50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did The Bottom Just Fall Out Of Commodities? | ZeroHedge
- When It Comes To Net Worth, This Is The Main Difference Between China And The US | ZeroHedge
- FREE SCOTLAND | iBankCoin.com
- Quantitative Proof The Fed Is Destroying The Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- PBoC Joins Other Major Central Banks With Unconventional Monetary Policy Action | Financial Sense
- White House Explains Where Your $1.3 Billion Went In Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- Can the Economy Withstand Another Housing Breakdown? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Polls open in Scottish independence vote | Business Insider
- Oracle Billionaire Larry Ellison Is Down $1.8 Billion From A Symbolic Gesture (ORCL) | Business Insider
- A Man Has Invented A One-Piece Suit, And It Actually Looks Fantastic | Business Insider
- China's Special Forces In Hong Kong Go Through A Ridiculous Training Regimen... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 9/... | StreetInsider.com
- I Checked Out An Aston Martin, Maserati... | Business Insider
- Bitcoin, Not Apple Pay, Solves Two Of The Biggest Problems Merchants Face When... | Business Insider