A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weather Constrained Retail: Focus on Outdoor Dining | Financial Sense
- A Tale Of Two Streets: Main Street Lagging, Wall Street Booming | ZeroHedge
- What Bond Investors Are Most Concerned About | ZeroHedge
- You Have Been Forewarned | Financial Sense
- Pentagon "Loses Track" Of Equipment From $750mm Bomb-Spotting Program, Finds On eBay & Craigslist | ZeroHedge
- Welfare Nation Alert: Disability Fund To Run Out Of Cash In Two Years | ZeroHedge
- Talkin’ and Yellen: Understanding the Fed | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 stunning entries from Smithsonian Magazine's annual photo contest... | Business Insider
- Wage disparities are leveling off | Business Insider
- Crash co-pilot's personality 'serious lead... | Business Insider
- Google fires back at the Wall Street Journal over... | Business Insider
- Here's the one big advantage YouTube has over Facebook's new video... | Business Insider
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy tells us why he has a 'good level of confidence... | Business Insider
- 15 mega-yachts worth a total of $5.5 billion — and the lucky men who own them | Business Insider