Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- December 16th: A Date Which Will Live On In Monetary Infamy | ZeroHedge
- Richard Russell: The Passing of an Icon | Financial Sense
- Schengen Is Cracking – Can the EU Withstand the Pressure? | Financial Sense
- Argentines Stumped By Mystery Trucks Loaded With $130 Million In "High Denomination" Bills | ZeroHedge
- To JPM, This Is The Alarming Chart Suggesting The Next Recession "Is Just Around The Corner" | ZeroHedge
- "It Is All Rather Scary" - Chinese Debt Snowball Gaining Momentum | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Bank Hits Customers With Negative Interest Rates; Crazy? What About Velocity? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- AFP's Tzortzinis named wire photographer of year | Business Insider
- The romance and the Kalashnikov: Pashtun cinema reborn | Business Insider
- Amazon gives drone details, still mum on timeline | Business Insider
- The 'Seinfeld' cast recorded these awesome birthday wishes for a terminally ill... | Business Insider
- Andy Murray gives Britain Davis Cup title after 79 years | Business Insider
- Chips, electronic devices boost Japan's factory output | Business Insider
- Pope Francis meets with Muslims in Central African... | Business Insider