50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It's Official: Verizon To Acquire Yahoo Core Assets For $4.8 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Our Monetary System Favors The Rich & Hurts The Poor | ZeroHedge
- Leaked Emails Confirm DNC Officials Planned Anti-Trump Protests | ZeroHedge
- Snowden Explains How To Get To The Bottom Of "Who Hacked The Democrats" | ZeroHedge
- DeBoRaH WaSSeRMaN SCHuLTZ... | ZeroHedge
- Oil Rally Hopes Crushed as Inventories Hit All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Why We're Ungovernable: Debt & The Sudden Outbreak Of Utter Insanity | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chris Froome just won a wild Tour de France — here are the 6 most unforgettable... | Business Insider
- Why you feel like you’re falling when you go to sleep | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Credit cards are going the way of fax machines | Business Insider
- The Native Ad Report: Revenue forecasts and top drivers | Business Insider
- One of Steve Jobs' former executives is now leading the Apple Car project (... | Business Insider
- The $6 trillion opportunity in the IoT | Business Insider