Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Do You Justify Consuming ExxonMobil’s Oil? | Financial Sense
- Two Measures of Inflation | Financial Sense
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
- POLL: Are You Bullish or Bearish on the Markets? | iBankCoin.com
- BNP Banker, His Wife And Nephew Murdered In Belgium | ZeroHedge
- 5 Reasons for a Q2 Decline in U.S. Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- Further Downside May Be Ahead, Though Long-Term Trend Still Intact | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Here's What Successful People Eat For Breakfast | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- TaskRabbit Will Let You Spend Half An Hour With A Bunny Today | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com