50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- They Sow The Cyclone - We Reap The Blowback | ZeroHedge
- The Future Of Cannabis | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Nov 25, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- China Plunges Most In Three Months, Pushing "Black Friday" Into The Red For Global Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Rise; US Traders Gives Thanks For Higher Equity Futures | ZeroHedge
- Sweden Warns Of Dire "Consequences" From Massive Housing Bubble, Heavily Indebted Households | ZeroHedge
- As If The French Did Not Have Enough Problems | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Guy V. Lewis, coach of Phi Slama Jama teams, dies at 93 | Business Insider
- Spurs a title threat, admits Chelsea boss Mourinho | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to sit down for a family meal in Cuba | Business Insider
- How would a President Trump govern? | Business Insider
- The Latest: Pope Francis greeted by thousands in Nairobi | Business Insider
- 3 million people expected to attend NYC Thanksgiving... | Business Insider
- Wall Street's smartest say these are the most important charts in the world (DIA... | Business Insider