50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Homeownership Among US Millennials At All Time Low | ZeroHedge
- The US Dollar and Stock Market Could Spike Higher Under Trump’s Tax Plan | Financial Sense
- ISIS Apologized To Israel For Attacking IDF Soldiers | ZeroHedge
- Global Reflation Trade In Trouble: Chinese Economic Data Plunges To 6-Month Lows As New Orders Dry Up | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns The Gap Between Stock Investors' Hopes & Reality Is Close To An All-Time High | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Machine-Gun Wielding Robots And 'HyperSubs' Of Modern Warfare | ZeroHedge
- Companies Bracing for Disappointment, Zatlin Says | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A new drug to treat lung cancer just got approved (TKPYY) | Business Insider
- Elon Musk: Tesla's semitruck can be driven around '... | Business Insider
- Novo Nordisk has been accused of engaging in a 'white coat marketing scheme... | Business Insider
- There were ominous signs the disastrous supermodel-backed Fyre Festival was doomed weeks... | Business Insider
- 'Silicon Valley' star Thomas... | Business Insider
- 5 signs you're in a toxic job without even realizing it | Business Insider
- This ingenious illustration reveals how much space we give to cars | Business Insider