5 Bankable Stock Picks for 2013 thru 2014
Since we all have short attention spans, we will cut right to the chase. The five stock picks we are endorsing for 2013 and beyond are Verifone Systems Inc. (PAY), Take-Two Interactive (TTWO), Leap Wireless (LEAP), and McDonald's Corp. (MCD).
Verifone (PAY) we talked up in 3 Stock Trends for 2014. Since our recommendation PAY has moved up 23%. Thus far in 2013 Verifone shares are up 20%. Verifone shares are up 2% today to $35.70. Revisit our article and learn more about this electronic payment solutions leader. Barron's has faith in Verifone as well, read why they believe this stock is going to have a stellar 2013.
We've talked up Take-Two (TTWO) enough and our thesis remains the same as it was in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback. GTA V on the horizon, Bioshock Infinite coming in March, and anything Carl Icahn can muster up. Take-Two shares are trading in the high $12 range today.
Leap Wireless (LEAP) we believe could be a great takeover candidate, recall Leap Wireless (LEAP) is next in line to get acquired. Leap Wireless shares have traded between $4.28 and $11.3 over the past 12 months. Today LEAP is at $5.57 a share.
Everyone is hating on McDonald's Corp. (MCD) which makes us McLovin it even more. The company made the cut in 4 Large Cap Stocks for 2013 and Fast Food Stocks for 2013. McDonald's is trading at $93.12 and its shares are 10.5% from its 52-week low. MCD pays out a 3.3% annual dividend yield which makes for a great IRA play. Buy it and check in on it next year after the stock has rallied and you've enjoyed the quarterly dividends.
Finally Microsoft (MSFT) aka. the Cash Zombie Cow is the Masters Value Pick for 2013: Microsoft. We detailed our argument for why we believe MSFT is a "Buy", read it and believe. Microsoft is at $27.96 today, only 6% from its 52-week low. Mr. Softy pays a 3.29% annual dividend yield.
Bottom line: If you are looking for a decent lineup of stocks this year and need some help doing so. Look no further than PAY, TTWO, LEAP, MCD, and MSFT.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buckle Up, the Bank of Japan Has Blown Up the Markets (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Surge in Global Economic Surprises, Business Confidence Continues | Financial Sense
- Goldman: "The Boost From Lower Taxes Will Now Be Smaller, Occur Later Than Expected" | ZeroHedge
- Did Erdogan Just Hand Rutte The Dutch Election? | ZeroHedge
- Chris Martenson: "Why This Market Needs To Crash (And Likely Will)" | ZeroHedge
- McCain: "The New World Order Is Under Enormous Strain" | ZeroHedge
- US Debt of $20 Trillion Visualized In Stacks Of Physical Cash | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pandora is betting its future on a new on-demand music service called... | Business Insider
- The 6 most expensive products Apple has ever sold (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- This deal on an automatic vacuum is one of the best we’ve seen | Business Insider
- Money managers agree one trade is really crowded, but they'... | Business Insider
- How to measure the terrorism threat after the Westminster attack | Business Insider