50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: October 24 | ZeroHedge
- Spanish Tenants Wake Up To The Horror Of A Wall Street Landlord | ZeroHedge
- The Investing World In 10 Objects | ZeroHedge
- George Soros Slams Putin, Warns Of "Existential Threat" From Russia, Demands $20 Billion From IMF In "Russia War Effort" | ZeroHedge
- Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss | Financial Sense
- Neither the US Nor China Will be an Engine For Global Growth Next Year | ZeroHedge
- Banker Suicides Return: DSK's Hedge Fund Partner Jumps From 23rd Floor Apartment | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lebanon army attacks gunmen in historic Tripoli market | Business Insider
- The First 'Batman V Superman' Trailer Could Be Coming Soon | Business Insider
- 15 Must-Have Apps For Your New iPad (APPL) | Business Insider
- Apple Will Find Jobs For Employees At Its Bankrupt Supplier (... | Business Insider
- Qatar Airways Will Fly First Airbus A350 Into the Heart of Europe | TheStreet.com
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- The US Just Significantly Escalated Its Airstrike Campaign Against ISIS In Iraq | Business Insider