50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- A Feast of Data This Week | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Did They Want More Violence In Ferguson? 10 'Coincidences' Too Glaring To Ignore | ZeroHedge
- Texas Tea & Treasury Yields Tumble As Trannies Top The Day | ZeroHedge
- Gold “Price” Spikes to $1,467.50/oz on Computer Glitch? | ZeroHedge
- Notes on Russia | Financial Sense
- JuSTiCe AMeRiCaN STYLe... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Stop People From Being Able To See That You Read Their Facebook... | Business Insider
- Sometimes, A Veteran Advisor With A Ton Of Business Will Just Leave For A Rival... | Business Insider
- Here's How US Newspaper Front Pages Are Covering Ferguson,... | Business Insider
- ROBERT SHILLER: 'I'm Still In The Market' (DIA, SPY, QQQ... | Business Insider
- Police Cars, A Walgreens, And A Little Caesar's All Go Up In Flames In... | Business Insider
- Science-Based Hacks For Making Your Thanksgiving Meal Perfect | Business Insider
- Forget Wall Street -- These Chicago Exchange Guys Know How to Party | TheStreet.com