Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consumer Confidence Rises Again | Financial Sense
- U.S. Warms to Clean Energy | Financial Sense
- A-D Line Foretells Job Openings | Financial Sense
- Gold Lock Down Despite Aggressive Plan To Ban Russia From SWIFT, Terrorism & War Risk; Palladium At Multi-Year High Over $900 | ZeroHedge
- Small Cap Relative Strength | Financial Sense
- A Look at the Coming 30-Year Inflation Cycle | Financial Sense
- Ukrainian Coast Guard Attacked Near Russian Border, Some Killed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- All The Different Ways That 'iCloud' Naked Celebrity Photo Leak Might Have... | Business Insider
- The 12 US Cities With The Hardest-Working People | Business Insider
- 22 Executives Who Wake Up Really Early | Business Insider
- Ryder Cup wildcard challenge for McGinley and Watson | Business Insider
- This Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone No One Is... | Business Insider
- Arsenal boss Wenger jumps to mis-firing Sanogo's... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com