50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Join Three Pro Traders for a Live Education Session Monday Night! | FundMyMutualFund
- Futures Continue Rising As Illiquid Market Anticipates More Volatility In Today's Quad-Witching | ZeroHedge
- What Are Technical Indicators Saying About the Market? | Financial Sense
- The Stock 'Market' Just Broke Another Intriguing Record | ZeroHedge
- U.S. vs. Global Shock | Financial Sense
- U.S. in a Sweet Spot! | Financial Sense
- Weekday Wrap-Up: No Hyperinflation, Years of Low Oil Prices, and a Bubble in Stocks | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pakistan slammed for resuming executions after... | Business Insider
- 9 Great Headphones And Sound Systems That Will Arrive By Christmas Eve | Business Insider
- Check Out These 23 Awesome Photos From The Berlin Air Show | Business Insider
- This Is The Best Art Project Ever Created | Business Insider
- There's Now A Site That Helps People Find A Place To Stay While They Rent Their Place Out On... | Business Insider
- 26 Thoughtful Holiday Gifts Your Boss Will Love | Business Insider
- JPMorgan Is Wall Street Analysts' Favorite Bank Stock for 2015 | TheStreet.com