Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 2016 Presidential Election Comes Down To Only One Thing... | ZeroHedge
- Why The Deep State Is Dumping Hillary | ZeroHedge
- A Crashing Deutsche Bank Scrambles To Assure Markets That It Is "Fine" | ZeroHedge
- 'Angry' Davids Vs. 'Complacent' Goliaths: Social Revolution Looms | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Surges Back Above $46 On Saudi Hype But Traders Pile Into Protection | ZeroHedge
- Syria Claims To Have Recording Of Conversation Between ISIS And US Military Before Strike On Syrian Army | ZeroHedge
- I Prefer Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton (Video) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chesapeake shares are crashing after one of Carl Icahn's guys resigned from the... | Business Insider
- Microsoft and Adobe are teaming up against Salesforce and Oracle (CRM, MSFT, ADBE) | Business Insider
- Why new media companies like Vice and Ozy are jumping into traditional TV | Business Insider
- Miami is overloaded with condos, and things are only going to get worse | Business Insider
- Caesars has reached a deal with its creditors (CZR) | Business Insider
- Oil's rallying as OPEC talks begin | Business Insider
- Debate 'expectations game' winners tend to lose the elections | Business Insider