A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Where Do ISIS Fighters Come From? | ZeroHedge
- Dispatches from Occupied Territory – Fear is the Mind Killer | ZeroHedge
- Ramp Up Your Weekly Market Preparation | iBankCoin.com
- To Everyone Saying Russia Is "Isolated", Here's A Map | ZeroHedge
- Currency Reform In Ancient Rome | ZeroHedge
- Mixed Emotions for the Gold Market | ZeroHedge
- Bueller, Bueller | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New CEO Of Troubled UK Supermarket Tells All 500,000... | Business Insider
- 20 New Books We Can't Wait To Read This Fall | Business Insider
- Why Apple Is Launching The iPhone And iWatch At The Same... | Business Insider
- New village toilets a small step for poor Indian women | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Apple Just Unlocked A Big Mystery About How The App Store Works (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Your Gym Is Ripping You Off — Here's How To Get A Cheaper Membership | Business Insider