures Levitate To Fresh Record Highs On Just Right Mix Of Bad News | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of President Obama's Urgent Matters In Washington | ZeroHedge
- US Attempted To Rescue James Foley, Other ISIS Hostages, Failed Because "Hostages Were Not Present" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Target's Canadian Expansion Is Still Draining Profits | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Market... | StreetInsider.com
- Jim Cramer's Stop Trading: Don't Worry About Gilead Sciences | TheStreet.com
- The 10 Best New Restaurants In America | Business Insider
- Reasons to Sell Google, Wells Fargo, Tibco, LKQ, SL Green Realty Now | TheStreet.com
- Here's The Law That Might Protect The Missouri Cop Who Shot... | Business Insider