Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consumer Confidence Surprises to the Downside | Financial Sense
- The U.S. Shale Breakeven Price Debate | Financial Sense
- Swiss Yes Vote Possible - First “Gold Rush” Of 21st Century? | ZeroHedge
- "Panicking" Ukrainians Face Soaring Prices, Warn "Inflation Is War" | ZeroHedge
- Are You Better Off This Thanksgiving Than You Were Last Thanksgiving? | ZeroHedge
- Renewable Energy: Does It Need Critically Rare Materials? | Financial Sense
- False Confidence Rising In The US | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- BLACK FRIDAY: Here Are Best Deals On Electronics Today | Business Insider
- US shoppers go in for the kill on 'Black Friday' | Business Insider
- This Working Flying Car Prototype Is Absolutely Stunning | Business Insider
- Australian team grieves with India Test on ice | Business Insider
- A Bizarre Video Shows 17 Children Crammed In A Tiny 'School Bus' Rickshaw In... | Business Insider
- The 88-Year Evolution Of The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade | Business Insider
- 'Fractured skull' reports as cricketer Hughes... | Business Insider