Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Video Analysis 03/08/14 | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks: October 2007 vs. March 2014 | Financial Sense
- India Backs Russia's "Legitimate Interests" In Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- The Dollar’s Long Term Decline | Financial Sense
- Picturing The Amazon.com Of Illegal Drugs | ZeroHedge
- Money Managers Aren’t Paid to Forecast; They’re Paid to Adapt | Financial Sense
- Can the Rally in Global Commodities Be Sustained? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Is Why It Feels Like Apple Stopped Innovating... | Business Insider
- This One Video Shows Why The A-10 Is Loved By US Troops — And Totally Feared By The Enemy | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Lake Erie Is Turning To Slime [PHOTOS] | Business Insider
- Why Harry Reid Wants Me To Stop Reading The Budget | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: TSLA SCTY SGMO CSX PF | TheStreet.com
- Why Johann Sebastian Bach Is The Voice Of God | Business Insider