A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Tale Of Two Credit Markets: New Auto Loans Highest In 9 Years As New Mortgages Slump Near Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 24, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Investor Sentiment in the Balance | Financial Sense
- Another Keynesian Debt Boondoggle: How Brussels Plans To Turn $26 Billion Into $390 Billion | ZeroHedge
- I Got Your Growth Stocks Right Here | iBankCoin.com
- President Obama Delivers A Statement On The Ferguson Ruling | ZeroHedge
- Ferguson Fatality: Black Male In 20s Found Burned & Shot Dead In Trunk Of Car | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World This Morning | Business Insider
- A Boost In German Business Confidence Just Gave Angela Merkel Some Room To Breathe | Business Insider
- Shoppers Increase Spending On Experiences, Instead of Goods for Holidays | TheStreet.com
- 'Casablanca' piano sold for $3.4 million at US... | Business Insider
- Lyft Says It Just Had Its Biggest Week Ever | Business Insider
- This Picture Shows How Far Apple Computers Have Come In 30 Years (... | Business Insider
- The iPhone 6 May Have A Scratch Problem | Business Insider