A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US-Trained Special Forces Chief Joins ISIS, Vows To Bring Jihad To Russia & America | ZeroHedge
- ECB Cracks A Joke, Says It Will "Publicly" Respond To Allegations It Privately Leaks Market-Moving News | ZeroHedge
- Super-Tanker Surge Signals More Crude Carnage To Come | ZeroHedge
- The Most Confusing Reason Why Millennials Aren't Buying Houses | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile In India, It Is So Hot The Roads Are Melting, "One Billion People Impacted" | ZeroHedge
- Easy?! | Financial Sense
- Introducing the Zero Labor Factory (90% Free Actually) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A 'substantial issue' could give the Boston Bomber his... | Business Insider
- Suu Kyi sidesteps Rohingya migrant crisis for... | Business Insider
- England threatens to boycott the 2018... | Business Insider
- Snapchat is reportedly raising $650 million at a $... | Business Insider
- One big reason why Snapchat’s rumored $16 billion valuation makes sense | Business Insider
- Terrifying stats show how many traders have no idea what real... | Business Insider
- Analyst: Oracle 'has been behaving irrationally' towards Workday (ORCL,... | Business Insider