5 Bankable Stock Picks for 2013 thru 2014
Since we all have short attention spans, we will cut right to the chase. The five stock picks we are endorsing for 2013 and beyond are Verifone Systems Inc. (PAY), Take-Two Interactive (TTWO), Leap Wireless (LEAP), and McDonald's Corp. (MCD).
Verifone (PAY) we talked up in 3 Stock Trends for 2014. Since our recommendation PAY has moved up 23%. Thus far in 2013 Verifone shares are up 20%. Verifone shares are up 2% today to $35.70. Revisit our article and learn more about this electronic payment solutions leader. Barron's has faith in Verifone as well, read why they believe this stock is going to have a stellar 2013.
We've talked up Take-Two (TTWO) enough and our thesis remains the same as it was in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback. GTA V on the horizon, Bioshock Infinite coming in March, and anything Carl Icahn can muster up. Take-Two shares are trading in the high $12 range today.
Leap Wireless (LEAP) we believe could be a great takeover candidate, recall Leap Wireless (LEAP) is next in line to get acquired. Leap Wireless shares have traded between $4.28 and $11.3 over the past 12 months. Today LEAP is at $5.57 a share.
Everyone is hating on McDonald's Corp. (MCD) which makes us McLovin it even more. The company made the cut in 4 Large Cap Stocks for 2013 and Fast Food Stocks for 2013. McDonald's is trading at $93.12 and its shares are 10.5% from its 52-week low. MCD pays out a 3.3% annual dividend yield which makes for a great IRA play. Buy it and check in on it next year after the stock has rallied and you've enjoyed the quarterly dividends.
Finally Microsoft (MSFT) aka. the Cash Zombie Cow is the Masters Value Pick for 2013: Microsoft. We detailed our argument for why we believe MSFT is a "Buy", read it and believe. Microsoft is at $27.96 today, only 6% from its 52-week low. Mr. Softy pays a 3.29% annual dividend yield.
Bottom line: If you are looking for a decent lineup of stocks this year and need some help doing so. Look no further than PAY, TTWO, LEAP, MCD, and MSFT.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Party Continues Even When it Gets Corny | iBankCoin.com
- Vultures Begin to Circle on Canadian Housing Downside | Financial Sense
- Lame Duck President Good for the Markets | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: The Great "American" Divide | ZeroHedge
- Market Rally Continues Along With QE | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Silver Squeeze | ZeroHedge
- How A Last Second Flash Crash Pushed The S&P 500 From 1,667 To 1,666 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ex Amazon Employee: Google Is 'A Threat 'To Amazon's Cloud (AMZN,... | Business Insider
- Dell Is An Utter Disaster | Business Insider
- 15 Recent Ads That Glorify Sexual Violence Against Women | Business Insider
- Retiring Wall Street Strategist Gives Amazing Investment Advice Just Before He Quits | Business Insider
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: KMP EPD MWE PAA WPZ EAC | TheStreet.com
- Subway Asked People If They're Embarrassed To Carry McDonald's Bags | Business Insider
- The Astros Lost A Game In Maybe The Worst Way Possible | Business Insider