50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Despite Late-Day Buying Panic, Stocks Close Red | ZeroHedge
- The Oil Head-Fake: The Illusion that Lower Oil Prices Are Positive | ZeroHedge
- How Much Further Can Gold Fall? | Financial Sense
- Last Stand Hill | iBankCoin.com
- The Goldman Tapes And Why The Delusion Of Macro-Prudential Regulation Means The Next Crash Is Nigh | ZeroHedge
- Carl Icahn Wins Again: eBay To Spin Off PayPal, CEO John Donahoe Is Out | ZeroHedge
- Bank CEOs are the New Drug Lords | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- If Michigan Wants To Fire Its Football Coach, It Will Cost Millions | Business Insider
- This Woman's Revolutionary Idea Made Her A Billionaire — And... | Business Insider
- How To Run 10,000 Simulations In Excel At Once | Business Insider
- How David Fincher Turned Pulpy 'Gone Girl' Into A Work Of Art | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- The Math Behind McDonald's Monopoly Sweepstakes Shows The Only Properties... | Business Insider