Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is The Student Debt Bubble About To Witness Its 2007 Moment? | ZeroHedge
- A MiDSuMMeR NiTe'S SCReaM... | ZeroHedge
- PaY No ATTeNTioN To THaT PhD MoRoN... | ZeroHedge
- This Technical Signaled The Last Two Market Crashes And It Just Happened | ZeroHedge
- Is May 9 The Grexit Date? | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: National Guard Troops Patrol California City, Conduct New Jersey "Homeland Response Drill" | ZeroHedge
- Bloomberg Service Now Fully Restored | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Millions of users of dating site Match.com are at risk of having their... | Business Insider
- Djokovic routs Cilic in Monte Carlo | Business Insider
- Mourinho calls for caution as Premier League title... | Business Insider
- 11 reasons this is a terrible résumé for a recent college grad | Business Insider
- New Google security chief looks for balance with privacy | Business Insider
- The Warriors refused to trade Klay Thompson and gave him $69 million instead, and it was a genius... | Business Insider
- Jon Stewart goes on epic quest with a red balloon to prove... | Business Insider