Gamble Two Dollars on AMD?
Last Friday Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) closed down 10% to $2.46. The company reports earnings Tuesday (Jan 22nd) after the market closes and it's a scary bet.
For those that care Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) shares have traded between $1.81 and $8.35 over the past 12 months. AMD's arch rival Intel Corp (INTC) reported a crappy earnings call last week and their stock tanked 6% . Intel shares dropped within 9% of its 12 month low last Friday. If Wall Street didn't like what Intel had to say then AMD shareholders should be concerned. Expectations are anything but high for AMD on its earnings call, God help the guidance.
Mastery is not buying ahead of the conference call. AMD carries a 18% short interest so if the results are bad its shares are going down fast. Perhaps those low expectations could work in favor for long AMD optimists. We will not be hitting the crack pipe due to AMD's negative cash flow after reporting two consecutive quarters amid declining revenues. This stock will be fun to watch and if it does miss, expect a victory for the shorts. Place your bet accordingly and trade at your own risk.
If you are conflicted about how to trade AMD check out Forbes.com -- AMD's Earning Preview: What To Watch After A Rough Year. Best of luck to everyone playing the call.
INTC and AMD 1 Year Charts:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Arabia Has Finally Figured Out How To Get Washington's Attention: Lobbyists | ZeroHedge
- Hillary In Trouble: State Department Says Clinton Did Not Comply With Record Policies: Full Report | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Much Your Health Insurance Payment Is About To Jump By | ZeroHedge
- The Global Monetary System Has Devalued 47% Over The Last 10 Years | ZeroHedge
- USO Closes Above 12 for the First Time in 2016 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- This Is Not A Drill. This Is The Real Thing. | Financial Sense
- Why Cheap Shale Gas Will End Soon | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Mark Zuckerberg should put his money where his mouth is and throw Peter Thiel... | Business Insider
- The top 5 digital trends for 2016 | Business Insider
- The millionaire founder of Nasty Gal uses a simple mind... | Business Insider
- The Native Ad Report: Revenue forecasts and top drivers | Business Insider
- THE FINTECH REGULATION REPORT: How European regulators are creating fertile ground for... | Business Insider
- The minimalist Tesla Model 3 design is cool — but also controversial (tsla) | Business Insider