50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is This Why The Market Just Turned Green? | ZeroHedge
- The Case for a Bull or Bear Market in Two Charts | Financial Sense
- Sunday Matinee at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- 2 Year Paper Prices At Highest Yield Since May 2011; Directs Tumble, Dealers Surge | ZeroHedge
- LOCO IPO Soars To Insane 20x EBITDA Multiple | ZeroHedge
- Like Dripping Silver Icicles | Financial Sense
- Apocalypse Preview: Chinese River Turns Blood-Red | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung Plans To Hire 'Like Crazy’ In Silicon Valley To Find The ‘Next Big Thing... | Business Insider
- Formula One Drivers Do Insanely Specific Exercises To Keep Death At Bay | Business Insider
- Brilliant Management Advice From LinkedIn's Billionaire... | Business Insider
- Here's How Vincenzo Nibali Won The Tour De France | Business Insider
- Peter Jackson Walked Through San Diego Comic-Con As A Jester And No One... | Business Insider
- ESPN Host Apologizes For Suggesting Women Provoke... | Business Insider
- Multiple News Sites Publish Corrections After Falling For Fake Story... | Business Insider