Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 49 | Altucher Confidential
- Trump Fires Up Europe's Anti-Establishment Movement | ZeroHedge
- The Six Stages Of Democrat Grief Are Complete | ZeroHedge
- Futures, Dollar Slide; European Stocks At 3-Week Lows As "Trump Reality Sets In" | ZeroHedge
- How The New York Times Plays With History | ZeroHedge
- Gold To 2 Month High As Fiery Trump Declares New American Order | ZeroHedge
- Trump to Renegotiate NAFTA with Mexico and Canada | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ex-CIA director John Brennan: '... | Business Insider
- Here's what IUDs and mammograms... | Business Insider
- Here's how China could actually benefit from a Trump presidency | Business Insider
- Here's the question the author of 'The 4-Hour Workweek' asks himself to keep... | Business Insider
- Iceland knows how to stop teen substance abuse but the rest of the world... | Business Insider
- Tom Brady's kids have a diet that is almost as strict as his | Business Insider
- Jordy Nelson spends 12 hours a day working on his family farm in the offseason | Business Insider