Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can China Keep Miami's Condo Bubble From Bursting? | ZeroHedge
- VaMPYRoTeuTHiS TRoiKa INFeRNaLiS... | ZeroHedge
- Russia Celebrates Independence Day By Flying Strategic Bombers 200 Miles Off California Coast | ZeroHedge
- China Chicanery Causes Chaos | Financial Sense
- Current Oil Price Slump Far From Over | Financial Sense
- All The Latest Greek Headlines | ZeroHedge
- "Greece Is Contained" Except In Crude, Copper, FX, US & EU Stocks, & Peripheral Bonds | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This man will pay you $10,000 to find him a girlfriend | Business Insider
- Here comes JOLTS ... (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- Pamplona bull-run festival kicks off with wine-soaked... | Business Insider
- Minor infections could be deadly in the near future | Business Insider
- Report: UBS will lead the Ferrari IPO (FCAU) | Business Insider
- Science explains how American soccer star Carli Lloyd made the shots... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump just released an epic statement raging against Mexican immigrants... | Business Insider