Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Two Ideas For Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- European Jobless Rates By Country: Youth Unemployment In Greece, Spain Remains Over 50% | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia and Iran Compete in Yemen | Financial Sense
- It's Official: Fed Sees 0.0% GDP Growth In The First Quarter | ZeroHedge
- Massive Blackout Hits Turkey, Grounding Planes, Stopping Subways; Terror Not Ruled Out | ZeroHedge
- Imperial Collapse And A License To Kill | ZeroHedge
- No Foolin' - ADP Weaker than Expected | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- No one understands you — Here's what you can do about it | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- In a strange move, Salesforce's former CFO just retracted his retirement (CRM) | Business Insider
- How to get Siri to read anything out loud | Business Insider
- Latin America divided between oil and green energy | Business Insider
- All of the ways US intelligence thought Hitler may try and... | Business Insider