A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Should Europe Implement Universal Basic Income? | Financial Sense
- "Worse Than Lehman" - European Bank Bloodbath Sparks Dollar Funding Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Hockey Sticks - Correcting Sharply Downward Yet Again | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach Will Sell European Stocks Into "Remain" Pop; Bashes SolarCity Deal | ZeroHedge
- Gold Surges 15% To £968 Per Ounce – BREXIT Creates EU Contagion Risk | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index: Decrease in May | Financial Sense
- S&P Futures Halted Limit Down As VIX Spikes Above 26 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Treasury yields are imploding (TLT, TLO) | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Scientists discover how to make healthy chocolate using electric fields | Business Insider
- Here's everything you need to know from the incredible 8-hour O.J. Simpson documentary | Business Insider
- Amazon is so eager to hire great engineers, it's poaching them from... | Business Insider
- This simple trick can free up a ton of storage on your iPhone (... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider