Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman Warns This Extreme Indicator "Is Rare Outside Of A Recession" | ZeroHedge
- WHAT DID I MISS? | iBankCoin.com
- Black(er) Monday Looms: Dow Futures Down 220 After J-Hole Speeches & China Fold | ZeroHedge
- The Countdown To Europe’s Next Crisis Has Started: 28 Days To Go | ZeroHedge
- Say Goodbye To Normal - We're Going Medieval | ZeroHedge
- One Theory About Last Monday's ETF Implosion | ZeroHedge
- BNY Scrambles To Fix Unresolved ETF "Glitch" By Monday Market Open | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lambert picked as starting quarterback for No. 9 Georgia | Business Insider
- White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed Denali | Business Insider
- India's antitrust probe into Google moves into next... | Business Insider
- Doping in spotlight despite Beijing fireworks | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Greek coast guard picks up nearly 2,500 migrants in 3 days... | Business Insider
- Scott Dixon snatches IndyCar championship away from... | Business Insider