A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Investors Intelligence: Initiation of Strong New Uptrend | Financial Sense
- Goldman, Morgan Stanley Warn European QE, While Fully Priced In, Is Neither Imminent Nor Likely | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Carving Out a Good Halloween | iBankCoin.com
- Whatever You Do, Ignore These Signs | ZeroHedge
- The "Carry Trade" For The Working Man | ZeroHedge
- Shocking Bank Of Japan Trick And QE Boosting Treat Sends Futures To Record High | ZeroHedge
- In Cased You Missed it, Recap of Japan Overnight Into Halloween | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Seth Rogen To Play Steve Wozniak In Steve Jobs Biopic | Business Insider
- How ISIS Became One Of The World's Most Dangerous Terrorist Groups | Business Insider
- The Group That Everyone Thought Wanted To Destroy Apple Pay Has Changed Its Tune (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 6 Interesting Things We Learned From Entrepreneurs About Starting A Business | Business Insider
- 13 Things You Never Knew About Halloween | Business Insider
- One Map Shows Exactly What Obamacare Has Done To The Country | Business Insider
- After Going Viral On Social Media, An Adorable Puppy Worth $2,500 Was Stolen In... | Business Insider