A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hillary Accuses State Department Report Of Having An "Anti-Clinton Bias" | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Trump Has Enough Delegates To Win The Republican Nomination | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross Goes Against His Insticts, Turns Bearish on Bond Markets | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: April Real Retail Sales Up 0.8% | Financial Sense
- The New Millennial Dream: Make Over $200,000 And Retire At 90 | ZeroHedge
- Ryan Folds? - Republican Speaker Ready To Endorse Trump | ZeroHedge
- "The Freeze Is Finished" - Why Did Saudi Arabia Kill OPEC? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The cheapest premium smartphone you can buy just got a lot cheaper | Business Insider
- Google just won its epic legal battle with Oracle — here's why that matters (GOOG,... | Business Insider
- The easiest way to buy gold is actually backed by the real thing (GLD) | Business Insider
- Here's how marketers are using different mobile... | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' investor Robert Herjavec... | Business Insider
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The trends creating new winners and losers in... | Business Insider
- Here's a roadmap to the next recession | Business Insider