5 Bankable Stock Picks for 2013 thru 2014
Since we all have short attention spans, we will cut right to the chase. The five stock picks we are endorsing for 2013 and beyond are Verifone Systems Inc. (PAY), Take-Two Interactive (TTWO), Leap Wireless (LEAP), and McDonald's Corp. (MCD).
Verifone (PAY) we talked up in 3 Stock Trends for 2014. Since our recommendation PAY has moved up 23%. Thus far in 2013 Verifone shares are up 20%. Verifone shares are up 2% today to $35.70. Revisit our article and learn more about this electronic payment solutions leader. Barron's has faith in Verifone as well, read why they believe this stock is going to have a stellar 2013.
We've talked up Take-Two (TTWO) enough and our thesis remains the same as it was in Take-Two: A Classic Pullback. GTA V on the horizon, Bioshock Infinite coming in March, and anything Carl Icahn can muster up. Take-Two shares are trading in the high $12 range today.
Leap Wireless (LEAP) we believe could be a great takeover candidate, recall Leap Wireless (LEAP) is next in line to get acquired. Leap Wireless shares have traded between $4.28 and $11.3 over the past 12 months. Today LEAP is at $5.57 a share.
Everyone is hating on McDonald's Corp. (MCD) which makes us McLovin it even more. The company made the cut in 4 Large Cap Stocks for 2013 and Fast Food Stocks for 2013. McDonald's is trading at $93.12 and its shares are 10.5% from its 52-week low. MCD pays out a 3.3% annual dividend yield which makes for a great IRA play. Buy it and check in on it next year after the stock has rallied and you've enjoyed the quarterly dividends.
Finally Microsoft (MSFT) aka. the Cash Zombie Cow is the Masters Value Pick for 2013: Microsoft. We detailed our argument for why we believe MSFT is a "Buy", read it and believe. Microsoft is at $27.96 today, only 6% from its 52-week low. Mr. Softy pays a 3.29% annual dividend yield.
Bottom line: If you are looking for a decent lineup of stocks this year and need some help doing so. Look no further than PAY, TTWO, LEAP, MCD, and MSFT.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap July 25, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Friends Don’t Let Friends Buy Junk | iBankCoin.com
- Pending Home Sales Tumble From Recovery Highs, Biggest Miss In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- The Chinese vs Japanese Navy Head To Head: An Infographic | ZeroHedge
- All About That Small Cap Life | iBankCoin.com
- Tapering Is Now Tightening | Financial Sense
- The Catalysts for a Correction | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- POLL: Romney Would Beat Obama In Election Rematch | Business Insider
- 21 Stunning Photos Taken By A 15-Year-Old Instagram Photographer | Business Insider
- A Surprising Number Of Harvard Grads Admit They Have Cheated | Business Insider
- What Richard Branson Wants You To Learn From A Virgin Galactic Intern | Business Insider
- The Big Mac index: A basket of sliders | Business Insider
- Step Inside Japan's Abandoned 'American Cowboy' Theme Park | Business Insider
- Russia's Smartest People Are Leaving In Droves | Business Insider