A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Close to New All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Dow Dumps 600 Points From Last Friday's Panic-Buying Ramp, Drops 10% Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- Mapping The Crisis Contagion Process: The Flowchart | ZeroHedge
- Is This Why Copper Is Collapsing? | ZeroHedge
- West Point Professor Calls For Military Strikes On Journalists Critical Of War On Terror | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Admits Russian Spy Ship Discovered Near US Submarine Base, Heading For Cuba | ZeroHedge
- Losing Faith? Traders Dump Japanese Stocks At Fastest Pace In History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There’s a new path to Harvard and it’s not in a classroom | Business Insider
- LEADING OFF: Latos tries again for Dodgers, Braves skidding... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Record beckons for Rooney in San Marino Euro qualifier | Business Insider
- I finally ditched my Apple Watch — here... | Business Insider
- 20 of the coolest 'Star Wars' toys coming out Friday | Business Insider
- VMware was surprised to find out that its biggest rival, Cisco, owned 5% of its... | Business Insider