A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe Prepares for the Next Assault in the War on Cash | ZeroHedge
- Argentines Stumped By Mystery Trucks Loaded With $130 Million In "High Denomination" Bills | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI Plummets To 48.7, Below Lowest Estimate | ZeroHedge
- NAR Admits Oil Slump Finally Hits Housing Sales | ZeroHedge
- Seeking A Savior | ZeroHedge
- China 'Recovery' Meme Snaps - Tech & Growth Stocks Are Plunging | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Total Debt Soars By $674 Billion In November | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The star of 'Creed' wants a sequel — here's why it will probably happen... | Business Insider
- Here's how to set your iPhone up for a relaxing vacation — even if you... | Business Insider
- George Lucas hasn't looked at the internet in 15 years — this is why | Business Insider
- Dad accused of taking Alabama boy pleads not guilty | Business Insider
- Italy urges quicker refugee relocations across Europe | Business Insider
- Statue of Liberty inspired by Arab woman, researchers say... | Business Insider
- Celebrities have to pay $30k for their own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame | Business Insider