5 Bankable Stock Picks for 2013 thru 2014
Since we all have short attention spans, we will cut right to the chase. The five stock picks we are endorsing for 2013 and beyond are Verifone Systems Inc. (PAY), Take-Two Interactive (TTWO), Leap Wireless (LEAP), and McDonald's Corp. (MCD).
Verifone (PAY) we talked up in 3 Stock Trends for 2014. Since our recommendation PAY has moved up 23%. Thus far in 2013 Verifone shares are up 20%. Verifone shares are up 2% today to $35.70. Revisit our article and learn more about this electronic payment solutions leader. Barron's has faith in Verifone as well, read why they believe this stock is going to have a stellar 2013.
We've talked up Take-Two (TTWO) enough and our thesis remains the same as it was in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback. GTA V on the horizon, Bioshock Infinite coming in March, and anything Carl Icahn can muster up. Take-Two shares are trading in the high $12 range today.
Leap Wireless (LEAP) we believe could be a great takeover candidate, recall Leap Wireless (LEAP) is next in line to get acquired. Leap Wireless shares have traded between $4.28 and $11.3 over the past 12 months. Today LEAP is at $5.57 a share.
Everyone is hating on McDonald's Corp. (MCD) which makes us McLovin it even more. The company made the cut in 4 Large Cap Stocks for 2013 and Fast Food Stocks for 2013. McDonald's is trading at $93.12 and its shares are 10.5% from its 52-week low. MCD pays out a 3.3% annual dividend yield which makes for a great IRA play. Buy it and check in on it next year after the stock has rallied and you've enjoyed the quarterly dividends.
Finally Microsoft (MSFT) aka. the Cash Zombie Cow is the Masters Value Pick for 2013: Microsoft. We detailed our argument for why we believe MSFT is a "Buy", read it and believe. Microsoft is at $27.96 today, only 6% from its 52-week low. Mr. Softy pays a 3.29% annual dividend yield.
Bottom line: If you are looking for a decent lineup of stocks this year and need some help doing so. Look no further than PAY, TTWO, LEAP, MCD, and MSFT.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How The World's Most Leveraged Hedge Fund Got Away With Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
- Central Bank Credibility, The Equity Markets, And Gold | ZeroHedge
- The Gods Have Spoken: Only True Believers Were Saved | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap November 25, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Global Economies Will Dictate Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
- Here Comes France: Right-Wing Leader Marine Le Pen Demands Central Bank Repatriate French Gold | ZeroHedge
- UMich Confidence Misses By Most In 13 Months | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- You Can Get One Of The Best Android Phones In The World Basically For Free... | Business Insider
- Science-Based Hacks For Making Your Thanksgiving Meal Perfect | Business Insider
- Kobe Bryant's Daughter Understands The Secret To Being Clutch | Business Insider
- Twitter Is Going To Start Monitoring What... | Business Insider
- Here's The New Yorker's Brilliantly Simple New Ferguson... | Business Insider
- Keurig's New Coffee Machine Got A Ton Of Hype, But Customers Seem To Hate It | Business Insider