Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Trump Triumph Challenges Economic Predictions for 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Political Turmoil Returns To Europe: French-German Spread Blows Out To Five Year Wides | ZeroHedge
- Trump and the Fed | Financial Sense
- Homicides In These 4 Cities Are Spiking To The Highest Levels In 20 Years | ZeroHedge
- Alan Greenspan: Ron Paul Was Right About The Gold Standard | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price 'Struggling' as Trump 'Set to Sway' Fed Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- Bitcoin Soars Above $1100, Near Record Highs As Chinese Bypass Crackdown | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The US is getting closer and closer to embarrassing itself with China | Business Insider
- Marine Le Pen's party's headquarters were... | Business Insider
- Here's what's next for the Mexican peso | Business Insider
- China is appealing to the US to avoid a 'trade war... | Business Insider
- Disney's live-action 'Lion King' will appeal to your childhood by... | Business Insider
- This is by far the best travel pillow I've ever used | Business Insider
- Wall Streeters and entrepreneurs are flocking to this new meditation... | Business Insider