Bio-Tech Covered Calls (CLSN,PPHM,KERX,ISIS,SRPT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||2.33||2.5||0.4||17.20%||February 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.97||3||0.5||15.20%||February 2013|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.9||12||1.1||9.20%||February 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||28.3||29||2.6||9.00%||February 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.38||9||0.5||6.30%||February 2013|
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $2.33. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.97. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $11.92. Its 52 week range is between $7.02 and $15.61.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $28.28. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.38. Its 52 week range is between $6.52 and $15.96.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Zombie Economy Soon to Have its Zombie Epocalypse | ZeroHedge
- Mad About Rigged Elections? Mainstream Media Says "You" Are The Problem | ZeroHedge
- These Are The Ten Companies That Have Cut The Most Jobs In 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Slides After Mortgage Probe Unveiled; Admission It Rigged Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Plunge in Online Job Postings Raises Red Flag | Financial Sense
- On Krugman’s Cherry-Picking Skills – Exhibit 1: The Clinton Boom | ZeroHedge
- Delinquency Rates Surge in 2016, Poised to Head Higher | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A world champion public speaker says introverts often... | Business Insider
- Drones are about to fill the skies within the next 5 years... | Business Insider
- 5 signs you're going to be extraordinarily successful | Business Insider
- The 7 grilling accessories you need this summer | Business Insider
- There may be a counterintuitive origin to human intelligence | Business Insider
- A Swedish city is experimenting with a 6-hour workday — and the results are... | Business Insider
- Fully understand the IoT with this report | Business Insider