Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Sell: $YGE | iBankCoin.com
- PREPARE! For the Great Big Silver Run of 2013 is About to Begin | iBankCoin.com
- The Last of the 2008 Doomsday Scenarios Is Fading Away | Financial Sense
- S&P 500: 12 Consecutive Closes Above the Upper Bollinger Band. Bullish or Bearish? | iBankCoin.com
- Is EVERY Market Rigged? | ZeroHedge
- Solar Hot Again | iBankCoin.com
- Brent Vigilantes Drag Gas Prices Near 3-Month High | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Xbox One Will Not Work With Old Xbox Games (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Now Worth ~$275 Million, David Karp Says Kids Should Not Drop Out Of High... | Business Insider
- UBS: 'The Economic Data Calendar Is A Desolate Wasteland Of Nothingness' | Business Insider
- Qantas Commissioned Novels That Are The Exact Length Of Their Flight Times | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- Marissa Mayer Talked About Tumblr And Revealed A Re-Imagined Flickr In New York (YHOO) | Business Insider
- Game On For Video Game Stocks | TheStreet.com