A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Amid Rising Fears Of Nuclear Terrorism, Belgium Hands Out Iodine Pills To Entire Population | ZeroHedge
- "We All Work As A Team" - Millennials Explain How It's Going Living 'Rent-Free' At Home | ZeroHedge
- SEC Begins Crack Down On Non-GAAP Accounting Gimmicks | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Apr 28, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- "Peak Oil Demand" - The Collapse Of The Old Oil Order | ZeroHedge
- Debt Is Growing Faster Than Cash Flow By The Most On Record | ZeroHedge
- Krugman's Solution Is "The Fiscal Equivalent Of War" - Japan Agrees | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know today | Business Insider
- The company behind 'American Idol' just filed for bankruptcy | Business Insider
- This heartwarming letter from an 8-year-old girl... | Business Insider
- The fintech industry explained: The trends disrupting the world... | Business Insider
- There's no way to exit from this great big monetary experiment | Business Insider
- These 4 maps show how China is dominating global trade | Business Insider
- The most expensive home to rent in every state | Business Insider