A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Futures Slide After Worldwide Bloomberg Outage, China Tumbles On Short Selling Boost | ZeroHedge
- Hong Kong Insanity Launches Exchange Operator's Shares Into Orbit | ZeroHedge
- Greek Bank "Quarantine" Abroad Sparks European Selloff | ZeroHedge
- Economic Uncertainty Driving Corporate Buybacks? | Financial Sense
- France Considers Forcing Google to Disclose Search Algorithm; Too Much Satisfaction! | Financial Sense
- One Day After Recommending the Veritaseum Leveraged Macro Trade Against Goldman's Earnings, 50% Profit! | ZeroHedge
- Men Go Mad In Herds | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The number of Americans paying for traditional TV peaked in 2012 | Business Insider
- 300 US troops in Ukraine to train Ukrainian forces: US... | Business Insider
- Bremmer: This is why Putin is one of the world's most influential... | Business Insider
- Iraq checks claims Saddam deputy Izzat Ibrahim al-Duri... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Michael Jordan's 'Jumpman' logo may soon be on NBA uniforms | Business Insider
- Watch this gorilla crack its glass cage after racing toward the little girl who provoked it... | Business Insider