Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brazil Crashes As Rousseff Regains Lead | ZeroHedge
- Manufacturing Runs | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: September 30 | ZeroHedge
- The "Only Chart That Matters", Projected Until 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Bank CEOs are the New Drug Lords | ZeroHedge
- UMBReLLa ReVoLuTioN... | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela's "21st Century Socialism": Food Lines For The People, New Cars For The Military | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fasting Modi meets Obama at White House | Business Insider
- Chris Pratt Opens SNL Season Premiere With A Funny Song About Himself | Business Insider
- Here's How Apple Is Making Its New HQ... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk Is By Far The Richest Person In The Car Business (... | Business Insider
- ISIS Fighter Calls US Airstrikes Totally Ineffective | Business Insider
- Here's What Wall Street Is Already Forecasting For Next Friday's Jobs... | Business Insider
- The Guy Who Raised $55,000 On Kickstarter To Make Potato Salad Threw A Big Party To... | Business Insider