A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Angry About Yellen's "Is NIRP Legal" Confusion | ZeroHedge
- WTI Plunges Back Below $30 After Goldman "Teens" & IEA Excess-Supply Warning | ZeroHedge
- Panic-Buyers Spike Dow Over 200 Points At Open | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan and Oil Detracting Market's Focus from Weak GDP Report | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Desperation & Twist Talk Save Stock Sheep From Slaughter | ZeroHedge
- "Investors Have Completely Lost Faith In Deutsche Bank" A Top 10 Shareholder Admits | ZeroHedge
- USDJPY Plunges To 113 Handle - Gives Up QQE2 Gains | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Viacom is crashing (VIAB) | Business Insider
- These are some of the weapons the Pentagon wants for its $583 billion budget | Business Insider
- A 'dead' Chinese baby awakes just before cremation | Business Insider
- Chipotle can make a comeback | Business Insider
- How to get 2GB of free Google Drive storage in two minutes or less (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Here's how you should dress when you're losing your hair | Business Insider
- You can rent 'Van Gogh's bedroom' on Airbnb for $10 | Business Insider