50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Soros Emerges As Mastermind Behind Plan To "Enlarge Electorate By At Least 10 Million Voters" | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 23, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Bond Market Gives Its Verdict On Yellen's Jackson Hole Speech With Stellar 2 Year Auction | ZeroHedge
- Investors Panic-Buy Saudi Default Protection Ahead Of Big Debt Deal | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- Jeff Gundlach Explains Why He Is Now "100% Net Short" | ZeroHedge
- Andrew Scott: How Increasing Lifespans Affect Our Investments | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How we ranked the best colleges in America | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- A massive T-Rex skull was just unearthed in Montana | Business Insider
- The unbelievable life of the forgotten genius who turned Americans... | Business Insider
- Here's what happens to your brain when you do an activity over and over again | Business Insider
- There's a 2,000-person wait list for these $125 leggings | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's new app encourages supporters to donate and earn badges like... | Business Insider