50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Art Market Bubble Bursting - Gauguin Collapses 74% To $22 Million | ZeroHedge
- BOA: Investors Are Dumping Stocks | Financial Sense
- Plot Holes - The Michael Flynn Affair | ZeroHedge
- You Can’t Make the Fed Better Just by Hiring Different People | ZeroHedge
- Gold Stumbles, Dollar Strengthens as Market Prices in March Rate Hike | Financial Sense
- What To Watch For In President Trump's Address To Congress | ZeroHedge
- Female Engineer Sues Tesla For Sexual Harassment | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why sales of McDonald's Filet-o-Fish sandwiches could... | Business Insider
- Target tumbles 13% after missing on earnings and guidance (TGT) | Business Insider
- Marvel just dropped the latest trailer for 'Guardians of the... | Business Insider
- Senate confirms billionaire investor Wilbur Ross as commerce secretary | Business Insider
- Everything the Queen eats and drinks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner | Business Insider
- 10 steps to starting a side business while you have a full... | Business Insider
- Hershey is cutting 15% of its workforce (HSY) | Business Insider