Bio-Tech Covered Calls (CLSN,PPHM,KERX,ISIS,SRPT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||2.33||2.5||0.4||17.20%||February 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.97||3||0.5||15.20%||February 2013|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.9||12||1.1||9.20%||February 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||28.3||29||2.6||9.00%||February 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.38||9||0.5||6.30%||February 2013|
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $2.33. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.97. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $11.92. Its 52 week range is between $7.02 and $15.61.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $28.28. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.38. Its 52 week range is between $6.52 and $15.96.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Tops $1200 For First Time Since June | ZeroHedge
- Is Deutsche Bank Signaling A New Banking Crisis? | ZeroHedge
- deFANG'd | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan and Oil Detracting Market's Focus from Weak GDP Report | Financial Sense
- Lakshman on US Slowdown, Shocks, and China | Financial Sense
- Krinsky on Stock Market: Primary Trend Has Shifted to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Worth Wray on the Single Most Dangerous Catalyst for a Global Financial Crisis | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Voter confronts Donald Trump: Could my daughters 'look up to a... | Business Insider
- The Pirate Bay now lets you stream movies like... | Business Insider
- Brazil roars ahead with Carnival despite troubling Zika... | Business Insider
- Here's what publishers are doing to keep up with... | Business Insider
- This year's Super Bowl was one of the most-watched ever | Business Insider
- Cam Newton is now the best football player on the planet, and the NFL... | Business Insider
- This is the internet's favorite wireless mouse | Business Insider