Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Life Expectancy In U.S. Drops For The First Time In Decades - "This Is A Big Deal" | ZeroHedge
- Here's What Happens When A Currency Completely Breaks Down | ZeroHedge
- Restoration Hardware Implodes After More Terrible Guidance, Blames Election | ZeroHedge
- From 65 Days To 9 Hours - The Incredible Shrinking Life Of Market Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Is the Student Loan Bubble Getting Ready to Pop? | Financial Sense
- Democrats Unveil 'Transition' Team | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Journalist Banned From Media After Criticizing Trump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Baltimore Orioles reportedly told Jose Bautista that... | Business Insider
- Programmatic technology is transforming the retail experience | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about the Thai economy | Business Insider
- Watch Bryson DeChambeau — golf’s most eccentric player — unveil... | Business Insider
- 7 phases I went through to get from waiting tables to owning a 6-... | Business Insider
- 'Westworld' star Jeffrey Wright weighs in on a bold new fan theory... | Business Insider
- Why you should take advantage of this widely ignored part of... | Business Insider