Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is It About To Get Worse? Lakeland Hazmat Suit Orders Go Exponential, Surpass 1 Million | ZeroHedge
- Shocking Bank Of Japan Trick And QE Boosting Treat Sends Futures To Record High | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Expects "Steady As She Goes" FOMC With QE Ending On Schedule | ZeroHedge
- Goldman, Morgan Stanley Warn European QE, While Fully Priced In, Is Neither Imminent Nor Likely | ZeroHedge
- Who Will Win This Next Pennant? | iBankCoin.com
- Chicago PMI Smashes Expectations, Jumps To 12-Month High | ZeroHedge
- QE’s Seeds Are Already Sown | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CONFIRMED: Yahoo Has Poached Top Amazon Exec Lisa Utzschneider (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Sororities Are Charging Crazy Fees Like $100 For Showing Up Late To Events | Business Insider
- REPORT: 85% Of Small Business Owners Plan To Expand In 2015 | Business Insider
- LinkedIn Beats, Stock Falls, Then Rises (LNKD) | Business Insider
- Marry Someone With This Trait If You Want To Get Ahead In Your Career | Business Insider
- 4 Dead After Plane Crashes Into Kansas... | Business Insider
- German Unemployment Takes An Unexpected Plunge | Business Insider