Bio-Tech Covered Calls (CLSN,PPHM,KERX,ISIS,SRPT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||2.33||2.5||0.4||17.20%||February 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.97||3||0.5||15.20%||February 2013|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.9||12||1.1||9.20%||February 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||28.3||29||2.6||9.00%||February 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.38||9||0.5||6.30%||February 2013|
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $2.33. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.97. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $11.92. Its 52 week range is between $7.02 and $15.61.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $28.28. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.38. Its 52 week range is between $6.52 and $15.96.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Paranoia Alert: The Trump Trap Has Been Laid | ZeroHedge
- What Has Gone Wrong With Oil Prices, Debt, & GDP Growth? | ZeroHedge
- Moody's Cuts Italy Ratings Outlook To Negative | ZeroHedge
- Stocks And Volatility Indices Both Jump - Who's Right? | ZeroHedge
- December Macro Update: Employment Growth Is Decelerating | Financial Sense
- Bullion Banking: Part I - The Mechanics and the Players | ZeroHedge
- Carrier & The Broken Window Narrative | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- German regulators are investigating whether Porsche may have been involved in... | Business Insider
- Apple Music is gaining steam, but it can't catch Spotify (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Major League Baseball has more $... | Business Insider
- New exam results may support Trump's claim that some American... | Business Insider
- The SEC might be about to wade into a war between Wall Street... | Business Insider
- Scary hit in Devils-Canucks game that resulted in a brawl over a player... | Business Insider
- The Philippines' president gave a profanity-... | Business Insider