50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap April 17, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- How Do You Justify Consuming ExxonMobil’s Oil? | Financial Sense
- The Secret World Of Gold | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Tanks Stopped By Unarmed Woman | ZeroHedge
- David Stockman On 'The QE Follies': Bernanke's Swell Gift To The Big Four Banks | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Night at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- Reports Are Not Yet Confirming Slowdown Was All Weather Related | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- [CHART] E-Commerce Led VC-Backed Tech Exits Last Year | Business Insider
- 2 Tips For Writing An 'Absolutely Brilliant' Resume | Business Insider
- This Simple Infographic Will Help You Decide Between A Roth And Traditional IRA | Business Insider
- Why You Should Plug Into General Electric | TheStreet.com
- RICHARD RUSSELL: Let Me Tell You About The Greatest Career Mistake My Father Ever Made | Business Insider
- The Simple Reason Why Steroid Testing Isn't Completely To Blame For The Lack Of Scoring... | Business Insider
- The 25 Best Neighborhoods For Young People | Business Insider