Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can A National Quasi-Religion (Pro Sports) Go Broke? | ZeroHedge
- The Stupendous Failure Of Big City Education: How The Philly Teachers Union Loots The Schools | ZeroHedge
- "Sand Is The New Gold"? | ZeroHedge
- Putin Says Everything U.S. Touches Turns Out Like Libya Or Iraq | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Rises Again | Financial Sense
- Taupe: It’s Not Just For The Oval Office Anymore | ZeroHedge
- Movement to Declassify 9/11 Information Gathers Momentum ... 9/11 Commission Chairs and Congressmen Call for Declassification | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What Scientists Discovered When They Conducted A Rigorous Study Of Pizza... | Business Insider
- Apple's iWatch Isn't Shipping Until Next Year (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Leopard Serena roars on as Ivanovic stunned at US Open | Business Insider
- 75 Philippine UN peacekeepers defy Syria rebels | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (GOOG, AMZN, AAPL, NOK) | Business Insider
- IMF approves $1.4 billion aid payment for Ukraine | Business Insider
- This Is How Google Finds Its Floating Internet Balloons When They're Ready... | Business Insider