A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- News: Gold Takes a Momentary Hit; Soros Bets on Stock Crash; Ukraine Destroys Armored Russian Convoy | Financial Sense
- What's So Special About A 17x PE Multiple? | ZeroHedge
- Jack Lew's Worst Nightmare - China's Currency Should Be 20% 'Weaker' | ZeroHedge
- Is The SEC Asking These Hedge Funds Why They All Rushed Into Allergan Last Quarter? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: August 19 | ZeroHedge
- THESE ARE THE NEW TRADES | iBankCoin.com
- Reshuffling the Deck | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Google Street View Car May Have Run Over A Dog In Chile (GOOG) | Business Insider
- How Tesla Stretches Earnings Quality | TheStreet.com
- Rick Perry Suggests Indictment May Be Designed To Derail His National Ambitions | Business Insider
- Googlers Eat Way More Than 40,000 Free Meals Per Day And $1 Million Worth Of Chicken Per Month (... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Israel Faced A Huge Wave Of Cyber Attacks During Its War With Hamas — And Iran... | Business Insider
- Home Depot Had A Nice Spring Rebound | Business Insider