Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Could A Lithium Shortage De-Rail The Electric Car Boom? | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- Vice Chairman Of South Korea Conglomerate Lotte Hangs Himself Hours Before Criminal Probe | ZeroHedge
- Heading Down The J-Hole: "The Fed Isn't Hawkish" | ZeroHedge
- China's "Answer To LendingClub" Plunges Most On Record After Regulator Imposes Peer-To-Peer Caps | ZeroHedge
- Can Stocks Survive Without Stimulus? | Financial Sense
- 'Last Economist Standing' John Taylor Urges "Less Weird Policy" At Jackson Hole | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Giant, laser-cut glass orbs will glow at Burning Man this year | Business Insider
- There’s more reason to believe Apple will kill the home button with next year’s... | Business Insider
- This water is so pure it could strip the minerals from your body | Business Insider
- 14 things to say when you get fired that you won't regret | Business Insider
- 16 photos that show the dirty way the world gets an important energy source | Business Insider
- JAMES CARVILLE: This is what scares me the most about a Trump... | Business Insider
- Arby's just unleashed a new weapon in the fast food fried chicken wars | Business Insider