50/200-day MA Crossovers for Monday (SPW,URS,LII,MRTN,RRTS)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
SPX Corp (SPW) is currently trading at $76.17. Its 52 week range is between $40.66 and $87.13.
Urs Corp (URS) is currently trading at $43.46. Its 52 week range is between $27.93 and $48.32.
Lennox International Inc (LII) is currently trading at $39.58. Its 52 week range is between $24.37 and $54.1.
Marten Transport Ltd (MRTN) is currently trading at $22.44. Its 52 week range is $15.9 and $23.32.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) is currently trading at $17.33. Its 52 week range is between $12.48 and $17.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stall Speed Economy – Get Used to It | Financial Sense
- OBAMAS MaSSiVe FiGHT WiTH WaLL STReeT... | ZeroHedge
- In Unprecedented Move, California Farmers With Guaranteed Rights Cut Water Use By 25% | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Warns "Rate Hikes Appropriate This Year", Blames "Snowy Winter" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- China's Tulipmania Full Frontal: Shenzhen's Parabolic Stocks Just Hit 67x P/E | ZeroHedge
- Sell in May and Go Away? | Financial Sense
- It Begins: US May Send "Target Spotters" To Iraq To Counter ISIS "Offensive" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 29 pictures of Marine drill instructors... | Business Insider
- The 2nd-best boxer in the world is getting closer to the biggest fight of his career... | Business Insider
- 'THE CIA DOESN'T... | Business Insider
- This $1 billion Swedish payment company thinks it can save... | Business Insider
- The next Porsche 911 will be a plug-in hybrid | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- International cricket returns to Pakistan | Business Insider