50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chairman Of Joint Chiefs Honors Dead Saudi King With Essay Competition - Here's Our Entry | ZeroHedge
- ALL SINNERS WILL BE PURIFIED | iBankCoin.com
- Chinese Yuan Strengthens As Industrial Profits Plunge By Most On Record | ZeroHedge
- Greek Bonds Battered As Dip-Buyers Rescue Greek Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Despite What You Don't Hear In The Media, It's ALL OUT (Currency) WAR! Pt. 1 | ZeroHedge
- Ekloges 2015: Greece Votes In Historic For Europe Election | ZeroHedge
- Greece's New Leader Sends Germany A Loud Message With His First Act | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russian Oil Giant Rosneft To Issue $6.1 Billion Of... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Disturbing Video Recreates A Real School Fight With Adults And The Result Is... | Business Insider
- Business Insider Is Hiring An Operations Associate | Business Insider
- TheStreet Provides Free Access to Jim Cramer’s Premium Services | TheStreet.com
- The Amount Americans Are Driving Hasn't Surged Like This In 10 Years (... | Business Insider
- Watch Incredible Footage Of Explorers Descending Into An Active Volcano | Business Insider