50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Long Can U.S. Production Survive Low Oil Prices? | Financial Sense
- Moving to a Different State May Significantly Improve Your Retirement Goals | Financial Sense
- What Rout? Stocks Have Best Day In A Year | ZeroHedge
- CIA Warned Obama that Funding Rebels Doesn’t Work … But Obama Decided to Fund Syrian Rebels ANYWAY For Cynical Political Gain | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Green Despite Big Blue; Greenback & Black Gold Red | ZeroHedge
- Guess Who Wasn't Shorting Treasurys | ZeroHedge
- No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hong Kong's Leader Says That Poor People Would Ruin A Free... | Business Insider
- Audi A3 Diesel Could Be Ultimate Road-Trip Champion at 63 MPG | TheStreet.com
- This Is Where Bugatti Built The World's Fastest Cars | Business Insider
- Why Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh Sits At The Same Size Desk As His... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Investors Are Eyeing to Buy Reebok From Adidas For $2 billion... | Business Insider