50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Payrolls Up 175K, Jobless Rate Climbs to 6.7% | Financial Sense
- Earnings Season in the Rearview Mirror | Financial Sense
- Prem Watsa's 9 Observations Why There Is A "Monstrous Real Estate Bubble In China Which Could Burst Anytime" | ZeroHedge
- Higher Inflation Expectations May Start With Breakfast | Financial Sense
- Russian Troops Open Fire In Crimea, Reuters Reports As Kerry Delays Russia Visit | ZeroHedge
- The Five Elements to Understanding the Truth About Everything | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of Japan Disappoints | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sheryl Sandberg Enlisted Beyoncé For A 'Lean In'... | Business Insider
- Copper Is Getting Smoked After Bad Chinese Data | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- There's A Camera App For Android That Secretly Signs You Up For A Paid... | Business Insider
- Barry Bonds Sells His Lavish 17,000-Square-Foot Compound For $22 Million | Business Insider
- There's A Major Software Update For Your iPhone You Need To Get Right Now | Business Insider
- Flight Technology Now Draws Inspiration From Jellyfish | Business Insider