50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Portugal Banks Warn European Leaders: "You Can't Keep Playing With Fire" | ZeroHedge
- Germany Fires Live Ammo In Sino-European Trade War ... At Brussels | ZeroHedge
- This is Not Your Ordinary Internets | iBankCoin.com
- Two Issues for the Fed: When and How | ZeroHedge
- Key Events And Market Issues In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Shorts Are Firmly in the Vise | iBankCoin.com
- Let Me Bring You Up to Speed | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Astronaut Chris Hadfield Did Some Pretty Weird Stuff To Get Attention In Space | Business Insider
- The Mobile Payment Wars Between eBay, Google, And Square Heat Up Again | Business Insider
- Apple's Tax-Dodging Techniques Do Indeed Sound Quite Spectacular | Business Insider
- Everything We Know About The Next Xbox (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Apple Is About To Get A Deep Integration With Flickr, Which Is Going To Be Awesome... | Business Insider
- EXPERT: 'Desperate Anger' Is Driving The Rise In Anti-Gay Hatred | Business Insider
- The 20 Most Valuable Brands In The World | Business Insider