A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mattress Money & Need-For-Yield: "We Saw This In 2007" | ZeroHedge
- Its 2007 Deja Vu All Over Again: Goldman Is Raising $8 Billion LBO Fund | ZeroHedge
- An Upside Down World | Financial Sense
- From Seeking Yield to Seeking Profits | Financial Sense
- Signs of Excessive Bullish Sentiment | Financial Sense
- After "Pause That Refreshes" 'Investors' Panic-Buy Stocks Back To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Peter Thiel's RNC Speech: "Wall Street Bankers Inflate Bubbles In Everything From Bonds To Hillary's Speaking Fees" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 bizarre situations people have gotten into playing 'Pokémon GO' | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- What to do when a hiring manager asks, 'Where does... | Business Insider
- Understand fintech - Amazon's next possible frontier - with this report... | Business Insider
- YouTube faces challenges as media companies turn to... | Business Insider
- The creator of a liquid meal replacement popular with techies could face... | Business Insider
- Here’s the moment a protester interrupted... | Business Insider