A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Accuses US Of Fabricating MH17 Evidence As US Reveals More "Evidence" Of Russian Military Involvement | ZeroHedge
- Head Doctor Fighting Africa's "Out Of Control" Ebola Epidemic Contracts The Virus | ZeroHedge
- 10,000 PERCENT! | iBankCoin.com
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- This Is What A 8900% 1-Day Profit Looks Like | ZeroHedge
- Exclusive: High-Level NSA Whistleblower Says Blackmail Is a Huge – Unreported – Part of Mass Surveillance | ZeroHedge
- Europe Unleashes Sanctions On 15 Individuals And 18 Entities (But No Russian Companies) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Two Famous Faces From The Financial Crisis Executed A Deal Today That Reportedly Made One A... | Business Insider
- The Restaurant Industry Still Hasn't Recovered From The Recession | Business Insider
- Beyond Sweet, Salty, Bitter, And Sour: The Human Tongue Might Taste More Than 15... | Business Insider
- A Russian Billionaire Plans To Open A $500 Million Theme Park In Moscow | Business Insider
- If You've Ever Wanted To Erase Your Texts From Someone Else's Phone,... | Business Insider
- It's Obvious That An Independent Scotland Just Won't Be... | Business Insider
- Burger King's 33-Year-Old CEO Is Completely Reshaping The Company | Business Insider