A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Yesterday's Market Selloff Turn "Emotional": Here Are The Key Indicators RBC Is Looking At | ZeroHedge
- Davos For Democrats: DNC Mega Donors Meet At Mandarin Oriental Hotel To Plot "The Resistance" | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases "NightSkies 1.2": Proof CIA Bugs "Factory Fresh" iPhones | ZeroHedge
- THe ReTuRN OF CoMeY THe CLoWN... | ZeroHedge
- Avi Gilburt: Major Whipsaws Ahead | Financial Sense
- Disturbing Video Footage Shows Moment Of Deadly London Attack | ZeroHedge
- "Trump Trade 1.0" Is Over - Why It Will Take Some Time To Ship Version 2.0 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Spurs' latest hidden gem is a 27-year-old center who learned to play... | Business Insider
- Rodrigo Duterte is again flirting with a dangerous change to the rule of law in the... | Business Insider
- The fight over Trump's Supreme Court nominee puts spotlight on vulnerable... | Business Insider
- A 'Star Wars' fan spliced the end of 'Rogue One' with the beginning of 'A... | Business Insider
- Don't bother using hot water to wash your clothes | Business Insider
- How a congressional race in LA offers a glimpse into the future of elections... | Business Insider
- Amazon has a new weapon in its war on brick-and-... | Business Insider