50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Rise Of An Investing Legend: Mikael Syding | ZeroHedge
- "The British Woke Up!" Paul Craig Roberts Asks "Can The Americans?" | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed State Coincident Index Declines to Multi-Year Lows | Financial Sense
- Goldman Warns Of Downside Risk To $50 Oil Forecast Due To Ceasefire With Niger Delta Avengers | ZeroHedge
- Did Brexit Kill the Oil Price Rally? | Financial Sense
- European Parliament Plans To Remove English As An Official Language | ZeroHedge
- One Trick For Getting Life More Simple | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's shrinking middle class is killing the economy | Business Insider
- Facebook wants to expand its campus into a sleek public village (FB) | Business Insider
- China's first modern jetliner has finally entered airline... | Business Insider
- Nintendo may be working on virtual reality after all | Business Insider
- 50 companies business students dream of working for | Business Insider
- 10 things JK Rowling just revealed about Ilvermorny,... | Business Insider
- The F-35 isn’t the first time the Pentagon has tried to make one airplane for 3... | Business Insider