Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche Bank Is Back: 5 Year Sub CDS Soar To Record High | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of Hillary's Inauguration | ZeroHedge
- It's Not March 2009... And That's Bad | Financial Sense
- Iran Holds Nothing Back: "It's A Weird Suicide Mission That Will Have A Very Dark End" | ZeroHedge
- Lines Around The Block To Buy Gold In London; Banks Placing "Unusually Large Orders For Physical" | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: 800 Angry Farmers Storm Greek Ministry, Beat Cops With Shepherd's Sticks | ZeroHedge
- Raymond James Analyst Is Out With A Major Bearish Call | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple is unlikely to include noise-canceling headphones with the... | Business Insider
- Forensic experts say Mexico's version of the 43 missing students is a... | Business Insider
- Apple is making a TV series starring Dr. Dre (AAPL) | Business Insider
- A daddy-long-legs spider wins David and Goliath duel with... | Business Insider
- The life and awesomeness of Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Miscarriages have been reported in 2 American women with the Zika virus | Business Insider
- The cofounder of Apple is bringing us an even nerdier 'Comic Con' (AAPL) | Business Insider