Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself” | Altucher Confidential
- Battleships And Helicopters Join Hunt For Missing Submarine: Sweden Prepares To "Use Weapons To Surface Sub" | ZeroHedge
- A Quality Gem | iBankCoin.com
- Fly Buy: $MU | iBankCoin.com
- NYSE Gives Up Trying To Fix Itself | ZeroHedge
- Consensus Expects Year-End Rally Post 10% Market Correction | Financial Sense
- McDonalds Sales Plunge In Worst Month Since 2003 Following Dollar Meal "Sticker Shock" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Emory University Investigating AEPi Fraternity Chapter For Racially Offensive... | Business Insider
- Peyton Manning Had To Relearn How To Throw A Football In 2011, And He Says It Made Him Even... | Business Insider
- 10 Must-Have Photo Apps For The Mobile Photographer | Business Insider
- Why Facebook Is Still The Dominant Social Network, In One Chart (FB) | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Dubai's New Supercar Ambulance Can Go 160 MPH | Business Insider
- Pistorius sentencing: Live Report | Business Insider