50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Financial Times Editorial Seeks Restrictions on Free Speech to Stop False News “Propaganda War” | Financial Sense
- Trump Has 6 Goldman Appointees- Swamp Drains You | ZeroHedge
- The (Highly Speculative) Path to $10,000 Bitcoin | Financial Sense
- "They Are The Opposition Party" - Trump May Evict Press From The White House | ZeroHedge
- As Wall Street Tries To Trade On Trump's Tweets, Problems Emerge | ZeroHedge
- “Total Fiasco, Utter Circus!” Cried The CIO Asking "What's The Next Big Trade?" | ZeroHedge
- Guess What Term Is Suddenly Surging On Pornhub | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'The market will correctly judge... | Business Insider
- This monster machine that splits trees is incredibly satisfying to watch | Business Insider
- A sleep doctor reveals why melatonin isn't a sustainable, or safer... | Business Insider
- Tesla is taking a huge risk with the Model 3 — and it may not pay off (... | Business Insider
- I played Nintendo's new game console, the Switch — this is what it's like | Business Insider
- 5 things Google's Pixel phone can do that the... | Business Insider
- Germany to the US after Trump remarks: 'Build better... | Business Insider