Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese IPO 826 Times Oversubscribed | ZeroHedge
- The Bloodied Idealogues vs. The Bloodthirsty Technocrats | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Unprecedented 'Mass Die Offs' As Pacific Ocean "Turning Into a Desert" Off California Coast | ZeroHedge
- The Case For Nationalizing Monsanto | ZeroHedge
- China Stocks Surge, Europe/US Purge, & Portuguese Bonds Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- McDonalds Responds To Minimum Wage Protests | ZeroHedge
- With All Major Markets Closed For Holiday, Here Are The Major News | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- More than 430 dead in India heatwave | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- An SEC lockdown almost killed this startup right after it launched - now it's worth... | Business Insider
- One thing veterans want you to know about Memorial Day | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about the hottest stock on the market (SHAK) | Business Insider
- The incredible story of how David Letterman saved Conan O... | Business Insider
- What it's like to be a Google intern, and how to get a job there when you... | Business Insider