Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Oil Rises, US Shale Companies Have Begun Increasing Oil Production | ZeroHedge
- US to Undermine Russia’s Gas Monopoly in Europe | Financial Sense
- The Most Expensive Cities To Live In Across The Globe | ZeroHedge
- How To Quit Your Job the Right Way | Altucher Confidential
- Key Gold Index Doubles In 2016 (But Nobody Noticed) | ZeroHedge
- Stock-Drop-alypse Wow - Gold Soars As Kamikaze Kuroda Strikes Again | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Plunge After Bank Of Japan "Shock" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is how... | Business Insider
- Drake hinted he might have an album with Kanye West coming | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett is not at all excited about the US economy right now (BRK.B, BRK.A) | Business Insider
- A comment from a coworker made me realize I've been deluding myself about money... | Business Insider
- The FBI has served 2 warrants in relation to the San Bernardino shooting... | Business Insider
- Trump on Hillary Clinton: 'The only thing she's got going is the fact that... | Business Insider
- An AT&T spokesperson and former refugee is now helping Syrian refugees in... | Business Insider