Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can Gold Finally Recover? | Financial Sense
- How Does the Stock Market Perform During Rate Hikes? | Financial Sense
- You Know Your Country Is Broke When... | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap September 17, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Waiting for a Lift | iBankCoin.com
- Top U.S. Military Official: Our Arab “Allies” Support ISIS | ZeroHedge
- FREE SCOTLAND | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Hedge Fund Manager Reportedly Bought This Nantucket Beachfront Compound For $20... | Business Insider
- These Major iOS 8 Features Won't Be Available Today (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here's How The Ad Industry Proposes To Stop Online Ad Fraud | Business Insider
- Exercise Can Make You Happier — Here's How | Business Insider
- LIVE: FedEx Announces Earnings (FDX) | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek